Trending Topics

Next match: Fulham v LFC [Premier League] Sun 21st Apr @ 4:30 pm
      Craven Cottage

Today is the 19th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P32 W19 D8 L5

ICC Cricket World Cup

Read 35432 times
      bigvYNWA
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,795 posts | 994 
      Re: ICC Cricket World Cup
      Reply #23: Feb 21, 2011 07:51:42 am
      Our media is F***ing sh*t, i hate it. Biased and jerk their knees more than some of the worst ive seen on here.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #24: Feb 21, 2011 08:14:20 am
      Just one month ago they were saying Clarke should be axed. Now he's the prodigal son once more and should replace Ponting as captain right now because of the one day series.

I F***ing hate them. Especially channel 7. Never a positive F***ing word said.
      jindaldhruv
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,805 posts | 24 
      • Football is my religion. Steven Gerrard is my God.
      Reply #25: Feb 21, 2011 10:28:43 am
      Just one month ago they were saying Clarke should be axed. Now he's the prodigal son once more and should replace Ponting as captain right now because of the one day series.

I F***ing hate them. Especially channel 7. Never a positive F***ing word said.

Well, that happens with every team mate. Media is fickle minded, one moment they go on raving about a player. One bad tournament and its the other way around then. And vice versa.

I remember the stick that Sourav Ganguly and Rahul Dravid got after the 2007 WC. They were two of the best players of their generation, years of winning laurels for the country, leading the team to the WC finals in 2003, too. One bad WC and they were treated poorly and unfairly. Hate the media. >:(

The media here already chucking dirt on our team, the cu*ts. Saying Sri Lanka and India are deserved favourites after beating the cricketing powerhouse nations of Bangladesh and Canada :roll:

I hate our F***ing media. Support the F***ing team!

Atleast there's none of that problem with our media. They F***ing treat the boys like demi-gods, and saying every time "this team is better than the one we had last time around, this could be India's year" :D
      They never give up.
      LFCMau
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,747 posts | 11 
      • 100% LFC, without doubt!
      Reply #26: Feb 21, 2011 10:36:34 am
      uh, Cricket??!!  Don't understand a thing ;D
      Arrie
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,763 posts | 64 
      • Being safe is risky nowadays.
      Reply #27: Feb 21, 2011 12:50:18 pm
      Well, that happens with every team mate. Media is fickle minded, one moment they go on raving about a player. One bad tournament and its the other way around then. And vice versa.

I remember the stick that Sourav Ganguly and Rahul Dravid got after the 2007 WC. They were two of the best players of their generation, years of winning laurels for the country, leading the team to the WC finals in 2003, too. One bad WC and they were treated poorly and unfairly. Hate the media. >:(

Ganguly is f***in sh*t. He and Dalmiya were literally running the indian cricket for many years. I still remember a phase when he was literally out of form for years and still manage to retain his position as captain.

Right thing that he was slated by media to death.
      jindaldhruv
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,805 posts | 24 
      Reply #28: Feb 21, 2011 01:12:38 pm
      Ganguly is f***in sh*t. He and Dalmiya were literally running the indian cricket for many years. I still remember a phase when he was literally out of form for years and still manage to retain his position as captain.

Right thing that he was slated by media to death.
      Don't know too much about Dalmiya and don't give a F**k about him.

But no person who understands and likes cricket, in his right senses, can call Ganguly sh*t. The man went out of form later in his career but who doesn't? He wasn't out of form "for many years" as you have said. It was basically since his rift with the then coach Greg Chappell that his downfall began.

Fact remains that he was the most successful captain of the Indian team in history, a good person and a F***ing BRILLIANT BATSMAN. He was one of the most stylish in his batting and most prolific in scoring.

7000+ runs in Tests and 11000+ runs in ODIs don't come from a sh*t batsman.
      And his passion for the game was unquestionable. Refer to the game at Lord's between India and England many years back when India chased down 326.

Next time you diss an Indian cricket legend on front of an Indian, think twice.  ;)  ;D
      Arrie
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,763 posts | 64 
      Reply #29: Feb 21, 2011 01:43:38 pm
      Don't know too much about Dalmiya and don't give a f**k about him.

But no person who understands and likes cricket, in his right senses, can call Ganguly sh*t. The man went out of form later in his career but who doesn't? He wasn't out of form "for many years" as you have said. It was basically since his rift with the then coach Greg Chappell that his downfall began.

Fact remains that he was the most successful captain of the Indian team in history, a good person and a F***ing BRILLIANT BATSMAN. He was one of the most stylish in his batting and most prolific in scoring.

7000+ runs in Tests and 11000+ runs in ODIs don't come from a sh*t batsman.
      And his passion for the game was unquestionable. Refer to the game at Lord's between India and England many years back when India chased down 326.

Next time you diss an Indian cricket legend on front of an Indian, think twice.  ;)  ;D
      He is sh*te and YES he was out of form for YEARS. I bet he still thinks that he wasn't given a chance at the end of his career. He was all like Me Me Me. Like a God for indian cricket. Saurav always wanted to be in limelight.

The issue with Greg Chappel heatened because they both have big egos. Something had to give. Before Chappel our coach was John Wright if im not mistaken he was a nice and shy guy. Ganguly was controlling the BCCI with dalmiya as president. He was saving Ganguly's arse for a while.

The last big spat on his arse was given by IPL franchisee. he is worthless now and everybody knows it.

I have Utmost RESPECT for guys like Dravid and Viru.

jindaldhruv
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,805 posts | 24 
      Reply #30: Feb 21, 2011 03:13:00 pm
      He is sh*te and YES he was out of form for YEARS. I bet he still thinks that he wasn't given a chance at the end of his career. He was all like Me Me Me. Like a God for indian cricket. Saurav always wanted to be in limelight.

The issue with Greg Chappel heatened because they both have big egos. Something had to give. Before Chappel our coach was John Wright if im not mistaken he was a nice and shy guy. Ganguly was controlling the BCCI with dalmiya as president. He was saving Ganguly's arse for a while.

The last big spat on his arse was given by IPL franchisee. he is worthless now and everybody knows it.

I have Utmost RESPECT for guys like Dravid and Viru.

Are you kidding me?!

See, you hit the nail on the ead with the Chappell point. Agreed both had inflated egos, no denying that. But that fact doesn't erase the greatness of the man and his playing career.
      "Saurav always wanted to be in the limelight". Really? I thought being the captain of one of the biggest teams in the world, limelight shouldn't be hard to come by on its own. ;)

As I said, I couldn't care what he and Dalmiya were upto. If they were "controlling the Indian cricket", there's no evidence for that. In any case, be it. The Indian cricket had gone through the greatest progress in a while under Ganguly.

There's no point comparing him with Dravid and Sehwag. Both are different players and legends in their own manner. It doesn't undermine Ganguly's image in any way.

Just remember, you don't score over 18000 runs in all forms of cricket put together, you don't become the 6th greatest ODI player ever ( according to Wisden ) by being sh*t.

Whatever be his faults, he WAS a legend. It was always a treat watching him bat.
      bigvYNWA
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,795 posts | 994 
      Reply #31: Feb 21, 2011 05:36:10 pm
      Aussies smacked Zimbabwe last night. Sure our media suddenly thinks we are favorites now, eh Crouch? Or do they still think we are sh*t because we didn't score above 300?
      jindaldhruv
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,805 posts | 24 
      Reply #32: Feb 21, 2011 06:47:38 pm
      Aussies smacked Zimbabwe last night. Sure our media suddenly thinks we are favorites now, eh Crouch? Or do they still think we are sh*t because we didn't score above 300?

Was surprised how quite Zimbabwe kept you in the first 40 overs of your innings.

Anyway, I don't buy the media sh*t that Australia are not good enough this time. :-\

I've always maintained that any team who can win last 3 WC can never be so sh*te. Agreed the team isn't as great as its predecessors, but its Australia at the end of the day. Semis is the minimum you expect them to reach.
      Arrie
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,763 posts | 64 
      Reply #33: Feb 22, 2011 05:04:40 am
      I'd be very very surprised if they reach Semis this time.
      bigvYNWA
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,795 posts | 994 
      Reply #34: Feb 22, 2011 05:33:29 am
      I'd be very very surprised if they reach Semis this time.

But i've already reached the semi's?

Ohhh... cricket. Right. Nevermind then.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #35: Feb 22, 2011 08:58:45 am
      I read the paper this morning and they talked about how 240 was 'paltry' and how our batters didn't handle the spin well. Like, F**k off. Seriously. We won by a bigger margin over an actual cricketing nation compared to Sri Lanka who beat a shithouse country in cricket. And we're no.1 in the world in one dayers. I F***ing hate the F***ing media! cu*ts the lot of them.

Arrie, you could claim you don't think we'll make the semi's but to say you'd be very, very surprised to see the no.1 one day nation in the world to make the semi finals is a tad dimwitted isn't it?
      vik94
      • Forum Ronnie Moran

• 403 posts |
      Reply #36: Feb 22, 2011 09:45:53 am
      I don't know what's wrong with me but i am not interested in the WC as much as I was before.I used to sit all day and cheer on for India but in the last match I only saw updates and I was watching the Everton-Chelsea match instead of the India-Bangladesh,I mean our first match and no interest.In fact my desire for Chelsea to lose was more.

Still we are boss in the sub-continent conditions and surely wiill reach the semis and beyond.
      jindaldhruv
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,805 posts | 24 
      Reply #37: Feb 22, 2011 10:34:37 am
      I don't know what's wrong with me but i am not interested in the WC as much as I was before.I used to sit all day and cheer on for India but in the last match I only saw updates and I was watching the Everton-Chelsea match instead of the India-Bangladesh,I mean our first match and no interest.In fact my desire for Chelsea to lose was more.

Still we are boss in the sub-continent conditions and surely wiill reach the semis and beyond.

My feelings exactly. Can't feel any excitement this time around. :-\
      Bpatel
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,902 posts | 158 
      Reply #38: Feb 22, 2011 10:40:30 am
      My feelings exactly. Can't feel any excitement this time around. :-\

Maybe because it's not proper cricket. ;)

Holland doing okay-ish against England. :-\ Anyone remember that match last world cup, Holland winning it from that last ball of the match. Don't need a repeat of that.
      thereds13
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,206 posts | 18 
      Reply #39: Feb 22, 2011 12:49:32 pm
      We were really poor in the field today, atleast 4 catches went down, Holland posted 293 admitedlly the track is very flat but that's poor from us to let them get 293 really as good as Ten doeschate is(see him play alot) we shouldn't have let that happen.
      thereds13
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,206 posts | 18 
      Reply #40: Feb 22, 2011 12:50:06 pm

Holland doing okay-ish against England. :-\ Anyone remember that match last world cup, Holland winning it from that last ball of the match. Don't need a repeat of that.
      Yeah was in the T20 world cup wasn't it?
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,285 posts | 2805 
      Reply #41: Feb 22, 2011 12:54:24 pm
      That was probably one of the worst bowling/fielding displays I've seen from England.

Could be in a bit of bother if Holland start well with the ball.
      jindaldhruv
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,805 posts | 24 
      Reply #42: Feb 22, 2011 01:16:29 pm

If you're referring to test cricket, I'd much rather prefer the WC. :D

P.S. What was that howler Collingwood made? That denied England a wicket. :D
      Bpatel
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,902 posts | 158 
      Reply #43: Feb 22, 2011 02:23:18 pm
      Yeah was in the T20 world cup wasn't it?

Yep.
      If you're referring to test cricket, I'd much rather prefer the WC. :D

Blasphemy!!

England 99-0. Not bad but going too slowly.
      thereds13
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,206 posts | 18 
      Reply #44: Feb 22, 2011 05:09:12 pm
      England won by 6 wickets, good knocks from Strauss, Pieterson and Trott and Colly and Bopara saw us over the line.
      gill3stevens
      • On Trial

• 1 posts |
      • 3604 County Rd #353, Brazoria, TX 77422
      Reply #45: Feb 25, 2011 06:52:20 am
      I'm looking forward to see the match which is on 12th of March India Vs South Africa,at Nagpur.So much excited about it.

Quick Reply