Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 1st of June and on this date LFC's match record is P6 W4 D2 L0

LFC Reds Poll

Q. Man of the Match?

Raul Meireles
      (79.5%)
      Fernando Torres
      (15%)
      Martin Skrtel
      (0%)
      Lucas Leiva
      (0.9%)
      Christian Poulsen
      (1.4%)
      Pepe Reina
      (0%)
      Martin Kelly
      (2.7%)
      Daniel Agger
      (0%)
      Glen Johnson
      (0%)
      Maxi Rodriguez
      (0%)
      Dirk Kuyt
      (0.5%)

Wolves 0-3 Liverpool - In game and Post Match Joy

Read 53197 times
      bigvYNWA
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,795 posts | 994 
      Re: Wolves 0-3 Liverpool - In game and Post Match Joy
      Reply #805: Jan 23, 2011 07:26:51 am

I'm guessing this is from warmups? Must have been getting some sh*t from Wolves fans, funny as f**k! :D
      ORCHARD RED
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,526 posts | 1457 
      • 6 Times!
      Reply #806: Jan 23, 2011 07:40:01 am

I'm guessing this is from warmups? Must have been getting some sh*t from Wolves fans, funny as f**k! :D
      That's brilliant :lmao: He'll probably get a fine though!
      bigvYNWA
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,795 posts | 994 
      Reply #807: Jan 23, 2011 07:47:11 am
      That's brilliant :lmao: He'll probably get a fine though!

Worth it in my opinion, not like he'll notice losing a days wage :D He looks so casual about it as well.
      solodee

• 6,036 posts | 147 
      • Liverpool FC All The Way
      Reply #808: Jan 23, 2011 08:21:13 am
      Sky Sports sensational Headlines

- Bent strike sink City
      - United batter Birmingham
      - Fellaini foils Hammers
      - Van triple slams Wigan
      - Lennon rescues Spurs
      - Dempsey seals Fulham win
      - Kenny gets off the Mark

Not 'Torres double kill Wolves'

Who cares! We won emphatically.
      keithlfc
      • Forum John Toshack

• 281 posts |
      Reply #809: Jan 23, 2011 10:56:01 am

- Bent strike sink City
      - Fellaini foils Hammers
      - Van triple slams Wigan
      - Lennon rescues Spurs

Are you surprised mate! f**k them the shower of cu*ts

Except for Thommo  ;)
      RedPuppy
      • Still European.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 19,262 posts | 2857 
      • Parum Rutilus Canis: Illegitimi non carborundum
      Reply #810: Jan 23, 2011 11:06:15 am

- Bent strike sink City
      - Fellaini foils Hammers
      - Van triple slams Wigan
      - Lennon rescues Spurs

Remember,

We WON....away from home.
      The win was comfortable.
      We played well.
      We did not conceded.
      Torres scored.

All good news, Good News and Liverpool equals NO NEWS. Especially with News International & BSky.
      Adryan
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,704 posts | 378 
      • Cut my veins open and I bleed Liverpool Red.
      Reply #811: Jan 23, 2011 11:42:33 am
      Just watched the highlights and it was so amazing to see Liverpool play football again.

Kenny has really turned things around in just 2 weeks. Glad he finally got his first win and keeps going on from there.

I thought the whole team did well, from keeper to striker. An amazingly, for an away game, which we usually are woeful in, it was great to see Torres having tons of support from Meireles, Kuyt and Maxi. Everytime one of the four has the ball, the other three are supporting. It was just brilliant.

And no, Meireles wasn't offside for the first goal. The lineswoman got it right and it's pitiful she got criticised for 'not knowing the offside rule' when replays show it was Zubar, I think, who played him onside and he himself raised his arm for an offside call! Unselflish of Meireles to square it and yeah, he was able to pass to both Torres and Maxi.

And what an incredible volley from Meireles, his second in as many games to make it 2-0. Probably one of the best goals in the league so far.

For the third goal, wow! 30+ passes before the goal. Johnson, Reina, Agger, Lucas, Kuyt, Meireles, Aurelio, Shelvey and Torres all touched the ball. Only Kelly and Skrtel did not :laugh:.

All in all, that was a much needed win and very much improved away performance. It is great to see Torres hitting the back of the net often again and it's great to watch Liverpool play like this once again!
      « Last Edit: Jan 23, 2011 11:49:39 am by Adryan »
      LFCexiled
      Reply #812: Jan 23, 2011 12:29:13 pm
      Looks like an own goal by the terrible twosome, caught out at yesterdays match.

Sky Sports presenters Keys and Gray score an own goal as microphone picks up sexist diatribe against female linesman - and Apprentice star Karren Brady

Sky Sports presenters Andy Gray and Richard Keys are at the centre of a sexism row after they questioned whether a female assistant referee knew the offside rule during a Premier League match.

The commentators, who apparently believed their microphones were switched off, were recorded making disparaging remarks about Sian Massey, 25, before Liverpool’s Premier League clash with Wolves on Saturday.

They also criticised Apprentice star and West Ham vice-chairman Karren Brady, who had written about sexism in a newspaper column on Saturday.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-1349790/Richard-Keys-Andy-Gray-sexist-rant-female-linesman.html#ixzz1BrS7SGqn

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2011/01_04/sky.mp3
      tezmac
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,289 posts | 937 
      • F**k the Sun F**k Murdoch F**k the press
      Reply #813: Jan 23, 2011 12:40:09 pm
      Played well yesterday, nice to see fluid attacking football, and a clean sheet as well. Thought the whole team played well, even Poulson. The diffeence between what we saw yesterday and what we witnessed at Anfield last month.

And that difference.... Kenny Dalglish, well here is to looking forward to happy awat days again, thanks Kenny.
      hardcoresoldier
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,160 posts | 1288 
      • The Liverpool Way is The Only Way
      Reply #814: Jan 23, 2011 02:55:17 pm
      What a day it was yesterday, what I saw was a total dismemberment of the rigid system we've been employing for the last 2-3 years. It was a totally different Liverpool, totally different players, totally different attitudes and a completely different outlook from the Master. Make no mistake about this, Kenny Dalglish has totally transformed this group of players. While a lot of credit has to go to Clarke, Lee and the other backroom staff it is the presence of one man only that has galvanised this Club. That man is Kenny Dalglish.

When i saw the central midfield trio of Lucas, Poulsen and Meireles I had that gloomy feeling normally associated with two of the selection. Poulsen getting booked for a ridiculously stupid and needless hack on Ward in the opening minutes had me seething, even though Ward made a three course meal out of it. I wondered what was Kenny's reasoning behind the selection but what I saw unfold before my eyes I could never have envisaged. Kenny had given the players something they had been starved of for a long long time, freedom to express themselves!.

There was no set anchorman in this formation, he trusted the trio to use their instincts and cover each other as and when required. Every player was given a free role and it was a joy to behold. Lucas looked like a totally different player, getting forward on a few occasions, Poulsen was playing incisive passes and tracking back well and Meireles, well, this style of play is clearly suited to his skill set. I really can't believe that I'm posting this positively about our central midfield area, something I've been unable to do for some time.

Meireles pass to Torres for his first chance of the game was Alonsoesque and I fully expected Torres to score, it wasn't to be. The Torres backheel to Meireles for his first chance was sublime also. Poulsen's pass to Meireles for the first goal was top drawer, I couldn't believe what I was seeing, inch perfect and Meireles was able to run onto it and take it in his stride. I fully expected him to pull the trigger but he played an inch perfect pass to Torres for him to tap in, great vision and awareness from Meireles.

We were all over the park in the first half, Kelly was once again immense, getting forward at every opportunity and solid at the back, he really is undroppable.

When we came out for the second half, Mick McCarthy's team talk had obviously been taken on board. They started to pressure us from the off and it looked like we were in for a rocky ride again. Then out of nowhere Lucas brilliantly headed a clearance to the feet of Maxi who played a sublime pass over the top into the path of Kuyt. As per usual Kuyt fu**ed it up, instead of taking it round the keeper he tried toe poking it through his legs. A perfect chance to kill the game off. Luckily for Kuyt, Meireles had his shooting boots on. The confidence to take on the volley was what impressed me most, that screamer against Everton has boosted him no end. And what a volley it was, the technique, the power and the unbelievable dip he got on it was perfect. Hennessey had absolutely no chance.

It was then that Wolves stepped up a gear and I think it's fair to say we spent most of the second half under the cosh. Ward and Jarvis were giving Kelly a stern test on that left flank and Kelly passed the test with flying colours. It looked like we were going back into ourselves as the fluidity started to remove itself from our play. Skrtel had a nightmare game again as time and time again he was turned inside out and beaten in the air. We were starting to run out of ideas. Kenny could see this and brought Shelvey on to mix it up.

The substitution almost proved to be an instant masterstroke. Torres with a brilliant through ball to Meireles who floated in a beautiful pass to Shelvey who controlled it brilliantly first time but leaned back on connection and put it just over. The other substitute, Hammill, caused us no end of problems and I almost had that feeling that we were going to be undone by a former player. He fired a fair few dangerous crosses in and should have scored as well. We looked nervous and agitated when we shouldn't have been, we were 2 goals up. Then came the long overdue substitution of Maxi for Aurelio, Kenny looking to provide back up for Johnson against Hammill. Good management and awareness from Kenny again, changing things when they need to be changed.

Then at last, we killed the game off. A delightful through ball from Johnson to Kuyt and guess what, yes, Kuyt fu**ed it up again and it was pure luck that the ball ricocheted to Torres and he lapped it up and it was finally game over.

I'd like to say that Torres was immense yesterday, Stearman kicked the sh*t out of him all game and he took it all in his stride. He scored 2 goals and was instrumental in setting up plenty of chances for his team mates. The fire is definitely back in his belly and that is all down to Dalglish. Torres has immersed himself in the Club's traditions and cultures since his arrival. For him to sit in the changing room with the greatest Liverpool player of all time giving him his team talk and advice is like a dream come true for him. The very man he idolises is now his manager and he can finally see that we are going in the right direction.

My only gripe with the performance yesterday was again our total lack of width and pace on the flanks. We were so narrow yesterday that we seriously limited our attacking options and Kenny has obviously identified this as a major problem. Ashley Young is a prime target and I'm hoping we can at least acquire one wide man this window. Kuyt and Maxi were wasteful again, yes they worked hard but that's not good enough anymore.

I'm also interested to see what happens with Johnson. I know he's only playing left back at the moment as cover but I really can't see him ousting Kelly now, that right back slot is his now. Hopefully Kenny will give him a crack on the right side of midfield or he moves Kelly in the middle to replace Skrtel and puts Johnson back in at right back. Skrtel has been very poor recently and I don't think anyone can question that we miss Carragher desperately. Shelvey played really well and is playing more regularly as each week passes, Dalglish is easing him in gently but more importantly is sticking with him.

Despite his 2 goals and all round scintillating display, MOTM for me has to go to Meireles. Not just for the goal, his link up play with Torres was a joy to watch, he was everywhere and looked like a completely different player than the one under Roy Hodgson. Proof if ever it was needed that man management skills are very important and that Dalglish possesses them in abundance.

Remember that these are the same players that were turning out drivel at the start of the season, the difference?, a certain Mr. Dalglish. He has turned this team around in a matter of weeks, he has given them freedom to express themselves and most importantly, he's got them playing for each other. Never in a million years would I have expected to post this positively this soon in Kenny's tenure and that is testament to a true legend!.

LONG LIVE THE KING! YOU'LL NEVER WALK ALONE !
      « Last Edit: Jan 23, 2011 03:23:00 pm by hardcoresoldier »
      bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Reply #815: Jan 23, 2011 03:49:26 pm
      What a day it was yesterday, what I saw was a total dismemberment of the rigid system we've been employing for the last 2-3 years.

First off; an excellent post all 'round hardcore, so I apologise for lifting just one part.

Two 'systems', one more successful than the other (admittedly) but both rigid. As you (and some others) will be aware, I've been bemoaning (for quite some while) the unwillingness of our management to fix things when they're broken rather than just have faith that all will come good. Rather than a manager having a stubborn belief in his 'system', I believe he must first have faith in his players.

Many of us have cried out for the players to be let of the leash - we saw what they could do against Real and the scum, for e.g., so we know they're good enough but that was all too rare.

I believe that we're seeing the seeds of that 'ethos' being instilled as the 'norm' and with a few additions, that's when we'll realise our potential.

I'm a happy bunny.

hardcoresoldier
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,160 posts | 1288 
      • The Liverpool Way is The Only Way
      Reply #816: Jan 23, 2011 03:57:12 pm
      First off; an excellent post all 'round hardcore, so I apologise for lifting just one part.

Two 'systems', one more successful than the other (admittedly) but both rigid. As you (and some others) will be aware, I've been bemoaning (for quite some while) the unwillingness of our management to fix things when they're broken rather than just have faith that all will come good. Rather than a manager having a stubborn belief in his 'system', I believe he must first have faith in his players.

Many of us have cried out for the players to be let of the leash - we saw what they could do against Real and the scum, for e.g., so we know they're good enough but that was all too rare.

I believe that we're seeing the seeds of that 'ethos' being instilled as the 'norm' and with a few additions, that's when we'll realise our potential.

I'm a happy bunny.

Agreed, Dalglish has come in and asked a bunch of football players to go out and just play football.

Such a simple game yet many managers choose to complicate it.
      ronaldo7net
      • On Trial

• 2 posts |
      Reply #817: Jan 23, 2011 03:59:25 pm
      What a tremendous goal that was from Meireles. Probably his best so far...
      I uploaded the goal in HD to youtube, with english commentary:

Wolverhampton 0-3 Liverpool ( Raul Meireles goal in HD )
      Junior_Red
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 926 posts |
      Reply #818: Jan 23, 2011 04:19:34 pm
      I've yet to see our 3rd goal in all its glory, sky are only showing Kuyts run and and the finish, and MOTD didn't even give it a second run.
      little-Luis:)

• 7,844 posts | 179 
      Reply #819: Jan 23, 2011 04:31:08 pm
      You see how eeire Meireles's goal sounds as the Wolves crowd are first in awe and then silenced :)
      LFCexiled
      Reply #820: Jan 23, 2011 06:32:40 pm

Probably me least favourite username for a long time.

Did you pop in to promote your sickly named website perchance?
      wallbanger
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,181 posts |
      Reply #821: Jan 23, 2011 07:48:49 pm
      the game against wolves was the liverpool of old focussed  and passionate. meireles think he will get better as time goes on. dont see any negatives at all from the game. think kenny has inspired them to play at higher level. torres back to his best now 
      Adryan
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,704 posts | 378 
      • Cut my veins open and I bleed Liverpool Red.
      Reply #822: Jan 24, 2011 12:40:50 am
      I saw Torres standing in the line at the start after Reina and Agger. Reina is captain so he leads the way and Torres says he'd only go out of the tunnel after the most important players in the team.

So, this basically means he rates Agger ;)
      jonshiels
      • Forum Youth Player

• 15 posts |
      Reply #823: Jan 24, 2011 01:08:41 am
      Dalglish on his celebrations: "If you're standing there and you can't enjoy somebody scoring a goal for you, or winning a match, then I shouldn't be standing there. It's not an act. It's just spontaneous. I'd be disappointed if I didn't have a smile." (from Telegraph http://tgr.ph/ifAsFQ )

It's refreshing to see a manager of ours actually celebrating a goal. Rafa and Roy came across like they had no passion for the club.
      jonshiels
      • Forum Youth Player

• 15 posts |
      Reply #824: Jan 24, 2011 01:10:49 am
      Agreed, Dalglish has come in and asked a bunch of football players to go out and just play football.
      Such a simple game yet many managers choose to complicate it.

Harry Redknapp says that he tells Modric and van der Vaart to just go out and play football. Sometimes I think that's what players need to hear.
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,665 posts | 3899 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #825: Jan 24, 2011 01:15:11 am
      Reina, Dagger, Torres - first three out. To answer the question. Poulson last. Make of that what you will
      Dexter
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,279 posts | 116 
      Reply #826: Jan 24, 2011 01:15:35 am
      Harry Redknapp says that he tells Modric and van der Vaart to just go out and play football. Sometimes I think that's what players need to hear.
      Depends on the player. Good creative players thrive in free roles, other players thrive if they're given certain tasks and duties. Unfortunately not every player has the same level of football intelligence.
      dunlop liddell shankly
      • 2009 LFC quiz champion (now to be known as "Kate")
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,144 posts | 3383 
      Reply #827: Jan 24, 2011 01:22:11 am

Which makes the Everton goal his worst in a Liverpool shirt?

Quick Reply