Trending Topics

Next match: Atalanta v LFC [Europa League] Thu 18th Apr @ 8:00 pm - Pre Match Topic
      Stadio di Bergamo

Today is the 16th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P31 W16 D7 L8

Luis Suarez (Liverpool -> Barcelona)

Read 783017 times
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,683 posts | 3357 
      Re: Luis Suarez (Liverpool -> Barcelona)
      Reply #7406: May 18, 2021 06:13:29 pm
      It was cut and dried by the time NESV showed up.
      He wanted to win trophies and to him, I suppose all of us the new owners were an unknown quantity - could have been H&G  mk2.!?

In the event it would have been some years before success came knocking, until the arrival of Mr Klopp to be exact.

He wanted out when Masher left , it happens but going to Chelsea was a stab.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,067 posts | 8513 
      Reply #7407: May 18, 2021 06:15:00 pm

But H&G left in October - new owners arrived , new manager arrived , they were buying Suarez - but Torres still wanted out

Torres had a choice when the club was sold - stay and be part of a new team or leave to at that time one of the biggest rivals. He left to go to the rivals - you donā€™t ā€œloveā€ the club then go there

Torres was fu**ed after the World Cup, we heard Ā£50 million and Kenny & board thought happy days. He already knew we were getting shut judging by his response in the warm down after the Wolves game.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,067 posts | 8513 
      Reply #7408: May 18, 2021 06:16:31 pm

He wanted out when Masher left , it happens but going to Chelsea was a stab.

We were happy to sell again. Injuries played a large part in his decline and I think Kenny saw that and knew he could get someone else in.
      EarnedIt6Times
      • Forum John Toshack

• 274 posts | 73 
      Reply #7409: May 18, 2021 07:07:55 pm
      Torres was fu**ed after the World Cup, we heard Ā£50 million and Kenny & board thought happy days.

Eggzackly

The board were rubbing their hands with glee and couldn't shove him out the door fast enough

Not the club's finest hour

Fans in the main are only too happy to either claim Leaving Player X was sh*te anyway, or believe some Jimmy Cagney You Dirty Rat tall story spun by the club's PR machine

Don't believe a F***ing word of it

He absolutely hated being at Chelsea, you could see it just by looking at his body language

I hope those people that booed him afterwards got some sort of weird satisfaction from spoiling his memories of being at our club
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,683 posts | 3357 
      Reply #7410: May 18, 2021 07:10:55 pm
      Torres was fu**ed after the World Cup, we heard Ā£50 million and Kenny & board thought happy days. He already knew we were getting shut judging by his response in the warm down after the Wolves game.

No doubt he was fu**ed after the ankle injury and then continuing to play in the World Cup and yes Ā£50mil was a great price for him - but going to Chelsea for me ruined the good memories
      CT_LFC
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,798 posts | 1398 
      Reply #7411: May 18, 2021 07:16:39 pm
      Eggzackly

The board were rubbing their hands with glee and couldn't shove him out the door fast enough

Not the club's finest hour

Fans in the main are only too happy to either claim Leaving Player X was sh*te anyway, or believe some Jimmy Cagney You Dirty Rat tall story spun by the club's PR machine

Don't believe a f**king word of it

He absolutely hated being at Chelsea, you could see it just by looking at his body language

I hope those people that booed him afterwards got some sort of weird satisfaction from spoiling his memories of being at our club

So all the sh*t that was reported on Coutinho was a lie and a PR move?
      L4.19Times
      • Forum Roger Hunt

• 493 posts | 149 
      Reply #7412: May 18, 2021 07:17:30 pm
      Behave divvy he's one of the most skilful players to pull on a red shirt I've honestly seen, I'd have the mad tw*t back tomorrow.

Sound mate, I wouldnā€™t

But thatā€™s ok right?
      EarnedIt6Times
      • Forum John Toshack

• 274 posts | 73 
      Reply #7413: May 18, 2021 07:35:47 pm
      So all the sh*t that was reported on Coutinho was a lie and a PR move?

No I think Phil forced his move in a very unsavoury way, feigning injury is totally out of order. Dunno if I'd boo him though, after all we did pretty well out of that deal getting Virg and Ali of the Rovers in

Torres was having genuine injury problems though

Don't get me wrong, it was a smart move by the club, Ā£50m for a player that was starting to succumb to injury made perfect sense. It's just a shame that we always seem to end up in this situation where the player has to be the enemy when he goes, it must spoil their memories of playing for Liverpool. He seems a lovely fella Nando. No doubt Phil was too.

The only player I'm happy to call a rat is Sterling. Miserable excuse for a human being. Anyone ever seen the c**t crack a smile? I haven't.
      EarnedIt6Times
      • Forum John Toshack

• 274 posts | 73 
      Reply #7414: May 18, 2021 07:39:37 pm
      [Suarez was] one of the most skilful players to pull on a red shirt I've honestly seen, I'd have the mad tw*t back tomorrow.

Same here

Most exciting forward I've seen play for us, and I go back to Keegan and Toshack

Luis seemed capable of scoring in ways you would never have imagined were even possible

I'm firmly in the "mad tw*t but he's our mad tw*t" club and I hope he gets his title medal with Atletico
      -LFC-
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,190 posts | 1205 
      Reply #7415: May 18, 2021 07:53:41 pm
      A phenomenal player; absolute dynamite as Stevie G once said. Did things in a red shirt e.g. Norwich that I havenā€™t seen a Liverpool player do before or since. All the other stuff disappears when I think of him destroying teams.

Would love to see him line up for us again ā€” even just for a few games ā€” and Iā€™m sure heā€™d take the piss out of a few teams but, as others have said, the manager wouldnā€™t have it and neither would the owners. Weā€™ll go for someone younger, maybe  20-24, and thatā€™s fair enough.
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,683 posts | 3357 
      Reply #7416: May 18, 2021 08:04:13 pm
      Same here

Most exciting forward I've seen play for us, and I go back to Keegan and Toshack

Luis seemed capable of scoring in ways you would never have imagined were even possible

I'm firmly in the "mad tw*t but he's our mad tw*t" club and I hope he gets his title medal with Atletico

Superb player

But he bit two players whilst a Liverpool player - was involved in a racist scandal whilst a Liverpool player and did everything he could to leave

He was a disgrace
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #7417: May 18, 2021 08:41:10 pm
      Same here

he may have bit a few people and the poor souls on here seem upset by this but I wonder if they ever saw Souness tackle players or Tommy SMith. All this PC sh*te get on my tits he was one of us whilst he had a Red shirt on and he had a desire to win a few players could try to match teeth and all
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,683 posts | 3357 
      Reply #7418: May 18, 2021 08:55:31 pm
      he may have bit a few people and the poor souls on here seem upset by this but I wonder if they ever saw Souness tackle players or Tommy SMith. All this PC sh*te get on my tits he was one of us whilst he had a Red shirt on and he had a desire to win a few players could try to match teeth and all

There is a world of difference between someone committing a strong tackle or foul or some lowlife animal biting someone. It was disgusting
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,246 posts | 2799 
      Reply #7419: May 18, 2021 09:00:07 pm
      Biting someone is the lowest , itā€™s a disgraceful act and he did it twice , not once and then learned his lesson but f**king twice.

Three times as he did it at Ajax before joining us!

Proper mad c**t. Was our mad c**t for a while so we saw past it but I don't get it now really after the way he left and how he behaved when we played Barca a couple of years ago.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #7420: May 18, 2021 09:24:24 pm

I think you need to see someone as you have issues

Do you hate Klopp because he is German after what Germany did during the World Wars ?

What about Spanish players because of previous wars ?

How about French , Argentinan?!

What sort of fruit loop tried to associate a football player with actions that their country did - go seek some sort of help for your issues

Biting someone is the lowest , itā€™s a disgraceful act and he did it twice , not once and then learned his lesson but f**king twice.

dont comment unless you witnessed it Smithy,Souey or Norman Hunter ,chopper harris assaulted players or is it just certain parts of the anatomy you find offensive. Louis overstepped the mark out of frustration and an absolute desire to win. Unlike the hypocrits who lauded him when he scored I accepted him warts and all as did his team mates and his Capt
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,683 posts | 3357 
      Reply #7421: May 18, 2021 09:31:40 pm
      dont comment unless you witnessed it Smithy,Souey or Norman Hunter ,chopper harris assaulted players or is it just certain parts of the anatomy you find offensive. Louis overstepped the mark out of frustration and an absolute desire to win. Unlike the hypocrits who lauded him when he scored I accepted him warts and all as did his team mates and his Capt

Donā€™t comment ?! Get a grip - yes I did see Souness going in hard on players when tackling - but did any of those players ever bite an opponent

In fact read what Souness said about Suarez biting

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.skysports.com/amp/football/news/11669/8663880/graeme-souness-says-luis-suarezs-bite-on-branislav-ivanovic-is-embarrassing

Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,683 posts | 3357 
      Reply #7422: May 18, 2021 09:41:34 pm
      if you witnessed all that mate than firstly thanks for protecting our country our military are treated like crap but Luis's biting shouldnt mean much to you

Itā€™s a disgusting cowards act on a sporting field

He did it three times as well
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #7423: May 18, 2021 09:49:22 pm
      dont care mate I saw how committed he was and in Sport I have witnessed everything the desire to win makes people do strange things and I dont take the higher morale ground and he is loved by many Liverpool supporters including me. Kicking someone on the ground or from behind or spitting at people happens frequently in football and if you ever played as a kid as I did in the Liverpool Business house league biting was the least of your worries
      L4.19Times
      • Forum Roger Hunt

• 493 posts | 149 
      Reply #7424: May 18, 2021 10:21:06 pm
      bang out of order that we have a right to have a different point of view but that post is just wrong

Is right

Look I lost respect for Luis and personally wouldn't want him back. That's not dismissing what a genius he was when he was here but loyalty means alot to me but yes that comment is way below the belt and completely uncalled for

Shouldn't bring sh*te like that into a football debate
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #7425: May 19, 2021 10:33:02 pm
      Is right

but loyalty means alot to me
      I won't ask about Owen who left Rafa a striker short and then expected to walk back into the club and expect us to pay more money for him than we got when we sold him now thats disloyal by anyones measure but he doesnt get much stick and is now an Ambassador
      L4.19Times
      • Forum Roger Hunt

• 493 posts | 149 
      Reply #7426: May 19, 2021 11:11:02 pm
      I won't ask about Owen who left Rafa a striker short and then expected to walk back into the club and expect us to pay more money for him than we got when we sold him now thats disloyal by anyones measure but he doesnt get much stick and is now an Ambassador

Youā€™re not seriously asking me to defend Owen? Or using him as an argument against Suarez

Both in the same boat for me. Owen however brought more back to the club
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,058 posts | 2744 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #7427: May 23, 2021 10:11:26 am
      Congrats to him

Anyone take him back?
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,856 posts | 2690 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #7428: May 23, 2021 10:14:09 am
      Congrats to him

Anyone take him back?

Only those with rose tinted glasses mate.  ;D

Quick Reply