Trending Topics

Next match: West Ham v LFC [Premier League] Sat 27th Apr @ 12:30 pm
      London Stadium

Today is the 25th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P25 W9 D9 L7

Luis Suarez (Liverpool -> Barcelona)

Read 783877 times
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,970 posts | 3054 
      Re: Luis Suarez (Liverpool -> Barcelona)
      Reply #7245: May 02, 2019 10:16:37 am
      I have no issue myself with him or any player celebrating a goal when they score,  it's the essence of football..  joy when you score
      I have more weird feelings players who don't

However , and probably because I don't like him and  never loved him I hated watching his antics last night

I always appreciated his talents but never warmed to him.. I defended him but he'd never in a million years get close to my lists of favourites. I doubt he'd get in the top 40 or 50

Proper pr**k.

Yeah don’t really disagree with that I just don’t massively get the outrage in some quarters.

He was never the same to me after he hitched his skirt up for Wenger.
      Kopite78
      Reply #7246: May 02, 2019 10:21:05 am
      Yeah don’t really disagree with that I just don’t massively get the outrage in some quarters.

He was never the same to me after he hitched his skirt up for Wenger.

Exactly

He's the ultimate mercenary

I fought to defend him when he was here but I genuinely never loved him and once he left he left and lost any backing I gave him
      Once the backing went and the love wasn't there I've always thought of him as a pr**k

Like I say he wouldn't get anywhere near my favourite Liverpool players. Absolutely nowhere near it
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #7247: May 02, 2019 11:02:46 am
      Some of our fans on their high horses about Luis are completely deluded.

We played against the same man that played for us, anyone expecting any favours from him clearly didn’t pay enough attention when he played for us. He’s a little c**t and that’s what makes him the world class talent he is.

No hard feelings from me.

Pretty much where I’m at.

Don’t know why some people are letting the celebration bother them, if it was one of our players against their former team we’d be loving it. For me I don’t give a toss if a player celebrates against their old team/us. As soon as they cross that white line against us, all loyalties go out the window. I don’t care if that’s Suarez, Gerrard, Alonso or whoever, if they score then I have no problem then celebrating because they are there to beat us not to respect us. Off the pitch as fans you can have the loyalties, appreciate they’ve done for you etc but on the pitch it’s a different story. Suarez pulled the same sh*t last night that he used to do with us, what did people expect? Can’t really bi*ch and moan about it when they loved it when it was in favour of us.

Salah celebrated against Chelsea did he not?

At the end of the day, the damage is done in them scoring against you, not the celebration. It’s not the celebration that can send you packing from a competition.

He’s a c**t of a player because he’s so desperate to win and always has been like that, but people just don’t like that he’s no longer our c**t that’s desperate to win. But to be honest, I’d rather see him score against us than Coutinho. The sh*t Coutinho was trying to pull was completely out of character to when he was with us, you’d almost expect to see him show respect to us but the way he was trying to cheat a penalty from Matip shows he’s just a typical cheating Barca player now.
      You expect to see that from Suarez, not Coutinho.
      « Last Edit: May 02, 2019 11:08:10 am by 7-King Kenny-7 »
      Dadorious
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,882 posts | 1545 
      Reply #7248: May 02, 2019 03:00:11 pm
      c**t.

Expected nothing else though.
      QuicoGalante
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,509 posts | 120 
      • Uruguay 2030
      Reply #7249: May 02, 2019 11:36:54 pm
      Hes always been like that, not sure what people expected. When he defends a club, hes the most annoying player ive ever seen.
      On the pitch, hes a c**t, and tbh i wished he was still our c**t.
      Btw, not sure on your stream, but he apologized to the travelling kop, saw it.
      That said, hope we break his F***ing heart by crushing barcelona.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,004 posts | 3952 
      Reply #7250: May 04, 2019 10:29:05 am
       No surprises, the lunatic biting and manic reactions which saw him roundly demonised in the media and pilloried by the FA mysteriously evaporated on joining Barca.

The unrestrained support Suarez got from the club and supporters was totally wasted as it appears his antics were coordinated to facilitate a move to Barca; that premise holds more weight now than ever before after witnessing his cuntish carry on Thursday.

I’m sure many others suspected the same scenario but kept faith with the player even when he got his wish and got off to Barca, unfortunately Suarez is a mercenary c**t.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,004 posts | 3952 
      Reply #7251: May 04, 2019 10:46:58 am
      Pretty much where I’m at.

Don’t know why some people are letting the celebration bother them, if it was one of our players against their former team we’d be loving it. For me I don’t give a toss if a player celebrates against their old team/us. As soon as they cross that white line against us, all loyalties go out the window. I don’t care if that’s Suarez, Gerrard, Alonso or whoever, if they score then I have no problem then celebrating because they are there to beat us not to respect us. Off the pitch as fans you can have the loyalties, appreciate they’ve done for you etc but on the pitch it’s a different story. Suarez pulled the same sh*t last night that he used to do with us, what did people expect? Can’t really bi*ch and moan about it when they loved it when it was in favour of us.

Salah celebrated against Chelsea did he not?

At the end of the day, the damage is done in them scoring against you, not the celebration. It’s not the celebration that can send you packing from a competition.

He’s a c**t of a player because he’s so desperate to win and always has been like that, but people just don’t like that he’s no longer our c**t that’s desperate to win. But to be honest, I’d rather see him score against us than Coutinho. The sh*t Coutinho was trying to pull was completely out of character to when he was with us, you’d almost expect to see him show respect to us but the way he was trying to cheat a penalty from Matip shows he’s just a typical cheating Barca player now.
      You expect to see that from Suarez, not Coutinho.

Read his autobiography and what you say about his inability to accept anything but outright victory is perfectly true, in his childhood and playing street footy he would ultra sulk for days after a defeat, that state of mind was exaggerated as his game and status elevated to the point of excluding all other emotions.

Irrespective it is not impossible for the man to hold an iota of respect for the club that played a huge part in his ultimate success, his behaviour was disrespectful to the club and the supporters.
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,748 posts | 6720 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #7252: May 05, 2019 10:33:08 pm
      c**t for me.

Loved him when he was with with us but that celebration and his antics pissed me off.

All I keep doing is thinking of when Mo scored twice v Roma last season. Now that is Class. Suarez has none!
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,955 posts | 2706 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #7253: May 06, 2019 01:01:28 pm
      C**t for me.

Loved him when he was with with us but that celebration and his antics pissed me off.

All I keep doing is thinking of when Mo scored twice v Roma last season. Now that is Class. Suarez has none!

I thought you being a c**t yourself you'd like the c**t  :lmao:
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,748 posts | 6720 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #7254: May 06, 2019 11:59:46 pm

I thought you being a c**t yourself you'd like the c**t  :lmao:

I like womens' c.... but you probably wouldn't have seen one of them in your life. unless you were looking in the mirror.

:D :D :D
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,955 posts | 2706 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #7255: May 07, 2019 08:13:38 am
      I like womens' c.... but you probably wouldn't have seen one of them in your life. unless you were looking in the mirror.

:D :D :D

:lmao: Clever c**t you aren't yeah  :lmao:
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,495 posts | 4839 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Reply #7256: May 07, 2019 10:31:00 am
      if he had any respect for Liverpool fans the least he should of done was not celebrate the goal.

Erm, what about respect for the 90,000 or so Barca supporters in the ground? In my opinion he'd have been disrespecting them by not celebrating a European Cup semi final goal in front of them.

People can call him a c**t for whatever reason, with good reason, but for celebrating a goal against us? Na, not for me.
      Kopite78
      Reply #7257: May 07, 2019 10:48:27 am
      Erm, what about respect for the 90,000 or so Barca supporters in the ground? In my opinion he'd have been disrespecting them by not celebrating a European Cup semi final goal in front of them.

People can call him a c**t for whatever reason, with good reason, but for celebrating a goal against us? Na, not for me.

Agree.. the celebration wasn't an issue for me

Other reasons he's a c**t
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #7258: May 07, 2019 12:14:23 pm

Agree.. the celebration wasn't an issue for me

Other reasons he's a c**t

Yep.
      TheRedPanda
      • Forum Graeme Souness

• 362 posts | 82 
      Reply #7259: May 07, 2019 12:40:46 pm
      Is irrelevant for me now. He can celebrate or whatever the hell he wants. I would not forget what he did in his last season here, neither will I forget his antics to get out of this club. I loved every bit of this last season here, but for me he can go F**k himself celebrating. I don't care a bit.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      Reply #7260: May 07, 2019 02:53:11 pm
      Don’t give a toss that he celebrated against us, the damage is done in the goal, not the celebration.

Don’t give a toss if he was to celebrate at Anfield either, because again the damage is done in the goal he’d have scored.

What I care about is whether he’s celebrating at the end of the 2nd leg because if he is then it means we’ve not gone through, if he doesn’t then it means we’ve staged an incredible comeback and knocked them out. That to me is more important than whether an ex player celebrates a goal against us.
      Gill95
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,653 posts | 481 
      Reply #7261: May 07, 2019 10:07:25 pm
      F**k off, you piece of sh*t.  :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,218 posts | 4919 
      Reply #7262: May 07, 2019 10:09:55 pm
      F**k you Suarez.

And Phil.

And the rest. ;D
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      Reply #7263: May 07, 2019 10:15:41 pm
      Don’t give a toss that he celebrated against us, the damage is done in the goal, not the celebration.

Don’t give a toss if he was to celebrate at Anfield either, because again the damage is done in the goal he’d have scored.

What I care about is whether he’s celebrating at the end of the 2nd leg because if he is then it means we’ve not gone through, if he doesn’t then it means we’ve staged an incredible comeback and knocked them out. That to me is more important than whether an ex player celebrates a goal against us.

Just goes to show them celebrations were for nothing because come the end of the tie, we are the ones celebrating.

He was right though, lived up to his word - he certainly didn’t celebrate on his return to Anfield!!!

Back to Spain you go, we will see you there in a few weeks when we are busy playing in Madrid.
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,970 posts | 3054 
      Reply #7264: May 07, 2019 10:42:26 pm
      How you like them apples Phil and Luis 🍎🍎🍎🍎
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,312 posts | 6376 
      Reply #7265: May 07, 2019 11:05:35 pm
      Enjoy your La Liga title. You ain’t winning the CL ever again.
      RedWilly
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,197 posts | 1640 
      Reply #7266: May 07, 2019 11:21:47 pm
      We all knew what Suárez would be like. Had a right F***ing laugh at Phil though, absolutely anonymous, hope he thinks it was worth missing out on this season to go to that lot :D
      RC9
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,909 posts | 818 
      • Formerly known as Vtorres, Vsuarez, and Vsterling.
      Reply #7267: May 07, 2019 11:30:37 pm
      Hahahahahaha

Quick Reply