Trending Topics

Next match: Fulham v LFC [Premier League] Sun 21st Apr @ 4:30 pm
      Craven Cottage

Today is the 20th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P31 W17 D7 L7

Paul Konchesky (Fulham/Notts Forest)

Read 11028 times
      Haris
      • Forum Matt Busby

• 130 posts |
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Re: Paul Konchesky (Fulham)
      Reply #23: Jan 20, 2011 02:08:50 pm

Only dream, nothing else :D
      carheex
      • Banned

• 587 posts | -9 
      Reply #24: Jan 20, 2011 02:29:41 pm
      Watch his stats, in his average match he succeeds less than one third of his tackles (even ended some with 0), fails most his clearances, rarely has more than one interception, tries no more than 2 crosses per game, and has one of the worst pass completion in the team (and this even when he makes most to his half). Hardly see how it could have helped us.

But stats can be very misleading ie we haven't won a single game this season where Konchesky hasn't started. See?

The point I'm making is that he doesn't deserve the abuse he gets. PK has limited ability but hasn't looked out of place because everyone has been poor this season. Some have been worse but don't get a mention. It's not his fault he isn't of the standard we expect - blame Roy for that.
      MsGerrard
      Reply #25: Jan 20, 2011 05:47:15 pm

I'll join you  :lmao:

We have a Comedian on the forum eh Big V  ;)
      little-Luis:)
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 7,844 posts | 179 
      Reply #26: Jan 20, 2011 06:06:15 pm
      please take him Fulham.

please.
      gareth g
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 15,469 posts | 366 
      Reply #27: Jan 20, 2011 07:06:44 pm
      Konchesky isn't the best player in the world but has he been any worse than the rest of the squad? From what I've seen of him he's done ok - no more no less, but doesn't deserve some of the comments people are making about him. I get the impression that he's being made a scapegoat just because he was one of RH's signings. Let's not forget, we haven't won a game since he's been out of the team.....
      Awesome :lmao:
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,692 posts | 6693 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #28: Jan 20, 2011 08:53:31 pm
      Can we get our 2 lads we sent over there back now? Think it was Lauri Dalla Valle and Alex Kacaniklic.
      Baustinsali08
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,514 posts | 29 
      Reply #29: Jan 21, 2011 06:37:17 am
      Can we get our 2 lads we sent over there back now? Think it was Lauri Dalla Valle and Alex Kacaniklic.

Roy is so stupid, he sent two of our good youngsters out to Fulham as a makeshift for the deal. I hope this doesn't come back to bite us.
      bigears

• 6,125 posts | 287 
      • My bird looks great in red
      Reply #30: Jan 25, 2011 08:17:24 pm
      Roy is so stupid, he sent two of our good youngsters out to Fulham as a makeshift for the deal. I hope this doesn't come back to bite us.
      yes this wouldn"t have happened if damien comolli had got here earlier.
      onecoolcookie
      • Forum Alan Hansen

• 653 posts | 10 
      • YNWA JFT96
      Reply #31: Jan 27, 2011 01:42:41 am
      I would love this!! F**k off back to Mummy!!
      paulrobbo

• 6,875 posts | 106 
      • We are the Mods!
      Reply #32: Jan 27, 2011 02:10:35 am
      Actually feel a little bit sorry for the lad. It seems he doesn't have any friends here. He isn't a very good player but given the chance any of us would have jumped at the chance to join Liverpool. It isn't his fault Roy wanted to sign him.
      kevinho
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,698 posts | 78 
      • YNWA
      Reply #33: Jan 27, 2011 06:23:02 am
      Agreed PR, I felt bad for the lad, then I realized his weekly salary and I felt a little better...
      bigvYNWA
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,795 posts | 994 
      Reply #34: Jan 27, 2011 06:26:35 am
      Actually feel a little bit sorry for the lad. It seems he doesn't have any friends here. He isn't a very good player but given the chance any of us would have jumped at the chance to join Liverpool. It isn't his fault Roy wanted to sign him.

I feel sorry for him just for having to deal with his bitter c**t of a mother!
      redmau5
      • Forum Ronnie Moran

• 393 posts |
      Reply #35: Jan 27, 2011 07:06:34 am

Thats not the worse part about the deal.

The worse part is we sent Insua on loan with a clause to make it permanent.

Woy should have been fired just for that in the first weeks he was here.

• 7,844 posts | 179 
      Reply #36: Jan 27, 2011 10:58:10 am
      In talks with fulham for a loan deal. Its on sky sports, cant link cos im on my phone.
      PGlynn91
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,601 posts | 295 
      • To win just once...
      Reply #37: Jan 27, 2011 11:19:09 am
      I'll carry him back.

And sneak Dalla Valle back!

What a ridiculous transfer!

• 7,844 posts | 179 
      Reply #38: Jan 27, 2011 11:23:28 am
      Dalla Valle looked a real good finisher too with a bit of pace. Thought he might kick on this year.

was chatting to him a few years ago on facebook, sound out. As opposed to other people's family.
      PGlynn91
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,601 posts | 295 
      • To win just once...
      Reply #39: Jan 27, 2011 11:32:23 am
      Even if Dalla Valle had not made it with us.

He has a greater prospect of having a higher transfer fee in sale down the road than an average, 30 year old left back who we were all against signing anyway!
      Baustinsali08
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,514 posts | 29 
      Reply #40: Jan 27, 2011 11:51:14 am
      It's not Konchesky's fault that he wasn't Liverpool quality, I will be the first to admit I might have used him and Poulsen as a scapegoat to get Roy out.

• 7,844 posts | 179 
      Reply #41: Jan 27, 2011 11:58:52 am
      Think we all did :P it was Roy's poor judgement in the first place in thinking he was Liverpool quality. Konchesky would hardly say no to Liverpool, who could.

As someone said earlier, I do feel sorry for him, no friends at the club, knew he wasent good enough, even admitted it. Never did anything bad to the club, his bi*ch of a mother did that for him.

that said, I wont be sad to see the back of him.
      sergio tachini
      • Banned

• 156 posts |
      Reply #42: Jan 27, 2011 12:11:52 pm
      Thats not the worse part about the deal.

The worse part is we sent Insua on loan with a clause to make it permanent.

Woy should have been fired just for that in the first weeks he was here.
      I agree, Roy made some VERY VERY bad transfers (except merieles), cant believe he sent aqualani and the argie out on loans with perminent clauses, stupid man.
      As for Konch, not good enough lad, feel sorry for you, but you would be best going back to your bitter mum.
      *LFC 4EVA*
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes
      • Started Topic

• 805 posts |
      • *LFC 4LIFE*
      Reply #43: Jan 27, 2011 01:07:11 pm
      Fulham in Konchesky talks
      Defender could return to Craven Cottage

By Pete O'Rourke - Follow me on Twitter @skysportspeteo    Last updated: 27th January 2011   

Konchesky: Fulham talks

SKY SPORTS ON SKY

There's more live football on Sky Sports than ever before, including the Barclays Premier League, UEFA Champions League, Clydesdale Bank Premier League, England away Euro 2012 qualifiers and La Liga. With four live Sky Sports channels, as well as Sky Sports News, you'll never miss a moment on Sky. Click here for more.

Related links
      Teams
      Fulham
      Liverpool
      Players
      Paul Konchesky
      Also see
      Liverpool fixtures
      Liverpool stats
      Reds video
      Super 6
      Skysports.com understands Liverpool are in advanced talks with Fulham over a possible return to Craven Cottage for Paul Konchesky.

Konchesky has dropped out of the picture at Anfield in recent weeks following the appointment of Kenny Dalglish as manager.

The left-back was brought to Merseyside from Fulham in the summer by former Cottagers boss Roy Hodgson.

However, the defender has endured a difficult time in trying to win over the Reds fans and he has not played since Dalglish replaced Hodgson earlier this month.

Escape route

Fulham are now ready to offer Konchesky an escape route out of Anfield and a quick return to his former club by taking him on loan for the remainder of the season.

Mark Hughes is in the market for a new left-back with Mexican defender Carlos Salcido reportedly failing to settle to life in England.

A number of clubs are thought to have made enquiries to ask about Konchesky's availability, but because he has already played for Fulham and Liverpool this season, the only club he can join during this month's transfer window is the Cottagers because of Fifa regulations.

Fulham are now hoping to reach an agreement with Liverpool to sign Konchesky before the transfer window closes on Monday.
      kenny
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,314 posts | 76 
      Reply #44: Jan 27, 2011 01:37:04 pm
      His mum would be delighted and so will i, hurry up and go.
      LFC Viking
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,112 posts | 38 
      • LFC: Europe's finest 5 star establishment
      Reply #45: Jan 27, 2011 02:10:55 pm
      I was thinking about this last night, with Fulham being in town I thought some negotiators might have some discussions about taking him back.

Quick Reply