Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

Stevie G wants KK to stay beyond this season!

Read 6547 times
      s@int
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,987 posts | 2282 
      Re: Stevie G wants KK to stay beyond this season!
      Reply #23: Jan 19, 2011 11:49:03 am
      My feelings on the issue are simple, I doubt very much that kenny will be considered for the job long term because if it was to be the case why have nesv waiting to appoint him full time in the summer when they can give him the job now?

As for gerrard and even carra I dont think the will be in a title winning side for liverpool.

Hopefully thay are just a little concerned how he will handle the pressure and the job after so long out of the hot seat. I think its in Kenny's own hands, if he does a good job he should without question get the job perminantly. I just hope they give him every assistance by allowing him to bring in a few players NOW.  
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,529 posts | 6887 
      Reply #24: Jan 19, 2011 11:59:01 am
      My feelings on the issue are simple, I doubt very much that kenny will be considered for the job long term because if it was to be the case why have nesv waiting to appoint him full time in the summer when they can give him the job now?

As for gerrard and even carra I dont think the will be in a title winning side for liverpool.

Agree with your second point.  Fundamental that a new manager can break free of the shackles of Gerrard and Carra because sadly they do not represent the long term future of Liverpool.  Both of them are past their best, although in Gerrard's case he is still far better than many midfielders in the Premier League (but for how long).

As for your first point, difficult to call.  I can see the logic in the caretaker role.  It was clear that Roy Hodgson was taking the team backwards, not acting himself in the Liverpool way and certainly taking the football a million miles away from the Liverpool way.

They took decisive action, but it's right that they consider their next move. 
      s@int
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,987 posts | 2282 
      Reply #25: Jan 19, 2011 12:05:51 pm
      Agree with your second point.  Fundamental that a new manager can break free of the shackles of Gerrard and Carra because sadly they do not represent the long term future of Liverpool.  Both of them are past their best, although in Gerrard's case he is still far better than many midfielders in the Premier League (but for how long).

As for your first point, difficult to call.  I can see the logic in the caretaker role.  It was clear that Roy Hodgson was taking the team backwards, not acting himself in the Liverpool way and certainly taking the football a million miles away from the Liverpool way.

They took decisive action, but it's right that they consider their next move. 

I don't think Gerrard sees things that way mate :-

Liverpool captain Steven Gerrard has set himself the target of playing for another five years.

The England midfielder, 31 in May, admits he has been lifted by Kenny Dalglish's return as manager in the last fortnight.

And he wants to carry on playing for as long as possible, although he has considered taking his coaching badges like team-mate Jamie Carragher.

"It's not my main priority or focus at the moment, I still think that's a long way off," he told LFC Weekly.

"I believe I can play football for another four or five years but I do sometimes think about what I'm going to do when I finish playing.

"I would like to stay involved in some capacity, whether that's on the media side or in the dugout we'll have to wait and see.

"I will certainly try to get my coaching qualifications at some point."

I bloody hope he does get a League title if he's going to be with us for the next five years anyway!

shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,420 posts | 4581 
      Reply #26: Jan 19, 2011 12:44:27 pm
      I don't think Gerrard sees things that way mate :-

I bloody hope he does get a League title if he's going to be with us for the next five years anyway!

I dont see john henry and co giving handouts for 5 more years when it goes against the model of what they want to achieve which is to blood young tslented players who can make their mark on the team and flourish over the years.

Manure had their golden generation and made the most of it we had ours under evans and now we have another generation hopefully ready to fill theirs and the clubs potential next year.
      bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Reply #27: Jan 19, 2011 12:49:09 pm
      I dont see john henry and co giving handouts for 5 more years when it goes against the model of what they want to achieve which is to blood young tslented players who can make their mark on the team and flourish over the years.

Stevie's way too good and too iconic to be stood aside for the sake of a few quid tho'. ...and they know it.
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,420 posts | 4581 
      Reply #28: Jan 19, 2011 12:55:27 pm
      Stevie's way too good and too iconic to be stood aside for the sake of a few quid tho'. ...and they know it.

we have had past iconic players that were moved on or moved on and so have the top 4 pl teams. Arsenal a model which nesv like have had several big names as have manure moved on for the better of the team even though the results in the short term will suffer.
      little-Luis:)
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 7,844 posts | 179 
      Reply #29: Jan 19, 2011 04:30:54 pm
      Stevie would see him in training everyday, so he must see the difference in the team. If Stevie thinks he deserves it and results and perfomances go Kenny's way, then why not.
      HampshireRed
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 702 posts |
      • If I'm not back in 15 minutes.....wait longer
      Reply #30: Jan 19, 2011 04:42:21 pm
      If Kenny feels he has earned the right to be considered I will be delighted. The same goes for the players. If you want him to stay earn the right to wear the shirt for him.
      red trooper
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,834 posts | 67 
      • and don't be afraid of the dark
      Reply #31: Jan 19, 2011 05:15:09 pm
      Nice to see the captain come out and make this statement backing Kenny ,I'd like to see the rest of the team do exactly the same and give 100% effort to Kenny , nicely done Stevie !
      bigears

• 6,125 posts | 287 
      • My bird looks great in red
      Reply #32: Jan 20, 2011 12:16:45 am
      Stevie will not leave, Kenny will be kept on after we win the europa cup final in dublin and next season we will make proper title contenders for epl .thats all folks.
      skolRED
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,132 posts | 256 
      Reply #33: Jan 20, 2011 09:27:44 am
      It's good SG come out and speak that way for King Kenny, at least it's positive one.
      If SG can play with his best and not much injure (as we saw in 2008/2009) plus his fully positive mentality to work with the King then I believe we can say happy for football side (I mean how our team success or fail from now on still much depend on the owner's or management side).

And I too hopefully the team and Kenny can improve the situation, at least finish in top seven that's might help us to see the King as a boss in next season, and then if the owner can't do what ManCity's owner can then isn't it better to build our team under our great King Kenny.

Jpm3
      • Forum Dean Saunders

• 68 posts |
      Reply #34: Jan 21, 2011 12:12:04 am
      I agree completely. Kenny is the best man for the job. YNWA
      LFC Viking
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,112 posts | 38 
      • LFC: Europe's finest 5 star establishment
      Reply #35: Jan 21, 2011 01:15:21 pm
      My feelings on the issue are simple, i doubt very much that kenny will be considered for the job long term because if it was to be the case why have nesv waiting to appoint him full time in the summer when they can give him the job now?

If they just appoint him as career for now though they can see how he does and see if they think it'll work for them and the club for the long term.

Wasn't the guy at Blackburn appointed caretaker, but now he's been given a 2-3 year contract?
      wallbanger
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,181 posts |
      Reply #36: Jan 21, 2011 07:16:32 pm
      stevie always says positive things but the players should step up to the plate with above average performances. i see real passion and desire from lower league teams we have played. and those guys get paid peanuts compared to our stars. its up to stevie to inspire them 
      AZPatriot

• 9,944 posts | 1759 
      Reply #37: Jan 21, 2011 07:25:46 pm
      I think all this bodes well for KD, with the respect of the club and the adoration of the fanbase I think FSG will do a double take before they replace him. Quite honesty if they do replace him it's going to have to be a younger manager who has a bigger name then KD or the shitestorm it would create would be immense and I think TW/JH know that already.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #38: Jan 21, 2011 07:27:14 pm
      Sentiment apart it just feel the right move to appoint him now we are more untied than we have been for a long time.
      AZPatriot

• 9,944 posts | 1759 
      Reply #39: Jan 21, 2011 07:48:41 pm
      Walton some of it might be holding back some PR also...I mean they got a tremendous bounce from his recent appointment, as bad as it may sound even if is there intention to go a 2-3 year contract with him, they might wait with the news for when they need it.

Very political doing it that way, but from a business standpoint it does make sense to hold onto some cards for a rainy day.

Quick Reply