Trending Topics

Next match: Atalanta v LFC [Europa League] Thu 18th Apr @ 8:00 pm - Pre Match Topic
      Stadio di Bergamo

Today is the 16th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P31 W16 D7 L8

ICC Cricket World Cup

Read 35414 times
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,067 posts | 8513 
      Re: ICC Cricket World Cup
      Reply #207: Mar 26, 2011 03:39:35 pm
      Sri Lanka 179-0

Becoming a walk in the park for them.
      niksluvslfc
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,234 posts | 23 
      Reply #208: Mar 26, 2011 04:16:43 pm
      Sri Lanka kicked some proper ass there , amazing innings by them and 2 centuries. Amazing !
      thereds13
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,206 posts | 18 
      Reply #209: Mar 26, 2011 07:56:24 pm
      F***ing hell, we could have been a strong force if we hadn't played all them bloody odi's in Australia, the team have been in England four days since November.
      bigvYNWA
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,795 posts | 994 
      Reply #210: Mar 27, 2011 12:22:44 am
      F***ing hell, we could have been a strong force if we hadn't played all them bloody odi's in Australia, the team have been in England four days since November.

Excuses. You were sh*t in Australia in the ODI's as well - just face the facts that England have not sorted out there ODI in the same way they have test cricket.

Well done to India by the way, Aussies aren't the force we have been but still did well. Chatted to an indian bloke in the shuttle from the airport last night and he was over the moon. At least he is a decent fan though, says he loves a lot of the aussie players and has a lot of respect for them. Unlike some...
      jindaldhruv
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,805 posts | 24 
      • Football is my religion. Steven Gerrard is my God.
      Reply #211: Mar 27, 2011 04:35:47 am
      Excuses. You were sh*t in Australia in the ODI's as well - just face the facts that England have not sorted out there ODI in the same way they have test cricket.

Well done to India by the way, Aussies aren't the force we have been but still did well. Chatted to an indian bloke in the shuttle from the airport last night and he was over the moon. At least he is a decent fan though, says he loves a lot of the aussie players and has a lot of respect for them. Unlike some...

I like some Aussie players as well ( mainly Lee and earlier Gilchrist ). More out of respect for what they have achieved and what they are capable of. I for one didn't write them off before the WC.

But I think this enemity against the Aussies that you say some Indians have is mainly due to their cricketing rivalry.
      Say like Liverpool and United. Not much different from that.
      vik94
      • Forum Ronnie Moran

• 403 posts |
      Reply #212: Mar 27, 2011 06:49:53 am
      I like some Aussie players as well ( mainly Lee and earlier Gilchrist ). More out of respect for what they have achieved and what they are capable of. I for one didn't write them off before the WC.

But I think this enemity against the Aussies that you say some Indians have is mainly due to their cricketing rivalry.
      Say like Liverpool and United. Not much different from that.
      And the sledging techniques used by them doesn't help the case.
      bigvYNWA
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,795 posts | 994 
      Reply #213: Mar 27, 2011 07:06:34 am
      And the sledging techniques used by them doesn't help the case.

Oh toughen up.
      vik94
      • Forum Ronnie Moran

• 403 posts |
      Reply #214: Mar 27, 2011 10:22:34 am
      Of course we have toughened up.I am just saying that adds a little more rivalry between the teams and supporters.
      jindaldhruv
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,805 posts | 24 
      Reply #215: Mar 27, 2011 07:46:20 pm
      I enjoy sledging TBH. What's the fun without a bit of agressiveness? :D
      thereds13
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,206 posts | 18 
      Reply #216: Mar 27, 2011 07:50:50 pm

Come on mate, we beat you and Pakistan in the summer in one dayers.
      bigvYNWA
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,795 posts | 994 
      Reply #217: Mar 27, 2011 08:55:33 pm

Same :D All of em do it, i remember reading David Boons book and there have been some classic sledges! It's part of the game, as long as it doesn't cross racial or any other lines its all good.

Come on mate, we beat you and Pakistan in the summer in one dayers.

Wow, you won a series almost a year ago! Well done. You got spanked in Australia in the one dayers and everyone acknowledged there were problems. You can't blame travel, every team in world cricket has to travel a lot these days.
      thereds13
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,206 posts | 18 
      Reply #218: Mar 27, 2011 09:42:37 pm
      We have missed alot of players through injuries caused by too much cricket though.
      bigvYNWA
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,795 posts | 994 
      Reply #219: Mar 27, 2011 10:01:40 pm
      We have missed alot of players through injuries caused by too much cricket though.

And we have had the same issue for years, because of too much cricket. I don't like the fact that the calender is so full these days, but it is for everyone - you guys simply were not good enough, no excuses. Same for us.
      thereds13
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,206 posts | 18 
      Reply #220: Mar 27, 2011 10:37:24 pm
      I know mate and I don't like to make excuses, but if we were those would be the ones I'd offer. It's annoying how we played though, we have alot of talented players.
      vik94
      • Forum Ronnie Moran

• 403 posts |
      Reply #221: Mar 28, 2011 06:49:50 am
      Yeah,adds an edge to the game.Also increases the support cause I get all worked up and get behind the team a bit more "loudly".
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #222: Mar 28, 2011 06:57:33 am
      Quite simply England were going into the tournament, after a pointlessly long Ashes tour, the one dayers just went on forever! To have 4 days at home in the space of 4 months must be pretty tough going and poor thinking from the organizers.

No doubt we would never have won the competition, but performances would have been better, and injuries less.

Hope they get some well deserved rest, and get revenge on Sri Lanka in the summer.

I'm sure Strauss will be retiring from ODI cricket in the next few days. Prioritise for the real cricket :D
      redindian
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,970 posts | 236 
      Reply #223: Mar 28, 2011 07:44:38 am

TBH, I was surprised at the way the aussie media took the defeat. I read some columns in the SMH and an article by Peter Roebuck. It is unlike aussies to actually give credit to the opponents (when they play well) :P
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,246 posts | 2799 
      Reply #224: Mar 30, 2011 06:18:37 pm
      YESSSSSSSSSS!!!!

India through to the final!!!!
      vik94
      • Forum Ronnie Moran

• 403 posts |
      Reply #225: Mar 30, 2011 06:34:59 pm
      Yes!We are through to the finals.
      Arrie
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,763 posts | 64 
      • Being safe is risky nowadays.
      Reply #226: Mar 30, 2011 07:00:49 pm
      F***ing Get In!!!

India India India India India India India India

BLEED BLUE.
      bigvYNWA
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,795 posts | 994 
      Reply #227: Mar 30, 2011 07:49:19 pm

Just because its the cricket thread, its still not okay to say that.

;)
      jindaldhruv
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,805 posts | 24 
      Reply #228: Mar 31, 2011 04:40:48 am
      Still BUZZING from last night. ;D
      Terrific atmosphere, fantastic support, awesome scenes after the match.

I can bet there can't be another atmosphere remotely close to this one. And not saying that just because I was there.

Time to kill Sri Lanka now!  :f_whistle:
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #229: Mar 31, 2011 06:57:43 am
      Come on Sri Lanka! Only because of Murali. He's a chucker but he's been great for cricket and a top fella. Last World Cup for a cricketing legend.

Quick Reply