Trending Topics

Next match: Fulham v LFC [Premier League] Sun 21st Apr @ 4:30 pm
      Craven Cottage

Today is the 20th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P31 W17 D7 L7

Stewart Downing (Aston Villa)

Read 166861 times
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,332 posts | 2832 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Re: Stewart Downing (Aston Villa)
      Reply #1702: Jul 15, 2011 02:58:22 pm
      Let's not forget some of his best games in what was his best season so far(the last one) were playing on the right, cutting inside...
      Everton Dan
      • Forum Jari Litmanen

• 49 posts |
      Reply #1703: Jul 15, 2011 03:45:27 pm
      £20mil? he's a decent player but f*ck me!!! John W Henry really doesn't know anything about football otherwise he wouldn't be blindly throwing his cash about.
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #1704: Jul 15, 2011 03:51:17 pm
      A player is worth what the selling club want for that particular player at the end of the day. He was by far one of the best wide players last season. Just like Lescott is nowhere near worth £24m, Carroll £35m (not that i'm complaining), Torres £50m, Anderson £18m etc.
      fraggle786
      • Forum John Toshack

• 271 posts | 15 
      Reply #1705: Jul 15, 2011 03:51:29 pm
      £20mil? he's a decent player but f*ck me!!! John W Henry really doesn't know anything about football otherwise he wouldn't be blindly throwing his cash about.

For a start I think your in the wrong forum but then again you haven't really got a lot to talk about on yours have you???? :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #1706: Jul 15, 2011 03:53:23 pm
      For a start I think your in the wrong forum but then again you haven't really got a lot to talk about on yours have you???? :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

:lmao:

He just wants to know what it's like for fans supporting a club that has the backing of its owners.
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #1707: Jul 15, 2011 04:01:17 pm

I know, how we long for Bill Kenwright to come in and save us from this spending of money on players we need in key areas.  :f_wah: :f_wah: :f_wah:

John Henry seems to know enough about football that he knows he has to back his manager if he wants to succeed.
      paulrobbo
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,875 posts | 106 
      • We are the Mods!
      Reply #1708: Jul 15, 2011 05:03:45 pm
      Seems to be taking a while for this medical! has kenny got to sign off the transfer? maybe thats the delay?
      Arkwright, I mean Kenwright will sell to foreign investors before long and they will change their attitude towards fees.

The medical is complete and personal terms are agree. Just need all the relevant paperwork. Kenny has flown back to complete it and to attend his daughter's wedding.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #1709: Jul 15, 2011 05:38:06 pm
      Thats a bit rich from a bluenose.
      its nice to have some cash to splash and if Kenny is happy then thats all that matters.
      Pal318is
      • Forum Youth Player

• 16 posts |
      Reply #1710: Jul 15, 2011 05:38:33 pm

;D have a word someone...
      AZPatriot

• 9,944 posts | 1759 
      Reply #1711: Jul 15, 2011 05:44:04 pm

We could sell you Poulsen, probably be the best player on your pitch, his price might be a bit over your budget but I am sure we could work something out.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,001 posts | 3952 
      Reply #1712: Jul 15, 2011 05:56:56 pm
      You are not qualified to talk about the value of good players because neither you or the team you support know their worth, the only thing Everton know what to do with a good player is sell him off, as do most mid table clubs.
      red_squirrel
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,131 posts | 15 
      Reply #1713: Jul 15, 2011 06:09:43 pm

Do we know if 20M is factually correct?  And as for slagging off John Henry, I think you'll find it is not him alone making the signings.

I think your team have a lot more to worry about than us apparently overspending.
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #1714: Jul 15, 2011 06:15:38 pm

It's Everton time!
      Red5man

• 9,616 posts | 76 
      Reply #1715: Jul 15, 2011 06:19:11 pm
      When's the last time Everton even bought a player?  :lmao:
      Red Barrovian
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,356 posts | 77 
      Reply #1716: Jul 15, 2011 06:20:38 pm
      When's the last time Everton even bought a player?  :lmao:

http://www.evertontime.com

They also seem to think they've won the league more recently than us, which is quite amusing.
      rosscoveney
      • Forum Ronnie Moran

• 404 posts | -4 
      Reply #1717: Jul 15, 2011 06:21:46 pm
      When's the last time Everton even bought a player?  :lmao:

:lmao:
      Adryan
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,704 posts | 378 
      • Cut my veins open and I bleed Liverpool Red.
      Reply #1718: Jul 15, 2011 06:24:17 pm
      Wow, imagine Stewart signing in the next few days.

Henderson, Adam, Doni and Downing in about a month!
      jindaldhruv
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,805 posts | 24 
      • Football is my religion. Steven Gerrard is my God.
      Reply #1719: Jul 15, 2011 06:46:52 pm
      Stop the debate about being over-price. Maybe he is, maybe he is not. We have money to spend, just F**k it and spend it. :P

I have no problems with this signing, a very good one if you ask me.
      Baustinsali08
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,514 posts | 29 
      Reply #1720: Jul 15, 2011 06:49:22 pm
      To me over-paying for a player means that we are going after targets that clubs weren't willing to sell. I would much rather go after the right players then try and find a good piece in the bargain bin. Downing, Carroll, and Henderson were not for sale before we got involved, but we wanted them badly enough and we paid over the top to insure we got them.
      trebor12
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,034 posts | 69 
      Reply #1721: Jul 15, 2011 06:53:15 pm
      Ok Downing, Henderson, Adam and Doni all in. Konchesky only one out so far. So whos next on the list ? I think there will be be alot going out before anyone else comes in. We will have spent about 42 million in a month by the time Downing signs, so i think its about time we brought some money in with sales. I,m hoping we spend around 80 million in the summer as a whole, with 20 - 25 million of that in sales.
      jindaldhruv
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,805 posts | 24 
      • Football is my religion. Steven Gerrard is my God.
      Reply #1722: Jul 15, 2011 06:53:45 pm
      To me over-paying for a player means that we are going after targets that clubs weren't willing to sell. I would much rather go after the right players then try and find a good piece in the bargain bin. Downing, Carroll, and Henderson were not for sale before we got involved, but we wanted them badly enough and we paid over the top to insure we got them.

Your point? If we WANT them, then spending a bit more doesn't matter does it? I mean its like, when you've got it, flaunt it. Same with money. :P
      rosscoveney
      • Forum Ronnie Moran

• 404 posts | -4 
      Reply #1723: Jul 15, 2011 06:54:33 pm
      As I have said before I would rather over-pay for players like Henderson, Downing e.t.c than not spend at all or sign frees like degen or voronin as we did under the cancers.
      bigears

• 6,125 posts | 287 
      • My bird looks great in red
      Reply #1724: Jul 15, 2011 06:55:33 pm
      Dan you"re a closet red ,come on admit it ,we"ll welcome you with open arms ;D

Quick Reply