Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P24 W11 D6 L7

Jose Mourinho (Real Madrid)

Read 26715 times
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Re: Jose Mourinho (Real Madrid)
      Reply #115: Apr 03, 2011 04:34:22 pm
      For those who were unaware, it was a league home unbeaten streak, not overall. Still amazing of course.

We never beat Chelsea at Stamford Bridge in the FA Cup. Old Trafford in the semis 5 years back but that was it during Mourinho's era.

But I do remember the league cup in 2005 and them losing to Charlton on penalties.
      stephenmc9
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,822 posts | 39 
      • 'Liverpool was made for me and I was made for Live
      Reply #116: Apr 03, 2011 04:45:27 pm
      Think he will stay another year in Spain.He will come back for the job in Manchester red or blue.Some record beaten last night will take him a while to do that again,Great record all the same.
      MaxC
      • Forum Roger Hunt

• 504 posts | 15 
      Reply #117: Apr 07, 2011 07:28:18 pm
      Mourinho can go to hell.
      kelvo
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,207 posts | 52 
      Reply #118: Apr 07, 2011 08:42:32 pm
      Only one place he will go is OT!
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,966 posts | 3048 
      Reply #119: Apr 07, 2011 08:49:17 pm
      Only one place he will go is OT!

They belong together
      kopite94
      • Forum Titi Camara

• 37 posts |
      Reply #120: Apr 12, 2011 11:14:12 am
      Great manager, No point in denying that.
      But king kenny has got to be given the job surely.
      Mourinho is defiantly not a liverpool manager, he couldnt handle the tradition and the loyalty involved.
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,581 posts | 3826 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #121: Jun 03, 2011 03:06:58 pm
       laliga_news La Liga News
      Mourinho: "The discussion over who is better, Messi or Cristiano, is not mine. For me mine are always the bests."
      15 hours ago Favorite Retweet Reply »

laliga_news La Liga News
      Mourinho: "Benzemá and Higuaín are untransferable"

laliga_news La Liga News
      Mourinho: "Sahin was the best player in the Bundesliga, not by journalists or by text messages, it has been by professional footballers"

laliga_news La Liga News
      Mourinho about Spanish League: "The people has much passion for football. I feel good in Spain, that's why I will continue here next season"

laliga_news La Liga News
      Mourinho on UEFA: "I have been punished without knowing why. I'm punished before being judged"

laliga_news La Liga News
      Mourinho: "The fans are for me the most important part of an organization."

laliga_news La Liga News
      Mourinho: "It was a sad time for Valdano and all, without being hypocritical, Im not happy with his exit, but Im with the new organization."

laliga_news La Liga News
      Mourinho: "Real Madrid is looking for a different model of organization"

laliga_news La Liga News
      Mourinho: "I dont have more power in the club than before. You will read many things that arent true in those days."
      RedsTillIDie
      • Banned

• 127 posts |
      • Open my veins I'm red to the core
      Reply #122: Jun 03, 2011 03:37:48 pm
      What's this got to do with us?
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,581 posts | 3826 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #123: Jun 03, 2011 03:44:53 pm
      I searched for a topic on Mourinho. Found this one. All complaints to my lawyer www.pedanticbastard.com
      MsGerrard
      Reply #124: Jun 04, 2011 12:18:32 am
      I searched for a topic on Mourinho. Found this one. All complaints to my lawyer www.pedanticbastard.com

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao:
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #125: Jun 04, 2011 05:30:18 am
      Anyone remember this from his time at Porto?

"My reputation is very important to me," insists the Porto boss. "I want people to remember me as one of the all-time great managers. I want to leave my mark in football history and be remembered like Bill Shankly and Bob Paisley.

"I loved the way Liverpool played in the Seventies and Eighties. I loved Kenny Dalglish, Graeme Souness, Phil Thompson, Ray Clemence and Ian Rush - now I want the same success."
      MaxC
      • Forum Roger Hunt

• 504 posts | 15 
      Reply #126: Jun 04, 2011 05:56:55 am
      Anyone remember this from his time at Porto?

"My reputation is very important to me," insists the Porto boss. "I want people to remember me as one of the all-time great managers. I want to leave my mark in football history and be remembered like Bill Shankly and Bob Paisley.

"I loved the way Liverpool played in the Seventies and Eighties. I loved Kenny Dalglish, Graeme Souness, Phil Thompson, Ray Clemence and Ian Rush - now I want the same success."
      The lying c**t said those things because he wanted to come to a big club and at that time there were only three big clubs in England--Arsenal, Liverpool and Man U. And the influx of the Billionaires had not started in the game. If he was starting his career right now he would be making complimentary remarks about the history of Man City I am sure. That is the nature of the man who cannot even give credit to his mentor Sir Robson as deserved.
      Reprobate
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 11,055 posts | 436 
      • Avatar by Kitster29@Deviantart.com
      Reply #127: Jun 04, 2011 08:01:01 am
      If he was starting his career right now he would be making complimentary remarks about the history of Man City I am sure.
      History?   ???
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #128: Jun 04, 2011 11:03:05 am
      The lying c**t said those things because he wanted to come to a big club and at that time there were only three big clubs in England--Arsenal, Liverpool and Man U. And the influx of the Billionaires had not started in the game. If he was starting his career right now he would be making complimentary remarks about the history of Man City I am sure. That is the nature of the man who cannot even give credit to his mentor Sir Robson as deserved.

I don't think those quotes would endear him to United fans though tbh. Nothing mentioned about being 'remembered' like Fergie.
      HeighwayToHeaven
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,468 posts | 242 
      • Don't buy The Sun
      Reply #129: May 06, 2012 09:24:50 pm
      Real Madrid offer Jose Mourinho a new four-year contract

Duncan Castles
      May 6, 2012

Real Madrid have asked Jose Mourinho to commit his long-term future to the newly crowned Spanish champions by offering their manager a new four-year contract.

After ending Barcelona's stranglehold on the major European trophies and forcing Pep Guardiola's exit from the Camp Nou, the Portuguese is considering Real's proposal of a two-season extension until 2016.

Mourinho established himself as the first manager to win League titles in England, Italy and Spain on Wednesday. His radically reorganised Real team have scored a record number of goals and can register an unprecedented total of 100 points in this weekend's final Primera Liga fixture against Mallorca.

The 49 year old's place of employment next season is no longer in question, having reversed his January decision to leave the Bernabeu for a Premier League side and turned down a proposal to return to Chelsea.

Close friends now expect Mourinho to decide on Real's new proposal before beginning his summer holidays.

"Managing Madrid has been and will continue to be the hardest job of my career," said Mourinho in an interview with Spanish newspaper ABC today.

"My goal now is to win Leagues with Real Madrid. And after my time in this house I will work on any of the three major championships.

"But at this moment I have two years left on my contract here and my family and I are pleased to have a stability. Until now we have been unsettled because we've been moving every two or three years. So we're pleased to continue at Real Madrid."

Throughout a period in which proposals were canvassed from English clubs and a new family house purchased in central London in preparation for his return, Mourinho continued to work on preparatory plans for Real's next season.

At present, he is preparing to add two new players to the squad; one a new goalkeeper to work with long-standing first-choice, Iker Casillas.

Mourinho has ruled out the sale or loan of Nuri Sahin, the Turkey international midfielder who has experienced a difficult first season in Spain.

He has also stated that Gonzalo Higuain will not be allowed to leave the squad, signalling that attempts to exchange the unsettled Argentina striker for Sergio Aguero have foundered on Manchester City's refusal to allow their forward to return to the Spanish capital.

"We will make two changes to further enhance the template," said Mourinho. "Players who arrived this season and have suffered with will be more comfortable. And we will improve the infrastructure. In this sense hats off to the president and [general director] Jose Angel Sanchez."

http://www.thenational.ae/sport/football/real-madrid-offer-jose-mourinho-a-new-four-year-contract

Quick Reply