Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 23rd of May and on this date LFC's match record is P9 W4 D1 L4

Luis Suarez (Liverpool -> Barcelona)

Read 788729 times
      RC9
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,929 posts | 824 
      • Formerly known as Vtorres, Vsuarez, and Vsterling.
      Re: Luis Suarez: Liverpool -> Barçelona
      Reply #6026: Jul 11, 2014 03:35:21 pm
      What Gerrard has said on the matter via his instagram.

“On an emotional day for me would just like to say what a pleasure it has been playing with an amazing talent such as Luis. I would like to thank him for his outstanding contribution on the pitch during his time @liverpoolfc and to wish him and his family all the best on his new adventure in Spain. #lfclegend”
      alex1995
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,193 posts | 165 
      Reply #6027: Jul 11, 2014 04:15:15 pm
      I wish him good luck but a big part of me wants him to fail there miserably. I'm starting to hate the fact that Real Madrid and Barca are signing the best players forastronimical fees while clubs in England deserve the very best, because they(I'm not English) are the best fans of the world and have the best league. It's frustrating to see two Spanish clubsgetting everything they want while their league is a joke.
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,986 posts | 3061 
      Reply #6028: Jul 11, 2014 04:24:15 pm
      Best of luck and thank you El Pistolero.

Your lunacy inspired genius always made me think you painted in glorious technicolour whilst the rest of the artisans in our league had to make do with pencil and charcoal.

Onwards and upwards redmen.
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #6029: Jul 11, 2014 04:30:53 pm
      Well it was good while it lasted.

What a talent. Never seen anything like it in a red shirt in my lifetime and will be a long time before I see something like it again. An absolutely mental 3 and a half years with the guy and it was an honour seeing him play in the flesh. Thank you Luis for everything.

Now it is time for us to move on and upwards.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,041 posts | 3966 
      Reply #6030: Jul 11, 2014 04:33:54 pm
      Best of luck and thank you El Pistolero Kalashnikov.

Your lunacy inspired genius always made me think you painted in glorious technicolour whilst the rest of the artisans in our league had to make do with pencil and charcoal.

Onwards and upwards redmen.

Sorted that mate, ;D ;)

Fowler kop hero
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 583 posts |
      Reply #6031: Jul 11, 2014 04:36:09 pm
      Ok very funny haha joke is dragging on a bit now...... Luis where are you? Luis......... *curl up in ball and cry*
      Hollywood Balls
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,802 posts | 469 
      • PhD, School of Hard Knocks, University of Life.
      Reply #6032: Jul 11, 2014 04:43:14 pm

When he was first mooted as coming they said he had the workrate of Tevez and the skills of Fowler - I thought there was no way that was possible but in the end he surpassed them both.

Thankyou Luis from the bottom of my heart - the effort you put in were a massive asset for our team and your batshit crazy skills made us dream again!

Never really cared about Spanish football but I will be watching Barca every week now ;)
      QuicoGalante
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,509 posts | 120 
      • Uruguay 2030
      Reply #6033: Jul 11, 2014 04:53:30 pm
      Gutted. Think professionally its a big mistake, but I understand his personal reasons. As ive said on the other thread, i believe his destination was always Barcelona, from the moment he left Uruguay, and Liverpool and Ajax were just stops in the way.

He gave his all and more, and all his madness comes from the fact that the man wants to win at all costs. He will do anything to suceed, and its what i have come to expect from every player around him. He brings that inner fire to the pitch and whoever plays around him seem to become better, more focused and hard working. He is so much more than just a goal scorer/genious player. It is SO RARE that a talent of his caliber comes accompanied with such a remarkable (and at moments humbling and inspiring) determination and work ethic, that i dont recall EVER witnessing such a complete player. Ive seen true world class players in my time, but none matched his will to win at any cost, and his effort.

He is so much more than just goals/assists and moments of magic (as if that wasnt just enough). We all just have to go trough the match threads from the season before last, when things were nothing like last season. He was by far the best player of the league, and our most outstanding player almost every match...even when he didnt score/assist, he pushed us forward and upwards. A one man Train Engine. He is a Duracell Bunny on steroids.

Im sad beyond belief, and im not even a Scouse. Im from Uruguay, and i have come to love this club before Luis ever arrived, for reasons ive explained before. You guys and us Uruguayans feel football in a very similar way, and i believe this was the place for him, professionally. He could have been a demi god here, a Legend, a King. But Barca was always on his mind, ever since his then girlfriend left Uruguay. It was on his mind when he left for Groennigen, when he played for Ajax coached by Van Basten, when he played for us coached by the great Kenny.

Cant blame him, I understand his motivations, but it doesnt make it any less heart breaking.

Replace him you say? Yes, he will be replaced, but i dont think there is another one like him around, the complete footballer. He cant be replaced, but we have to. Others will come and go, and a few are bound to excel, but i dont think we will see his raw talent in any player anytime soon, and i dont think he has reached his peak yet. Dont know if he will ever develop his full potential at Barca.

The team as a unit may do just as well without him, we may even challenge for the leage or win it. But his talent and madness while wearing the famous Red will be missed, at least by me. Good luck to him and his family

Sorry for the long rant, but my language is Spanish, and some things i wanted to say are hard to express in my own language, imagine trying in another
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,986 posts | 3061 
      Reply #6034: Jul 11, 2014 05:52:47 pm
      Gutted. Think professionally its a big mistake, but I understand his personal reasons. As ive said on the other thread, i believe his destination was always Barcelona, from the moment he left Uruguay, and Liverpool and Ajax were just stops in the way.

He gave his all and more, and all his madness comes from the fact that the man wants to win at all costs. He will do anything to suceed, and its what i have come to expect from every player around him. He brings that inner fire to the pitch and whoever plays around him seem to become better, more focused and hard working. He is so much more than just a goal scorer/genious player. It is SO RARE that a talent of his caliber comes accompanied with such a remarkable (and at moments humbling and inspiring) determination and work ethic, that i dont recall EVER witnessing such a complete player. Ive seen true world class players in my time, but none matched his will to win at any cost, and his effort.

He is so much more than just goals/assists and moments of magic (as if that wasnt just enough). We all just have to go trough the match threads from the season before last, when things were nothing like last season. He was by far the best player of the league, and our most outstanding player almost every match...even when he didnt score/assist, he pushed us forward and upwards. A one man Train Engine. He is a Duracell Bunny on steroids.

Im sad beyond belief, and im not even a Scouse. Im from Uruguay, and i have come to love this club before Luis ever arrived, for reasons ive explained before. You guys and us Uruguayans feel football in a very similar way, and i believe this was the place for him, professionally. He could have been a demi god here, a Legend, a King. But Barca was always on his mind, ever since his then girlfriend left Uruguay. It was on his mind when he left for Groennigen, when he played for Ajax coached by Van Basten, when he played for us coached by the great Kenny.

Cant blame him, I understand his motivations, but it doesnt make it any less heart breaking.

Replace him you say? Yes, he will be replaced, but i dont think there is another one like him around, the complete footballer. He cant be replaced, but we have to. Others will come and go, and a few are bound to excel, but i dont think we will see his raw talent in any player anytime soon, and i dont think he has reached his peak yet. Dont know if he will ever develop his full potential at Barca.

The team as a unit may do just as well without him, we may even challenge for the leage or win it. But his talent and madness while wearing the famous Red will be missed, at least by me. Good luck to him and his family

Sorry for the long rant, but my language is Spanish, and some things i wanted to say are hard to express in my own language, imagine trying in another

Reads very well to me mate and more particularly makes perfect sense to my way of thinking.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,423 posts | 6420 
      Reply #6035: Jul 11, 2014 06:01:36 pm
      Words so easily said, so hard to believe I guess.....

two months after signing his latest long term contract with us.....

“I am so happy both on and off the pitch. I know I can achieve my dreams here,” he said.

“The fans have helped me so much. They have always supported me and always had confidence in me. I really feel that support in my heart.

“Stevie has told me about Champions League nights at Anfield. He said when you have played Champions League football at Anfield you will never forget it. I want to try it for myself.”
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #6036: Jul 11, 2014 06:08:06 pm
      I hate Barca! Wish they never won their appeal when they were banned from signing players. They have made some quality signings though, real signal of intent.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #6037: Jul 11, 2014 06:51:03 pm
      Words so easily said, so hard to believe I guess.....

two months after signing his latest long term contract with us.....

“I am so happy both on and off the pitch. I know I can achieve my dreams here,” he said.

“The fans have helped me so much. They have always supported me and always had confidence in me. I really feel that support in my heart.

“Stevie has told me about Champions League nights at Anfield. He said when you have played Champions League football at Anfield you will never forget it. I want to try it for myself.”

I don't doubt the man at the time. However his motive as a footballer since he began playing was to move to Europe and in particular Barcelona for family reasons.

Once this came about there was only one ending.

I'll miss him so much. Last season hurt so much coming up short that I refused to watch any highlights of any match until today just so I could see him in red still.

Good luck Luis. Don't think I'll ever see another player like you in football. Infectious, genius, madman.
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #6038: Jul 11, 2014 06:57:32 pm
      Good luck to the crazy b***ard, we'll never replace him individually, but he's played with his heart and rewarded us with a handsome fee to try and do it collectively, I hope he cleans up in Spain, except for this season's Champions League, but if we can't win it, I hope he does.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #6039: Jul 11, 2014 07:03:12 pm
      Will be interesting to see how he gets on with Messi, Suarez is probably the only player who could knock Messi off his perch at Barca. Guarantee if he is playing better and scoring more goals than him then he will kick off and have him moved to a different role like what happened with Ibrahimovic.
      sebby
      • Forum Alan Hansen

• 630 posts | 61 
      Reply #6040: Jul 11, 2014 07:08:44 pm
      Will also say good luck to him,he plays the game like his life depends on it,can't really see anyone stopping Barca with a Messi, Suarez partnership,sad to see him go, but people change jobs,and Liverpool FC will move on as we always have done.
      RedPuppy
      • Still European.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 19,258 posts | 2856 
      • Parum Rutilus Canis: Illegitimi non carborundum
      Reply #6041: Jul 11, 2014 07:32:59 pm
      He's a great player, but frankly I could not be arsed he's gone.

Same sh*t each transfer season, banned for a third of his contract, and for the pleasure of this, he was at the end being paid £200k a week.

Adios amigo, and smell you later.
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #6042: Jul 11, 2014 07:53:25 pm
      Top player and despite everything a top man... Good luck, Luis!

As for us time to figure a viable way to replace the huge hole he will leave behind.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,423 posts | 6420 
      Reply #6043: Jul 11, 2014 08:17:57 pm
      Just watched a compilation of all of his LFC goals. Had forgotten a few, he was an absolutely genius scorer. Be interesting to see how he and Messi do in the same team. Could be the beginning of the end for all other European teams if they click.

At his high or at his low he was unplayable. At his high he couldn't be stopped...at his lows, he couldn't get on the field....so for me that's the best word to describe him bar none....unplayable.
      craglad
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,009 posts | 25 
      Reply #6044: Jul 11, 2014 09:05:41 pm
      Wasn't this upset when the Mrs left.
      Paisleydalglish
      Reply #6045: Jul 11, 2014 09:13:30 pm
      Wasn't this upset when the Mrs left.

Did you directly replace her? Or did you get two or three in to try to supplement what she gave you?

:D
      ORCHARD RED
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,526 posts | 1457 
      • 6 Times!
      Reply #6046: Jul 11, 2014 09:30:22 pm
      Thanks for the memories Luis. Feel free to bite the F**k out of anyone you want now! Bet his luck goes and he gets injured now!
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #6047: Jul 11, 2014 09:41:27 pm
      Just watched a compilation of all of his LFC goals. Had forgotten a few, he was an absolutely genius scorer. Be interesting to see how he and Messi do in the same team. Could be the beginning of the end for all other European teams if they click.

At his high or at his low he was unplayable. At his high he couldn't be stopped...at his lows, he couldn't get on the field....so for me that's the best word to describe him bar none....unplayable.

Can't see it in all honesty. Don't think Luis Enrique is a great manager. Other players have entered Barca in grander times, Mascherano in particular. Luis Suarez is entering at a time when they've lost that aura about them and their key cogs of Xavi and Iniesta may be starting to fade away. With Martino last year and Enrique this year I do question the way that club is going about its business and this signing seems like a desperate attempt by Barca in trying to regain that stature they had. A grander statement would have been to hire a manager like Klopp, in which they strategically move away from tili taka to gegenpressen sort of football - the paradigm set by Klopp himself that is most fashionable today. Can he help them regain it? If they're not going to utilise a style of play that got the best out of him here at Liverpool then I'm not so sure.
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,682 posts | 6976 
      Reply #6048: Jul 11, 2014 09:47:22 pm
      I wish him all the best - I genuinely hope he gets his act together and does well.

But I'd love it if we beat them in the European Cup final.

Might have to buy ourselves a couple of World Class players first though!!

Quick Reply