Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P27 W14 D8 L5

Luis Suarez (Liverpool -> Barcelona)

Read 784440 times
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Re: Luis Suarez: Liverpool -> Barcelona
      Reply #6440: Mar 09, 2015 08:09:56 pm
      Really starting to find form now, scoring a lot recently.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,330 posts | 6384 
      Reply #6441: Mar 09, 2015 09:19:58 pm
      Has looked a lot more involved as of late but to be fair it's been against the minnows of the league hasn't it? 

Messi doesn't mind letting Luis have a few goals against lesser competition. ;D
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      Reply #6442: Mar 09, 2015 09:31:14 pm
      Has looked a lot more involved as of late but to be fair it's been against the minnows of the league hasn't it? 

Messi doesn't mind letting Luis have a few goals against lesser competition. ;D

He hasn't just done it in the league against "minnows" though, scored 2 well taken goals against City as well
      Billy1
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,638 posts | 1966 
      Reply #6443: Mar 10, 2015 07:40:38 am
      He hasn't just done it in the league against "minnows" though, scored 2 well taken goals against City as well

He certainly did score 2 against City KK. We could of done with Luis Suarez against Blackburn.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,330 posts | 6384 
      Reply #6444: Mar 10, 2015 12:50:08 pm

You are right, there is that one exception. So against the minnows and also against City. An excellent record.
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,611 posts | 3844 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #6445: Mar 10, 2015 12:51:44 pm
      You are right, there is that one exception. So against the minnows and also against City. An excellent record.

I'm impressed that you're including Manchester United as minnows,
      or are we just pretending that Suarez v The Premier League never happened.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      Reply #6446: Mar 10, 2015 12:56:41 pm

But then goals are goals mate and he is still being heavily involved, got a fair amount of assists, including getting one a couple of minutes into his first game against Madrid. Can't knock scoring against "minnows" because we were still loving it when he was doing that for us and you can only score against what is put in front of you. Also in La Liga they are all minnows apart from Barca, Madrid and Atletico...possibly Valenica but they are hardly a force.

It's good to see him doing well, shame it's not for us mind.
      TheRedMosquito
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,201 posts | 633 
      • Elmore James got nothin' on this baby!
      Reply #6447: Mar 10, 2015 08:29:53 pm

Pretty sure FL Red is referring exclusively to Suarez's time at Barcelona.

EDIT

And looking at the goals Luis scored, not sure where FL is going with that: He's scored against City, PSG, Atletico, Bilbao and Villarreal, among others.

« Last Edit: Mar 10, 2015 09:57:48 pm by TheRedMosquito »
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,330 posts | 6384 
      Reply #6448: Mar 10, 2015 10:13:21 pm

Not talking about the Premier League at all. Talking about his new domestic league, that has two teams, Real and Barca.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      Reply #6449: Mar 10, 2015 10:18:34 pm
      And looking at the goals Luis scored, not sure where FL is going with that: He's scored against City, PSG, Atletico, Bilbao and Villarreal, among others.

Not to mention that he is scored some cracking goals too, that wouldn't have been stopped by any keeper.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,330 posts | 6384 
      Reply #6450: Mar 10, 2015 10:19:55 pm
      Not to mention that he is scored some cracking goals too, that wouldn't have been stopped by any keeper.

The one he scored the other night with the outside of his foot curling in the near post was a beauty.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      Reply #6451: Mar 10, 2015 10:27:47 pm
      The one he scored the other night with the outside of his foot curling in the near post was a beauty.

Some of the goals he scores you can't help but think to yourself that it shouldn't be possible. I remember one in particular against Sunderland from a really tight angle where you'd be livid at him for not trying to find a team mate had it not gone in.

Thinking about it, most of his goals makes me wonder how the hell he pulled it off.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,330 posts | 6384 
      Reply #6452: Mar 10, 2015 10:30:26 pm
      Some of the goals he scores you can't help but think to yourself that it shouldn't be possible. I remember one in particular against Sunderland from a really tight angle where you'd be livid at him for not trying to find a team mate had it not gone in.

Thinking about it, most of his goals makes me wonder how the hell he pulled it off.

Yep, Messi has noticed that as well, that's why he likely tells Luis to pass and not shoot! Doesnt want Luis to outshine him.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      Reply #6453: Mar 10, 2015 10:32:32 pm
      Yep, Messi has noticed that as well, that's why he likely tells Luis to pass and not shoot! Doesnt want Luis to outshine him.

Shame he hasn't got more goals than Messi. Messi would probably have demanded Suarez is sold in the summer that way and we could have got him back ;)
      QuicoGalante
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,509 posts | 120 
      • Uruguay 2030
      Reply #6454: Mar 11, 2015 02:50:42 pm
      Luis requested to be freed from Uruguay international duty to attend Stevies testimonial. Good lad
      Still think he made a huge mistake. He will never be loved like he was here, and he will always be second fiddle to Messi
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #6455: Mar 11, 2015 03:06:06 pm
      Luis requested to be freed from Uruguay international duty to attend Stevies testimonial. Good lad
      Still think he made a huge mistake. He will never be loved like he was here, and he will always be second fiddle to Messi

I don't get some comments like this. It doesn't matter whether he's loved as much, he's always wanted to play for Barcelona and he's fulfilling that dream. Also, he may be second fiddle to Messi but anybody in world football would be. He's sitting at the top of the Spanish league and will no doubt be going through to the next round of the Champions League. Suarez for the win...
      QuicoGalante
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,509 posts | 120 
      • Uruguay 2030
      Reply #6456: Mar 11, 2015 04:25:35 pm
      I don't get some comments like this. It doesn't matter whether he's loved as much, he's always wanted to play for Barcelona and he's fulfilling that dream. Also, he may be second fiddle to Messi but anybody in world football would be. He's sitting at the top of the Spanish league and will no doubt be going through to the next round of the Champions League. Suarez for the win...

Yes, but he could be remembered forever with us as one of the greatest. In Barca he wont, just another good player to have played for them.
      I didnt say he wasnt happy, and that he didnt want to go, just saying that i honestly think his numbers with us would have been for the history books. Dont think he will be able to get anywhere near that in Barca
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,330 posts | 6384 
      Reply #6457: Mar 11, 2015 05:26:04 pm

I don't get why we are all expected to have some sort of undying love for Suarez when he left us to pursue his OWN goals (dreams). It's amazing how much support he gets when we have players currently on the roster that get criticized left and right because they AREN'T Luis Suarez.

He's a great footballer and fun to watch, but he's not a Liverpool legend and never will be. I wish some folks would stop treating him like one.
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,751 posts | 6722 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #6458: Mar 11, 2015 08:10:56 pm
      Yes, but he could be remembered forever with us as one of the greatest. In Barca he wont, just another good player to have played for them.
      I didnt say he wasnt happy, and that he didnt want to go, just saying that i honestly think his numbers with us would have been for the history books. Dont think he will be able to get anywhere near that in Barca

Exactly mate, he could have been immortalized here, mentioned in the same breath as King Kenny, God, Rushie, Gerrard to name a few but at Barca, he'll just be remembered as another great Player, that came and went.
      Billy1
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,638 posts | 1966 
      Reply #6459: Mar 21, 2015 07:12:49 am
      Exactly mate, he could have been immortalized here, mentioned in the same breath as King Kenny, God, Rushie, Gerrard to name a few but at Barca, he'll just be remembered as another great Player, that came and went.

I still wish he had not left us for Barcelona, he would of made all the difference for us if he had remained at Anfield this season.
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,974 posts | 3058 
      Reply #6460: Mar 21, 2015 09:04:38 am
      It's the level of pure invention / free thinking in his play that you forget..........until you see it again. The dummies, the back-heel nutmegs.....the boy just constantly knows were the goal is and the best route there- even when we couldn't see it in the stands or on the telly.

Special talent.

Still gone though.......so on we go.
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,500 posts | 4839 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Reply #6461: Mar 22, 2015 09:23:56 pm
      Just scored in the El Classico to make it 2-1.

What control

Take a look at @Mootaz_LFC's Tweet: https://twitter.com/Mootaz_LFC/status/579753435366440961?s=09
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,611 posts | 3844 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #6462: Mar 22, 2015 09:26:50 pm
      Just scored in the El Classico to make it 2-1.

What control

Take a look at @Mootaz_LFC's Tweet: https://twitter.com/Mootaz_LFC/status/579753435366440961?s=09

*Sigh*

Quick Reply