Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v West Ham [Premier League] Mon 24th Feb @ 8:00 pm - Pre Match Topic
      Anfield

Today is the 22nd of February and on this date LFC's match record is P23 W6 D10 L7

Luis Suarez (Liverpool -> Barcelona)

Read 628630 times
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,648 posts | 690 
      Re: Luis Suarez (Liverpool -> Barcelona)
      Reply #7325: Jun 21, 2019 07:34:31 pm
      Ways things are going you may be on 13 for a while. That is of course if you believe football started in 1992

I've nothing left to banter about now that you have finally won a major  xxxxx:action-smiley-065:
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 40,761 posts | 4186 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #7326: Jun 21, 2019 07:36:22 pm
      Wow couple of you taken the bait  ;D Won't be 30 years before we win it again though.  ;D On a serious note I can't see us doing anything whilst Ole in charge so if he sees out his contract (( which I very much doubt )) you lads going to be laughing at us for a few years yet.  :-\

Could well be 30 years mate. The years soon fly by, look at us, who would have thought we’d have gone 30 years? It’s before I was born but I’d imagine if someone said that we’d go 30 years without winning the league, they’d get told to go f**k themselves and that is never going to happen. Yous lot must be about 8 years now? Soon creeping up to 10.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,648 posts | 690 
      Reply #7327: Jun 21, 2019 10:22:47 pm
      Could well be 30 years mate. The years soon fly by, look at us, who would have thought we’d have gone 30 years? It’s before I was born but I’d imagine if someone said that we’d go 30 years without winning the league, they’d get told to go f**k themselves and that is never going to happen. Yous lot must be about 8 years now? Soon creeping up to 10.

Valid point KK but with the money United have and can get sponsors/sales etc etc I just can't see it being that long, I certainly hope not anyway.
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,211 posts | 3725 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #7328: Jun 22, 2019 01:12:11 am
      Wow couple of you taken the bait  ;D Won't be 30 years before we win it again though;D On a serious note I can't see us doing anything whilst Ole in charge so if he sees out his contract (( which I very much doubt )) you lads going to be laughing at us for a few years yet.  :-\

That there, is enough to get you banned, you C**t!!

Keith haven't said it in a while...so.... f**k off!!!  :D :D

heimdall
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,364 posts | 2203 
      Reply #7329: Jun 22, 2019 12:22:55 pm
      Valid point KK but with the money United have and can get sponsors/sales etc etc I just can't see it being that long, I certainly hope not anyway.

You could say the same about us, but with poor management behind the scenes and it quickly gets harder and harder to get back, plus there are a lot more teams competing these days. We were quite lucky in that even in the worst years there were really only 2 or 3 teams better than us, now there are at least 6 or 7 good teams who seems to be improving every year with solid backing. I think Man Utd will come back but there is no magic fix here, it will take at least 3 or 4 years and that is with a Klopp type manager who can build a team slowly and who has solid backing and a unified squad, currently your lot have none of those ingredients.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,648 posts | 690 
      Reply #7330: Jun 22, 2019 02:39:20 pm
      That there, is enough to get you banned, you C**t!!  :lmao:

Keith haven't said it in a while...so.... f**k off!!!  :D :D

Your language alone is enough to be banned you Aussie tw*t.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,648 posts | 690 
      Reply #7331: Jun 22, 2019 02:40:34 pm
      You could say the same about us, but with poor management behind the scenes and it quickly gets harder and harder to get back, plus there are a lot more teams competing these days. We were quite lucky in that even in the worst years there were really only 2 or 3 teams better than us, now there are at least 6 or 7 good teams who seems to be improving every year with solid backing. I think Man Utd will come back but there is no magic fix here, it will take at least 3 or 4 years and that is with a Klopp type manager who can build a team slowly and who has solid backing and a unified squad, currently your lot have none of those ingredients.

No doubt we will be back. I just don't have a crystal ball to say when.  :lmao:
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,686 posts | 3285 
      Reply #7332: Jun 22, 2019 08:02:44 pm

The Glazer siblings do not have the same mindset as their late father who had faith in the board, manager etc to bring the club success while the owners knew f**k all about footy.
      Everything has changed, not only in the owners perception of the club but the means to take decisions on this side of the pond.
      How many managers since Ferguson?
      The latest seems to be getting bad press as well, 10 years for you now mate and you’re as far from winning the Prem as ever, no reason to say it won’t be another 20 years before you win it again.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,648 posts | 690 
      Reply #7333: Jun 22, 2019 08:23:44 pm
      The Glazer siblings do not have the same mindset as their late father who had faith in the board, manager etc to bring the club success while the owners knew f**k all about footy.
      Everything has changed, not only in the owners perception of the club but the means to take decisions on this side of the pond.
      How many managers since Ferguson?
      The latest seems to be getting bad press as well, 10 years for you now mate and you’re as far from winning the Prem as ever, no reason to say it won’t be another 20 years before you win it again.
      Last time we won the Premier league was 6 years ago stuey, not 10  ;D
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,686 posts | 3285 
      Reply #7334: Jun 22, 2019 09:27:05 pm
      Last time we won the Premier league was 6 years ago stuey, not 10  ;D

Its gonna be here before you know it mate.
      waltonl4
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 28,130 posts | 4214 
      Reply #7335: Jun 22, 2019 10:36:55 pm
      Funny how Ferguson copied the Anfield way to get to produce a winning CLub what a pity they are now  excelling even better than we did in the early 90's its a beautiful thing. Lot more fun to come over the summer
      chats
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 22,789 posts | 925 
      Reply #7336: Jun 30, 2019 11:38:35 am
      Karma’s a bi*ch, eh Luis?
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,608 posts | 1650 
      Reply #7337: Jun 30, 2019 12:25:31 pm

He deserves it - little pr**k
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,219 posts | 1513 
      Reply #7338: Jun 30, 2019 01:18:34 pm
      Unluckyyyy
      DanMann
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,225 posts | 568 
      Reply #7339: Jun 30, 2019 02:10:55 pm
      Ghana is delighted at this news.
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,087 posts | 2087 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #7340: Jun 30, 2019 02:15:41 pm
      Ghana is delighted at this news.

Most predictable tweet of all time
      Magillionare
      • Official LFC Reds Sig Maker. Lives on Sesame Street.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,907 posts | 2366 
      • Hold on a minute, John Wayne hasn't arrived yet.
      Reply #7341: Jun 30, 2019 04:49:51 pm
      Honestly the slagging of Luis is petty at best. The man gave everything while in a red shirt and unless you were demanding he be released for his cunty actions while with us, then frankly you've no leg to stand on and just look a bit foolish.

I know there's a weird 'liverpool purist' culture out there that sees hating anyone who leaves us as a healthy thing... But it's really just sad, makes you look narrow-minded and like I said, just petty. Just my 2 cents.

Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,240 posts | 2642 
      Reply #7342: Jun 30, 2019 05:59:56 pm
      Honestly the slagging of Luis is petty at best. The man gave everything while in a red shirt and unless you were demanding he be released for his cunty actions while with us, then frankly you've no leg to stand on and just look a bit foolish.

I know there's a weird 'liverpool purist' culture out there that sees hating anyone who leaves us as a healthy thing... But it's really just sad, makes you look narrow-minded and like I said, just petty. Just my 2 cents.

I never had a problem with him leaving.
      I had a problem with the way he behaved while trying to force a move, and although I wouldn't want him back, nor do I really give a f**k about him.

Compare the lionisation of Suarez though, with the dogs abuse that Sterling gets.
      Sterlings only crime was wanting a big move, but he gets slaughtered on here and in general by the same folk who say they'd take Suarez back.

I find it very strange.
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,362 posts | 611 
      Reply #7343: Jun 30, 2019 06:24:04 pm

The guy did everything he could to get away from the club - he was willing to do anything to the point he ended up biting someone again. Talented and quality on the pitch but he disgraced himself when he was our player and dragged our clubs name through the mud - disgraceful player and human being on the pitch , no respect for clubs , his teammates or opposition , only have to look at his actions against.

I hope one day he gets his comeuppance- would be sweet karma if someone put him in his place.

Must be the most disgraceful person to wear our shirt
      Magillionare
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,907 posts | 2366 
      Reply #7344: Jun 30, 2019 06:46:44 pm
      The guy did everything he could to get away from the club - he was willing to do anything to the point he ended up biting someone again. Talented and quality on the pitch but he disgraced himself when he was our player and dragged our clubs name through the mud - disgraceful player and human being on the pitch , no respect for clubs , his teammates or opposition , only have to look at his actions against.

I hope one day he gets his comeuppance- would be sweet karma if someone put him in his place.

Must be the most disgraceful person to wear our shirt

Did you stand with him during his issues with us? Did you demand he should be dropped or sold? If not then you don't have grounds for this argument in my opinion. If you did have issues with him while he was with us then fair enough.

I never had a problem with him leaving.
      I had a problem with the way he behaved while trying to force a move, and although I wouldn't want him back, nor do I really give a f**k about him.

Compare the lionisation of Suarez though, with the dogs abuse that Sterling gets.
      Sterlings only crime was wanting a big move, but he gets slaughtered on here and in general by the same folk who say they'd take Suarez back.

I find it very strange.

Yea that is an odd one, I think it's because Luis went abroad and Sterling went to a rival?
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,362 posts | 611 
      Reply #7345: Jun 30, 2019 07:00:26 pm
      Did you stand with him during his issues with us? Did you demand he should be dropped or sold? If not then you don't have grounds for this argument in my opinion. If you did have issues with him while he was with us then fair enough.

Yea that is an odd one, I think it's because Luis went abroad and Sterling went to a rival?

No I didn’t “stand” with him and wanted him sold

Even the Evra issue whilst Evra is a complete tw*t - Suarez knew what he was doing - anytime there was an issue he was in the centre of it - amazing player but disgraceful

He didn’t try everything to get out of the club then I might have had w different outlook
      « Last Edit: Jun 30, 2019 07:18:51 pm by Lallana in Pyjamas »
      waltonl4
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 28,130 posts | 4214 
      Reply #7346: Jun 30, 2019 07:06:15 pm
      His desire to win is incredible bordering on obsessive .If he is in your team you accept it but when he isn't he's a c**t of a player.
      I can never forget what he did while he was here it was sensational . He is just a ghost from the past now and best to let him lye
      Magillionare
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,907 posts | 2366 
      Reply #7347: Jun 30, 2019 07:20:37 pm
      No I didn’t “stand” with him and wanted him sold

Even the Evra issue whilst Evra is a complete tw*t - Suarez knew what he was doing - anytime there was an issue he was in the centre of it - amazing player but disgraceful

He didn’t try everything to get out of the club then I might have had w different outlook

Fair enough mate
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,240 posts | 2642 
      Reply #7348: Jul 01, 2019 12:26:02 pm

Yeh, Barca aren't much of a rival really ;)
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,608 posts | 1650 
      Reply #7349: Jul 01, 2019 12:36:03 pm
      That article he did during the summer where he wanted to go to Arsenal.

I’ll never forgive him - plus that footage of him running up to Robertson when Messi scores the freekick.

He’s a c**t - I’m so f**king happy we beat Barca with him in their team.

Quick Reply