Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v West Ham [Premier League] Mon 24th Feb @ 8:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 21st of February and on this date LFC's match record is P20 W10 D5 L5

Luis Suarez (Liverpool -> Barcelona)

Read 628559 times
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,239 posts | 2641 
      Re: Luis Suarez (Liverpool -> Barcelona)
      Reply #7350: Jul 01, 2019 02:04:02 pm
      That article he did during the summer where he wanted to go to Arsenal.

I’ll never forgive him - plus that footage of him running up to Robertson when Messi scores the freekick.

He’s a c**t - I’m so f**king happy we beat Barca with him in their team.

I'm not usually one for schadenfreude, but you'd need a heart of stone, and a humour bypass not to crack a smile at that result.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 30,033 posts | 4110 
      Reply #7351: Jul 01, 2019 04:34:52 pm
      No I didn’t “stand” with him and wanted him sold

Even the Evra issue whilst Evra is a complete tw*t - Suarez knew what he was doing - anytime there was an issue he was in the centre of it - amazing player but disgraceful

He didn’t try everything to get out of the club then I might have had w different outlook

Hate to break it to you, but Evra knew exactly what he was doing to - cos Ferguson told him to do it!!
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,087 posts | 2087 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #7352: Jul 02, 2019 07:51:04 am
      I never had a problem with him leaving.
      I had a problem with the way he behaved while trying to force a move, and although I wouldn't want him back, nor do I really give a f**k about him.

Compare the lionisation of Suarez though, with the dogs abuse that Sterling gets.
      Sterlings only crime was wanting a big move, but he gets slaughtered on here and in general by the same folk who say they'd take Suarez back.

I find it very strange.

Didn't sterling six months before he left say he would sign a new contract he offered. Didn't his people send the club a dossier about how he could be used better in a different role. Didn't his agent use the press to essentially play everything out in public including the carragher comments. A bigger move ? Wasn't that essentially what suarez was doing. Spare me the violin.  Jusr because sterling didn't bite anyone...
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,239 posts | 2641 
      Reply #7353: Jul 02, 2019 12:14:50 pm
      Didn't sterling six months before he left say he would sign a new contract he offered. Didn't his people send the club a dossier about how he could be used better in a different role. Didn't his agent use the press to essentially play everything out in public including the carragher comments. A bigger move ? Wasn't that essentially what suarez was doing. Spare me the violin.  Jusr because sterling didn't bite anyone...

Did he?

Sounds a lot like the club using a bit of PR, and an agent being a dick, as usual.

No violin, as you well know, just a comparison in how people look at the 2.
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,087 posts | 2087 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #7354: Jul 02, 2019 12:18:06 pm
      Did he?

Sounds a lot like the club using a bit of PR, and an agent being a dick, as usual.

No violin, as you well know, just a comparison in how people look at the 2.

Both engineered moves away so the attitude towards the pair should be tge same. Danger of people trying to adjust the sterling move motives and agenda especially in the light of recent events. I don't mean you specifically
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,606 posts | 1650 
      Reply #7355: Jul 02, 2019 12:23:05 pm
      Both engineered moves away so the attitude towards the pair should be tge same. Danger of people trying to adjust the sterling move motives and agenda especially in the light of recent events. I don't mean you specifically

Yep - Sterling a snake too 🐍
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,239 posts | 2641 
      Reply #7356: Jul 02, 2019 01:31:04 pm

That's exactly what I was saying.

People still get misty eyed about having Suarez back, and now we are seeing the same about Coutinho, while those same people call Sterling every name under the sun.

As far as I'm concerned, they can all f**k off, but some people are so hypocritical about them.
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,227 posts | 1292 
      Reply #7357: Jan 12, 2020 07:07:18 pm
      Barcelona have announced Suarez is out for four months, so basically the remainder of the season, with a knee injury.

Quick Reply