Trending Topics

Next match: West Ham v LFC [Premier League] Sat 27th Apr @ 12:30 pm
      London Stadium

Today is the 26th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P24 W15 D7 L2

Luis Suarez (Liverpool -> Barcelona)

Read 784200 times
      Kopite78
      Re: Luis Suarez (Liverpool -> Barcelona)
      Reply #7222: Apr 26, 2019 12:47:31 pm
      The attempted PR campaign begins

F**k off Luis
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #7223: Apr 26, 2019 01:00:59 pm
      The attempted PR campaign begins

F**k off Luis

Seems like a pretty good interview to me. Speaks highly of us in it.
      CT_LFC
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,808 posts | 1402 
      Reply #7224: Apr 26, 2019 01:50:06 pm

I'm sure Coutinho would also speak highly of us, but those sweet words did not stop them from being absolute assholes pushing for a move out of the club. F**k them both.
      Kopite78
      Reply #7225: Apr 26, 2019 01:54:10 pm

You don't find the timing surprising?

Try to soften the Anfield welcome by doing stories of how much they love us

sh*te pr this to me

Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #7226: Apr 26, 2019 01:56:46 pm
      He's still a c**t.
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,972 posts | 3057 
      Reply #7227: Apr 26, 2019 01:57:55 pm
      I hope we give ‘em both F**k all and get behind the ones that matter.......wearing the Liver bird.

Ex players are like ex girlfriends - alright for bantering in the pub with yer mates but will F**k up your life if you’re hankering after or reminiscing.

F**k ‘em. Their loss.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      Reply #7228: Apr 26, 2019 01:58:14 pm

Sh*te pr this to me

Not really, regardless of the club and the player there’s usually something said about facing their former team. It’s not like he’s bothered what people think about him so I don’t think he’s trying to soften anything. He was a big player for us and this is the first time he’s returned to play at Anfield in a competitive game so I’d have been more shocked if there was nothing about it, especially a game of his magnitude.

Regardless of what people think of him, I think the majority of the fan base still hold him in high regard, he didn’t have the best of times with us but he left in better circumstances than Coutinho. Suarez was banished to train on his own but he soon knuckled down and ended up having his best season with us, where as Coutinho downed tools, handed in transfer requests less than 24hours before the new season and kept faking a back injury.

Suarez is aware, the fans are aware and everyone is aware that come the players crossing that white line, all loyalties go out the window, same with any former player but I don’t think there’s any sort of agenda to this interview.
      « Last Edit: Apr 26, 2019 02:02:30 pm by 7-King Kenny-7 »
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,495 posts | 4839 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Reply #7229: Apr 26, 2019 03:47:17 pm

Sh*te pr this to me

Not sure the timing is surprising. It's less than a week until his first competitive game against us at Anfield since he left. Pretty normal timing, no?
      Kopite78
      Reply #7230: Apr 26, 2019 04:34:33 pm
      Not sure the timing is surprising. It's less than a week until his first competitive game against us at Anfield since he left. Pretty normal timing, no?

Exactly my point. Barca's PR up and rolling

Maybe I'm just a cynic, but if it gets the crowd on his side a touch, softens the Anfield atmosphere a little...
      This won't come from Suarez wanting to give up his time to talk to newspapers (Suarez who notoriously hates the british press remember?) it will be from Barca telling him to
      Boston not la
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,564 posts | 766 
      Reply #7231: Apr 26, 2019 04:47:30 pm

Maybe I'm just a cynic, but if it gets the crowd on his side a touch, softens the Anfield atmosphere a little...
      This won't come from Suarez wanting to give up his time to talk to newspapers (Suarez who notoriously hates the british press remember?) it will be from Barca telling him to

Sid Lowe is a respected journo no? I thought it was a decent read.as it says Luis's kid is a born scouser,there's gotta be something there no matter what.! I expect there will be a Conor Coady interview or two if it comes to the last game.Really no agenda here.
      LMW
      • Forum Graeme Souness

• 364 posts | 112 
      Reply #7232: Apr 26, 2019 04:53:53 pm
      Just a very genuine and honest interview reflecting on his time at LFC prior to us coming up against his team.

Does that mean that the fans are going to roll out the red carpet for him at Anfield? Nah

Does that mean we are going to sing Luis Suarez songs? Absolute nah

Does that mean Anfield will be subdued because we think he was great for us 5 years ago? F**k no

An ex-red who gave us some brilliant memories, that’ll be forgotten when the ball is being kicked in both legs.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,186 posts | 4404 
      Reply #7233: Apr 26, 2019 05:01:07 pm
      No idea why people get so wound up.

Sh*t or good PR it won’t have any effect on the players or the fans, some love him, others hate him and some are just ambivalent.

7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      Reply #7234: Apr 26, 2019 05:02:44 pm

But it’s not a Spanish interview? If Barca were trying to stir anything up then it wouldn’t be Suarez they use, it would be Coutinho.
      No disrespect to Sid Lowe because he seems a decent enough journo as it goes from what I’ve seen of him (could be wrong), but why would Barca arrange an interview with him to ramp up the PR or whatever? Makes no sense.

If Barca were looking to do anything then it would be with the Echo IMO.
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,621 posts | 3917 
      Reply #7235: Apr 26, 2019 05:07:23 pm
      Kopite78
      Reply #7236: Apr 26, 2019 05:12:18 pm

Sid Lowe is a respected journo no? I thought it was a decent read.as it says Luis's kid is a born scouser,there's gotta be something there no matter what.! I expect there will be a Conor Coady interview or two if it comes to the last game.Really no agenda here.

Sid Lowe or whoever. Barca give him permission to do interviews and now, less than a week before playing us it's done

I don't really give a f**k I'll be 100% behind the reds and I couldn't give a f**k about Suarez

I'm.also not saying any of us fall for it.. I'm just saying why these things are done at these points

I doubt there will be a coady interview, he doesn't have the profile Suarez does

Suarez does not give a F**k about Liverpool. Don't kid yourself
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,975 posts | 2709 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #7237: Apr 26, 2019 05:37:36 pm

Think your spot on mate. Most scousers won't fall for it though, their too wise  ;) ;)
      Gill95
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,654 posts | 482 
      Reply #7238: May 02, 2019 07:22:57 am
      Seems like someone forgot to teach him respect. The club stood by him during his antics. Kenny during his racism incident. Then the bitting incident. That F***ing interview, World cup bite. If there was ever a F***ing piece of sh*t, then it's him. What a F***ing c**t, and to think Torres was termed as Judas. This c**t is a step above everything.

Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,975 posts | 2709 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #7239: May 02, 2019 07:34:05 am
      Seems like someone forgot to teach him respect. The club stood by him during his antics. Kenny during his racism incident. Then the bitting incident. That f**king interview, World cup bite. If there was ever a f**king piece of sh*t, then it's him. What a f**king c**t, and to think Torres was termed as Judas. This c**t is a step above everything.

Once a c**t, always a c**t. if he had any respect for Liverpool fans the least he should of done was not celebrate the goal. I didn't like him from the very start no matter what club he was at. I just knew he was a bad un. Costa who played for Chavs the same.
      Magillionare
      • Official LFC Reds Sig Maker. Lives on Sesame Street.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      • Hold on a minute, John Wayne hasn't arrived yet.
      Reply #7240: May 02, 2019 08:10:47 am
      Some of our fans on their high horses about Luis are completely deluded.

We played against the same man that played for us, anyone expecting any favours from him clearly didn’t pay enough attention when he played for us. He’s a little c**t and that’s what makes him the world class talent he is.

No hard feelings from me.
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,972 posts | 3057 
      Reply #7241: May 02, 2019 08:33:49 am
      Some of our fans on their high horses about Luis are completely deluded.

We played against the same man that played for us, anyone expecting any favours from him clearly didn’t pay enough attention when he played for us. He’s a little c**t and that’s what makes him the world class talent he is.

No hard feelings from me.

Same Mags.

He was magnificent last night.

Actually though Robbo got it right - outcunt the c**t. That was the only time to me he looked uncomfortable / genuinely riled.
      Kopite78
      Reply #7242: May 02, 2019 08:53:30 am
      I have no issue myself with him or any player celebrating a goal when they score,  it's the essence of football..  joy when you score
      I have more weird feelings players who don't

However , and probably because I don't like him and  never loved him I hated watching his antics last night

I always appreciated his talents but never warmed to him.. I defended him but he'd never in a million years get close to my lists of favourites. I doubt he'd get in the top 40 or 50

Proper pr**k.
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,438 posts | 4582 
      Reply #7243: May 02, 2019 09:32:51 am
      Still a c**t..Celebrate no problem but show a bit of class & humility against your former club which stuck with you thick & thin.,

I defended him in the past but he can kiss my Gary Glitter.. 🖕🏼
      skamp
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 834 posts | 306 
      Reply #7244: May 02, 2019 10:03:04 am
      Utter c###!  Waving the imaginary card on several occasions (like Messi!). 

Hope the Kop slaughter him on Tuesday.

Great goal though!

Quick Reply