Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

Luis Suarez (Liverpool -> Barcelona)

Read 780802 times
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Re: Luis Suarez (Liverpool -> Barcelona)
      Reply #7038: Jan 14, 2017 01:10:38 am
      Obviously not good enough still though, apparently you have to score less goals than that to make it into the team of the year.

Should have won at least one Ballon d'Or, especially for the year, 2015. Ballon D'or is for the best player during a 1 year period and not a season, right?
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #7039: Jan 14, 2017 01:15:23 am
      Should have won at least one Ballon d'Or, especially for the year, 2015. Ballon D'or is for the best player during a 1 year period and not a season, right?

You'd think so but because a player can have a poor international tournament and then act as a cheerleader for 70minutes of the final, this apparently means they are deserving of winning it.
      Of course they base it on the Champions League too so basically whoever wins or gets the furthest in the Champions League between Madrid and Barca, determines who wins it out of Ronaldo and Messi.

Popularity contest, that's all it is. It's gone from a prestigious award to a complete joke. Suarez has been the best for the past 2 years now, that's not me being bias but his figures and performances show that. He has even basically said he's not popular enough so wasn't expecting to win it but the fact he wasn't even in team of the year shows that the footballing world really needs to move on and start looking at what a player is achieving as opposed to any past incidents.

But then, he's not the only player to wrongly miss out on the award; both Iniesta and Ribery should have claimed it over the last 5/6 years too.
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #7040: Jan 14, 2017 01:55:42 am
      You'd think so but because a player can have a poor international tournament and then act as a cheerleader for 70minutes of the final, this apparently means they are deserving of winning it.
      Of course they base it on the Champions League too so basically whoever wins or gets the furthest in the Champions League between Madrid and Barca, determines who wins it out of Ronaldo and Messi.

Popularity contest, that's all it is. It's gone from a prestigious award to a complete joke. Suarez has been the best for the past 2 years now, that's not me being bias but his figures and performances show that. He has even basically said he's not popular enough so wasn't expecting to win it but the fact he wasn't even in team of the year shows that the footballing world really needs to move on and start looking at what a player is achieving as opposed to any past incidents.

But then, he's not the only player to wrongly miss out on the award; both Iniesta and Ribery should have claimed it over the last 5/6 years too.

It's crazy how players and managers determine 1 game to separate the winner of Ballon D'or, have they not watched Messi or Suarez throughout the course of the season/year? Real won CL but Barca won the league which is more difficult and just as prestigious.

I have no doubt in my mind that If Higuain had took his chance and scored vs Chile and won the final like how Eder did for Portugal, Messi would have won the award, just goes to show how much of a joke it is, and yes, the voting system is a complete farce...

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-4103342/Wayne-Rooney-voted-Jamie-Vardy-ahead-Lionel-Messi-N-Golo-Kante-makes-Gareth-Southgate-s-three-ahead-Barcelona-star.html

The votes are insane ;D, even last year and the year before etc. It makes me wonder how much football these players and coaches watch.
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,466 posts | 4816 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Reply #7041: Feb 02, 2017 10:06:37 pm
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #7042: Feb 02, 2017 10:29:38 pm

Love it.

Absolute class. One of the few in recent times that I believe had the true connection of the working man to footballer and the difference shows in so many ways.

Cheers for sharing that Dave.
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #7043: Feb 02, 2017 10:59:41 pm

Someone with a kid wanna test this out but with a Liverpool flag? :D
      Kopite78
      Reply #7044: Feb 02, 2017 11:19:16 pm
      Someone with a kid wanna test this out but with a Liverpool flag? :D

He wouldn't look twice truth be told
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,466 posts | 4816 
      Reply #7045: Feb 03, 2017 02:16:29 pm

I'm not too sure about that to be honest.

His son is a plazzy scouser just like me. Born less than a mile away from me at Arrowe Park Hospital.
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #7046: Feb 03, 2017 02:33:54 pm

No, he wouldn't.
      He showed that when he sh*t all over us so many times, and was demanding a transfer as soon as he got with his National team, not once but twice.
      Then we have the biting incidents, which are a huge stain on this club.

It's time people realised we were simply a stepping stone for him and stopped all this hero worship nonsense.
      He didn't and couldn't give a F**k about us.
      We were just a convenient tool.
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #7047: Feb 03, 2017 06:39:29 pm
      Luis just scored a sublime goal against Atletico .

Im going into a corner , stamp my feet and going to cry

Link to You Tube  .

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5EGeLrgNlho&feature=player_embedded
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #7048: Feb 03, 2017 08:15:04 pm
      No, he wouldn't.
      He showed that when he sh*t all over us so many times, and was demanding a transfer as soon as he got with his National team, not once but twice.

It's time people realised we were simply a stepping stone for him and stopped all this hero worship nonsense.

But F**k me what a player!!

We had no chamce of keeping him im the end, your boys at Fenway had no chance of matching his ambition. He's at a club now that he deserves. 1 day we might get there, but never under this lot.

I wish him nothing but the best. A player who reacted on instincts on and off the pitch. He was fantastic, still love watching him now when I get time to watch Barca.

Hurts to see him doing it for them but it brings back good memories of what he did for us.
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #7049: Feb 03, 2017 08:16:13 pm
      Luis just scored a sublime goal against Atletico .

Link to You Tube  .

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5EGeLrgNlho&feature=player_embedded

That was about a week ago haha!
      andylfcynwa
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,318 posts | 1611 
      Reply #7050: Feb 03, 2017 08:25:15 pm
      No, he wouldn't.

I dont see it like that  I saw a player thst lit the place up , he had it in spades he knew it we knew it , you dont get  many chances in your lifetime to watch a worldy live im glad I did,  its fck all too do with hero worship  but the fact for a while we had one of the best in the world strutting his stuff  lighting up the anfield turf .
      bmck
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,404 posts | 1611 
      • YNWA
      Reply #7051: Feb 03, 2017 08:30:11 pm
      I dont see it like that  I saw a player thst lit the place up , he had it in spades he knew it we knew it , you dont get  many chances in your lifetime to watch a worldy live im glad I did,  its fck all too do with hero worship  but the fact for a while we had one of the best in the world strutting his stuff  lighting up the anfield turf .

Let's be honest, it could be a while before we see another player as good (as consistently brilliant over a season or two) as Luis lining out for us again. Cou is coming along well, be has a bit to do to be in the same class.
      He had his problems, but the wonderful things he did outweighed them but by quite a bit.
      andylfcynwa
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,318 posts | 1611 
      Reply #7052: Feb 03, 2017 08:50:21 pm
      Let's be honest, it could be a while before we see another player as good (as consistently brilliant over a season or two) as Luis lining out for us again. Cou is coming along well, be has a bit to do to be in the same class.
      He had his problems, but the wonderful things he did outweighed them but by quite a bit.

Is right mate genius of a football player as you say it could be a while .
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #7053: Feb 03, 2017 09:26:47 pm
      If it makes you feel any better, it is very likely last year was Suarez's peak and he will be going downhill from here. He is 30 now, his games to goal is not as good as last year for club or country.
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,466 posts | 4816 
      Reply #7054: Feb 04, 2017 06:50:26 am
      No, he wouldn't.

He didn't and couldn't give a f**k about us.

Oh here you go again telling everybody what they shouldn't do.

Obnoxious pr**k.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,111 posts | 4876 
      Reply #7055: Feb 04, 2017 08:54:38 am
      It's an absolute travesty that he hasn't been awarded a Ballon D'Or yet.
      Billy1
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,638 posts | 1966 
      Reply #7056: Feb 04, 2017 09:18:50 am
      No, he wouldn't.

He didn't and couldn't give a f**k about us.

Oh how I wish that that convenient tool was playing for us this season,just think of the goals he would of scored and provided  for his team mates.
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #7057: Feb 04, 2017 09:28:18 am
      It's an absolute travesty that he hasn't been awarded a Ballon D'Or yet.

He wasn't even in the top 3 despite being the best in the world :D
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #7058: Feb 04, 2017 09:28:56 am
      Oh how I wish that that convenient tool was playing for us this season,just think of the goals he would of scored and provided  for his team mates.

Thing is mate if we were a convenient tool who's fault is that?

If we are indeed a stepping stone perhaps we should look at ourselves.

Or perhaps the owners for creating that environment.

They have the sales of Torres, Suarez and Sterling hanging over them, players who did indeed leave to teams more capable and more likely of winning titles year on year.
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #7059: Feb 04, 2017 12:33:35 pm
      Oh here you go again telling everybody what they shouldn't do.

Obnoxious pr**k.

And you don't?
      Another F***ing hypocrite. Go Back to sucking off Corbally.

So it's all right for a player to sh*t all over us if he was good enough.
      Got it.

Just to be clear; fantastic player, one of the best to wear the shirt, but he also showed that he didn't give a F**k about us as soon as he wanted to further his career, first batting his eyes at Arsenal, because he thought CL would bring him to Barca's attention more quickly, then doing everything he could to get out as soon as Barca came sniffing.
      I don't really blame him, it's his career and his family lived in Barcelona, but I don't hold him in any kind of high regard (or any kind of regard at all) because of how he went about it.
      king kenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 3,111 posts | 441 
      Reply #7060: Feb 04, 2017 12:46:46 pm
      Barca sorry mean messi fc did to us what would have happened to them till a little argentine came along.  I don't think it was the owners fault he wanted the move he had to go.  But he took a step down.    On a weekly basis he plays in the scottish premier league. 

Quick Reply