Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 23rd of May and on this date LFC's match record is P9 W4 D1 L4

NESV - The first 100 days

Read 5812 times
      Johncolf
      • Forum Billy Liddell
      • Started Topic

• 564 posts |
      NESV - The first 100 days
      Jan 23, 2011 06:22:10 pm
      Sunday marked the 100th day since Liverpool Football Club were saved by NESV and saved from a 15 point deduction and certain relegation under the nightmare ownership of messers Hicks & Gillette. So much has happened in the 100 days , probably the biggest regret was Roy Hodgson being the wrong man at the wrong place hence the parting of the ways after some woeful displays and results.

In what was seen as a wrong appointment in many Liverpool fans eyes, it was a car crash waiting to happen for me. With Kenny Dalglish’s name being sung with great gusto it was only a matter of time until John W Henry made his first massive decision in installing King Kenny back to the dug out. From the outside it must look like the scousers are stuck in some nostalgia timewarp but, after all the turmoil of the last three years we just want our club back. For too long the old traditions of LFC had been forgotten, especially during the Houllier/Benitez years.

Even though trophies kept coming, our style of football was lost and the tried and trusted pass and move was lost and at times bored me to tears , which is why so many fans wanted Kenny back to take us to the Liverpool we all love, with things kept in-house and back to the type of football that brought us title after title and European cups galore.

« Last Edit: Jan 23, 2011 08:39:25 pm by Reslivo »
      poolio_54
      • Forum Graeme Souness

• 376 posts | 11 
      Re: NESV ,The first 100 days
      Reply #1: Jan 23, 2011 08:37:27 pm
      I think NESV have probably been a little overwhelmed so far and there desire to want to avoid making the wrong decision by understanding the game before making any decisions was certainly doing them no favours. Thankfully as always are fans showed them the right direction and now I'm sure that through Kenny they can really begin to get  a lesson in what LFC is all about. I really think they could go on to be the fantastic owners
      Dannylfc
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,010 posts | 174 
      • Always in our shadow.
      Re: NESV - The first 100 days
      Reply #2: Jan 23, 2011 08:54:44 pm
      Can't fault them for anything at the moment, people may complain how we havent been throwing money around or makign World Class signings, but I don't think thats through lack of trying.

Still very optimistic and in anticipation of summer
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,682 posts | 6976 
      Reply #3: Jan 23, 2011 09:07:11 pm
      Sunday marked the 100th day since Liverpool Football Club were saved by NESV and saved from a 15 point deduction

9 points wasn't it.

Either way, we'd be bottom.  And Roy probably would have been sacked and replaced by Purslow as manager.
      daveyd
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,670 posts | 35 
      • Jürgen Klopp to take us back to the top
      Reply #4: Jan 23, 2011 09:13:54 pm
      100th day and the club as a whole seem's to have moved on next to nowhere from where we have been.
      New owners,the''Prodigal King''&us the ''13th''man all back in tandem. The future is red. :kop5cf8koxp6:
      corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #5: Jan 23, 2011 09:14:09 pm
      If I being honest I wish they sacked Roy Hodgson much sooner then they
      tezmac
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,285 posts | 935 
      • F**k the Sun F**k Murdoch F**k the press
      Reply #6: Jan 23, 2011 09:14:24 pm
      Cautiously opptomistic start hopefully with the right man at the helm we will just get stronger, at least they ,  haven't come in with false promisses of new ground, ect, ithink we will find out more in the summer
      AZPatriot

• 9,944 posts | 1759 
      Reply #7: Jan 23, 2011 09:14:50 pm
      I started following LFC of course when FSG came in on the purcahse (perhaps about a week before). I have spent a lot of time the past 4 month's or so defending them (the majority of that over on TIA). I got booted from TIA as being an agent of NESV, however all I did was try to stay positive and quash some of the rhetoric that was coming out regarding them being broke and other innuendos. In honesty i could care less about them as they are just a bunch of rich guy's, though I do think they are sincere in what they say.

I am happy now that thing's look to have turned a corner a bit and we are all back to talking about the club and team in positive and constructive ways...what a turnaround since Kenny took over. UKSV/FSG are not perfect and will make mistakes just like anyone else, but I do think the intention is there to fufill the promise of taking LFC back to where it belongs, and as I said on one of my first posts on this forum I do believe that 10 years from now we will all look back and call this a "golden age" of Liverpool football.

RedPuppy
      • Still European.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 19,258 posts | 2856 
      • Parum Rutilus Canis: Illegitimi non carborundum
      Reply #8: Jan 23, 2011 09:16:01 pm
      I think Purslow may have been better.

Very slow and quiet start, (slightly different than H&G), but now I think may be the touch paper may have been lit.

New manager, money to spend, feel so much more optimistic at the present.

Personally, I would just like a clue about the ground.
      waltonl4
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 37,669 posts | 7156 
      Reply #9: Jan 23, 2011 09:22:52 pm
      lets look forward now to the next 100 days it could be quite eventful and fun.
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #10: Jan 23, 2011 09:32:17 pm
      We have moved on from the Dark Days...have kept the faith...and its all starting to happen.

Before the 100 days ... was it all a bad dream?
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,479 posts | 4595 
      Reply #11: Jan 23, 2011 09:35:10 pm
      Very content with nesv at the moment,2 subjects that have let them down slightly are not sacking hodgson sooner and at present purslow being an advisor.

Would love a statement of intent over squad additions and most importantly the stadium.
      Johncolf
      • Forum Billy Liddell
      • Started Topic

• 564 posts |
      Reply #12: Jan 23, 2011 09:57:56 pm
      I think an announcement about the stadium is imminent ,plus 2/3 players coming in this week plus Tom Werner saying there are limitless funds, all things LFC are looking brighter by the day ,the win and display at Wolves was heartwarming and reminded me off how it was being a Liverpool fan back in the good old days ,long may it continue ,cant wait for wednesday, were on a roll with Kennys army.
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,654 posts | 3888 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #13: Jan 23, 2011 10:14:58 pm
      100 days that have revitalised the club.

Thanks FSG

From the brink of relegation to the pass and move beauty of yesterday and we can go back to letting other teams worry about us
      AZPatriot

• 9,944 posts | 1759 
      Reply #14: Jan 23, 2011 10:23:01 pm
      100 days that have revitalised the club.

Thanks FSG

From the brink of relegation to the pass and move beauty of yesterday and we can go back to letting other teams worry about us

No doubt Racer.....the word of our demise was premature to say the least...might not be this year, but very soon the rest of the PL is going to be looking over they're shoulders nervously I believe.
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,654 posts | 3888 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #15: Jan 23, 2011 10:25:21 pm

No doubt Racer.....the word of our demise was premature to say the least...might not be this year, but very soon the rest of the PL is going to be looking over they're shoulders nervously I believe.

Nah it'll be this year.

Cause next year we'll be looking down on them
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #16: Jan 23, 2011 11:00:19 pm
      100 days? Christ it does actually seem like 200 days.
      KennyIsKing
      • Banned

• 4,628 posts | 129 
      Reply #17: Jan 23, 2011 11:14:41 pm
      Good job so far - now a good CEO, and then onwards and upwards.
      AZPatriot

• 9,944 posts | 1759 
      Reply #18: Jan 23, 2011 11:15:19 pm
      100 days? Christ it does actually seem like 200 days.

Roy will do that to ya....his wife probably thinks they have been married for 200-300 years.
      Tim LFC
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 765 posts | 15 
      Reply #19: Jan 23, 2011 11:52:43 pm
      Very much looking forward to the future with our owners. They seem wise and will not be drawn in on signings and that should stand us in good stead even though it's agonising waiting for Suarez news and stuff but they've brought the Liverpool way back. I also am very looking forward to seeing our youth blossom and mature, plenty of promise for the future. The future is bright once again on the red side of Merseyside and i can't wait.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #20: Jan 24, 2011 03:00:09 am
      Removed the the Yanks.

Removed Broughton and Purslow from footballing decisions.

Brought in their own board.

Brought in a new Director of Football.

Sacked Hodgson.

Brought in the KING.

All in 100 days.
      Fan 86
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 761 posts | 40 
      Reply #21: Jan 24, 2011 10:34:07 am
      In two word's, IM HAPPY.
      carheex
      • Banned

• 587 posts | -9 
      Reply #22: Jan 24, 2011 10:51:19 am
      9 points wasn't it.

Either way, we'd be bottom.  And Roy probably would have been sacked and replaced by Purslow as manager.

0 points actually - there is no rule in place which says a club going into administration will receive an automatic 9 or 15 point deduction. IF the club isn't generating enough income to support itself then a points deduction MAY be imposed. Just thought I'd clear that up. :-)

Quick Reply