Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 27th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P29 W13 D5 L11

Ryan Giggs

Read 9771 times
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley
      • Started Topic

• 19,255 posts | 2820 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Ryan Giggs
      Jan 22, 2011 05:25:23 pm
      I think its fair to say that Im as Liverpool through an through as anyone but I have to give fair credit to Giggs

Hes a gem of a player. At the age hes at to have such an effect on his team is huge credit to him. He controlled the game for them today

Add to that hes a quiet fella not in the paper every day about this and that I have to say he has huge respect from me. Fantastic footballer with a fantastic brain and great skills

Rob Jones owned him though
      « Last Edit: Jan 23, 2011 10:51:57 am by Brian78 »
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Re: Ryan Giggs
      Reply #1: Jan 23, 2011 12:16:57 am
      Fantastic player but he's a c**t.

Move him to the c**t thread.
      Adryan
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,704 posts | 378 
      • Cut my veins open and I bleed Liverpool Red.
      Reply #2: Jan 23, 2011 12:24:16 am
      Well, I second that, Brian.

I usually hate most of the Manc players but I have respect for Ryan Giggs. He's spent more than half of his life at Old Trafford and I respect him for that.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,255 posts | 4932 
      Reply #3: Jan 23, 2011 12:25:09 am
      I have to agree Brian as I have a begrudging respect for Giggs.

An excellent player who just gets on with playing football and now he is getting on a bit he still is quality on the pitch.

Still think his Footballer of the year award was a sympathy vote as he was probably overlooked when he was in his prime. Never should have won it that year.
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #4: Jan 23, 2011 12:36:11 am
      Yeah, I have big respect for Giggs, but like a lot of people fail to understand how he won player of the year and sports personality of the year awards, when he wasn't even utd player of the year that year, in fact he barely played.

Still though, a modern day great.
      RedPuppy
      • Still European.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 19,253 posts | 2855 
      • Parum Rutilus Canis: Illegitimi non carborundum
      Reply #5: Jan 23, 2011 10:12:28 am
      No respect from me.

Above average player I'll give you that.

Never been linked to another club, why?

Took the easy option and chose Wales instead of England, OK he may be Welsh and and can not stand England, but the times he has been "injured" on a Tuesday so he can not play for his country on Wednesday, but is fit to play on the following Saturday. Yeh. Really wants to play for his country.

Always in the Refs face.

Plays for the scum.

No respect.
      bigvYNWA
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,795 posts | 994 
      Reply #6: Jan 23, 2011 10:15:48 am
      He's a manc.

Therefore he can go F**k himself. That's about as much respect as im willing to give right now.

gareth g
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 15,469 posts | 366 
      Reply #7: Jan 23, 2011 12:46:45 pm
      Total respect from me, he's more loyal to his club than his country yes, and is a manc, but as far as i'm concerned he's a true pro.
      And never been linked to another club, Carra springs to mind, LOYAL.
      angusmccoatup
      • Forum Markus Babbel

• 74 posts | 12 
      Reply #8: Jan 24, 2011 01:42:01 am

No respect from me.

Took the easy option and chose Wales instead of England, OK he may be Welsh and and can not stand England, but the times he has been "injured" on a Tuesday so he can not play for his country on Wednesday, but is fit to play on the following Saturday. Yeh. Really wants to play for his country.

Always in the Refs face.

Plays for the scum.

No respect.

Pretty blinkered post Red Puppy and one I complete disagree with. Giggs represents all that is best about the modern player - decent player who lives a respectable lifestyle, shown commendable loyalty and never makes headlines for the wrong reasons.  Give me a few like this at Anfield anyday.

Factually incorrect as well - Giggs was heavily linked with Juve in the 90's and chose Wales as a consequence of his parents divorce. 
      « Last Edit: Jan 24, 2011 01:48:19 am by angusmccoatup, Reason: Messed up quotes »
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #9: Jan 24, 2011 01:50:12 am
      Pretty blinkered post Red Puppy and one I complete disagree with. Giggs represents all that is best about the modern player - decent player who lives a respectable lifestyle, shown commendable loyalty and never makes headlines for the wrong reasons.  Give me a few like this at Anfield anyday.

Factually incorrect as well - Giggs was heavily linked with Juve in the 90's and chose Wales as a consequence of his parents divorce. 

Yup.

To still be playing in his position at his age at the highest level at a title chasing side, - without being patronising, is deserving of respect in itself. He is still in tip top condition. Could easily play till 40.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #10: Jan 24, 2011 02:48:46 am
      Respect is a two way street. He's talked about our club in a negative fashion, and his club puts down our achievements and current/past players.

Good on him for what he's achieved but that is all.
      bigvYNWA
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,795 posts | 994 
      Reply #11: Jan 24, 2011 05:49:37 am
      Pretty blinkered post Red Puppy and one I complete disagree with. Giggs represents all that is best about the modern player - decent player who lives a respectable lifestyle, shown commendable loyalty and never makes headlines for the wrong reasons.  Give me a few like this at Anfield anyday.

He's still a F***ing manc. And has no respect for us.

Course he F***ing stayed at man united as well, they have been good the whole time. If they had gone downhill when he was in his prime, he woulda fu**ed off as well im sure.

People are painting him as a saint. F**k, hes had a good career ill give him that. But he also got lucky that he ended up at united rather than somewhere else.

Manc = scum. Thats how i see it. I'm over being a good sport, i hate the F***ing lot of them and they can all rot in hell as far as im concerned.
      RedPuppy
      • Still European.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 19,253 posts | 2855 
      • Parum Rutilus Canis: Illegitimi non carborundum
      Reply #12: Jan 25, 2011 11:03:37 pm

Blinkered! I'm a Liverpool supporter, what do you expect?

You too are factually incorrect. Giggs chose Wales, as he is Welsh. :lmao: And could not have played for England.

Still no respect. Manc.

PGlynn91
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,601 posts | 295 
      • To win just once...
      Reply #13: Jan 25, 2011 11:10:29 pm
      Respect him but just can't like him!

He has won 11 leagues and 2 European Cups with United so I can't like him!
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #14: Jan 25, 2011 11:11:44 pm

Manc = scum. Thats how i see it. I'm over being a good sport, i hate the F***ing lot of them and they can all rot in hell as far as im concerned.

Well Keith aint gonna come back now is he? :P
      bigvYNWA
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,795 posts | 994 
      Reply #15: Jan 26, 2011 12:49:03 am
      Well Keith aint gonna come back now is he? :P

If he keeps up his 'Mancs wanting respect' campaign then he can stay the F**k away in my opinion.

I liked Keith, but he was being F***ing retarded if he thinks we are gonna bend over and lick scum ass just because his sorry secret-Liverpool-loving ass was on this forum. Seriously, Mancs piss me off with their sense of entitlement and Keith did well for awhile and then ruined it when he tried to be a manc moderating a Liverpool forum. WTF.

Giggs, well done on what you have 'achieved' with your whiskey sniffing fucktard of a manager. Any other team at any other time he would not have achieved that miuch. And i simply downright hate the man. ANy person who could put up with Alex Fergsicum for that long must be equally a c**t, in my honest opinion.

Well done. Now go F**k yourself you rotten peice of sh*t.
      Roddenberry
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 16,568 posts | 1876 
      Reply #16: Jan 26, 2011 01:54:11 am
      I hate him cause he had Dani Behr. One of my first teenage crushes.
      Harry_Beadles
      • Forum Geoff Strong

• 209 posts |
      • He who laughs last didn't get it.
      Reply #17: Jan 26, 2011 02:06:57 am
      No respect from me.

Always in the Refs face.

Plays for the scum.

No respect.

He was regularly linked to a few teams in Italy Inter I think being the main one.
      He was born in Cardiff and didn't move to England untill he was 8 or 9
      i would also argue the easy option would have been choosing England over Wales
      The welsh FA could not afford to pay the insurance most off the time and would say he was injured as an excuse for not playing him.

fantastic player would probably like him if he played at any other club, I just struggle to like a player who is/has been a manc, especially if it's under whisky nose
      djpailo
      • Forum Markus Babbel

• 79 posts |
      Reply #18: Jan 26, 2011 09:18:18 pm
      If he keeps up his 'Mancs wanting respect' campaign then he can stay the f**k away in my opinion.

I liked Keith, but he was being f**king retarded if he thinks we are gonna bend over and lick scum ass just because his sorry secret-Liverpool-loving ass was on this forum. Seriously, Mancs piss me off with their sense of entitlement and Keith did well for awhile and then ruined it when he tried to be a manc moderating a Liverpool forum. WTF.

Giggs, well done on what you have 'achieved' with your whiskey sniffing fucktard of a manager. Any other team at any other time he would not have achieved that miuch. And I simply downright hate the man. ANy person who could put up with Alex Fergsicum for that long must be equally a c**t, in my honest opinion.

Well done. Now go f**k yourself you rotten peice of sh*t.

So lets get this straight:

-You hate him because he is from Manchester.
      -You hate him because he stayed with the same employer.
      -You hate him because he was successful.

Sounds to me like you are jealous. At least that most fans here are sane and accept he is a pro. You just sound like you need to grow up. Have you even got a job?
      bigvYNWA
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,795 posts | 994 
      Reply #19: Jan 26, 2011 11:00:46 pm
      Well I'd rather not answer such a pr**k of a post, but I should answer your questions.

1- yes, any manc player I hate. Not that uncommon, no?
      2- yeah, I hate fergie and being biased like any true fan has some of, I hate him for having put up with such a c**t for so long. Very biased I know, I accept it.
      3- did I say I hate him because of success? No, I said I think he got lucky to be part of some great teams and thus is the reason for all of his success. If he had been here over that time he wouldn't have it, so I'm not gonna say I respect him just cos he has a bunch of medals. I accept he is a good player, doesn't mean I have to respect him.

I'm not jealous at all. I have a shirt on right now with 8 Gerrard on the back, that's a man I love and respect. Why would I be jealous? I'm a Liverpool supporter, I have absolutely nothing to be jealous of. I love my club.

Oh, and I'm 23 and at college, getting good grades. Before college I worked hard on the family farm for 3 years, making a decent living. 

Just thought I'd clarify that before you call me some jealous, childish, jobless bum again.
      redkenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 24,912 posts | 1058 
      • 97 - Always Remembered
      Reply #20: Jan 26, 2011 11:10:42 pm
      You just sound like you need to grow up. Have you even got a job?

You sound like someone who's not going to last long on here.
      MsGerrard
      Reply #21: Jan 26, 2011 11:12:54 pm
      You sound like someone who's not going to last long on here.

:lmao: Ms Gerrard likes this  ;)
      djpailo
      • Forum Markus Babbel

• 79 posts |
      Reply #22: Jan 26, 2011 11:49:30 pm
      Well I'd rather not answer such a pr**k of a post, but I should answer your questions.

1- yes, any manc player I hate. Not that uncommon, no?
      2- yeah, I hate fergie and being biased like any true fan has some of, I hate him for having put up with such a c**t for so long. Very biased I know, I accept it.
      3- did I say I hate him because of success? No, I said I think he got lucky to be part of some great teams and thus is the reason for all of his success. If he had been here over that time he wouldn't have it, so I'm not gonna say I respect him just cos he has a bunch of medals. I accept he is a good player, doesn't mean I have to respect him.

I'm not jealous at all. I have a shirt on right now with 8 Gerrard on the back, that's a man I love and respect. Why would I be jealous? I'm a Liverpool supporter, I have absolutely nothing to be jealous of. I love my club.

Oh, and I'm 23 and at college, getting good grades. Before college I worked hard on the family farm for 3 years, making a decent living. 

Just thought I'd clarify that before you call me some jealous, childish, jobless bum again.

You clearly implied ANYONE from manchester you hate:
      He's a manc.

Therefore he can go f**k himself. That's about as much respect as im willing to give right now.

Thats why I was confused. Of course I would understand you disliking a manchester United player. But you didn't say that at all.

2. Okay you hate Fergie. Your entitled to. But my point was that how can you hate someone else for playing under him? Seems quite strange to me. Liverpool have had a few managers. You can't have liked all of them. Did you suddenly stop liking your players because you didn't like the manager? I don't think so.

I couldn't care less about what you have done in your life. But the way you conducted yourself over the internet, just because you have some anonymity, was silly. All the other comments were at least reasonable from Liverpool fans which is why I only responded to yours. And yes, you are being childish.

With regards to Gerrard, yes he is a great player, but how you can respect him I don't know, because I remember he wanted to leave for Chelsea. Maybe its because it was a few years ago and time heals though.

Quick Reply