Trending Topics

Next match: Fulham v LFC [Premier League] Sun 21st Apr @ 4:30 pm
      Craven Cottage

Today is the 19th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P32 W19 D8 L5

Paul Konchesky (Fulham/Notts Forest)

Read 11027 times
      *LFC 4EVA*
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes
      • Started Topic

• 805 posts |
      • *LFC 4LIFE*
      Paul Konchesky (Fulham/Notts Forest)
      Jan 20, 2011 02:03:07 am
      Konchesky back to Fulham
      20 Jan 2011 - 01:35:10
      Liverpool RSS news feed

Liverpool ready to hand full back Konchesky back to Fulham

U-turn: Paul Konchesky could make a sensational return to Craven Cottage after a troubled time at Liverpool Paul Konchesky could rejoin Fulham on loan as Liverpool explore ways of offloading the unpopular full back.

Fulham have concerns over the form of Mexican Carlos Salcido and are interested in taking Konchesky back just four-and-a-half months after he moved to Anfield for £4million. A return to his old club is the 29-year-old's only option in the Barclays Premier League because he made one appearance for Fulham in August before joining Liverpool, and the rules state that players cannot represent three top-flight teams in the same season.

However, he would be eligible to leave for a Championship club on an emergency loan once the transfer window closes at the end of this month. Konchesky has struggled to settle on Merseyside and has come under fire from Liverpool fans over his performances.

Another summer signing struggling to make an impact is Joe Cole, who last night played 45 minutes for Liverpool's reserves in a 1-0 win over Manchester City in the quarter-final of the Lancashire Senior Cup.
      Fulham captain Danny Murphy, meanwhile, looks set to agree a new one-year deal.  Wigan 1 Fulham 1: Johnson's late strike earns Cottagers a vital point Fulham set to complete loan deal for Manchester City's Wright-Phillips Liverpool ramp up bid to land Luis Suarez as John Henry holds talks with striker's agenLiverpool chairman Tom Werner vows to back Kenny Dalglish with transfer war chest.
      « Last Edit: Jan 31, 2011 10:31:53 am by JD »
      Shemy
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 591 posts |
      Re: Paul Konchesky (Fulham)
      Reply #1: Jan 20, 2011 02:06:26 am
      offloading him would make this a great transfer window
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #2: Jan 20, 2011 02:28:58 am
      Suarez in, Konchesky out.

Dream.
      bigvYNWA
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,795 posts | 994 
      Reply #3: Jan 20, 2011 02:47:50 am
      Suarez in, Konchesky out.

Wet dream.

There we go.
      Baustinsali08
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,514 posts | 29 
      Reply #4: Jan 20, 2011 03:08:28 am
      This would be the only way to get him off the team is if he goes back to Fulham. So I like this idea.
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #5: Jan 20, 2011 03:08:38 am
      There is no place for Paul in the Liverpool team for much longer. But I'd still wish him well, just sorry it was a complete disaster.

His mother can f**k off though. Yeah - if you're reading this Mummy Konchesky - F**k off you undoubted cockney piece of sh*t!

pragnorok
      • Forum David Johnson

• 222 posts |
      Reply #6: Jan 20, 2011 07:47:11 am
      There is no place for Paul in the Liverpool team for much longer. But I'd still wish him well, just sorry it was a complete disaster.

His mother can f**k off though. Yeah - if you're reading this Mummy Konchesky - F**k off you undoubted cockney piece of sh*t!

Agreed also could he not take Poulson with him?
      Passportboy
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,608 posts | 109 
      • Yippeeeee
      Reply #7: Jan 20, 2011 08:01:42 am
      Can he move again this season..? Im sure he has to stay until the summer due to the number of moves he has had - I know the article states that you can only represent 3 top flight clubs, but does this have any impact on moving back?
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,290 posts | 1514 
      Reply #8: Jan 20, 2011 08:42:43 am
      NO. I'll buy his train ticket !
      achilleas10
      • Forum Barry Venison

• 168 posts |
      • Born Red, Live Red, Die Red
      Reply #9: Jan 20, 2011 08:51:05 am
      Can he move again this season..? Im sure he has to stay until the summer due to the number of moves he has had - I know the article states that you can only represent 3 top flight clubs, but does this have any impact on moving back?

The only teams he could play this year is Fulham and Liverpool. He could go back to Fulham whenever he/we want, it's legal. No problem...
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,595 posts | 3839 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #10: Jan 20, 2011 08:52:53 am
      We sold Keane back to Spurs in the same season not so long ago folks
      Volle
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 770 posts |
      • Champions 2019/20
      Reply #11: Jan 20, 2011 08:54:31 am
      He can move back as Fulham isn't a 3rd club, would love to see him go back or at least out of Melwood and Shankly Gates.
      carheex
      • Banned

• 587 posts | -9 
      Reply #12: Jan 20, 2011 09:46:05 am
      Konchesky isn't the best player in the world but has he been any worse than the rest of the squad? From what I've seen of him he's done ok - no more no less, but doesn't deserve some of the comments people are making about him. I get the impression that he's being made a scapegoat just because he was one of RH's signings. Let's not forget, we haven't won a game since he's been out of the team.....
      bigvYNWA
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,795 posts | 994 
      Reply #13: Jan 20, 2011 09:49:37 am
      Konchesky isn't the best player in the world but has he been any worse than the rest of the squad? From what I've seen of him he's done ok - no more no less, but doesn't deserve some of the comments people are making about him. I get the impression that he's being made a scapegoat just because he was one of RH's signings. Let's not forget, we haven't won a game since he's been out of the team.....

:lmao:

achilleas10
      • Forum Barry Venison

• 168 posts |
      • Born Red, Live Red, Die Red
      Reply #14: Jan 20, 2011 09:51:42 am
      We sold Keane back to Spurs in the same season not so long ago folks

I think Keane didn't play any game with Spurs before we get him. Even so,  he wouldn't have any problem to play again with them. The same with Konchesky...
      corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #15: Jan 20, 2011 10:02:32 am
      Disasterous signing but sure anyone with half a brain could have seen he wasn't good enough for Liverpool, sadly Hodgson couldn't
      ozi_wozzy
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,552 posts | 304 
      Reply #16: Jan 20, 2011 10:11:40 am

nothing to do with being a rh signing (although yes the senile old git had a knack for buying sh*te). look at miereles, many think highly of him, he's a very good signing.

it's just that, konchesky...well he sh*te isn't he? he's an awful lb. he can't pass to save his life, he's been getting skimmed all day and he just reminds me of a bucket of sh*t being continuously pecked at by crows.

sorry...just my opinion.
      TonioLerouge
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,170 posts | 59 
      Reply #17: Jan 20, 2011 10:14:31 am

Watch his stats, in his average match he succeeds less than one third of his tackles (even ended some with 0), fails most his clearances, rarely has more than one interception, tries no more than 2 crosses per game, and has one of the worst pass completion in the team (and this even when he makes most to his half). Hardly see how it could have helped us.
      SM
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,583 posts | 400 
      Reply #18: Jan 20, 2011 10:24:56 am
      Konchesky isn't the best player in the world but has he been any worse than the rest of the squad? From what I've seen of him he's done ok - no more no less, but doesn't deserve some of the comments people are making about him. I get the impression that he's being made a scapegoat just because he was one of RH's signings.

I agree with this part of the quote and until we have someone to replace him whats the point of letting him go.
      Stevie-G
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,730 posts |
      Reply #19: Jan 20, 2011 12:40:28 pm
      Reds field Konchesky enquiries
      Skysports.com understands a number of Premier League clubs have made enquiries for Liverpool defender Paul Konchesky.

Konchesky, who only joined the Reds from Fulham in the summer, has found himself out of favour at Anfield in recent weeks and has not played since Kenny Dalglish replaced Roy Hodgson at the helm earlier this month.

Dalglish has used right-back Glen Johnson at left-back in the last two games fuelling rumours that Konchesky does not figure in his plans at Liverpool.
      The defender's situation at Liverpool is believed to have alerted several Premier League rivals who are believed to have asked the Merseyside club about his availability.

However, suitors of the former Charlton and West Ham man are set to be disappointed as under Fifa regulations Konchesky is unable to play for a third club this season having already featured for Fulham and Liverpool.
      lfc_ynwa
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,109 posts | 233 
      • In Kenny we trust. YNWA. Tits!!
      Reply #20: Jan 20, 2011 12:42:00 pm
      Would fulham be stupid enough to by a sh*t player who they had in the past?
      red_kaiser
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,506 posts | 60 
      Reply #21: Jan 20, 2011 12:51:32 pm
      Its Fulham not Liverpool.He would be their Coentrao.
      Baustinsali08
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,514 posts | 29 
      Reply #22: Jan 20, 2011 02:04:17 pm
      Would fulham be stupid enough to by a sh*t player who they had in the past?

Is Roy Hodgson going back to Fulham?

Quick Reply