Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P29 W11 D6 L12

Johnson signs Reds extension

Read 6184 times
      -LFC-
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,219 posts | 1221 
      Re: Johnson signs Reds extension
      Reply #23: Jul 06, 2011 11:11:23 pm
      Yeah, I noticed his calf muscles in one of the pics, they are huge!
      Purple Ak
      Billy1
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,638 posts | 1966 
      Reply #24: Jul 06, 2011 11:50:29 pm
      That's the key int'it Racer, under woy he looked shambolic defensively. Oh the irony.
      I don't think he wanted to be at Anfield under Woy,so it is all credit to Kenny for getting him back in the right frame of mind.
      Del Boca Vista
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,006 posts | 208 
      • do do do
      Reply #25: Jul 07, 2011 02:17:07 am
      4 goals 6 assists next season! get in Johnson
      RedScouseLaz
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 753 posts | 40 
      • du du du du du du, du du du du du du
      Reply #26: Jul 07, 2011 09:02:44 am
      Still a few questions asked of his defending at times for me although deputised at left-back very well last season so fair play to the lad. Love see'ing him bomb forward though. Very versatile and has plenty left in the locker. Well in Glen mate!
      HoyaRed
      • Forum Alan Hansen

• 629 posts | 26 
      • YNWA
      Reply #27: Jul 07, 2011 09:09:12 am
      Great news. Johnson, Adam, It's all happening.  :scarf:
      Bpatel
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,902 posts | 158 
      Reply #28: Jul 07, 2011 10:19:54 am
      bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Reply #29: Jul 07, 2011 10:51:03 am
      I've made no secret of being a fan of Glen's so s'all good for me.  :nod:
      bigmick
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,078 posts | 2767 
      Reply #30: Jul 07, 2011 11:31:44 am
       I really like this lad. I was happy when Rafa bought him and I'm happy now that he's signed a new contract. So far he's been occasionally brilliant, usually pretty good and sometimes f***ing terrible. My guess is he's about to step it up and become the beast of a player you can see is in him. If he ever gets to the bottom of his talent, he could IMHO be potentially one of the best and most destructive right-backs in world football (big statement I know).
      robbieisgod23/9
      Reply #31: Jul 09, 2011 01:47:22 pm
      I really like this lad. I was happy when Rafa bought him and I'm happy now that he's signed a new contract. So far he's been occasionally brilliant, usually pretty good and sometimes f***ing terrible. My guess is he's about to step it up and become the beast of a player you can see is in him. If he ever gets to the bottom of his talent, he could IMHO be potentially one of the best and most destructive right-backs in world football (big statement I know).

its a big statement mick but he has everything he would need to be just that.. technically he has the lot, its between the ears at times he gets caught out.. since kenny and steve have been here they seem to have got in his head and got him doing the simple things well.. add that to his all round talent and id agree he could be up there as one of the best..

The added competition from flanno and kelly will keep him on his toes as well
      Everton Dan
      • Forum Jari Litmanen

• 49 posts |
      Reply #32: Jul 15, 2011 03:26:42 pm
      It speaks volumes for England saying that this lad is the country's best right back and half of you lot are talking about dropping him for one of your youngsters.
      corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #33: Jul 15, 2011 03:56:57 pm
      I wouldnt drop him for anyone in england
      AZPatriot
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,944 posts | 1759 
      Reply #34: Jul 15, 2011 06:43:38 pm
      It speaks volumes for England saying that this lad is the country's best right back and half of you lot are talking about dropping him for one of your youngsters.

Speaks even more volumes the fact that most of our youngsters would make your first team and probably lift your club off of the mid-table it has been sitting at for decades.
      JFT96_LFC
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 619 posts |
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #35: Jul 15, 2011 06:54:45 pm
      I rate Johnson very highly going forward and playing as a right winger he is most effective as his delivery into the box is most of the time second to none. This will be ideal with having big Carroll in the box. Downing crossing from the left and Johnson crossing from the right. However, with the competition in midfield it is unlikely he will get played there and I'm sure Kenny will have his plans for him a right back. Therefore he will need to improve his defending because Martin Kelly for me still is a better defender and I feel more confident when he is at the back. I hope Glen proves me wrong mind. Also with Flanagan, Coady, and Robinson in competition for places will be a headache for the King which is great. Been ages since we have had a variety of quality young full backs aswell as experience in Johnson and Kelly.
      Reslivo
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,490 posts | 521 
      Reply #36: Jul 15, 2011 07:03:28 pm

Country's best established right-back, Mr. Everton Dan.

There's a significant difference.
      Everton Dan
      • Forum Jari Litmanen

• 49 posts |
      Reply #37: Jul 15, 2011 09:54:34 pm
      Country's best established right-back, Mr. Everton Dan.

There's a significant difference.

Glen is a bit weak defensively. He hardly fill you with confidence is a half decent winger ran at him. Anyway, sod it England bore the sh|t out of me any. Not sure about you lot but I put club before country every time.

ALSO
      Speaks even more volumes the fact that most of our youngsters would make your first team and probably lift your club off of the mid-table it has been sitting at for decades.

I doubt we spent the last decade in the mid-table zone. Then again what do you know; you're a yank  :rasp:
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,235 posts | 8573 
      Reply #38: Jul 16, 2011 02:02:53 pm
      Glen is a bit weak defensively. He hardly fill you with confidence is a half decent winger ran at him. Anyway, sod it England bore the sh|t out of me any. Not sure about you lot but I put club before country every time.

ALSO
      I doubt we spent the last decade in the mid-table zone. Then again what do you know; you're a yank  :rasp:

Well you weren't in the top four were you soft arse.

One F***ing season finishing fourth does not a decade make!

And no-one gives a sh*t because of one of the best European Cup finals of all time.

Now remind us of Everton in the nineties - relegation fodder for most of it!!

Quick Reply