Trending Topics

Next match: Fulham v LFC [Premier League] Sun 21st Apr @ 4:30 pm
      Craven Cottage

Today is the 20th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P31 W17 D7 L7

Jose Mourinho (Real Madrid)

Read 26802 times
      RedLFCBlood
      Re: Jose Mourinho (Real Madrid)
      Reply #69: Mar 28, 2011 11:45:31 am
      JOSE MOURINHO'S PRICE FOR PREMIER RETURN? £170M

http://www.express.co.uk/posts/view/237027/Jose-Mourinho-s-price-for-Premier-return-170m

JOSE MOURINHO has named his price to return to the Premier League – a £20million-a-year salary and a transfer budget of £150m.

The former Chelsea boss insisted again last week when he was on a flying visit to London that he has unfinished business in England.

But any club hoping to entice the Portuguese master away from Real Madrid will have to raid the coffers because he won’t be returning on the cheap.

Sunday Express Sport can reveal that Mourinho, 48, has been made aware of two potential Premier League suitors via his agent Jorge Mendes.

The clubs, both in the top half of the table, were told that Mourinho would command wages of £20m a year and a substantial transfer pot of around £150m.

Mourinho currently earns £10m a year at the Bernabeu and is already the world’s highest-paid manager.

But he knows his market value and can play the financial game with a strong bargaining hand.

He also knows that to be successful any new club would have to be at the forefront in the inflated transfer market so he would demand real financial muscle.

Mourinho, who has won the Champions League with Porto and Inter and two Premier League titles at Chelsea, believes he is on the verge of big things with Real Madrid.

Only when his work is completed in Spain or if Madrid politics drive him out will he consider his next move – back to England.

He admitted: “I have never hidden my desire to return to England some day but there are three years left on my contract. I intend to see them through and maybe even carry on with a new contract.

“We are on the right path and titles will come either this season or next. My teams usually do better in the second season.”

But Mourinho acknowledges that things can change very quickly at a volatile club like Real Madrid.

It’s also something ambitious clubs in this country are aware of and have already started the courting process.

But any eventual marriage will prove very expensive.

Do they call him the special one because he licks windows ?

In 3 years the FFP rules will be in full effect.

shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,421 posts | 4581 
      Reply #70: Mar 28, 2011 11:48:48 am
      Greedy b***ard that maureen and a chq book manager too.

Just not for us.
      nnilswerdna
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,879 posts | 104 
      Reply #71: Mar 28, 2011 11:53:21 am
      Take out the obvious hatred at the time because of Chelsea i do like Jose, he is a proper football manager.  Have you seen the leaked essays he gives to the players before a match?

But i would hate to see him manage Liverpool.

I want our manager to be 100% dedicated to the club and if he came out in an interview saying he'd love to be somewhere else in a few years i'd want him out. 

No time for any of that.

Kenny would never do that :OD
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,145 posts | 4897 
      Reply #72: Mar 28, 2011 12:12:02 pm

Exactly how I feel about Mourinho.

I understand he is a successful manager but I don't feel he is even close to the type of man I would want in charge of our club.
      Adryan
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,704 posts | 378 
      • Cut my veins open and I bleed Liverpool Red.
      Reply #73: Mar 28, 2011 12:17:14 pm
      Exactly how I feel about Mourinho.

I understand he is a successful manager but I don't feel he is even close to the type of man I would want in charge of our club.

My thoughts exactly.

He may win trophies but I wouldn't want a person like to be in charge of my team, especially when the Liverpool Way is like the opposite of what he is!
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,595 posts | 3839 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #74: Mar 28, 2011 12:43:05 pm
      stephenmc9
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,822 posts | 39 
      • 'Liverpool was made for me and I was made for Live
      Reply #75: Mar 28, 2011 12:53:15 pm
      I know he is a greedy argent b***ard,but he dose win trophys,and thats what we need.
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #76: Mar 28, 2011 12:55:29 pm
      My feelings on Mourinio are that no doubt we would win trophies with him but they would feel tainted or dirty somehow.  

He is not Liverpool quality, he has no class, he's selfish and arrogant.

The scum is about his level.
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,595 posts | 3839 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #77: Mar 28, 2011 12:59:40 pm
      My feelings on Mourinio are that no doubt we would win trophies with him but they would feel tainted or dirty somehow. 

Nail. On. Head
      corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #78: Mar 28, 2011 01:03:43 pm
      Why is he arrogant. Is it because some of the statements he makes. You prob wouldnt have like shankly then. I see nothing wrong with his confidence he has a record to back it up
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,595 posts | 3839 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #79: Mar 28, 2011 01:07:49 pm
      Why is he arrogant. Is it because some of the statements he makes. You prob wouldnt have like shankly then. I see nothing wrong with his confidence he has a record to back it up

That's bullshit Corbally and a F***ing massive slur on Shanks. Mourinho is all about the individual. Shankly had the club as a community. Mourinho's only interest is in himself.

"I was only in the game for the love of football - and I wanted to bring back happiness to the people of Liverpool."

"Please don't call me arrogant, but I'm European champion and I think I'm a special one,"

Spot the difference
      MsGerrard
      Reply #80: Mar 28, 2011 01:43:25 pm

To compare Mourinho to Shankly  ??? well you can't to be honest, he's not in the same league as Shanks, never has been never will be, Shanks took on a Liverpool side that was floundering in the old second division, he believed in them, he made Liverpool what it is today, he built the foundations for which we lay our current team on.

Mourinho has no class, he's an arrogant little shitbag who isn't fit to lick Shankly's boots. He will never be Liverpools Manager.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,089 posts | 8521 
      Reply #81: Mar 28, 2011 01:47:12 pm
      I know he is a greedy argent b***ard,but he dose win trophys,and thats what we need.

Well he won't be coming and hasn't he already said in the past he wouldn't take the Liverpool job, but wouldn't say why.

Probably because he got knocked back for the job in 2004!

So we need someone who wins trophies? Good thing we've got the King.
      MsGerrard
      Reply #82: Mar 28, 2011 01:48:37 pm
      n 2004!

So we need someone who wins trophies? Good thing we've got the King.

All hail the KING !!!  ;)
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,001 posts | 3952 
      Reply #83: Mar 28, 2011 03:22:36 pm
      He's well talked himself out of managing the best club in the world.
      Stevie-G
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,730 posts |
      Reply #84: Mar 28, 2011 03:29:37 pm
      Lock this topic please. WE'VE GOT A MANAGER.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,001 posts | 3952 
      Reply #85: Mar 28, 2011 03:30:37 pm
      To compare Mourinho to Shankly  ???

Mourinho has no class, he's an arrogant little shitbag who isn't fit to lick Shankly's boots. He will never be Liverpools Manager.
      Couldn't have put it better myself Cas, he's not fit to walk in the mans shadow.
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,421 posts | 4581 
      Reply #86: Mar 28, 2011 03:42:44 pm
      Special ?

Special is what shankly did with us as a manager.

Special is what paisley did after shankly as a manager.

Special is what dalglish did with us as a player,manager and pillar in our hours of need.

Thats F***ing special.
      lfc_ynwa
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,109 posts | 233 
      • In Kenny we trust. YNWA. Tits!!
      Reply #87: Mar 28, 2011 03:58:39 pm
      He is a fantastic manager no doubt. 9 years unbeaten at home is defiantly a record that stands out and he is a trophy machine but he has no class. He's very arrogant too and I wouldn't want him at anfield.  
      Iano92
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 958 posts |
      Reply #88: Mar 28, 2011 05:35:49 pm
      He is a fantastic manager no doubt. 9 years unbeaten at home is defiantly a record that stands out and he is a trophy machine but he has no class. He's very arrogant too and I wouldn't want him at anfield. 

He is arrogant in guarding his players. Making himself the center of everything reduces any pressure on his key players. Before a Real Madrid match the media couldn't care what Ronaldo, Alonso, etc are saying all they want is Jose. I wouldn't call him arrogant I just feel he knows what the people and media want and manipulates them. I find it astonishing that people call him arrogant just because of what he says in the media. He is simply playing them to make the situation better for himself.

Junior_Red
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 926 posts |
      Reply #89: Mar 28, 2011 06:05:47 pm
      Honestly his persona doesn't bother me at all, I don't like his footballing style, and that alone is why I wouldn't want him at Liverpool.
      skolRED
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,143 posts | 257 
      Reply #90: Mar 28, 2011 06:08:23 pm

This.

To compare Mourinho to Shankly  ??? well you can't to be honest, he's not in the same league as Shanks, never has been never will be, Shanks took on a Liverpool side that was floundering in the old second division, he believed in them, he made Liverpool what it is today, he built the foundations for which we lay our current team on.

And this.
      corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #91: Mar 28, 2011 06:14:15 pm
      People need to getting F***ing real, he is the best manager of his generation, people don't like him simply by the comments he makes, he should be judged on his record which is second to none and comparable with anyone.

People seem to forget he took a floundering Porto to win the Champions league.

The best manager around whether people on here want to admit or not and absolutely loved by his players who all seem to be willing to run through a brick wall for him similar to Shankly here and is able to instill us against the world mentality in his players.

Maybe he is a bit more like Clough than Shankly.

But if he came here whether people want to admit it or not he would be loved within weeks

Quick Reply