Trending Topics

Next match: West Ham v LFC [Premier League] Sat 27th Apr @ 12:30 pm
      London Stadium

Today is the 25th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P25 W9 D9 L7

Jose Mourinho (Real Madrid)

Read 26828 times
      Iano92
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 958 posts |
      Re: Jose Mourinho (Real Madrid)
      Reply #92: Mar 28, 2011 08:33:57 pm
      People need to getting f**king real, he is the best manager of his generation, people don't like him simply by the comments he makes, he should be judged on his record which is second to none and comparable with anyone.

People seem to forget he took a floundering Porto to win the Champions league.

The best manager around whether people on here want to admit or not and absolutely loved by his players who all seem to be willing to run through a brick wall for him similar to Shankly here and is able to instill us against the world mentality in his players.

Maybe he is a bit more like Clough than Shankly.

But if he came here whether people want to admit it or not he would be loved within weeks

I don't think it would take weeks everyone has a soft spot for Jose, whether they admit it or not. He is still so young for a manager and has accomplished everything in club football.
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,332 posts | 2832 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #93: Mar 28, 2011 09:23:12 pm
      He is a genius in what he does but the thing is, for me, the ends do not justify the means.

I've read books about him and his methods - it's really incredible how he thinks in all the little details, which includes the nonsense he speaks to the media.

There's no denial about his quality. But I can list what I dislike about him.

1. Respect. He has showed us disrespect more than once - to the football club and the fans. No matter how good a man is at what he does, there are more important things than simply winning.

Most of the time I only find funny all the bullshit he says but he's crossed the line too many times and it's disgraceful. The other day he said 'he would never manage Mallorca', showing a lot of disrespect for the club and its fans, only because he wanted to show himself as a superior manager than his predecessor. The truth is, he did that cause pressure is getting to him - Pellegrino (currently managing Mallorca) achieved more points with Real Madrid than he has so far.

2. Individualism. He's only interested in himself. He wants to win trophies in all the major European leagues because he's 100% self centered and loves his personal records. He's always looking at the best opportunities to make his career look better, with no regard to the club he is in charge of, or their fans. He'll rapidly move on if it's for his best interests, to look greater. It might be ok to a lot of people but not for me.

Rafa Benitez stayed with us through difficult times, damaged his own reputation in this process, but in the end he was key to open our eyes against the Yankees and the bankruptcy our club was reading to; if the LFC manager was José Mourinho, he would of have left immediately and would simply not care about our future. In fact, he would probably want us to do worse after he left, so he could point out we were only good because of him. He did that with Chelsea, saying he was winning trophies with Inter but Chelsea couldn't win without him - simply ignoring the fact his successor Avram Grant would of have won the league if it wasn't for his terrible start in his last season at Chelsea, and in only months in charge managed to take the club to a UCL final, something Mourinho was appointed to but never did (Abramovich always made it clear the UCL was his major goal). Little after he said that, Ancelotti won the league in his first season at Chelsea, too.

Which raises a few questions to the debate: what's the need for this kind of criticism, in the first place? Why not simply show respect to his successors, instead of seeing them as their enemies? His 'us vs the world' mentality is as fake as the Stamford Bridge atmosphere. His real mentality is 'me vs the world'; once he has left the club, he shows it. If Chelsea didn't win anything at all after he left, he would probably be thrilled, so he could be the one and only to make them successful, the 'special one'.

Personal marketing is the expression.

That's not the Liverpool way I've always admired.

3. Negativity. Once Xavi said, Mourinho is a great manager, a winner, but he didn't bring anything new to the game, and that's why, according to him, Guardiola will be more remembered - like Sachi, or Cruyff are. He won the UCL with Inter but what people talked about was how good Barcelona was playing. True greatness is bigger than merely trophies, and I like to believe in that. Fabio Cappello is a lot more successful than Arrigo Sachi, but I know which Milan side I prefer.

My list could go on and on, but I think that's enough for now.
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,344 posts | 2818 
      Reply #94: Mar 29, 2011 12:06:58 am
      He's a winner yes but he's a c**t. Kenny is winner but a classy one.

Mourinho can have his trophies but he'll never have one club where he was truly adored. He will never be what Shankly and Dalglish were/are to us and what Ferguson is to United. He's just in it for personal glory which impresses some people but not me I'm afraid.

Give him money and he'll win us the league in two or three seasons no doubt. But then he'll F**k off for another record/challenge. Why do a lot of us love Rafa? Because he stayed and fought the cancer this club was facing. He wasn't even a local man but he fell in love with the club and fought for us and he laid down so much of the ground work in terms of getting rid of Hicks and Gillett and letting Kenny thrive. Mourinho would not do this.

Look at Kenny, coming back to drag us from the relegation zone. He's come back to get Liverpool back to the top, Mourinho wouldn't give a sh*t about us after he got his personal glory.

He's just not my type of manager and never will be. To be a great in my eyes, you not only have to win, but you have to fight for your club, you need to be loved by the people. He may be respected on the pitch, but he certainly isn't off it.

And also why is this topic open? We've got the King!!!!
      soxfan
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,478 posts | 59 
      Reply #95: Mar 29, 2011 01:10:12 am
      Winner? Yes.
      Class? No.
      Pass. :angry-smiley-034:

Let's assume for a moment that Kenny is unavailable. I'd rather have a very good manager with class like Ancelotti more than Mourinho, who is probably better and likely the best in the world. We might win a bit less, but I'd be prouder of our club.
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #96: Mar 29, 2011 07:23:25 am
      Can't fault his drive to win but it's how he goes about doing it. I love his attitude but hate it at the same time and i think that if he was to become Liverpool manager which i very highly doubt he does then we will be looking for a new manager in 3-4 seasons time at the most because he wouldn't be dedicated enough and as soon as the United's managers job becomes available he will be wanting to go there. So i'm not in favour of him being our manager, King Kenny please :).
      LFCexiled
      Reply #97: Mar 29, 2011 10:18:01 am
      If it's not just the figment of a journo's mind and he said that he wants a £150m budget, whatever club he goes to has to be able to justify that transfer budget under the new financial fair play rules. There aren't many clubs with the income to cover that.

He's obviously just ruled himself out of the chelsea and man city jobs as their income won't facilitate that sort of budget within said rules.

Unless there are some clubs who can afford to pay the initial penalties FIFA will impose thus rendering the rules pointless for the next few years.

Personally I'd like him back, I like Managerial banter and he's one of the main players in that game. Given the fact that whisky gob will be off on his zimmer frame soon we need a bit of fresh(ish) blood.
      « Last Edit: Mar 29, 2011 03:28:26 pm by LFCexiled »
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #98: Mar 31, 2011 01:58:21 am
      Kenny v Jose would be class wouldn't it? Mourinho for another club obviously. Especially if he takes the Manc job.
      BLEED_RED
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 604 posts | 22 
      • American Kopite
      Reply #99: Mar 31, 2011 07:28:33 am
      Kenny v Jose would be class wouldn't it? Mourinho for another club obviously. Especially if he takes the Manc job.

I was thinking along similar lines, but would Jose want to take the job from his best friend in the EPL? His ego is far to big to ever touch that post I think, he wouldn't want to give Mr. Alex the satisfaction because it would be many years before it is Jose's team.
      corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #100: Mar 31, 2011 08:25:46 am
      Mourinho is the only person that could replace Ferguson and I've no doubts he would win them trophies
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #101: Mar 31, 2011 09:22:15 am
      Mourinho is the only person that could replace Ferguson and I've no doubts he would win them trophies

Yup. As for him at Liverpool. No way Jose, not for a while yet at least.

In the future of course I would love him here, have a lot of respect for him. Beyond the antics lies a very good manager, and I'm sure a very nice man.
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,406 posts | 3404 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #102: Mar 31, 2011 12:51:36 pm
      ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ ZZZZZZZ

Am I the only one not interested if this self generated publicity by this ego maniac.In my view he should NEVER EVER manage LFC.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,164 posts | 8548 
      Reply #103: Mar 31, 2011 04:09:10 pm
      ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

Am I the only one not interested if this self generated publicity by this ego maniac.In my view he should NEVER EVER manage LFC.

No, you're not alone!

I personally think he's a tw*t.
      lfc_ynwa
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,109 posts | 233 
      • In Kenny we trust. YNWA. Tits!!
      Reply #104: Apr 02, 2011 06:48:57 pm
      His 9 year unbeaten run is very close to being over. Sporting 1-0 up with 1 minute plus extra time.
      Stevie-G
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,730 posts |
      Reply #105: Apr 02, 2011 06:58:14 pm
      His 9 year unbeaten run is very close to being over. Sporting 1-0 up with 1 minute plus extra time.
      It's over now.
      corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #106: Apr 02, 2011 08:10:00 pm
      Ya only his 2nd home loss since 2002, that is some F***ing record
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,239 posts | 4928 
      Reply #107: Apr 02, 2011 10:47:04 pm
      It was an excellent record while it lasted and there is no doubt he is a fantastic manager but still not a Liverpool manager for me.
      soxfan
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,478 posts | 59 
      Reply #108: Apr 03, 2011 12:10:33 am
      For those who were unaware, it was a league home unbeaten streak, not overall. Still amazing of course.
      Of course, there have been cup games that Mourinho has lost at home. In all competitions, Mourinho has seen his sides lose seven times since 23rd February 2002; Porto were beaten twice by Real Madrid and once by Panathinaikos in the Champions League, Chelsea were knocked out of the League Cup on penalties by Charlton, the FA Cup by Liverpool and went out to Barcelona in Europe, while Panathinaikos came back to haunt him during his spell in Italy.
      gazza31
      • Banned

• 2,751 posts | 35 
      Reply #109: Apr 03, 2011 12:57:48 pm
      Mourhino will only go where he has a massive budget. City it is.
      MsGerrard
      Reply #110: Apr 03, 2011 01:57:31 pm
      He'll take over at utd when fergiescum steps down.
      Adryan
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,704 posts | 378 
      • Cut my veins open and I bleed Liverpool Red.
      Reply #111: Apr 03, 2011 02:11:28 pm
      He's perfect for them since the media loves him and Man United so much.
      MsGerrard
      Reply #112: Apr 03, 2011 02:14:13 pm
      He's perfect for them since the media loves him and Man United so much.

Exactly, he'd revel in the glory of taking over at the scum.
      Dannylfc
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,010 posts | 174 
      • Always in our shadow.
      Reply #113: Apr 03, 2011 04:27:06 pm
      Genius and the best manager of his generation.

But I'd rather stab myself with a fork than see him here, he symbolises everything I don't want a Liverpool manager to be.

Arogant, attention seeking and too focused on his own personal agenda image rather than the clubs.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,164 posts | 8548 
      Reply #114: Apr 03, 2011 04:29:18 pm
      Genius and the best manager of his generation.

What about Guardiola? During the 5-0 he made Mourinho's team look like a bunch of amateurs!!

Quick Reply