Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P24 W11 D6 L7

What games are you buying this year?

Read 11172 times
      Adryan
      • Forum Legend - Paisley
      • Started Topic

• 17,704 posts | 378 
      • Cut my veins open and I bleed Liverpool Red.
      What games are you buying this year?
      Jan 21, 2011 11:44:02 pm
      Well, this is just for fun, really.

Uncharted 3 : Drake's Deception is coming out this November. I will get. I just bought Uncharted 1 and 2 so it's nice to have a complete set but I need to start playing the first one first when I get back home in the summer.

Then, there's also Mortal Kombat 9 in a couple of months. The Fatality moves on MK9 is just so disturbing! I think I should get a fighting game at least and I've ruled out Tekken and Street Fighter 4. It is possible to see some trailers on youtube already.

There's also Dynasty Warriors 7. I loved the Dynasty Warriors series on the PS2! I'm only waiting to see how the official game play of DW 7 look like before deciding because I only liked the original versions of the games and not the Xtreme Legends, Empires or Strikeforce.

And finally, Call of Duty : Modern Warfare 3 will probably be released late 2011 or early 2012. And as you know, I'm addicted to this game so obviously I'll get it. Loved MW2 but never played CoD4 and am yet to open up my Black Ops! ;D

Games in the UK are cheaper for me than it is in Malaysia so I always take the opportunity to get games on a cheap price and before I head back for good after university, I'm gonna bring back a truck load, not literally by the way ;)
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,581 posts | 3826 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Re: What games are you buying this year?
      Reply #1: Jan 21, 2011 11:52:56 pm
      Whatever Electronic Arts - Infinity Ward releases. . . That's what I will be buying
      Roddenberry
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 16,568 posts | 1876 
      Reply #2: Jan 22, 2011 12:03:27 am
      I'm miles behind on game playing, but Red Dead Redemption will be brought at some point & looking forward to Football Manager 2012.
      PGlynn91
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,601 posts | 295 
      • To win just once...
      Reply #3: Jan 22, 2011 12:42:21 am
      Is there a Rugby 11 coming out.

I still play Rugby08. Hope EA make a new one.

It is World Cup year :)
      Tayls
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,378 posts | 510 
      Reply #4: Jan 22, 2011 01:12:15 am
      Whatever Electronic Arts - Infinity Ward releases. . . That's what I will be buying

Haven't heard anything on that front yet. Would probably be released October/November if it does happen this year, but I think you might have to hold out till 2012.

I'll be getting Dragon Age II, first one was a solid RPG and I liked the setting, plus anything Bioware does now I want to play. Which leads me on to Mass Effect 3, which will probably be freakin awesome as well.

Got to get Deus Ex Machina, looks like a next gen version of the first one (widely regarded as one of the best computer games ever, released back in 1999) which can only be good.

Then there's Shogun Total War. I've been a fan of the TW series despite the disappointments of Empire (which I didn't buy). Like how Creative Assembly have toned it down a bit, gone for less of an expansive game, but more detailed. Looks very very good from what I've seen.

Didn't know there was a Dynasty Warriors game coming out, so I might have to get that one! I've been a fan of the DW games as well Adyran, despite the so very basic gameplay and premise. It's just something about beating up 1000's of soldiers in one battle thats gets me :D. Hope they start to include more modes from all their games (which I thought were just cash ins, and yet I still bought some  :f_whistle:) like Empires, Xtreme Legends etc. Will probably end up buying the new one if it's gameplay modes are all there.

And I'll probably succumb to buying yet another year's edition of FIFA, though to be honest I don't know what they're going to do to improve on 11. It only really needs refining.

So there you go, as you can tell I'm looking forward to this year's games, there are alot coming out I haven't even mentioned like Killzone 3, Unchartered 3, The Elder Scrolls: Skyrim, Resistance 3, Rage. All of them I'll probably end up getting (not necessarily buying a few of them ;)).

*edit* noticed there's a lot of "3's" out this year!  :laugh:
      Dmasta
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,895 posts | 553 
      Reply #5: Jan 22, 2011 08:51:47 am
      Buying? What is this?
      bigvYNWA
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,795 posts | 994 
      Reply #6: Jan 23, 2011 08:02:47 am
      I'm miles behind on game playing, but Red Dead Redemption will be brought at some point & looking forward to Football Manager 2012.

Just got Red Dead Redemption a few weeks ago as well, most fun ive had in a long time! Get Undead Nightmare as well for some good fun :)

Rockstar have got one called 'LA Noire' coming out soon, so thats one im interested in. Uncharted, still need to get the second one, but i loved the first one. So Number 3 will be on the list as well.
      bigbob75
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,264 posts | 280 
      • Let's talk about six
      Reply #7: Jan 23, 2011 12:33:45 pm
      dead space 2

gears of war 3

deus ex - human revolution
      ADayToRemember
      • Forum Youth Player

• 7 posts |
      Reply #8: Jan 23, 2011 03:54:39 pm
      Wish i had enough dosh to buy the majority of games out this year, bit gutted that True Crime Hong Hong has now been put back to Septemeber but off the top of my head.

Homefront
      Bulletstorm
      Uncharted 3
      Resistance 3
      Motorstorm Apocalypse
      kenny
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,314 posts | 76 
      Reply #9: Jan 27, 2011 02:46:15 pm
      Dirt 3

Love rally games. And this looks the bees knees.
      Adryan
      • Forum Legend - Paisley
      • Started Topic

• 17,704 posts | 378 
      Reply #10: Jan 27, 2011 10:46:11 pm
      Already have five games waiting to be played on my console.

Might get a few more before I head back, namely, Skate 3, Batman: Arkham Asylum and as above, maybe Dynasty Warriors 7. And if I do get hold of my GTA 4 from my cousin, I'll sell it and buy the Complete Edition.

Many sequels are coming out later this year. I'll definitely get more in my last year here. Uncharted 3, Modern Warfare 3, Batman: Arkham City, inFamous 2 and maybe even Mortal Kombat 9. Should think of a racing game to buy as well and I was thinking Modnation Racers :laugh:
      JFT96_LFC
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 619 posts |
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #11: Jan 29, 2011 03:43:50 pm
      As usual I will get the new moder warfare and Fifa 12 when they come out. Really hope Rockstar bring out a new GTA soon. Preferably Lodon so I can go around cockney bashing :lmao:
      Chach
      • Forum John Toshack

• 262 posts |
      Reply #12: Feb 15, 2011 12:03:10 pm
      Metal Gear Solid: Rising (if it even comes out this year)
      Mortal Kombat 9

Not sure when these games are coming out for release but hopefully:

Capcom vs Marvel 3
      Streetfighter vs Tekken
      Reprobate
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 11,055 posts | 436 
      • Avatar by Kitster29@Deviantart.com
      Reply #13: Feb 15, 2011 05:27:34 pm
      I'm pretty poor right now but if the opportunity arises, I'll have to try to get these for the 360 :

Battlefield 3 (BF2 was an amazing online FPS)

Gears of War 3 (needs no explanation)

Modern Warfare 3 (only just finished 2 the other day, never bought it just borrowed)

Only games I'm planning to buy are all sequels because you have some idea what you're getting. I don't really look into what's coming out so I'll just try other games if/when they're recommended to me.

Would like a good horror game but the only decent one I'm aware of coming out is Fatal Frame IV and that's only on the Wii (which I don't have).
      Wish they'd bring out a light gun game for the Xbox as well! House of the Dead, preferably.
      LFChrisLFC
      • Forum Ian St John

• 425 posts |
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #14: Feb 15, 2011 09:48:40 pm
      As usual I will get the new moder warfare and Fifa 12 when they come out. Really hope Rockstar bring out a new GTA soon. Preferably Lodon so I can go around cockney bashing :lmao:

Think the new GTA will be out late 2011 or early 2012 apparently, no idea where it's/is going to be set but pretty sure it wont be London.
      Reprobate
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 11,055 posts | 436 
      • Avatar by Kitster29@Deviantart.com
      Reply #15: Feb 15, 2011 09:52:20 pm
      Think the new GTA will be out late 2011 or early 2012 apparently, no idea where it's/is going to be set but pretty sure it wont be London.

It needs to be a MMORPG! Like Warcraft but GTA style. That would be the ultimate game!
      KopiteKid
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,275 posts |
      • Scouse Solidarność
      Reply #16: Feb 15, 2011 11:55:01 pm
      Uncharted 3 - the second one was one of the best games I've ever played.

L.A Noire - looks absolutely amazing, Rockstar rarely disappoint and it reminds me a little of Heavy Rain with the whole detective aspect.

Modern Warfare 3 - presuming it's coming.

FM 2012 - wouldn't miss it  :D

KopiteKid
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,275 posts |
      • Scouse Solidarność
      Reply #17: Feb 15, 2011 11:56:45 pm
      Metal Gear Solid: Rising (if it even comes out this year)

I think it's coming in 2012 unfortunately  :-\
      Can't F***ing wait to play as Raiden though, gonna be awesome.
      xSkyline
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,829 posts | 101 
      Reply #18: Feb 15, 2011 11:58:26 pm
      Resistance 3 - Assuming they go back to their roots and make it like R1 and not that crappy R2 thing.

Then the usual. CoD, Fifa, FM, etc..
      SpionKop88
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 783 posts | 11 
      • We see things they'll NEVER see!!!
      Reply #19: Feb 18, 2011 04:34:55 pm
      FIFA, FM, Test Drive Unltd 2 looks decent, meant to have a boss soundtrack mixed by Deadmau5.

Anything that grabs the eye, but theres meant to be a new Ace Combat coming out aswell that looks alright
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,326 posts | 2823 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #20: Feb 18, 2011 04:38:42 pm

Exactly! ;D
      Tayls
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,378 posts | 510 
      Reply #21: Feb 18, 2011 05:15:13 pm
      Everyone should stop paying so much money to Activision for their lazy CoD franchise. How anyone justifies shelling out 40-50 quid every half year or so for a much similar game with a different setting (even that's debatable, they're recycling things now) and a multiplayer that isn't even stable, at least on the PS3. Black Ops is a joke for it's connectivity and MW2 is the same, with the added bonus of being full of hacked lobbies. The death knell has sounded since Infinity Ward pretty much all left to join EA. I'd watch whatever shooter EA's putting out this year, if there is one.

There's no point buying CoD for the story, because it's always sh*t, and there are far better multiplayer games coming out this year (Battlefield 3 and Killzone 3 off the top of my head).

May seem like I'm ranting but I'm tired of the franchise now to be honest. It needs more innovations like Nazi Zombies (which is absolutely fantastic on Black Ops, I have to admit).
      Adryan
      • Forum Legend - Paisley
      • Started Topic

• 17,704 posts | 378 
      Reply #22: Feb 18, 2011 05:36:23 pm
      I think Modern Warfare 3 and Metal Gear Solid: Rising are probably out early 2012.

I'll definitely get Uncharted 3 and Dynasty Warriors 7 this year. Still unsure of Mortal Kombat 9, though.

Quick Reply