Trending Topics

Next match: Betis v LFC [Friendly] Sat 27th Jul @ 12:30 am
      Acrisure Stadium

Today is the 15th of June and on this date LFC's match record is P1 W1 D0 L0

LFC Reds Poll

Q. Man of the Match?

Raul Meireles
      (79.5%)
      Fernando Torres
      (15%)
      Martin Skrtel
      (0%)
      Lucas Leiva
      (0.9%)
      Christian Poulsen
      (1.4%)
      Pepe Reina
      (0%)
      Martin Kelly
      (2.7%)
      Daniel Agger
      (0%)
      Glen Johnson
      (0%)
      Maxi Rodriguez
      (0%)
      Dirk Kuyt
      (0.5%)

Wolves 0-3 Liverpool - In game and Post Match Joy

Read 53417 times
      corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Re: Wolves 0-3 Liverpool - In game and Post Match Joy
      Reply #782: Jan 22, 2011 08:33:36 pm
      I actually watched the Premiership for the first time in ages, Giles and Houghton were raving about Kenny and Liverpool. I wish I taped it.

Meireles looked like what he is today a top top drawer international player, watched him against Spain recently and he was F***ing brilliant.
      Podge
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,095 posts | 14 
      Reply #783: Jan 22, 2011 08:36:47 pm
      I actually watched the Premiership for the first time in ages, Giles and Houghton were raving about Kenny and Liverpool. I wish I taped it.

Good aul Johnny certainly has changed his tune from someone who thought Woy was hard done by ay?
      Ross
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,916 posts | 165 
      Reply #784: Jan 22, 2011 08:37:51 pm
      I was out but I'm definitely watch the highlights tonight!
      corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #785: Jan 22, 2011 08:38:43 pm
      I know F**k me he was all about Kenny saying that I heard him on Newstalk recently and he was backing up Rafa and basically slating Hodgson.
      Podge
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,095 posts | 14 
      Reply #786: Jan 22, 2011 08:44:17 pm
      I think half the time the lads on rte don't know what to say until the papers tell them! I recall Dunphy slating us the whole way through the Champions League campaign in 2005 and once we got to the quarters or the semis we were certs to win it in his book...until half time in istanbul at least!  ;)
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,683 posts | 3903 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #787: Jan 22, 2011 08:47:28 pm
      Soccer Saturday is on at 8am tomorrow. Thanks for the heads up. Busy watching the match again here. With blue Smirnoff :)
      corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #788: Jan 22, 2011 08:49:37 pm
      I had to hit my television a couple of times when houghton was talking because I couldn't believe how complimentary he was, thought there was something wrong with my televison
      corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #789: Jan 22, 2011 08:50:12 pm
      I watched it with vodka racer :)
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,687 posts | 6981 
      Reply #790: Jan 22, 2011 08:51:21 pm
      Just counted the passes on that 3rd goal.  I make it 35.

I was wrong.

33 passes.

Skrtel, Lucas, Kuyt, Lucas, Kuyt, Shelvey, Aurelio, Johnson, Raul, Lucas, Raul, Johnson, Shelvey, Johnson, Raul, Aurelio, Shelvey, Raul, Aurelio, Johnson, Agger, Reina, Agger, Lucas, Johnson, Aurelio, Lucas, Aurelio, Lucas, Shelvey, Johnson, Kuyt, Torres. Goal.
      whyohwhyohwhy
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 11,283 posts | 95 
      Reply #791: Jan 22, 2011 08:53:33 pm
      I say 32 JD. Will count again. Loved him basically telling sky to f**k off when they claimed the fans wanted to know. Class man

32 or 35, it was F***ing amazing!  And on that sticky pitch as well!

Boss post match interview from the King, love it.

Proper all-round team performance.  Raul shaded the MOTM for me, he was everywhere.  Great to see our Nando back as well.
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,683 posts | 3903 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #792: Jan 22, 2011 08:56:49 pm
      Surely that's 32. Torres was a shot
      corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #793: Jan 22, 2011 08:56:56 pm
      I thought I'd flicked over to Barcs match, Imagine the Hodgson household today.
      bigmick
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,078 posts | 2767 
      Reply #794: Jan 22, 2011 09:02:00 pm
       Couple of points now I've chilled down a bit. Firstly Mereiles and how good he was. I thought he was absolutely excellent, and I would firmly advocate him being left there, kind of in behind Torres even when Gerrard comes back. Gerrard can either slot in in front of Poulsen/Lucas, or as a flyer could play don the right (one of my little soap box issues that, I thought he was brilliant there). Mereiles though is class but unbelieveably lightwieght, might as well play him in a spot where his deficiencies are hidden somewhat.

2nd point is the squad. Though we played well today, it is STILL weak and needs strengthening. I notice some people are giving it the old "where are the doubters now" routine, but it's a sobering thought that if Torres had gone off, Kuyt would have been our lone striker. We need at least one more striker, a proper left back, a commanding centre half and probably another midfielder even to be in a position where we can realistically expect to push for a champions League slot IMHO, and that is a minumum to be totally honest.   
      KopKarl
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 587 posts |
      Reply #795: Jan 22, 2011 09:14:01 pm
      Couple of points now I've chilled down a bit. Firstly Mereiles and how good he was. I thought he was absolutely excellent, and I would firmly advocate him being left there, kind of in behind Torres even when Gerrard comes back. Gerrard can either slot in in front of Poulsen/Lucas, or as a flyer could play don the right (one of my little soap box issues that, I thought he was brilliant there). Mereiles though is class but unbelieveably lightwieght, might as well play him in a spot where his deficiencies are hidden somewhat.

2nd point is the squad. Though we played well today, it is STILL weak and needs strengthening. I notice some people are giving it the old "where are the doubters now" routine, but it's a sobering thought that if Torres had gone off, Kuyt would have been our lone striker. We need at least one more striker, a proper left back, a commanding centre half and probably another midfielder even to be in a position where we can realistically expect to push for a champions League slot IMHO, and that is a minumum to be totally honest.   
      I agree mick. Priority is a striker and then a CB IMO, we are so fragile in terms of injuries and a plan b in those areas and then look to strengthen the midfield and LB situation.
      bigears
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,125 posts | 287 
      • My bird looks great in red
      Reply #796: Jan 22, 2011 10:05:31 pm
      HE"S BACK  COME ON TORRES,now we"ll get the respect of the football fraternity again,it proves we were all right about hodgsons ,all the team needed was confidence,Kenny has given them that.
      KennyIsKing
      • Banned

• 4,628 posts | 129 
      Reply #797: Jan 22, 2011 10:16:48 pm
      I know Rauls goal was class, but for me, the 3rd goal was the best.

A wonderfull sight - 30-odd passes, and walking the ball in, it takes me back to the glory days.

Lucas was immense today, and this style of football suits him down to the ground - pass and move, keep the ball, apply pressure and switch the axis of attack when needed, but keep the ball and keep working the opposition, then gaps will appear.

I still gave MOTM to Raul though - superb today.
      PlymouthRed
      • Forum Youth Player

• 13 posts |
      Reply #798: Jan 22, 2011 10:57:24 pm
      Superb today
      top showing from the lads, things are looking up
      HampshireRed
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 702 posts |
      • If I'm not back in 15 minutes.....wait longer
      Reply #799: Jan 22, 2011 11:04:58 pm
      Our grandson loved watching his first win.  Loved it and the interview on sky was immense...bravo King Kenny...put sly spuds in their place
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,368 posts | 4973 
      Reply #800: Jan 22, 2011 11:42:44 pm
      Only saw the highlights as I had to work but we did look very good today.

So good to see so many players up supporting Nando and pushing forward and looked like everyone had a good game.
      redkop63

• 6,890 posts | 455 
      Reply #801: Jan 22, 2011 11:46:45 pm
      Everyone here thought that Meireles and Torres did very well and I'm no exception. However, I would also like to add on that the defence also did exceptionally well, can't single out any particular player. But Agger back in the squad may have brought back the stability. All crosses that came into our box got rebounded and I'm surprised to be praising Poulsen at half time, but as someone has just said when credit is due we have to give it, perhaps he couldn't take the 90 minutes and got tired. I'm sure Kenny and Steve would be able to condition him to play consistently over 90 mins. One thing I noticed in the game is when the goal was scored (can't remember which) Steve pat Kenny on the shoulder, that show's how happy he is for Kenny. Well, these are good signs, a head coach fully backing the manager.  From the game itself, I could only see us climbing the league table if we play consistently in the remaining games. We must also quickly get into the habit of scoring 2 or more goals to kill the game off. However, we need to quickly get a striker in to assist Torres. 9 points off a CL spot is not impossible, it's not like 19 though, but it will be tough from now on, we will have to beat the top 4 to get there. I'm sure Kenny and Steve knows what needs to be done to achieve that.
      little-Luis:)

• 7,844 posts | 179 
      Reply #802: Jan 23, 2011 12:42:03 am
      the chalkboard of our 3rd goal with all the passes if anyone fancies a look :)
      http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/chalkboards/1iFmzI3Xyl92g459yP09
      Dannylfc

• 5,010 posts | 174 
      • Always in our shadow.
      Reply #803: Jan 23, 2011 01:57:07 am
      Beautiful :)
      Alicus
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 988 posts | 15 
      Reply #804: Jan 23, 2011 07:17:04 am
      Anyone got a video for the full passes leading to the 3rd goal? I wanna see it again

Quick Reply