Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 1st of May and on this date LFC's match record is P32 W19 D5 L8

Luis Suarez (Liverpool -> Barcelona)

Read 784861 times
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Re: Luis Suarez: Liverpool -> Barçelona
      Reply #6141: Aug 15, 2014 10:26:54 pm
      I genuinely don't give 2 shits how he gets on with Barca, I only care about Liverpool players.
      you do realise that you clicked on the luis Suarez thread right? Personally,  I hope he has a time like Torres when he went to Chelsea. 
      RC9
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,924 posts | 823 
      • Formerly known as Vtorres, Vsuarez, and Vsterling.
      Reply #6142: Aug 15, 2014 11:19:08 pm
      you do realise that you clicked on the luis Suarez thread right? Personally,  I hope he has a time like Torres when he went to Chelsea. 

Why? May i ask.

Me personally, have no bitterness towards him and hope he goes onto be one of the best in La Liga because he is that good, Liverpool player or not i appreciate great footballers e.g Messi, Suarez, Silva etc etc
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,338 posts | 6390 
      Reply #6143: Aug 16, 2014 12:53:35 am
      Why? May i ask.

Me personally, have no bitterness towards him and hope he goes onto be one of the best in La Liga because he is that good, Liverpool player or not i appreciate great footballers e.g Messi, Suarez, Silva etc etc
      So you enjoyed watching an ex girlfriend go out with another dude? Did you hope that she really enjoyed moving the furniture with him? ;D
      RC9
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,924 posts | 823 
      • Formerly known as Vtorres, Vsuarez, and Vsterling.
      Reply #6144: Aug 16, 2014 12:57:33 am
      So you enjoyed watching an ex girlfriend go out with another dude? Did you hope that she really enjoyed moving the furniture with him? ;D

Like i have said in the how much will you miss Suarez thread, i didn't get too attached to him but appreciated what he did for the team, so more like seeing my ex friends with benefits person going out with someone and not caring. BUT would not be bitter about it either.
      Reslivo
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,490 posts | 521 
      Reply #6145: Aug 16, 2014 12:59:26 am
      Hated Barca, but now that Luis is there I don't seem to mind them as much.

I wish only the best for him, to be honest.
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,500 posts | 4839 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Reply #6146: Aug 16, 2014 09:00:02 am
      I wish him all the best in the world unless it's against us.

Gave me some of the best memories I've had off a Liverpool player. It was a pleasure to have him here. And for all his desires to do one he still cared, it's just that he was a f**king lunatic as well.

#closure

http://youtu.be/aJREpYEVYJE

http://youtu.be/LmrH846mE9M

Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,976 posts | 3059 
      Reply #6147: Aug 16, 2014 09:18:57 am
      I'll say it very very quietly........

I've a hunch he might be back.

Dunno why - just the way that Barca / Real turn over big signings.
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,440 posts | 3422 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #6148: Aug 16, 2014 10:25:13 am
      I'll say it very very quietly........

I've a hunch he might be back.

Dunno why - just the way that Barca / Real turn over big signings.

don't see it myself..
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #6149: Aug 16, 2014 03:56:39 pm

Get to f**k. I hope he flies at Barcelona because he deserves it and he earned our respect to wish him well unlike Torres. You really are a wally Ribarpuru.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,338 posts | 6390 
      Reply #6150: Aug 16, 2014 04:02:17 pm
      Get to f**k. I hope he flies at Barcelona because he deserves it and he earned our respect to wish him well unlike Torres. You really are a wally Ribarpuru.

The only way he is different than Torres is that Torres was crap when he left us. Luis used us as a stepping stone and was never going to stay or be loyal. Tried to screw us over last summer with a ridiculous push to join a rival! I personally don't care how he gets on at Barca. He will never find the love and adoration there that he had here. Every great that has left us has regretted it, he will be no different.
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #6151: Aug 16, 2014 04:12:03 pm
      The only way he is different than Torres is that Torres was crap when he left us. Luis used us as a stepping stone and was never going to stay or be loyal. Tried to screw us over last summer with a ridiculous push to join a rival! I personally don't care how he gets on at Barca. He will never find the love and adoration there that he had here. Every great that has left us has regretted it, he will be no different.

There's something special about Luis that makes me believe in his abilities with or without Liverpool.
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #6152: Aug 16, 2014 04:17:41 pm
      There's something special about Luis that makes me believe in his abilities with or without Liverpool.

Yeah absolutely, Luis is probably the finest player I've seen at our club. He was the perfect player from my perspective and loved every minute of watching him play for us. I'll miss him and his moments of genius for sure and I'll most certainly wish him all the best because I've no doubt, no matter how much he wanted away, he always gave 100% and for that he has my utmost respect.

Flawed for sure, but I personally could live with it. It wasn't as if he was scarring these people for life, much worse things are done on a football pitch, I mean Ashley Young just had a bird sh*t in his mouth, personally I'd rather be bitten. In all seriousness though I thought the media reactions were massively staged and over dramatised, which is to be expected.

I'm glad the lad has had the training part of his ban removed, that was stupid, hopefully the charitable work part is also removed, can't understand things like that. The punishment was harsh but to stave off any conspiracy theories regarding Barca I'm glad it's been upheld with regards official games.

Best of luck Luis, it was a pleasure.
      « Last Edit: Aug 16, 2014 05:38:46 pm by KopiteLuke »
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,338 posts | 6390 
      Reply #6153: Aug 16, 2014 04:18:23 pm
      I appreciate his abilities, but his behaviors have soured me.
      Paisleydalglish
      Reply #6154: Aug 16, 2014 05:00:56 pm
      Yeah absolutely, Luis is probably the finest player I've seen at our club.

Really mate?

How old are you out of interest Luke? Always thought you were about my age?

: Obvious edit, people are of course allowed to think that any player is the best they've seen.

KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #6155: Aug 16, 2014 05:24:27 pm
      Really mate?

How old are you out of interest Luke? Always thought you were about my age?

: Obvious edit, people are of course allowed to think that any player is the best they've seen.

As my great old Nan used to say a little older than my teeth and the same age as my gums! :D

36 mate.

Yeah I honestly do think he is the best player we've ever had in my time watching us. Of course the older generation will be able to include the teams of the late 70's early 80's I'm a little too young to have appreciated them in their full glory. My idol growing up was Robbie and of course Gerrard has been world class for such a long period of time he will always get in the top 5 but for doing things I believe no other player could have done, Luis is the best.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,010 posts | 3953 
      Reply #6156: Aug 16, 2014 05:30:15 pm
      As my great old Nan used to say a little older than my teeth and the same age as my gums! :D

36 mate.

Yeah I honestly do think he is the best player we've ever had in my time watching us. Of course the older generation will be able to include the teams of the late 70's early 80's I'm a little too young to have appreciated them in their full glory. My idol growing up was Robbie and of course Gerrard has been world class for such a long period of time he will always get in the top 5 but for doing things I believe no other player could have done, Luis is the best.

Couldn't disagree mate about the faulted genius that is Luis Suarez, for me tho' bud King Kenny doesn't have that title for nothing.
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #6157: Aug 16, 2014 05:34:07 pm

36 mate.

It's hard to think of a more technically gifted player at the club. Never seen anything like it and I doubt I'll see anything like it in a red shirt for a long long time....bar Sterling of course!
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #6158: Aug 16, 2014 05:36:21 pm
      I appreciate his abilities, but his behaviors have soured me.

We signed a player who we knew was volatile and unpredictable. What happened was not ideal but not a surprise. I genuinely thought that when we signed him we would separate on bad terms but with brilliance in between. He didn't leave on bad terms. He left the club in my highest regards.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #6159: Aug 16, 2014 05:43:00 pm

36 mate.

I'd still rate Robbie very very slightly above Luis, he was such a natural goal scorer in his prime plus showed more loyalty and class.
      RedPuppy
      • Still European.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 19,253 posts | 2855 
      • Parum Rutilus Canis: Illegitimi non carborundum
      Reply #6160: Aug 16, 2014 07:02:01 pm
      We had a great season last time around, could have been better if someone was not banned for a sh*t load of games.

Don't get me wrong, but now, anything to do with Suarez,

FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,338 posts | 6390 
      Reply #6161: Aug 16, 2014 08:56:04 pm
      We had a great season last time around, could have been better if someone was not banned for a sh*t load of games.

Don't get me wrong, but now, anything to do with Suarez,

Perfect!
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #6162: Aug 17, 2014 11:48:55 pm
      I love the lunatic and the world of football is privileged to see him at his best but I F***ing hate Barca so much I do hope he stutters a little.

And Neymar and Messi both get injured. 
      bigvYNWA
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,795 posts | 994 
      Reply #6163: Aug 18, 2014 09:12:14 am
      I genuinely don't give 2 shits how he gets on with Barca, I only care about Liverpool players.

Would you like another spoon of irony in your morning coffee? ;)

Personally looking forward to seeing how he goes at Barca, no hard feelings on my part - more just sadness it couldn't work out for a long haul here, but it is what it is. Always put in a shift, the tears near the end of last season more than Torres ever mustered before he sulked out the door.

Good to see him back training, ludicrous aspect of the ban that was.

Quick Reply