Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 23rd of May and on this date LFC's match record is P9 W4 D1 L4

Emiliano Insua (Juventus; Sporting Lisbon)

Read 24225 times
      carragerrard
      • Forum Legend - Fagan
      • Started Topic

• 3,584 posts | 94 
      Emiliano Insua (Juventus; Sporting Lisbon)
      Jan 27, 2011 07:26:05 pm
      Liverpool defender Emiliano Insua is reportedly wanted by Juventus on loan.
      The 22-year-old full back joined Galatasaray on loan at the start of the season, and appeared to be out of the club's plans following the arrival of Roy Hodgson and the signing of Paul Konchesky in the summer.

However, the subsequent departure of Hodgson and arrival of Anfield hero Kenny Dalglish has given hope to Insua with regards to a future at Liverpool, and the player has stated his desire to play for the Merseysiders under the Scotsman.

Italian publication Tuttosport claim that Juventus are now interested in taking the player on loan though, and Dalglish's decision on the Argentine could provide a clue as to his long-term future with Liverpool.

Insua has struggled to hold down a first-team place on loan at the Turkish giants, and their Italian counterparts believe an opportunity is available to bring the player to Serie 'A'.

Liverpool could be keen to recall the player, given that Glen Johnson is currently operating in the left-back position at Anfield, and a decision is expected before the end of the transfer window.

Source: Givemefootball.com

This story has been reproduced from today's media. It does not necessarily represent the position of Liverpool Football Club.

Author: Givemefootball.com
      « Last Edit: Aug 27, 2011 01:40:47 am by Reslivo »
      lester76
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,810 posts | 242 
      Re: Emiliano Insua (Juventus)
      Reply #1: Jan 28, 2011 02:59:03 am
      If ever there was a time and manager at LFC to trust in youngsters it is now.
      I hope sincerely that he comes back...like to see what KK and SC can do with a highly potentially good young back four of kelly, skrtel, agger and insua.
      TonioLerouge
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,170 posts | 59 
      Reply #2: Jan 28, 2011 01:16:23 pm
      We don't need him this season, Johnson is good enough at LB, and we have Aurelio as back up.
      sergio tachini
      • Banned

• 156 posts |
      Reply #3: Jan 28, 2011 07:09:01 pm
      The good thing about insua is that he has been with us that long, that he now qualifies as an english player. So when we have to play with home grown players he qualifies, whether he is good enough is another matter, but he is certainly young enough to improve. Fabio is getting on now.
      LFC Viking
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,112 posts | 38 
      • LFC: Europe's finest 5 star establishment
      Reply #4: Jan 28, 2011 07:56:53 pm
      Liverpool could be keen to recall the player, given that Glen Johnson is currently operating in the left-back position at Anfield, and a decision is expected before the end of the transfer window.

Does anyone know if we can recall him at any point in the season or is this just him coming back at the end?
      gironda
      • Forum Markus Babbel

• 74 posts | -1 
      Reply #5: Jan 28, 2011 08:17:12 pm
      We don't need him this season, Johnson is good enough at LB, and we have Aurelio as back up.

But really, is Aurelio the most reliable back up? What if Johnson is out for 4-5 games?

I can't believe some people are against having Insua back. He's only 22 and he's been capped by Argentina. Granted, Maradona was giving out caps like lollies, but still. Argentina.

Also, someone else pointed out he classifies as 'home grown'. It's a no-brainer.
      TheDoc
      • Forum John Toshack

• 274 posts |
      Reply #6: Jan 28, 2011 09:40:31 pm
      I hope he has stopped eating the pies! After a promising start he did slow down and put weight on which severely hampered development.

If we got a slimline Insua back I'd take him.
      bigears
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,125 posts | 287 
      • My bird looks great in red
      Reply #7: Feb 19, 2011 11:04:27 pm
      i was never a fan of his ,but im starting to sway towards bringing him back,we cant rely on aurelio because of injurys ,hes only 22,rafa i dont think could get the best out of him ,kenny could possibly do it,we all know how slow he was at getting back to cover,but with the right men at the helm he could be a revelation.
      s@int
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,987 posts | 2282 
      Reply #8: Feb 20, 2011 01:15:44 am
      I would just sell him. Not good enough imo, we need better. He makes Johnson look like Bobby Moore (no, not blond and slow, but like a good defender.) 
      thereds13
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,206 posts | 18 
      Reply #9: Feb 20, 2011 09:47:23 am
      I like Insua and think he was thrown in to early due to Aurelio's injuries, Still think he could be a good left back.
      Wall
      • Forum John Aldridge

• 108 posts |
      • Dangerous, Unpredictable and I Make a lot of Noise
      Reply #10: Feb 20, 2011 10:22:40 am
      I thought he played mint when he was only coming in for a few games here and there, but when he was playing week in week out he frailties showed. But Bigears is right he's only 22!!

Didn't he score a screamer once?
      kelvo
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,207 posts | 52 
      Reply #11: Feb 20, 2011 10:57:18 am
      I thought he played mint when he was only coming in for a few games here and there, but when he was playing week in week out he frailties showed. But Bigears is right he's only 22!!

Didn't he score a screamer once?

Yes, against Arsenal at the Emirates in the Carling cup.

Was never sure about him but anyone can make him a player, Kenny will.

Im not bothered either way to be honest.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #12: Feb 20, 2011 11:16:41 am
      I'd have him back. Him and a new left back in rotation or Emiliano as back up would very much do me. I'm one who rates him and thinks he could be a good player.
      corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #13: Feb 20, 2011 12:41:39 pm
      To poor defensively, we need better than Insua for our left back slot
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,986 posts | 3061 
      Reply #14: Feb 20, 2011 01:12:27 pm
      To poor defensively, we need better than Insua for our left back slot
      Tend to agree - me and couple mates (one a Celtc and one a Manc) were discussing left-backs over some continental lager last week. Worldwide it's not a position that's over-stuffed with quality
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,599 posts | 1813 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #15: Feb 20, 2011 01:35:17 pm
      This guy is the past now. Just sell him, and move on.
      adammac
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,762 posts | 239 
      • Heart As Big As Liverpool
      Reply #16: Feb 20, 2011 01:41:33 pm
      I would let Insua back in, he is still a young player at 22 and would count under the homegrown rule as he was with the club for a while. With Aurelio being crocked as always I would bring him back as cover at LB.
      corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #17: Feb 20, 2011 01:45:15 pm
      Don't want to be getting into another debate, but surely people can see Johnson is a much better left back than Insua even if it is not his natural position
      harrydunn08
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,927 posts | 968 
      Reply #18: Feb 21, 2011 03:06:49 pm
      I'd have him back. Him and a new left back in rotation or Emiliano as back up would very much do me. I'm one who rates him and thinks he could be a good player.

I agree with you.  I wish we never would have loaned him out as I was opposed to the Konchesky deal from the off....still pisses me off that we flogged off Dalla Valle in that deal.  Anyway, Insua is still young and has time on his side.  Maybe he will never turn into a world beater of a LB, but he has the potential to be a solid player IMO. 

Just think back to how many people wanted Lucas to be shown the door over the last 2 years, and now he is F***ing bossing the midfield for us!  Let Kenny work with Insua for a season or two and then see where he is at.
      StevieGTheCaptain8
      • Forum Ian St John

• 444 posts | 11 
      • Italian Fan
      Reply #19: Feb 23, 2011 08:29:31 pm
      He's a good player, I hope he'll come back to Anfield. And don't worry about the gossip: TUTTOSPORT is the worst newspaper in Italy, it always tells transfers and news about them that they NEVER happen. For example, it said "Pazzini at Juve!" or "Matri to Milan!" so much before that Pazzo went in Milan side Inter and Matri went to Turin to play for Juventus. But there are a very lot more..
      NEVER TRUST TO TUTTOSPORT..
      gazza31
      • Banned

• 2,751 posts | 35 
      Reply #20: Feb 23, 2011 09:48:14 pm

Errrr, just a question. What have you seen from a fat slow left back who has no sense of position that you would welcome him back. Have you actually seen him play? One good goal doesn't make a left back. Now would be interested in how you can honestly view his performances as good you have seen this one play at least haven't you!
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #21: Feb 24, 2011 11:27:13 pm
      Grow up.

He was very good in his first season with the first team when he was rotating in and out of the first team. In that role i'd like to have him back with a new left back as i said, if you bothered to read.
      Macedonian_Red
      • Banned

• 4,762 posts | 63 
      Reply #22: Jun 18, 2011 12:07:52 am

Well, I was just looking at the Premier League retained players list and the Premier League free transfers list ... Surprise, surprise ...

The Premier League has released the lists of Retained and Free Transfer players

In accordance with Premier League Rules L.30 & L34 the list of players retained by Premier League clubs and the list of players granted free transfers are available through the below links.

Please note that this information is correct as of the 26th of May for the Retained List and 1st of June for the Free Transfers list.

Retained List
      Free Transfers List

http://www.premierleague.com/page/Headlines/0,,12306~2376943,00.html

Quick Reply