Trending Topics

Next match: Fulham v LFC [Premier League] Sun 21st Apr @ 4:30 pm
      Craven Cottage

Today is the 19th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P32 W19 D8 L5

Mark Van Bommel (Bayern Munich)

Read 13107 times
      Benito
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,924 posts | 283 
      Re: Mark Van Bommel (Bayern Munich)
      Reply #23: Jan 17, 2011 07:58:08 pm
      I serously hope this is all some Journo tosh. Bommels a dirty blighter and 32... Signings like this are a bad bad move and just stop gap is not what we need right now, we´re screwed this season we need to look at the next and see what will help the team in the long term.
      Passportboy
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,608 posts | 109 
      • Yippeeeee
      Reply #24: Jan 17, 2011 08:04:38 pm
      I still rate Ireland, he may or may not have an ego but before the big money came in he was great at City. With regards to MvB still think he is too old...

What about taking Sergio Busquets? If he is as unhappy at Barca since Masch arrived why not get him?
      « Last Edit: Jan 17, 2011 08:10:10 pm by Passportboy »
      corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #25: Jan 17, 2011 08:08:12 pm
      He had one good season passer, a bit like Bentley at Blackburn and let it go to his head
      bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Reply #26: Jan 17, 2011 08:08:38 pm

Brilliant Beni. ... :clap:
      Passportboy
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,608 posts | 109 
      • Yippeeeee
      Reply #27: Jan 17, 2011 08:14:26 pm
      He had one good season passer, a bit like Bentley at Blackburn and let it go to his head

True, he did have 1 good season... However that's one more than half of our midfield players!

He is on the bench at Villa, we could sign him for next to nothing (we all know Houllier loves us and would let us take him on the cheap) if it dosent work out get shot.

With where we are any player with a bit of class / drive could help us out no end!
      Pepe Reina
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,480 posts | 14 
      Reply #28: Jan 17, 2011 08:22:36 pm
      I'd actually take him. At the moment we've got too many fannies in the team. Having a real hard man in the side wouldn't do us harm, despite his age.
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #29: Jan 17, 2011 09:17:35 pm
      Would be a class short term signing in the way Gary McAllister was hopefully (although how can you beat him?!).
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,595 posts | 3839 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #30: Jan 17, 2011 09:20:40 pm
      If he was cheap he would add some much needed steel behind Lucas/ Raul and Stevie
      corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #31: Jan 17, 2011 09:33:04 pm
      Finding hard to contrate on your posts racer with your pic :)
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,595 posts | 3839 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #32: Jan 17, 2011 09:42:35 pm
      Dont go into the hot woman thread so. You might find it hard to focus on anything else in this forum ;)
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #33: Jan 18, 2011 01:46:30 am
      Finding hard to contrate on your posts racer with your pic :)

Not the only thing you're finding hard!

I'm sorry that was out of line.
      bigvYNWA
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,795 posts | 994 
      Reply #34: Jan 18, 2011 01:52:53 am
      What the F**k is this dirty player sh*te? Every one of you saying dirty player would be frothing at the mouth for Suarez would you not?

I would prefer not to sign this guy simply for his age, but he's a player i admire when i watch him. Certainly a class player who has some toughness to him, something our team seems to lack in lately. Just aint the kinda player we really need at the moment, plenty of the holding/defensive midfield types about already.

Though if we can do a swap deal with Poulsen....
      StevieG-force
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,526 posts | 12 
      • Name:Richard-Age:21-Nationality:Welsh
      Reply #35: Jan 18, 2011 02:50:56 am
      Though if we can do a swap deal with Poulsen....

:laugh: I'm very open to swapping any player in exchange for Poulsen to be honest!

In all seriousness this isn't the type of transfer we should be looking for as it's been stated, we're supposed to be going through a rebuilding period or a transitional period as some call it, the time has passed where we would've been looking to add veteran players to our squad, bringing in a 33 (34 in April) year old Dutchman captaining Bayern in the Bundesliga doesn't seem like a sound investment to me, would only prove to stump the likes of Spearing coming through.

We signed enough players close to or around the 30 mark in the summer, we certainly need to come to terms with just how old our squad is!

Just a reminder Carragher soon to be 33, Aurelio 31, Kyrgiakos 31, Poulsen 30, Gerrard 30, Dirk 30, Jovanovic almost 30,Maxi 30, Konchesky 29, Cole 29.

Still a decent player in what he does however.
      RedHon
      • Forum Jason McAteer

• 143 posts |
      Reply #36: Jan 18, 2011 03:08:52 am
      :laugh: I'm very open to swapping any player in exchange for Poulsen to be honest!

In all seriousness this isn't the type of transfer we should be looking for as it's been stated, we're supposed to be going through a rebuilding period or a transitional period as some call it, the time has passed where we would've been looking to add veteran players to our squad, bringing in a 33 (34 in April) year old Dutchman captaining Bayern in the Bundesliga doesn't seem like a sound investment to me, would only prove to stump the likes of Spearing coming through.

We signed enough players close to or around the 30 mark in the summer, we certainly need to come to terms with just how old our squad is!

Just a reminder Carragher soon to be 33, Aurelio 31, Kyrgiakos 31, Poulsen 30, Gerrard 30, Dirk 30, Jovanovic almost 30,Maxi 30, Konchesky 29, Cole 29.

Still a decent player in what he does however.
      Agree with you totally although there maybe a need to make exceptions occasionally. As of now, the av. age of the squad is already in around 28. Our youth players are coming up quite well and we're already seeing the potential in some of them. I don't think they're looking at the older players.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #37: Jan 18, 2011 03:48:14 am
      I like him. Very good player. If it's a stop gap kind of thing, i'd go for it but depends how much wages he wants.

Holds a midfield together, really gets a team fighting.
      bigvYNWA
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,795 posts | 994 
      Reply #38: Jan 18, 2011 04:02:01 am
      Holds a midfield together, really gets a team fighting.

Or he just does the fighting for the team :D

Either way, agreed though. We are rebuilding, and as great as it would be - not every great player available to sign will be a 23 year old with an eye to the future. If we can get him for good money, on reasonable wages, and get 2 solid years out of him - good business.
      kevinho
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,698 posts | 78 
      • YNWA
      Reply #39: Jan 18, 2011 04:15:02 am
      I wrote this off when I first read it, but thinking about it, he would be a good signing. If we played 4-2-3-1 or 4-3-3 he would slot right in to the defensive shield spot, freeing up Lucas or Meireles more.
      Shemy
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 591 posts |
      Reply #40: Jan 18, 2011 04:28:39 am
      this transfer would make no sense
      grewalge
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,087 posts | 82 
      Reply #41: Jan 18, 2011 04:46:16 am
      FSG would never support this, considering we already have lucas whos improving by the day
      trebor12
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,034 posts | 69 
      Reply #42: Jan 18, 2011 09:40:45 am
      I,,m open to taking van bommel if Poulson goes the other way. I agree it would be like a macalister signing, loys of experience and a tough takler, which is somthing we need. If we can get Poulson, Jova and J Cole off the wage bill then van bommels wage demands would not be a problem.
      Ross
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,916 posts | 165 
      Reply #43: Jan 18, 2011 09:53:42 am
      Van Bommel is quality and he would be a quality addition to the squad for a suitable price.

Or just swap the likes of Konchesky/Poulsen.
      LFC Viking
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,112 posts | 38 
      • LFC: Europe's finest 5 star establishment
      Reply #44: Jan 18, 2011 11:14:25 am
      We need someone tough like van Bommel, I think it would be a good move if he doesn't want ridiculous wages or we offload someone like Jova.
      TonioLerouge
      • Forum Legend - Benitez
      • Started Topic

• 1,170 posts | 59 
      Reply #45: Jan 18, 2011 11:16:16 am
      Or just swap the likes of Konchesky/Poulsen.

Why would Bayern want them ?

Quick Reply