Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P24 W11 D6 L7

Worlds greatest stadiums

Read 19592 times
      little-Luis:)
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 7,844 posts | 179 
      Re: Worlds greatest stadiums
      Reply #23: Feb 20, 2011 04:18:02 pm
      Aside from Anfield obviously, but would have to echo the OP, Croke Park is just awesome.

it even has it's own 'Kop' - Hill 16

LFCBAFC
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,539 posts | 30 
      • Scousers rule the country!
      Reply #24: Feb 20, 2011 04:22:13 pm
      You can't beat Holker Street...

Alba Red
      • Forum John Aldridge

• 108 posts |
      Reply #25: Feb 23, 2011 06:53:28 pm
      Can't beat Hampden On a sunny saturday Afternoon. :)
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,050 posts | 6294 
      Reply #26: Jul 13, 2011 02:24:15 am
      Since College Football is coming up soon here are some of the immortal stadiums in the US....

The Horseshoe in Columbus, Ohio. Home of the Ohio State Buckeyes

The Big House in Ann Arbor, Michigan. Home of the Michigan Wolverines - capacity 109,901

Tiger Stadium in Baton Rouge, Louisiana. Home of the LSU Tigers - amazing thing about this stadium is the upper decks. When you see them in person they look freakishly high, can't believe people actually sit up there

soxfan
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,478 posts | 59 
      Reply #27: Jul 13, 2011 02:38:43 am
      Lambeau Field in Green Bay Wisconsin USA, home of the NFL's Green Bay Packers. Imagine Anfield on a block of snow and ice, that's basically what it is and what the fan support is like. Green Bay is the only NFL club owned by the supporters. Lambeau is nicknamed The Frozen Tundra.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UJTpwrqsJWE
      Hab
      • On Trial

• 2 posts |
      Reply #28: Aug 08, 2011 08:11:18 am
      All these are amazingly beautiful sports places. Thanks for the photos. By the way, I want to invite you guys if you'll never have the chance to watch all these exciting games live from these great stadiums, you could have the best option at Rileys Fanzone. Enjoy the Fanzone experience! You'll love the big HD screens, 3D,comfortable seating and a Sports Bar experience second to none. Thanks Everyone!
      adammac
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,757 posts | 239 
      • Heart As Big As Liverpool
      Reply #29: Aug 08, 2011 07:09:54 pm
      One of the great one in CONCACAF is Azteca Stadium in Mexico City which sits over 100k and is home to Club American.

Reprobate
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 11,055 posts | 436 
      • Avatar by Kitster29@Deviantart.com
      Reply #30: Aug 08, 2011 07:11:17 pm
      Impressive but with no running track, why have the pitch so far away from the stands?
      kelvo
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,207 posts | 52 
      Reply #31: Dec 27, 2011 09:13:30 am
      From personal experience following the Reds I would say the Millennium at Cardiff and the Nou Camp are both fantastic stadiums.

In the future would love to go and see us at the Allianz or Mestalla, proper football stadiums.
      Magillionare
      • Official LFC Reds Sig Maker. Lives on Sesame Street.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      • Hold on a minute, John Wayne hasn't arrived yet.
      Reply #32: Dec 27, 2011 01:13:35 pm

Next World Cup final should be in this beast
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,326 posts | 2823 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #33: Dec 27, 2011 01:19:02 pm
      It will be!

I miss it so much, can't wait for it to re-open, but it'll only happen in 2013.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,115 posts | 4878 
      Reply #34: Dec 27, 2011 07:37:46 pm
      I did a tour of the San Siro while on holiday in Italy and it is every bit as impressive as it looks in a picture. The structure of the stadium with those pillars and roof make it stand out from most other European stadiums and it is one of my favourites.
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,326 posts | 2823 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #35: Dec 27, 2011 07:44:09 pm
      The San Siro is amazing, I did the tour as well, also watched Milan 3-0 Sampdoria there. The atmosphere was great, Milan were on their way to become Italian champions so the crowd was very excited.
      BarneyLFC
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,838 posts | 137 
      Reply #36: Feb 25, 2012 01:12:50 am
      Old Tiger Stadium.
      The Big House.
      Camp Nou.
      Madison Square Garden.

Most are American, as that's where I live.
      Red Barrovian
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,356 posts | 77 
      Reply #37: Feb 25, 2012 02:44:36 am
      Aside from Anfield, the only really major stadiums I've gone to is Wembley, Stadium of Light, Riverside & DW. Outside of England I've visited the Amway Arena in Orlando to watch WWE Raw.

And of course the Sun Life Stadium in Miami, to watch Barca get smashed by Guadalajara last summer. Great game and wonderful stadium.

First three goals in this game are boss:

FC Barcelona 1-4 Chivas Guadalajara | All Goals, Only goals | 4/8/2011
      liverbirdie
      • Forum Youth Player

• 9 posts |
      Reply #38: Apr 03, 2012 09:45:08 am
      I went to the Azteca about 10 years ago.  That was amazing

Only been to a stadium tour of the Nou Camp which was impressive enough so still need to go to a game there, but there is only one Anfield.  After 30 years plus of going, but never a season ticket holder, it still makes my hair on the back of my neck stand up and puts a tear in my eye
      YANK_LFC_FAN
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 3,506 posts | 424 
      • Timid men prefer the calm of despotism!
      Reply #39: Apr 07, 2012 06:08:06 pm
      Cowboys Stadium, pretty much America's version of Wembley in the fact of the time and money it took to build. I dislike most of the things about Jerry Jones and his organisation, but it's hard not to admire the stadium itself. Modern, technological, great.

I like some of the features, I like how the roof opens horizontally and down the sides. I like that the windows on both ends can open and you get the air flow. I dont hate it, but I dont really like it either.  Its that whole "Bigger is better" Texas, sh*t. I prefer more intimate parks where your closer to the field and confined. I dont want a 160 ft x 78 ft TV plastered in front of me either.

Not too mention its a 1.2 BILLION dollar stadium and it has a turf field.  Turf sucks. Its ugly and just looks like sh*t, it looks cheap and fake. Not just the turf at Dallas but everywhere.Sports is meant to be played on grass not green carpet. If they can have a grass field in Green Bay or Cleveland, they can put grass anywhere. They should of made the field like the AZ Cardinals. That Cardinals stadium is awesome. The design and look and real grass in a dome. They just wheel the entire field out into the sun and water and cut it and let it grow, then wheel it in for the games.
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #40: Apr 07, 2012 06:13:09 pm

Next World Cup final should be in this beast

Brazil 2014 should be absolutely immense. The real home of football, carnival, sun, sea and air. What an occasion that will be and what a legendary stadium the Maracana is.

Quick Reply