Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P27 W14 D8 L5

NESV - The first 100 days

Read 5785 times
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,383 posts | 2823 
      Re: NESV - The first 100 days
      Reply #46: Jan 29, 2011 01:18:35 am
      Feel sorry for them that they had/are having to deal with people like Hodgson and Torres.

Going about it the right way though. Keep it up.
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,650 posts | 6947 
      Reply #47: Jan 29, 2011 01:22:05 am
      Feel sorry for them that they had/are having to deal with people like Hodgson and Torres.

Going about it the right way though. Keep it up.

Still aftershocks from the old regime sadly.  Agree - this whole Torres debacle may have reached a conclusion on their watch but the seeds were set as soon as Christian Purslow clicked his cuban heels in to Anfield.

It's a great shame the way Fernando Torres has acted.  He probably could have left in the summer with some dignity intact.

But I remain convinced that the new owners can hopefully sort this mess out and there is probably no manager in the world I'd rather have in charge than Dalglish to oversee the changes.
      PGlynn91
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,601 posts | 295 
      • To win just once...
      Reply #48: Jan 29, 2011 02:38:45 am
      What do you mean sort the mess out?

Convince him to stay.
      AZPatriot
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,944 posts | 1759 
      Reply #49: Jan 29, 2011 04:10:33 am
      JD I have a feeling Mr. Henry knew a bit more about the problems for some time.

From his RAWK interview in November

It is up to us to solve the problems that have plagued the club for some time now. The club has terrific revenues, but they need to be allocated properly. Where revenues, in fact, suffer are in relation to match day. That is a problem we have to solve. It will be difficult to solve. If the match day issue had been easy it would have been solved a long time ago. Many EPL clubs have this problem. We will have to be bold, thoughtful and aggressive in order to do the right thing for the community, for the supporters and for the club long-term.

Liverpool values are well known. What makes Anfield so special beyond the history of the ground are the people who populate Anfield each match. They value the club first and foremost. That is what we have to ensure every person who wears a kit or works for the club at any level has in the their minds first and foremost – the club comes first.

In Boston every player who puts on a Boston Red Sox uniform knows what it means to wear that uniform. It’s something very special. Wearing that uniform has a great deal of meaning. We have a Red Sox way that is discussed in spring training each year. It is a privilege to work for the Boston Red Sox at any level. We have Red Sox Ambassadors who spend their days ensuring that people outside of the organization know how much all of us inside the organization appreciate our fans and visitors to Fenway Park.

The values that we have to strive for within the club at Liverpool emanate from the supporters. We cannot have anyone at the club who when they walk into the Academy, Melwood or Anfield, aren’t aware of club values and that the club comes first and foremost. We have to have everyone from top to bottom on the same page – exactly the same page. And we will. We will make mistakes and it will be up to us to correct them. With the level of support this club has, if we are all on the same page, we will be incredibly successful.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #50: Jan 29, 2011 12:12:38 pm
      Still aftershocks from the old regime sadly.  Agree - this whole Torres debacle may have reached a conclusion on their watch but the seeds were set as soon as Christian Purslow clicked his cuban heels in to Anfield.

It's a great shame the way Fernando Torres has acted.  He probably could have left in the summer with some dignity intact.

But I remain convinced that the new owners can hopefully sort this mess out and there is probably no manager in the world I'd rather have in charge than Dalglish to oversee the changes.
      It just dosent add up.only 14 game sleft so its a matter of weeks till the end of season. he cant play in the CL he cant play in the FA Cup and he probably wouldnt have enough games in by the end of the season to get a Champions medal with Chelski.
      So why wouldnt you wait until the end of the season when you can make a better decision.its all very odd to me.
      LFCexiled
      Reply #51: Jan 29, 2011 12:15:41 pm
      It just dosent add up.only 14 game sleft so its a matter of weeks till the end of season. he cant play in the CL he cant play in the FA Cup and he probably wouldnt have enough games in by the end of the season to get a Champions medal with Chelski.
      So why wouldnt you wait until the end of the season when you can make a better decision.its all very odd to me.

He can play in the CL can't he Walton? I didn't think playing in the EL made you cup-tied in the CL.
      kelvo
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,207 posts | 52 
      Reply #52: Jan 30, 2011 10:41:16 am
      Think they are doing a great job so far, they are willing to make big decisions and they do it all behind closed doors which is how it should be.

This is a great quote "The values that we have to strive for within the club at Liverpool emanate from the supporters. We cannot have anyone at the club who when they walk into the Academy, Melwood or Anfield, aren’t aware of club values and that the club comes first and foremost."
      IrishRed_IO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,483 posts | 343 
      • Formerly InertObject
      Reply #53: Jan 30, 2011 12:59:14 pm

He can play in the CL.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #54: Jan 30, 2011 10:02:24 pm
      Well they have a very difficult task ahead of them. They need to show us they are the right owners and the one thing they cannot do is just take the money and not replace him that would be a very wrong decision for them to take.
      If they say F**k off to chelsea then good it shows they have balls. If they say we dont want anyone here that isn't 100% Liverpool and then unviel a major signing that will also prove they mean business.
      This is just what they and we didnt want or dont need after the couple of years we have all endured.
      Good luck to them .
      crzy_jkr@u
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,774 posts | 29 
      • Rebuilding a legacy...Trust, Will, Pride, Respect.
      Reply #55: Jan 30, 2011 10:16:03 pm
      One way they'll be in the wrong isn't it?

Let's hope it's in the best interest of Liverpool which I believe I think it will be. They'll keep him and find his replacement summer or prove him to stay by signing good players summer.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #56: Jan 30, 2011 10:19:32 pm
      One way they'll be in the wrong isn't it?

Let's hope it's in the best interest of Liverpool which I believe I think it will be. They'll keep him and find his replacement summer or prove him to stay by signing good players summer.
      Having been robbed by Hicks and Gillette of transfer funds to service the debt I am sure they are aware that just taking £50million and not spending it will lead to accusations of similar dealings again.
      Lets hope tomorrow brings better news. what apity we are here now after having a great couple of weeks with kenny back.

Quick Reply