Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

Jose Mourinho (Real Madrid)

Read 26711 times
      harrydunn08
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish
      • Started Topic

• 5,915 posts | 957 
      Jose Mourinho (Real Madrid)
      Jan 20, 2011 02:16:33 pm
      This one may have to be moved (or even closed) by a mod, but I saw this article this morning and it got me thinking.

Jose Mourinho last night placed Premier League clubs on red alert as it seems he is ready to walk out on Real Madrid this summer.

Former Chelsea boss Mourinho is stuck in the middle of a blazing row with sporting director Jorge Valdano over the Spanish giants' transfer policy.

With hints from his advisers that Mourinho is prepared to quit in June, his return to English football could come within months, with Liverpool, Manchester City and even Manchester United among potential suitors.

Mourinho fears he will lose Argentina striker Gonzalo Higuain for the rest of the season after the South American underwent surgery on a herniated disc in his back and has demanded a replacement be signed in the current transfer window.

The "Special One" wanted Atletico Bilbao's Fernando Llorente or fellow Portuguese Hugo Almeida, who has instead joined Turkish side Besiktas from Werder Bremen.

He even switched targets to try to persuade Hamburg to allow former Manchester United star Ruud Van Nistelrooy to return to Real.

But after bringing off his remaining out-and-out striker, France frontman Karim Benzema, in the latter stages of a 1-1 draw with Almeria that saw Real slip four points behind bitter rivals Barcelona, Mourinho was criticised by Valdano for leaving the team without a forward.

That brought a typically belligerent response eerily reminiscent of the stand-offs Mourinho had with the Chelsea board during the battle-scarred year that preceded his departure from Stamford Bridge in September 2007.

"I am not the one to talk to about the strikers," he said. "I did all that in pre-season, when I said we needed more than two, and in November, when we all knew he needed to give Higuain time to recover.

"So I am not saying anything. You can speak to the people who send messages. I've got to where I am because I think for myself. I'm too old for them to send me messages in newspapers.

"I'm a dinosaur and don't go for that. I make my choices and if I have questions, I ask for advice from my staff."

Asked further if that was a criticism of Valdano and club president Florentino Perez, Mourinho cryptically responded: "You see ghosts and films of suspense and terror in everything I say."

But it seems Valdano's public criticism has brought the simmering internal problems out into the open and made Mourinho consider walking out of Madrid after just a year and with three seasons left on his contract.

With Mourinho having admitted just before Christmas that he plans to return to England when his spell in Spain comes to an end, this latest row will serve to alter plans at a number of his possible Premier League destinations.

Mourinho has been tipped to replace Sir Alex Ferguson at United when the Scot finally quits Old Trafford, while having already replaced Roberto Mancini at Inter Milan he would not be averse to repeating that trick at Man City.

And the Portuguese has already attempted to make peace with Liverpool fans by publicly apologising for the "shush" gestures he made as he ran down the touchline during Chelsea's 2005 Carling Cup Final victory over the Kop club.

http://www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/news/Jose-Mourinho-last-night-placed-Premier-League-clubs-including-Liverpool-Manchester-City-and-even-Manchester-United-on-red-alert-as-it-seems-the-former-Chelsea-manager-is-ready-to-walk-out-on-Real-Madrid-this-summer-after-just-a-year-in-charge-article677049.html

Now I realize that this is from the Mirror and is pretty far fetched, but I think its worth considering.  My initial reaction is that I want Kenny to keep the job for the long term because he has a winning mentality, and has a passion for the club and its fans.  However, Mourinho has incredible influence to pull world class players to any club he goes to.  How often do you hear players do interviews where they say it would be a dream come true to play for a coach like Mourinho?  I hear it all the time!  Unfortunately, most of the young world class players in the making have never heard much of King Kenny, but they all know Jose M.  So, my question is this.... What would you do if you were the owner of LFC, and you had to choose between King Kenny and Jose Mourinho to manage LFC?
      Alicus
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 981 posts | 14 
      Re: Jose Mourinho (Real Madrid)
      Reply #1: Jan 20, 2011 02:19:52 pm
      Ew.
      Baustinsali08
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,514 posts | 29 
      Reply #2: Jan 20, 2011 02:22:24 pm
      No, Mourinho said something in an earlier interview this season about how he wouldn't manage Liverpool or it was something on the matter.
      TonioLerouge
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,170 posts | 59 
      Reply #3: Jan 20, 2011 02:22:40 pm
      No thanks.

Spend big, use defensive tactics.
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,581 posts | 3826 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #4: Jan 20, 2011 02:26:27 pm
      The manager's equivalent of a gold digger. If he hasn't enough money at Real Madrid well off you go to City. Keep away from us
      KS67
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,475 posts | 463 
      Reply #5: Jan 20, 2011 02:29:15 pm
      A man with no class. King Kenny all the way.

Imagine if Mourinho came in and won us #19... it'd be all about him. Me. Me. Me. Me.

I have been dying to see him slip up and I maintain he'll be a disaster at Real, he'll have a hissy fit before too long and walk.
      queuepolitely
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 575 posts | 27 
      Reply #6: Jan 20, 2011 02:37:01 pm
      No thanks. Simples...Let the him go to Utd there made for each other, there something special about LFC and it aint moaniho and his defensive tactics.
      REDLANCE
      • Forum Ian St John

• 451 posts |
      Reply #7: Jan 20, 2011 02:44:34 pm
      I would hate to see Moron-inho at our club he is a good manager but I cannot stand him as a person and a Liverpool manager should have class and respect which is exactly what King Kenny has.

brilad
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,967 posts | 99 
      Reply #8: Jan 20, 2011 02:48:07 pm
      Difficult not to see the tw*t back at stamford bridge,i mean he was worshipped there ,still is,i reckon even abramovich knows he ballsed up sacking him.
      powergerrard
      • Forum Dean Saunders

• 68 posts |
      Reply #9: Jan 20, 2011 02:54:05 pm
      When asked about the Liverpool Job in the Summer he replied "Im Special, but im not that Special"..... F**k the C**t
      Dannylfc

• 5,010 posts | 174 
      • Always in our shadow.
      Reply #10: Jan 20, 2011 02:56:26 pm
      He can f**k off, arrogant tw*t.
      MiciG91
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,664 posts | 38 
      Reply #11: Jan 20, 2011 02:56:31 pm
      A great manager ! But no thank's we have our King
      Shemy
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 591 posts |
      Reply #12: Jan 20, 2011 03:07:14 pm
      im pretty positive he took a shot @ the club, when asked about if Liverpool would be the team he would manage upon making a return to the EPL

F**k him, let him go to City or ManU

Court LFC

• 8,496 posts | 182 
      Reply #13: Jan 20, 2011 03:08:35 pm
      Hahaha.

Is it just me? Or does he sulk at every club he goes to? Not a long term replacement, no.
      kevinho
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,698 posts | 78 
      • YNWA
      Reply #14: Jan 20, 2011 03:23:15 pm
      The guy switches clubs like most people do t-shirts. He did great at Porto, granted, but Inter and Chelsea were a huge F***ing bore to watch while he was in charge. No thanks.
      LFC9
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,277 posts | 22 
      Reply #15: Jan 20, 2011 03:32:06 pm
      Kenny lent him the Name tag of the Special 1 while he was out of managment know he back .....We have the Real special one no THANKYOU!
      gareth g
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 15,469 posts | 366 
      Reply #16: Jan 20, 2011 04:09:38 pm
      He may call himself the special one, but we have the special K.
      ozi_wozzy
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,552 posts | 304 
      Reply #17: Jan 20, 2011 04:44:29 pm
      no. he has no class. he is everything liverpool isn't. publicity seeking, self serving little pr*ck can go to citeh where they'll give him half billion transfer kitty to buy everything and win everything.

success always bought, never earned with him.
      hardcoresoldier
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,104 posts | 1275 
      • The Liverpool Way is The Only Way
      Reply #18: Jan 20, 2011 05:41:08 pm
      Whatever you say about Mourinho there can be no argument that he is an excellent manager, his record speaks for itself.

On the other hand, Kenny has more charisma, class and dignity in his little finger than Mourinho will ever have.
      Red5man

• 9,616 posts | 76 
      Reply #19: Jan 20, 2011 06:05:57 pm
      No F***ing class about him. Wouldn't want him. Ever.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #20: Jan 20, 2011 06:31:22 pm
      Whatever you say about Mourinho there can be no argument that he is an excellent manager, his record speaks for itself.

On the other hand, Kenny has more charisma, class and dignity in his little finger than Mourinho will ever have.

His record speaks like this:

Biggest spending club in Portugal.

Biggest spending club in England.

Biggest spending club in Italy.

Biggest spending club in Spain.

Most top level managers will do wonders with those finances - and it'll be prettier on the eye.
      little-Luis:)

• 7,844 posts | 179 
      Reply #21: Jan 20, 2011 06:32:54 pm
      His record speaks like this:

Biggest spending club in Portugal.

Biggest spending club in England.

Biggest spending club in Italy.

Biggest spending club in Spain.

Most top level managers will do wonders with those finances - and it'll be prettier on the eye.

I'd actually like to see him at a club with no money to see how he gets on.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #22: Jan 20, 2011 06:34:11 pm
      So would i, but i reckon it'd be like Michael Schumacher driving a Datsun - he'll still be known as the best but it wont change that he is doing sh*t all in his Datsun.

Quick Reply