Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

Luis Suarez (Liverpool -> Barcelona)

Read 780816 times
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,046 posts | 2741 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Re: Luis Suarez (Liverpool -> Barcelona)
      Reply #7429: May 23, 2021 10:19:19 am
      Only those with rose tinted glasses mate.  ;D

Irs a strange one, hes not one id shortlist but if he did comeback you would have that feeling of where can we go with him

I watch f all la liga so no idea if he was vital or was just a number for them or what is level is at now
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,662 posts | 2656 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #7430: May 23, 2021 10:22:35 am
      Irs a strange one, hes not one id shortlist but if he did comeback you would have that feeling of where can we go with him

I watch f all la liga so no idea if he was vital or was just a number for them or what is level is at now

Said time and time again it's not his football that's at question, it's everthing else. From ability I can see why some say yes.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,048 posts | 6294 
      Reply #7431: May 23, 2021 12:13:35 pm

Literally won them the league.
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,046 posts | 2741 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #7432: May 23, 2021 01:13:18 pm
      Wow that good
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,947 posts | 8458 
      Reply #7433: May 23, 2021 01:31:54 pm
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #7434: May 23, 2021 01:59:02 pm
      If he loves Liverpool so much, he can come back on a £1 a week basic contract, with £20k a goal bonus.

Then we'll see.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #7435: May 23, 2021 03:38:05 pm
      He has a desire to win that you rarely see and he scores the most extreme range of goals . HOw nice to see Barca and RM below his team.
      Pleased for him.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #7436: May 23, 2021 03:39:18 pm
      You’re not seriously asking me to defend Owen? Or using him as an argument against Suarez

Both in the same boat for me. Owen however brought more back to the club

Owen brought F**k all back Luis brought us a sh*t load of cash.
      L4.19Times
      • Forum Roger Hunt

• 493 posts | 149 
      Reply #7437: May 23, 2021 06:38:57 pm
      Owen brought f**k all back Luis brought us a sh*t load of cash.

Owen brought trophies though

I like trophies
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #7438: May 23, 2021 06:43:53 pm
      Owen fu**ed off and left Rafa without a recognised CF. £16mil for a £60 mil player at the time yeah he is a star.
      L4.19Times
      • Forum Roger Hunt

• 493 posts | 149 
      Reply #7439: May 23, 2021 06:52:39 pm
      Owen fu**ed off and left Rafa without a recognised CF. £16mil for a £60 mil player at the time yeah he is a star.

Didn’t say I was defending him, you brought him into it you fruit

I just said he brought the club more trophies and therefore history
      king kenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 3,111 posts | 441 
      Reply #7440: May 23, 2021 07:09:55 pm
      Three times as he did it at Ajax before joining us!

Proper mad c**t. Was our mad c**t for a while so we saw past it but I don't get it now really after the way he left and how he behaved when we played Barca a couple of years ago.

Yeh don't have time for him at all.   He deserved his treatment from Barca shipped him off like a scumbag!   He might appreciate loyalty and have regrets how he has treated loyal people himself. 
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,971 posts | 2051 
      Reply #7441: May 23, 2021 07:22:29 pm
      Can we not just agree that he became a total c**t after his behaviour in the Champions League tie two years ago?

Any 'homecoming' sent him promptly packing with his tail between his legs. He was embarrassed and shamed at Anfield that night...and I for one loved it.
      rossyred
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,092 posts | 1632 
      Reply #7442: May 23, 2021 07:25:27 pm
      Can we not just agree that he became a total c**t after his behaviour in the Champions League tie two years ago?

Any 'homecoming' sent him promptly packing with his tail between his legs. He was embarrassed and shamed at Anfield that night...and I for one loved it.

That's the way he is though and would of done that no matter what the ex club he was playing and we were privileged or am I fairly confident I was to watch him an absolutely fantastic player
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #7443: May 23, 2021 07:36:38 pm
      Owen was England first and left us in the lurch Suarez gave us everything and we made a huge profit on him. After he left he went on to win things and  I dont have a problem with his success.
      L4.19Times
      • Forum Roger Hunt

• 493 posts | 149 
      Reply #7444: May 23, 2021 07:37:28 pm
      Owen was England first and left us in the lurch Suarez gave us everything and we made a huge profit on him. After he left he went on to win things and  I dont have a problem with his success.

I’m more concerned about our success
      king kenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 3,111 posts | 441 
      Reply #7445: May 23, 2021 07:44:37 pm
      That's the way he is though and would of done that no matter what the ex club he was playing and we were privileged or am I fairly confident I was to watch him an absolutely fantastic player

How many people did he bite in Barca?   I don't watch barca la liga so it is a genuine question.   Because I haven't heard of him getting 10 match bans there!  Red cards yes but totally losing it.  For me he treated us a like a stepping stone.  I don't want him back no chance.   He such an idiot he would probably try biting VVD because he isn't getting past him in training.   I don't want him back.  He was an amazing player but the day he went it was the end for me.
      rossyred

• 9,092 posts | 1632 
      Reply #7446: May 23, 2021 07:51:25 pm
      How many people did he bite in Barca?   I don't watch barca la liga so it is a genuine question.   Because I haven't heard of him getting 10 match bans there!  Red cards yes but totally losing it.  For me he treated us a like a stepping stone.  I don't want him back no chance.   He such an idiot he would probably try biting VVD because he isn't getting past him in training.   I don't want him back.  He was an amazing player but the day he went it was the end for me.

Not sure where I said I wanted him back just stating what he makes him who he is . No condoning what he did but as a footballer I saw him live several times and was truly sensational
      king kenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 3,111 posts | 441 
      Reply #7447: May 23, 2021 08:01:40 pm
      Not sure where I said I wanted him back just stating what he makes him who he is . No condoning what he did but as a footballer I saw him live several times and was truly sensational

It's when i read it is how he is!  He controlled his emotions at Barca because that was where he wanted to be the rest was just stepping stones.   Look mate if you have a special place for him fair enough,  don't want to wind you up.  But for me he is a scumbag.  When he left never looked at what he was achieving his number or whatsoever.   Don't have time for him.
      rossyred

• 9,092 posts | 1632 
      Reply #7448: May 23, 2021 08:06:32 pm
      It's when i read it is how he is!  He controlled his emotions at Barca because that was where he wanted to be the rest was just stepping stones.   Look mate if you have a special place for him fair enough,  don't want to wind you up.  But for me he is a scumbag.

And that's fine guess he divides opinions not arguing pal each to their own it is after all all about personal opinions 👍
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #7449: May 23, 2021 08:42:56 pm
      Ridiculous business from Barca to sell for 6 million  :lmao: :lmao:.

Well done Luis on another title. Don't want him back here though, the ship has sailed.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,947 posts | 8458 
      Reply #7450: May 24, 2021 07:09:40 pm
      I’m more concerned about our success

So with Mo at the Olympics and then both Mo and Mane off to AFCON in January, that'll leave us with just Bobby and Jota gunning for that success. We'll need more forwards!!

The above reason is probably why some of us would take him back.
      L4.19Times
      • Forum Roger Hunt

• 493 posts | 149 
      Reply #7451: May 24, 2021 07:21:44 pm
      So with Mo at the Olympics and then both Mo and Mane off to AFCON in January, that'll leave us with just Bobby and Jota gunning for that success. We'll need more forwards!!

The above reason is probably why some of us would take him back.

I have no issues with that mate

For the same reasons I’d love a new forward in, but for me it wouldn’t be Suarez

Quick Reply