Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P27 W14 D8 L5

Would/Could you ever call for Kenny's head??

Read 11811 times
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Re: Would/Could you ever call for Kenny's head??
      Reply #92: Mar 19, 2011 11:35:21 pm
      Kenny is man enough and legendary enough to know when the job is beyond him. He cares too much for us to stick around and claim a pay check that isn't warranted.

Spot on. There is no way that Dalglish will let the club get to the stage under his management where fans are needing to call for his head - before things get that serious, he will step aside. I can understand the creation of this topic but for me it is at the wrong time and i don't think it will ever be necessary to call for Dalglish's head. The guy isn't stupid! And we owe him a lot more than calling for his head, it's easy saying somebody did with Rafa and Hodgson but they are nowhere near on the same level of legendary status at Anfield as Dalglish is.
      KennyIsKing
      • Banned

• 4,628 posts | 129 
      Reply #93: Mar 19, 2011 11:36:16 pm
      The thing is, points wise, we are still a lot closer to the bottom than the top...

IMO he needs to employ an attacking coach that is as good as clarke, the defensive coach, and obviously a few new players - LB, CB, CM, WR, WL.
      So IMO we need at least 5 more good players.

It's a big ask not only to get the right players, but also to integrate them into the team - but KK can tell them the ethos, the vision, the history and philosophy, and also he can point to his pictures on the name of just about every cup and say: "aye, that was me..."

And if that's not enough to command respect, then they can F**k off.

I might be clutching at non-euro straws, but seriously, how are we expected to attract the best players if we don't have european football?

We can trade on our name, and our managers name, but only for so long - the team/squad need quite a bit of investment...
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #94: Mar 19, 2011 11:45:12 pm
      The thing is, points wise, we are still a lot closer to the bottom than the top...

IMO he needs to employ an attacking coach that is as good as clarke, the defensive coach, and obviously a few new players - LB, CB, CM, WR, WL.
      So IMO we need at least 5 more good players.

It's a big ask not only to get the right players, but also to integrate them into the team - but KK can tell them the ethos, the vision, the history and philosophy, and also he can point to his pictures on the name of just about every cup and say: "aye, that was me..."

And if that's not enough to command respect, then they can F**k off.

I might be clutching at non-euro straws, but seriously, how are we expected to attract the best players if we don't have european football?

We can trade on our name, and our managers name, but only for so long - the team/squad need quite a bit of investment...

This!

Some sort of European football is needed next season for us to be able to attract the best players in the world. Eden Hazard for example: Lille are top of their league and will therefore play Champions League football next season i they remain in that position and he won't look at us twice because we won't be in Europe. Then we will have to wait another season or at least until January to see if Lille are still in Europe.

Gone off topic there so apologies for that.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,256 posts | 4933 
      Reply #95: Mar 19, 2011 11:52:22 pm
      This!

Some sort of European football is needed next season for us to be able to attract the best players in the world. Eden Hazard for example: Lille are top of their league and will therefore play Champions League football next season I they remain in that position and he won't look at us twice because we won't be in Europe. Then we will have to wait another season or at least until January to see if Lille are still in Europe.

Not sure I agree as I would imagine most players would like to have the opportunity to play for a club such as ours rather than a few games in the group stages with clubs such as Lille.
      KennyIsKing
      • Banned

• 4,628 posts | 129 
      Reply #96: Mar 19, 2011 11:55:44 pm
      Not sure I agree as I would imagine most players would like to have the opportunity to play for a club such as ours rather than a few games in the group stages with clubs such as Lille.

In an ideal world, that would happen.

But we don't live in an ideal world...
      lfc_ynwa
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,109 posts | 233 
      • In Kenny we trust. YNWA. Tits!!
      Reply #97: Mar 19, 2011 11:56:19 pm

I don't think so. Even if Hazard did want to leave clubs like Arsenal, Madrid will be after him. He will join them over us IMO. Until we get champions league football we will struggle to attract world class players unless we pay stupid wages like City do.
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #98: Mar 20, 2011 12:02:20 am
      I don't think so. Even if Hazard did want to leave clubs like Arsenal, Madrid will be after him. He will join them over us IMO. Until we get champions league football we will struggle to attract world class players unless we pay stupid wages like City do.

Even though i forgot to mention it about other clubs and wages, that is what i was also trying to say and to follow in City's foot steps and offer huge wages like they have done with Balotelli and Yaya Toure would really piss me off as the chances are they won't have any heart or desire to get 3 points week in week out. 
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,256 posts | 4933 
      Reply #99: Mar 20, 2011 12:06:17 am

Hazard is only one example but there will be quality players for sale in the summer who will be keen to sign for us.
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,611 posts | 3844 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #100: Mar 20, 2011 12:06:55 am
      A resounding NO from me - he might F**k up, and he shouldn't be immune from criticism, but he's done pretty well so far.

IF nesv decide not to renew his contract, that's not being sacked, and I firmly believe there should always be a place for him at the club.

IF, he thought someone else could do better, I am sure that he would step down of his own accord - he wants what's best for the club, not himself, unlike that red nosed tw*t down the road.
      At 60 years of age, how long is he supposed to have to learn the european game? You can't have it both ways...

If, as all you diehard KK for manager fans say, he hasn't been out of the game, and has watched and learned and coached - howcome he went the long ball route? Not just in that game either...

My opinion is that as much as I love KK, I don't think he can cut it anymore - he's been away too long.

Did you wake up a different person or just less angry than yesterday?
      KennyIsKing
      • Banned

• 4,628 posts | 129 
      Reply #101: Mar 20, 2011 12:12:36 am

Bit of both ;)

I think he needs another coach to compliment Clarke, and a few new players - then see how he does.

Hope he does well - he's one of my heroes, if you can have such a thing at 43.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,009 posts | 3953 
      Reply #102: Mar 20, 2011 12:15:50 am

Credit where it's due he's recovering well from the lobotomy.
      KennyIsKing
      • Banned

• 4,628 posts | 129 
      Reply #103: Mar 20, 2011 12:16:46 am
      Credit where it's due he's recovering well from the lobotomy.

You should know - we shared the same surgeon

;)
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,009 posts | 3953 
      Reply #104: Mar 20, 2011 12:20:05 am
      You should know - we shared the same surgeon

;)
      I'm not the one with a completely different mindset overnight.
      KennyIsKing
      • Banned

• 4,628 posts | 129 
      Reply #105: Mar 20, 2011 12:21:03 am
      I'm not the one with a completely different mindset overnight.

All that means is that the operation was a success  ;)
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,611 posts | 3844 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #106: Mar 20, 2011 12:25:53 am
      I was wondering why you never answered to my reply to that post. Seriously you log on after the dirge of last night and now your backing Kenny? What happened? Is it a Batman - Bruce Wayne complex and which are you now? ;)
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,009 posts | 3953 
      Reply #107: Mar 20, 2011 12:27:00 am
      All that means is that the operation was a success  ;)
      Debatable but Jack Nicholson isn't a fan of the procedure.
      RedRoy
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,483 posts | 88 
      Reply #108: Mar 20, 2011 01:03:33 am
      Once again,another sh*te topic.We are Liverpool Football Club,the Manager's performance,will be judged at the end of the season,not before,so no,I will not be calling for Kenny,s head,but then,we must be ruthless,our squad is sh*te.
      berrypool
      • Forum Kevin Keegan

• 328 posts |
      • L.A. for LFC
      Reply #109: Mar 20, 2011 07:10:06 am
      This is the stupidest topic ever.  He can have 50 years as far as i'm concerned.
      MaxC
      • Forum Roger Hunt

• 504 posts | 15 
      Reply #110: Mar 20, 2011 07:41:31 am
      This is the stupidest topic ever.  He can have 50 years as far as I'm concerned.
      What if we get relegated? ;D
      bigmick
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,078 posts | 2767 
      Reply #111: Mar 20, 2011 09:57:07 am
       No. Like any manager he deserves a fair crack. No manager in the World would get our squad into a title challenging position, because it isn't good enough. A fair crack is transfer backing then at least two seasons to see if it's all going well.

The only manager who I personally would accept Kenny voluntarily standing aside for/working alongside would be Mourinho. He's the best there is so naturally I'd be up for that if Kenny was, but anyone else would be a step down from the king.
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,974 posts | 3058 
      Reply #112: Mar 20, 2011 10:03:54 am

Without him - we might have found out!

No I couldn't & No I don't believe it'd come to that
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,455 posts | 4584 
      Reply #113: Mar 20, 2011 10:06:25 am
      No. Like any manager he deserves a fair crack. No manager in the World would get our squad into a title challenging position, because it isn't good enough. A fair crack is transfer backing then at least two seasons to see if it's all going well.

The only manager who I personally would accept Kenny voluntarily standing aside for/working alongside would be Mourinho. He's the best there is so naturally I'd be up for that if Kenny was, but anyone else would be a step down from the king.

Sorry mick but no way would the majority accept maureen as our manager,the guy is only intrested in himself and having an owner with an open chq book,he had the oppurtunity to manage us after leading porto to the champions leauge but changed his mind when roman abromavich came knocking with money,he did the same at inter and at now at real.

RedLFCBlood
      Reply #114: Mar 20, 2011 10:08:11 am
      Sorry mick but no way would the majority accept maureen as our manager,the guy is only intrested in himself and having an owner with an open chq book,he had the oppurtunity to manage us after leading porto to the champions leauge but changed his mind when roman abromavich came knocking with money,he did the same at inter and at now at real.

I wouldn't want him fro the simple reason that he wants to Manage United when Slur Alex retires.

Quick Reply