Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P29 W11 D6 L12

LFC Reds Poll

Q. Man of the Match?

Fernando Torres
      (3.4%)
      Pepe Reina
      (17.8%)
      Maxi Rodriguez
      (2.5%)
      Raul Meireles
      (47.5%)
      Christian Poulsen
      (2.5%)
      Steven Gerrard
      (0.8%)
      Glen Johnson
      (11%)
      Martin Kelly
      (9.3%)
      Dirk Kuyt
      (0%)
      Martin Skrtel
      (0.8%)
      Daniel Agger
      (4.2%)

Liverpool 1-0 Fulham: In Game and Post Match Relief Thread.

Read 42895 times
      Kop_it
      • Forum Graeme Souness

• 373 posts | 13 
      Re: Liverpool 1-0 Fulham: In Game and Post Match Relief Thread.
      Reply #575: Jan 27, 2011 04:44:33 am
      A win is a win. Torres was unlucky to have been given offside, but karma gave us a goal. :D

The last 15 minutes was abit shaky.
      bigvYNWA
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,795 posts | 994 
      Reply #576: Jan 27, 2011 05:14:32 am
      From what I've heard and read, not a good performance and we were sort of lucky to win.

But then Torres' should have counted, so what the hell! :P We are upto 7th! :D

Well, you could say it was even.. but we did shade most of the match in my opinion, and were superior in the beginning. Fulham had most of their chances late when we were just trying to hang on. As i said, i reckon we shaded probably 65 minutes of the match. Much much better than we did under he who shall not be named ;)
      kevinho
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,698 posts | 78 
      • YNWA
      Reply #577: Jan 27, 2011 06:27:50 am
      Kuyt was poor, but he did intercept the pass that led to the goal. The lad works hard but I would rather see Pacheco.
      TheKopite*****
      • Forum Ian St John

• 433 posts |
      Reply #578: Jan 27, 2011 07:08:06 am
      So how many points til 4th  :P  at least we're in Europe now  :f_tongueincheek:
      frizzby5
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 18,362 posts | 627 
      Reply #579: Jan 27, 2011 07:39:51 am
      My mate phoned with 10 to go I had to commentate  the last ten for him ,dont think I will make it onto sky .
       The words clear it cunty and blow the fckin whistle ref wouldnt go down well, well not for the pc brigade anyway. Scrappy in the end but three points is in the bag so on we go , well done Raul again , would just like to ask roy wtf he was looking at when he watched Kelly training .
      With Gray and Keys being sacked/resigned you stand a very good chance Ansy they're was no sexist remarks in your commentary ! :f_tongueincheek:
      Raul MOTM for me ! 
      A scrappy 1-0 win will do for me every time (my predicition as well by the way !) it shows determination and desire to succeed something that was lacking under previous management !
      « Last Edit: Jan 27, 2011 08:03:57 am by frizzby5 »
      Reprobate
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 11,055 posts | 436 
      • Avatar by Kitster29@Deviantart.com
      Reply #580: Jan 27, 2011 08:06:20 am
      So how many points til 4th  :P  at least we're in Europe now  :f_tongueincheek:

It's not that far away but, without meaning to sound negative, there are a couple of teams that could still leap above us with their game-in-hand. Long way to go yet though, if we can put a run together then who knows....!
      lfc_ynwa
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,109 posts | 233 
      • In Kenny we trust. YNWA. Tits!!
      Reply #581: Jan 27, 2011 08:07:05 am
      The only way Fulham looked like scoring is from set plays, every time we look like conceding its from set plays. Every game we struggle, think we need to work on that.
      Adryan
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,704 posts | 378 
      • Cut my veins open and I bleed Liverpool Red.
      Reply #582: Jan 27, 2011 08:15:11 am
      We weren't exactly on top all the way, especially in the second half but still think we were the better side, IMO. Should have gone ahead through Nando after 6 minutes. What a well taken goal and he looks very confident again. And they say women don't know the offside rule ...

It's nice to see Raul Meireles playing well again. Why the heck did Roy keep playing him on the right, I do not know. Thought a manager with 35 years experience should know better. Great to see Pepe Reina making wonderful saves again. Martin Kelly is still being impressive.

I'm glad Aurelio and Shelvey has been coming on as subs and that Agger has been a first choice starter. I think it's his 4th start in five matches under Kenny. Wished Cole would start ahead of Kuyt now and that Pacheco get some minutes if we're leading comfortably.

Wasn't the best performance but a win is a win, an own goal is a goal and we are 7th now, five points behind 6th and nine points behind 4th. Just have to keep pushing on and improving.
      « Last Edit: Jan 27, 2011 08:20:52 am by Adryan »
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,944 posts | 5001 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #583: Jan 27, 2011 09:16:21 am
      F**k what he wants - he does what's best for the team, or f**k off.

If giggs can play wide, so can Stevie.
      Have to disagree with ya mate, Giggs is a natural wide player whereas Ste is more suited in the middle, i think we will see Ste move backwards as time goes on and may end up doing the job Jan Molby did and sit in around the semi circle and just ping balls all day and break up play, and if he looks after himself the way Giggs has we could have Ste for another 5yrs or so.
      TheKopite*****
      • Forum Ian St John

• 433 posts |
      Reply #584: Jan 27, 2011 09:18:34 am

It's not that far away but, without meaning to sound negative, there are a couple of teams that could still leap above us with their game-in-hand. Long way to go yet though, if we can put a run together then who knows....!

I was loosely aware of our position, but to be completely honest, your post has made me feel extremely optimistic considering the opposition we would have to overtake i.e. Sunderland. The only worrying factors are City and Spurs because Chelski, Arsenal and United aint letting go of the top spots anytime soon. Will be very tough, but I can imagine that if we actually sign some talent anytime soon it would certainly help our cause!
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #585: Jan 27, 2011 09:49:30 am
      F**k what he wants - he does what's best for the team, or F**k off.

If giggs can play wide, so can Stevie.

Bore off with your Anti-Gerrard agenda. You blow this tune to much.

Giggs is a left winger, so what the F**k is your point? He has trickery and guile, Gerrard has none.

AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,779 posts | 6726 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #586: Jan 27, 2011 09:57:50 am
      Phew..............

Got robbed with the offside goal and we sh*t ourselves last 15 minutes.

It's nice that we got a change of luck for once and I'm just glad to know that the KOP can still suck a ball beautifully into the back of the net.  ;D
      paulboo
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,146 posts | 10 
      Reply #587: Jan 27, 2011 10:09:01 am
      A wins a win, at the moment im happy to put another 3 points in the bag, a good performance is a bonus at present. The thing is we got the points no matter what and that'll do me every time. Harder games will come and im sure were going to grow from strength to strength.
      LFCexiled
      Reply #588: Jan 27, 2011 10:18:30 am

It's amazing given the wreck that we where under woy that we're only 6 points off 5th with CL a very feasible chance.
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #589: Jan 27, 2011 10:22:17 am
      Think any relegation fears we had under Woy are over! Good times ahead, now if we can just make a couple of signings, we are all systems go.
      little-Luis:)
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 7,844 posts | 179 
      Reply #590: Jan 27, 2011 10:37:04 am
      Wonder who the surprise will be in the next game?  ;)
      PGlynn91
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,601 posts | 295 
      • To win just once...
      Reply #591: Jan 27, 2011 11:16:51 am
      http://www.skysports.com/video/inline/0,26691,16426_6703649,00.html

Without meaning to, Stevie has criticised poor Woy here! :D
      ayrton77
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,775 posts | 627 
      • © Established Quality Since 1977
      Reply #592: Jan 27, 2011 11:54:17 am
      Read through the last couple of pages since last night, and noticed a fair bit of discussion about Poulsen.

One person made a good point that he must have been doing something right, because when he came off the team started to look shaky. Whilst I agree with that, I still think he makes far too many simple errors and isn't good enough to play for Liverpool.

A fairer point in my opinion would be that we need a defensively minded midfielder, but of a better quality. One who can give us the necessary grit in the centre of the park, but who is less of a liability and just better all round.

Lucas is doing well, but when he isn't in the team, I'm not at all reassured by who replaces him.

As for the league table, at least we're no longer in the relegation dogfight. :roll:

I'm not going to try and predict we're we'll finish, but if these last two games are to count for anything, I do believe they need to be the beginning of a decent unbeaten run if we want to keep advancing. We're closing the gap, but it's still big enough that one or two slip-ups will be enough to effectively kill off our season.

Being an optimistic chap, I reckon we'll keep improving. It's hard not to see the golden sky when Kenny's in charge!
      JFT96_LFC
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 619 posts |
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #593: Jan 27, 2011 12:55:56 pm
      Glad we got the 3 points. Now we need to look to Stoke.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,586 posts | 7140 
      Reply #594: Jan 27, 2011 01:09:27 pm
      kenny's last 3 games give us 7 points scored 6 conceded 2 now dosent that seem healthier. there is a team at the top of the league that have ground out wins all season so I will take the odd one here and there too.I wonder who Kenny was Refering to when he talked about people shouting their mouths off about Refs.?
      Jase
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,287 posts |
      Reply #595: Jan 27, 2011 01:20:41 pm
      Skrtel is a liability at the back. It's horrible watching him.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,586 posts | 7140 
      Reply #596: Jan 27, 2011 01:30:39 pm
      Poulsen reminds me of Lucas a couple of seasons ago .He seems to switch off from time to time and gives the ball away to easily.
      wallbanger
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,181 posts |
      Reply #597: Jan 27, 2011 01:42:51 pm
      well a tough game. but lady luck managed to get us three points should have had penalty. but a gritty prerformance  another clean sheet fpr pepe. merieles really putting in consistant performances well done reds

Quick Reply