Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P27 W14 D8 L5

Andy Gray and Richard Keys caught in sexism slur during LFC game

Read 36214 times
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,611 posts | 3844 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Re: Andy Gray and Richard Keys caught in sexism slur during LFC game
      Reply #230: Jan 26, 2011 07:38:09 pm
      This is far more interesting than just the sexism row heading it has.
      Very interesting interview.
      So both took cases against the phone tapping.
      Both had leaked footage against them... To discredit them before the cases?
      Is that what happens when you bite the hand that feeds you so well?
      Man I hate Sky
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,449 posts | 4584 
      Reply #231: Jan 26, 2011 07:40:28 pm
      It just gets better and better for us liverpool fans.

Now give thommo the job.
      AJ
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,445 posts | 124 
      • Boom!
      Reply #232: Jan 26, 2011 07:47:33 pm
      When did Keys resign then? (sorry if this is old news but I just saw in on SSN)

EDIT: Just apparently!
      tezmac
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,241 posts | 921 
      • F**k the Sun F**k Murdoch F**k the press
      Reply #233: Jan 26, 2011 08:57:23 pm
      Good ridance to the Two of them ...but they were set up by Sky and that horrible f**ker Murdoch
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #234: Jan 26, 2011 11:33:56 pm
      Another example of sexism on SKY is on "Take it like a fan" where Charlotte Jackson says "I like to play away".

But that is all done in good humour, and she must agree to it.
      Dadorious

• 9,882 posts | 1545 
      Reply #235: Jan 27, 2011 12:41:28 am
      What a hit son what a hit!
      bigvYNWA
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 16,795 posts | 994 
      Reply #236: Jan 27, 2011 12:47:56 am

One of his only good moments!
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #237: Jan 27, 2011 12:53:56 am
      Sky Sports should set an example and give their jobs to female presenters.

Preferably ones with really big tits. ;D
      KennyIsKing
      • Banned

• 4,628 posts | 129 
      Reply #238: Jan 27, 2011 01:42:25 am
      Sid The Sexist!

;D

can anyone put a bit of that Viz character up?

"Can you tuck this in for me, luv..."
      Red Horizon
      • Forum John Toshack

• 246 posts |
      Reply #239: Jan 27, 2011 02:00:37 am
      What the f**k are you on about?

Just don't want to jump on another band wagon.....too many sticks to us with and now this,as soon as you say i can't say i'll say it....

For years men have joked about women and football and it was all ok ,even though their remarks were as it seems quite serious,i couldn't give a monkeys what they said,it was off air and a private conversation,tomorrow in the pub at work someone will say something and you'll disagree with it were you there,but your not and i defend their right to say what they did without the hysterical persecution and pathetic witch hunt that followed...I'll say what i want about whom i want as when the day comes when i can't then i'm a slave..

Sexism....have you seen some girls in town? and they want equality....Ha.

But anyway that's not the point,if your so concerned about The devil that is Sky then i hope none of you subscribe....It's a bit like the Ross/Brand saga only one complaint then the mail picked it up before you know it their public enemy number 1,did you even hear their remarks first hand?if so why were you watching if you detest them so much and what do you expect of sky anyway.....? hardly a moral compass.

As for asking the girl to tuck it in for him,it made me cringe that....
      Red Horizon
      • Forum John Toshack

• 246 posts |
      Reply #240: Jan 27, 2011 02:09:02 am
      Doubt it, we're stronger and better than that LL, I heard the FA switchboard was jammed on Monday with females making enquiries about becoming football officials  ;D

Red Horizon, I assume your not female ?  :roll:
      You assume correctly love. ;)
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,751 posts | 6722 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #241: Jan 27, 2011 08:00:16 am
      Andy Gray you dumb F**k, looks like the bloke refs "don't know the offside rule" either as clearly evidenced by that muppet who incorrectly ruled Nando offside for what should have been our first goal of the match.  :f_steam:
      lfc_ynwa

• 9,109 posts | 233 
      • In Kenny we trust. YNWA. Tits!!
      Reply #242: Jan 27, 2011 08:23:24 am
      How much do you think Sky paid Keys to resign? Neville better not be his replacement, or I'm there losing my sub.
      SM
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,583 posts | 400 
      Reply #243: Jan 27, 2011 11:19:22 am
      Quote from my other half:

"Does this mean we can watch the match without you calling them biased useless pricks or cu*ts from now on"

Err......yes maybe depends who the replacements are.......!!
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #244: Jan 27, 2011 11:56:39 am
      Oh the irony ....

Andy gray when signing for wolves in 1980. "I'd like to finish my career at molineux......"
      MiciG91
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,664 posts | 38 
      Reply #245: Jan 27, 2011 01:21:45 pm
      Well done Sky Sports on taking a stand against sexism. Now who's this weeks Soccerette?
      MsGerrard
      Reply #246: Jan 27, 2011 01:38:35 pm
      Sian Massey, now known as 'Just For Men'. Used just once and the Gray is gone.  ;)
      kenny
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,314 posts | 76 
      Reply #247: Jan 27, 2011 01:43:58 pm
      Sian Massey, now known as 'Just For Men'. Used just once and the Gray is gone.  ;)

:lmao: Good one Cas.

Poor girl is getting all this attention she desperately doesn't want, all because of them two clowns.
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #248: Jan 27, 2011 02:17:46 pm
      Oh the irony ....

Andy gray when signing for wolves in 1980. "I'd like to finish my career at molineux......"

LMAO I put that on twitter.

And this is what followed.

TrendsUK Trendsmap UK
      Darryl, @redlfcblood is now trending in United Kingdom http://trendsmap.com/gb

http://twitter.com/#!/TrendsUK

Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #249: Jan 27, 2011 02:19:46 pm
      Sid The Sexist!

;D

can anyone put a bit of that Viz character up?

"Can you tuck this in for me, luv..."

Or maybe a bit of Roger Mellie??!
      little-Luis:)

• 7,844 posts | 179 
      Reply #250: Jan 27, 2011 03:22:54 pm
      oh please no, not Gary Neville anyways.

Any word on what happened the Burton fella? wasen't he involved in too but got a suspension.
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,611 posts | 3844 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #251: Jan 27, 2011 03:23:06 pm
      Glad we have got all this sexism and stereotyping behind us. Recent interview with Charlotte Jackson. Surely she would be impressive as a presenter now  :angel:

Hot Babe at Sport.co.uk News
      All-Action Jackson
      Author:  Nigel Brown
      Posted on:25 January 2011 - 16:16

Sky Sports News darling and blonde bombshell Charlotte Jackson is slowly becoming an institution for sports fans up and down the country, claiming her place as the Princess regent to the throne of Queen Georgie Thompson. 

While the delectable beauty is not only the apple of our eye each weekday morning, she also has the talent and assets in the locker room as a seasoned broadcast journalist in her own right. Having worked at Teamtalk, Setanta Sports and now Sky Sports News, Miss Jackson has spread her wings by assisting Fenners on ‘take it like a fan,’ being enjoyed by fans at football grounds up and down the country. If she hasn’t visited you yet, get your chants ready gents!

“All-action Jackson” took time out of her busy schedule of breaking news, breaking nails, tea and toast, and terrace trips to chat to us about hangovers on air, Wladimir Klitscho’s magic tricks, dancing with George Clooney, and her love of all things Sport.co.uk…

You are now a TWO-TIME Sport.co.uk ‘babe of the week’.  How does it feel? I hope you’re very flattered by that?

(Giggles.) Oh yeah, very flattered, very flattered, it’s good when you get past 30!

Don't worry you are not vintage yet Charlotte! How much are you enjoying working on SSN (Sky Sports News) and on ‘take it like a fan’?

Yeah it’s brilliant, ‘take it like a fan’ is obviously really good to get out and about. We’re really lucky because we get to look round different stadiums from, Premier League Championship, League one, League two, and beyond. We watch the game, look at all the training facilities, obviously they are so diverse, so it is really interesting.

Actually we went to Brighton last weekend and their moving into their new Stadium next season. It’s really interesting, we’re quite lucky. I’ve been to so many now this season and we get to watch all the games. For me, and Fenners it’s quite funny, because we’re getting paid, to do it and we really enjoy it.

It’s your job.

Exactly. (Ha, ha)

From that show, who are your favourite fans?

They’ve all been really good.

You can’t sit on the fence

Honestly, they’ve all been really good. Because obviously when we speak to them, they’re going to be winning money. Unless they’re really nervous when we’re walking round the stadium they’re always giving it a bit.

I haven’t had anywhere I’ve thought, these fans aren’t very enthusiastic or anything, I actually haven’t yet, I’m sure we will,  but not yet.. Everyone’s been really good. 

In your eyes, what is the criteria to be a SSN presenter?

You must be able to read! I’m only joking (ha-ha)! Basically know your sport, have a wide knowledge of different Sports, obviously most people enjoy watching one more than the others. I would find it bizarre if someone was working on a sports channel and didn’t like sport. We all get on really well, it’s really good! A dream!

During the World Cup, all my friends were trying to skive off work but if I was down for a shift we would have to watch the game, which was brilliant. It couldn’t get much better really. In the studio we have a big screen on, so even if the games that aren’t on telly we can see. We have a pundit in the studio and we can watch the game as well because we have a live feed from it. So that’s been brilliant as well.

It’s a good job. Actually it’s a great job. You lucked out young lady.

Yeah, (ha-ha!) I am a lucky girl.

Who are the King and Queen of the Sky Sports news studio?

Georgie has been there the longest, so Georgie.

So Georgie’s Queen Bee, quite rightly so.

Yeah, exactly. I don’t know which guy has been there the longest. 

Is there anyone who stands out as a leader in the newsroom?

Maybe Ed Chamberlain, I like Ed.

Yeah he’s a nice guy isn’t he, a gent.

Yeah he’s so nice, he’s a good lad.

Are there any bad habits in the studio?

Not that I know of, because we normally have the same partner, so to speak, when we’re on air. It’s quite funny sometimes we have to eat our lunch if we’re on the 10 AM - 3 PM shift, in the break. So as soon as it’s a break we’ll suddenly start eating really quickly! Obviously you don’t want to get caught with your mouth full!

That would be a sight.

(Ha-ha). Um bad habits, no not really, not that I know of, no one has been making smells that they shouldn’t be while they’ve been on air! (Ha-ha) so that’s all good. And long may it continue.

Who’s your partner of choice?

Um, because I started doing ‘ take it like a fan’ my shift changed a lot, it used to be Ed all the time and now I actually have quite a mix of people.

Fair enough, would Ed be your favourite or are you keeping your options open?

(Ha ha). I like working with them all, I like working with Ed and with Simon, and Julian Warren’s lovely, they’re all nice, Rob’s very funny. Oh and Jim White, I always have a really good laugh when I’m on air with Jim. It’s quite nice, I’ve found I mix it up a a little bit, because obviously you get to know them. Different guys are nice for different reasons. That’s the way of the world.

Indeed. On to business. It’s the January transfer window which is a busy time for everyone, who is the man in the office with the best inside knowledge?

Well Brian Swanson’s our chief news reporter so he comes on and does the tough screen with Dharmesh, it’s a new touch screen, so they obviously come on and do most of the updates. Jim White’s always on the phone, he jokingly did that Edwardian advert.

I think myself and Ed, and then Georgie and Jim are on, on transfer deadline day. But Brian Swanson and Jim are the main ones. We also have the newsrooms and they’re constantly saying so and so is about to sign for this much for four years or whatever. It all depends how exciting it is on how much activity there is. The last one was a bit disappointing.

What’s the atmosphere like when a story breaks, can you remember one particular story that really got you excited?

I was on air with the Darren Bent episode recently and that was not necessarily exciting but it was so out the blue and such a surprise. Quite often we will have one that might be about to break, but we can’t say anything because we’re not one hundred per cent sure, and then it will come. Any breaking news story is quite exciting and it does get the newsroom buzzing. Sometimes, especially on Mondays there can be not much happening and it can be a bit monotonous but as soon as something happens it’s really good.

Do you get a personal buzz from breaking it?

Yeah, of course. It’s a real thrill working at SSN.

Do you think that Twitter is becoming a big threat to Sky Sports News, as the first place breaking sports news?

I think it kind of works alongside it. Loads of us are on Twitter. I think it depends how often you look at twitter as well, if you’re at home you’re not gonna sit in front of Twitter if Sky Sports News is on, so you’re gonna put the telly on, and you might have it on next to you. There’s such a mix, I think it’s good as well because it kind of helps us, we can read stuff off it. 

Another source for the SSN team then?

Yeah, exactly.

Do your bosses monitor your Tweets?

I would imagine so (ha ha), we’ve never been told.

Have you ever had a slap on the wrist or anything?

No, I haven’t.

Who has had a slap on the wrist?

No, I don’t think anyone has yet (ha ha). I imagine they probably do monitor us. We’re not going to write something we shouldn’t write, you’ve got to be aware of what your position is and what you should or shouldn’t be writing on it.

So you haven’t slipped into the controversial, yet?

No, not yet. I can understand why footballers do, because they can get annoyed and they tweet it and they obviously then get fined for it or whatever. A manager can speak in a post-match press conference and say something about the Referee, but then if a player does it, he gets fined.

Who’s your favourite person that you’re following at the moment or you are just starting to follow?

Entertainment wise, Robbie Savage is quite funny. I should be doing a ‘grass-roots’ football event with him in June, which will be quite amusing. He’s obviously very funny but you’ve got to take him a little tongue in cheek because I know some people can get really wound up by him, but it’s purely banter, he’s not taking himself seriously. When we met him on ‘take it like a fan’ he was hilarious. I do get surprised about how often some people tweet, there watching a game and they’re tweeting all the time and I’m like how can you be watching the game properly, it’s quite funny. All the Journalists are tweeting as well.

How to relax after a hard day at the office...

How do you guy’s manage to be on air and tweet?

Oh we never do that (Ha-ha)

We’ve noticed, it’s pretty clever the way you’re doing that

We do have computers in front of us but we don’t really tweet, unless there’s an advert break.

What’s been your favourite interview since you’ve been on Sky Sports news that you’ve done?

On Sky Sports News we have done quite a lot of phone interviews, but I think it’s quite exciting when we get people in the studio. When David Haye came in after winning his fight it was very exciting introducing him and it was quite funny as off-screen he was having some chips and was like, I haven’t had chips for ages! I think it’s quite good to see the background stuff. I used to quite like Sundays but I don’t really do them anymore but we used to have people like Tony Gale and then having the banter when we’re on a break, when they’re on for pundits to give us updates with the matches.

I like them all but I prefer doing football interviews so it’s quite good when people come in, I do other stuff now like the European Pro Tour Golf. To be fair what I really enjoy doing is ‘take it like a fan’ when we go and speak to players and speak to managers and try and get a different angle on it and get their personality out more, that’s always really good. Malky Mackay is the nicest Manager ever, I think he’s lovely, he made us tea and sandwiches.

What’s your most embarrassing moment, on air?

I got the giggles once, that’s quite embarrassing but in a break when we have three minutes to run to the loo we have to get our mics off, run to the loo and then come back and mic back up.

I remember in a break running out and just falling slam on the studio floor, obviously it wasn’t on camera but Tony Gale was there being a pundit and he was cracking up and I had to hobble to the loo come back and then Tony Gale decides to announce on air what happened. I was like, thanks.

How do you guys manage with hangovers?

Well I don’t drink, I haven’t for a year and a half. When I was at Setanta, I drank and I remember we had a Setanta night out because we were up for an award for something and we were at this ceremony and the guy from the wedding channel was like come out with us afterwards, and he took us to Stringfellow’s and my friend Anne was trying to take photos but she was getting told not to, she wasn’t taking pics of the girls. I remember that was quite a heavy night and I was on the next day and I remember it being the longest four hours of my life. I was trying to concentrate and I remember thinking, it must be obvious that your eyes are glazed and half-closed, I had a lot of cups of tea and a lot of toast. And, a bacon sandwhich. It’s the only way to get through.

Have any of your peers had to vomit or anything in between their bit?

Ah! No, I think they’d probably call in sick if they were that bad

Do you think this is the most exciting Premier League season, so far, with all the teams that are challenging?

Definitely, how boring is it when you get to the end of the season and Manchester United or someone are so many points ahead? It is exciting that there are so many sides in it, although Manchester United are unbeaten in the League so far this season and they still have ‘games in-hand’ so you can’t see past them, but they have still got to play quite a few of the teams that are challenging for the top spot. But yeah I think it’s much better, much more exciting both ways, that and the relegation.

Have you got any tips for who you think will go down?

I think West Ham aren’t looking too good.

Are you condemning the Hammers?

I kind of would, yeah. I love Ian Holloway I think he’s a brilliant character, I think it’s quite rare that most of the teams that come up, look like they’re gonna stay up, potentially. I think they’re like tenth or something and I’m pleased to see they’re doing well. I think it is close because even though West Ham are bottom, Liverpool are only six points above them.

Overall I wouldn’t like to say, I think it’s going to be very difficult for anyone to predict. Aston Villa are only just above the relegation zone as well which is unusual.

Am I right in saying that you’re a Liverpool fan?

Yeah, you are.

What do you make of the situation at Anfield, is King Kenny the man?

Yeah I think he’ll bring motivation back to the players, he’s been there before and he’s got the backing of everyone. We need to sign some players and there seems to be a different atmosphere there. He has just got to get the players looking hungry again.

Who would you like to see him sign in the window?

I’d like to see him sign someone to help Torres. I think it was last season when we were in the market for Carlos Tevez and I’m so gutted we didn’t sign him.
      He would have scored quite a few goals.

And that’s what we’re obviously lacking and when Xabi Alonso went we didn’t really fill that void, at one point I was worried but I don’t think we’ll go down. I think this season’s written off, in the fact that we’re maybe not going to be challenging for a Europa League place, I’m being that pessimistic about it.

So just stay up and then consolidate?

Yeah exactly.

Just stepping out for milk...

You’ve obviously been round quite a few grounds with ‘take it like a fan’, what’s your snack of choice at the footy?

I do like the Burgers, but we’ve been having a lot of the pies.

Where’s the best pie?

The best hospitality I found, which is not necessarily pies was Eastlands, who have a whole room full of food with anything you could possibly want from roast dinners, to soup, to pies, to chocolate, this is the press room of dreams! It’s the best press room ever and then they had every drink, including beer, so if you wanted a beer, there’s beer, and it had cupcakes, everything!

When we were there it was the only day are camera broke, which is fine because we had a replacement one sent up,  so it just meant we had to sit in that room and eat, it was brilliant. I think there’s an award for the best hospitality and Manchester City won the award for last season and I think they took it off Arsenal because the Gunners used to win it, apparently. We always try out the pies normally.

That’s awesome. If you ever had to date another member of the SSN team, who would it be, and why?

Most of them are married.

It’s a hypothetical question.

I know, I know (ha-ha). You mean you’re not gonna make me go on a date?

If it’s Ed Chamberlin, I would happily oversee that date.

Ahhh, what is it just go to lunch with them? Ed and I went to the racing awards together that was, nice (Ha ha). Ed or Julian Warren, because they’re both nice and gentlemen.

Who was your TV presenting hero, growing up?

I remember I used to watch Steve Ryder a lot but he wasn’t necessarily a hero, I don’t know, I didn’t really have one. I used to like watching football, obviously I loved Ian Rush! Liverpool legend!

What was it about Rushy that you loved, all the goals?

Yeah, the tash actually (ha) I used to think him and John Aldridge because they looked slightly similar, it’s just the tash (ha). I was really excited when I got to meet him and I got to interview him, that was on Setanta though. When I was really young I wanted to be a Doctor.
      You wanted to be a Doctor?

Yeah. Don’t sound surprised!

What happened to that dream?
      Well basically my Dad was a Doctor and my Granddad, so that’s what I did to get it into University and I did it for a year and then changed my mind, I couldn’t stand the sight of blood and cutting everything up which obviously isn’t very good and I didn’t want to be a GP, I wanted to specialize. Eventually I was quite surprised that they were actually alright with me stopping it.

That’s a pretty drastic career change.

Yeah, so I could have been a Doctor right now, operating.

I think you’re quid’s in with Sky Sports.

Yeah, definitely. (Ha ha)

Who’s the most famous person you’ve met and what did you say to them?

Um, I don’t know.

Normally at this stage the babe says some form of rapper, like a Jay Z.

I’ve never met a rapper.

You’ve haven’t met Jay Z or anyone like that?

No but I’d like to meet Eminem, Marshal Mathers, I quite fancy him, I don’t know why, it’s a bit weird, isn’t it?

No, whatever floats your boat.

No, and I like Camilo Villegas. Ah, he’s amazing! I’ve never met him though either, so he might be disappointing in real life.

Oh I’ve met George Clooney.

You’ve met George Clooney! What did you say to him?

I had a little dance with him.

You danced with him! Who initiated the dancing?

It was ages ago, he was having an after party and I was with my boyfriend at the time and he knew the people he was with, so we just sort of danced, it wasn’t like hey fancy a dance? (ha ha).

He does have a penchant for British TV presenters, having been out with Lisa Snowdon so you could be next?

He also likes waitresses though.

He likes waitresses?

Yeah.

Don’t we all?

(Ha ha). Yeah the last few girlfriends he’s had I’m sure have been waitresses from America. I got quite excited when I met John Barnes for the first time and Ian rush, things like that and then Wladimir Klitschko, I liked meeting him.

What was Wladimir like? Was he a character?

Yeah he was brilliant, I met him at Setanta and he came out for a drink with me and my friend and he started doing magic tricks all night and he was telling us he used to work in a Circus.

Classic Jackson...

What? That’s amazing!

I know how random is that. My friend’s boyfriend had been laid up as he’d had surgery on his back and it was his first sort of coming out night, as we called it, the first night out since he’d got better. I said to my friend, I think this guy might turn up. It’s Wladimir Klitschko and they said what’s he like? So I said he’s massive, you will know him as soon as he walks in. My friend went oh my god, is that him? This massive guy with a long coat on walked in and my friend Nancy was like great I’m going to challenge him to an arm wrestle. Then he did loads of magic tricks such as disappearing coins, rings, watches and cards, it was very funny. Very Random! But funny!

That is very random, is there any message for the Sport.co.uk readers, now that you’re a two time babe of the week?

Keep reading Sport.co.uk, it’s brilliant!

Indeed it is, thanks very much, really appreciate it. Always fun chatting to a true SSN legend.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,214 posts | 8569 
      Reply #252: Jan 27, 2011 03:34:17 pm
      Andy Gray was asked if this was his lowest point regarding his sacking from Sky.

"No" came the reply, "I used to play for Everton."

Quick Reply