Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P29 W11 D6 L12

LFC Reds Poll

Q. Man of the Match?

Fernando Torres
      (3.4%)
      Pepe Reina
      (17.8%)
      Maxi Rodriguez
      (2.5%)
      Raul Meireles
      (47.5%)
      Christian Poulsen
      (2.5%)
      Steven Gerrard
      (0.8%)
      Glen Johnson
      (11%)
      Martin Kelly
      (9.3%)
      Dirk Kuyt
      (0%)
      Martin Skrtel
      (0.8%)
      Daniel Agger
      (4.2%)

Liverpool 1-0 Fulham: In Game and Post Match Relief Thread.

Read 42893 times
      KennyIsKing
      • Banned

• 4,628 posts | 129 
      Re: Liverpool 1-0 Fulham: In Game and Post Match Relief Thread.
      Reply #621: Jan 27, 2011 06:42:32 pm
      Funny thing is mate, we ended up with 3 points last night where as in the past, suffering at the hand of dubious decisions from officials, we'd easily be on the end of a bad result.

I'm pretty sure we get more worse decisions than any other team, if you know what I mean.

It's almost like there is an active bias against us - the offside call for Torres goal on 6 mins was a F***ing shocker, and some of the fouls that apparently didn't warrant a yellow were even worse decisions.
      corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #622: Jan 27, 2011 06:44:05 pm
      F**k if Utd didn't have refs in there pockets and were on the end of as many bad decisions as we are, they would be down around where we are
      alexfrance
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 861 posts | 39 
      Reply #623: Jan 27, 2011 06:46:55 pm
      I'm pretty sure we get more worse decisions than any other team, if you know what I mean.

It's almost like there is an active bias against us - the offside call for Torres goal on 6 mins was a f**king shocker, and some of the fouls that apparently didn't warrant a yellow were even worse decisions.
      Agreed, never mind the Berb penalty a couple of weeks ago and the red card. Though that wasnt in the PL it still affected it with losing Gerrard for 3 games.
      KennyIsKing
      • Banned

• 4,628 posts | 129 
      Reply #624: Jan 27, 2011 07:11:52 pm
      Agreed, never mind the Berb penalty a couple of weeks ago and the red card. Though that wasnt in the PL it still affected it with losing Gerrard for 3 games.

My first reaction was straight red - it was only after reviewing it in slo-mo several times that I noticed carricks leg strike gerrards and knock it up in the air so it looked 2 footed, so I can't really blame the ref for that one.

But last night, geez - the knee high tackle on gerrard apparently wasn't worthy of a booking, not to mention quite a few others.

It must really knock the heart out of the players when they see the sh*t we get off refs - thankfully, we have KK to motivate them. Under woy we would have lost that match last night.
      PGlynn91
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,601 posts | 295 
      • To win just once...
      Reply #625: Jan 27, 2011 07:16:17 pm
      Exactly.

The game last night was the type where we came out the 1-0 losers.

We won. Good teams win and create their own luck.

We are beginning to look like a decent side again.
      redkenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 24,912 posts | 1058 
      • 97 - Always Remembered
      Reply #626: Jan 27, 2011 08:22:09 pm

It's almost like there is an active bias against us - the offside call for Torres goal on 6 mins was a F***ing shocker, and some of the fouls that apparently didn't warrant a yellow were even worse decisions.

Absolutely. I thought we should have been justly one up in the first ten minutes but didn't have the replay to be one hundred percent sure. Some of the fouls not given were F***ing jaw dropping though. That I was certain of.
      bigvYNWA
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,795 posts | 994 
      Reply #627: Jan 27, 2011 08:28:13 pm
      Referees need to be made accountable. That, to me, is more important than goal-line technology or anything as far as changes to the game. Referees need to not be so wrapped in cotton wool, they should be allowed to be criticized if they make the wrong decision, and made to answer for them.
      Roddenberry
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 16,568 posts | 1876 
      Reply #628: Jan 27, 2011 08:35:07 pm
      Referees need to be made accountable. That, to me, is more important than goal-line technology or anything as far as changes to the game. Referees need to not be so wrapped in cotton wool, they should be allowed to be criticized if they make the wrong decision, and made to answer for them.

Refs do get criticized for their mistakes.  A lot.  I for one am happy if they only make a few, but they are never going to get every decision right.  Personally, I'd like to seem them be allowed to and regularly book players who request bookings, claim throw-ins/fouls etc.  Any player apart from the outfield captain complaining to the ref should be booked.  So much more I want out the game before refs come under further scrutiny. Personally I'm happy if a ref goes through a game, making less mistakes than the players make.
      bigears
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,125 posts | 287 
      • My bird looks great in red
      Reply #629: Jan 27, 2011 08:36:27 pm
      scrappy but effective we held on in and got a result things can only get better live stream i was watching froze a few times.
      redkenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 24,912 posts | 1058 
      • 97 - Always Remembered
      Reply #630: Jan 27, 2011 08:42:31 pm

Either that or send them weekly installments of your video diaries. You'll put them right eh  :f_whistle:  ;)

Interesting to see how many votes Meireles got for man of the match. I thought he struggled at times and sh*t out of a tackle more than once. Not putting him down like, just didn't think he was the best. I thought Kelly stood out though. Was miles ahead of the game at times and caused a good bit of danger. Made Kuyt look even more tired and showed Johnson up for positioning.

bigvYNWA
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,795 posts | 994 
      Reply #631: Jan 27, 2011 08:44:27 pm
      Refs do get criticized for their mistakes.  A lot.  I for one am happy if they only make a few, but they are never going to get every decision right.  Personally, I'd like to seem them be allowed to and regularly book players who request bookings, claim throw-ins/fouls etc.  Any player apart from the outfield captain complaining to the ref should be booked.  So much more I want out the game before refs come under further scrutiny. Personally I'm happy if a ref goes through a game, making less mistakes than the players make.

I'm talking about the ones like Berbaflops pen against us, for example. Webb deserved a fine for giving that.

I agree on the players though, there is too much player gabbing at them. It goes both ways, i agree. I just think refs get off to easy and thus don't care too much about the times they make a bad decision because they just go on with their job.

Saying that, Webb actually deserves to be shot.
      bigvYNWA
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,795 posts | 994 
      Reply #632: Jan 27, 2011 08:49:51 pm
      Either that or send them weekly installments of your video diaries. You'll put them right eh  :f_whistle:  ;)

Interesting to see how many votes Meireles got for man of the match. I thought he struggled at times and sh*t out of a tackle more than once. Not putting him down like, just didn't think he was the best. I thought Kelly stood out though. Was miles ahead of the game at times and caused a good bit of danger. Made Kuyt look even more tired and showed Johnson up for positioning.

:lmao: There's an idea.. I am just getting around to starting up a blog in which i'll do occasional videos on as well :D

I voted for Meireles myself, though he still wasn't fantastic - i don't think anyone truly shone and i guess i noticed Meireles the most when i watched it. Being at the game could give a different perspective though, of course. Kelly would have been my other pick, that guy really is impressing me. Keeps it up and he'll be on my jersey next year! :D I really love how he plays like a player who has been playing top level footy for years. Not afraid to take the game on, and rarely makes a big mistake at all. Showing a lot of older players up as well.
      Red5man
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,616 posts | 76 
      Reply #633: Jan 27, 2011 08:53:50 pm
      Thought Kelly was good on the day but he wasn't even our best outside back in the game. Johnson was superb. Kelly beaten to the byline two times by Johnson and resulted in their two best chances of the match.
      redkenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 24,912 posts | 1058 
      • 97 - Always Remembered
      Reply #634: Jan 27, 2011 09:25:38 pm
      Thought Kelly was good on the day but he wasn't even our best outside back in the game. Johnson was superb. Kelly beaten to the byline two times by Johnson and resulted in their two best chances of the match.

See I thought Johnson was all over the show in the second half mate. Mainly when we were under pressure in the latter stages of the game where a lot of the play was coming down our left side.
      KennyIsKing
      • Banned

• 4,628 posts | 129 
      Reply #635: Jan 28, 2011 12:47:11 am
      See I thought Johnson was all over the show in the second half mate. Mainly when we were under pressure in the latter stages of the game where a lot of the play was coming down our left side.

Yep.

Good call.

Quick Reply