Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

Luis Suarez (Liverpool -> Barcelona)

Read 780792 times
      bigmick
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,078 posts | 2767 
      Re: Luis Suarez (Liverpool -> Barcelona)
      Reply #7084: Feb 08, 2017 12:43:29 am
      Best to ever wear the shirt IMHO.
      ORCHARD RED
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,526 posts | 1457 
      • 6 Times!
      Reply #7085: Feb 08, 2017 06:30:46 am
      Still not good enough to be in even top 3 of Ballon d'Or though. Fix.

I think it's see see l to say he's been blacklisted mate after his antics, there's no other reason why he didn't win it.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #7086: Feb 09, 2017 06:38:03 pm
      I think it's see see l to say he's been blacklisted mate after his antics, there's no other reason why he didn't win it.

Popularity contest is all it is. Gone are the days where players won it on merit.
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,342 posts | 3368 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #7087: Feb 09, 2017 06:47:34 pm
      Popularity contest is all it is. Gone are the days where players won it on merit.

Certainly deserved to be nominated
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #7088: Feb 11, 2017 04:47:51 pm
      Oh here you go again telling everybody what they shouldn't do.

Obnoxious pr**k.

Thats usually reserved for Hollywood  ;D

Where is he ?

Clogs the threads up with verbal diarrhea and multiple posts ... then scampers back to his hole again.
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,583 posts | 6643 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #7089: Feb 11, 2017 10:59:53 pm
      What's he got? Last time I read he had 107 goals in 127 appearances for them. F***ing unbelievable.
      QuicoGalante
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,509 posts | 120 
      • Uruguay 2030
      Reply #7090: Feb 12, 2017 03:22:33 pm
      What's he got? Last time I read he had 107 goals in 127 appearances for them. F***ing unbelievable.

109, and around 50 assists. Plus, Barcelona have never lost a game where Suarez scored. Talisman. But his biggest impact is that he awakened the best Messi, people often forget the form the catalans were in when he joined. He makes the players around him better. Yes, even Messi.

Stats are not enough to show his contribution. Same as when he played for us, the sheer fear he brought into opposition was like playing with 13 on our side, to the rivals 12 (11+ref)
      F**k i miss him, and to make matters worse he went to a club i dislike. Love to watch them play atm tho, Messi Suarez Neymar is a once in a lifetime partnership.
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #7091: Feb 12, 2017 04:21:48 pm
      He makes the players around him better. Yes, even Messi.

Stats are not enough to show his contribution. Same as when he played for us, the sheer fear he brought into opposition was like playing with 13 on our side, to the rivals 12 (11+ref)
      F**k i miss him, and to make matters worse he went to a club i dislike. Love to watch them play atm tho, Messi Suarez Neymar is a once in a lifetime partnership.

Couldn't agree more with all this mate, especially your first sentence. Such an unquantifiable asset that few players possess but to me Suarez exudes it.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      Reply #7092: Feb 12, 2017 05:08:48 pm
      Another 2 goals and another 2 assists.
      Jimsouse67
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,275 posts | 1436 
      Reply #7093: Feb 12, 2017 06:09:53 pm
      Unreal stat that is,will be a very very long time before we see another like him  if at all.
      QuicoGalante
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,509 posts | 120 
      • Uruguay 2030
      Reply #7094: Feb 12, 2017 11:34:21 pm
      Couldn't agree more with all this mate, especially your first sentence. Such an unquantifiable asset that few players possess but to me Suarez exudes it.

He creates space for his team mates with such ease. Messi was stuck in that "false nine" role till suarez arrived, now he plays wherever the hell he wants, and since hes one of the most intelligent footballers around, its no wonder hes thriving.

Suarez has unleashed Messi, and that is one hell of a compliment.

To think that he is playing for that bunch of unappreciative pricks is so sad. Of course its easy to speak about someone elses life, but id take being a legend at Liverpool over one of the lot at Barcelona any day. Thats my red tinted glasses but what can you do? :)

StevieGTheCaptain8
      • Forum Ian St John

• 444 posts | 11 
      • Italian Fan
      Reply #7095: Feb 13, 2017 02:40:08 pm
      I generally agree with you Quico, but he's actually not "one of the lot" at Barcelona, he's Luis Suarez and he will be remembered by them next years as they now remember Eto'o, or Ronaldinho. After that, I would always choice to be the main man for a team, for a city, for a whole community of people called Liverpool FC, where he could have been one of the greatest ever - I'm not talking about the player, he actually is - in terms of how people could have loved him forever. For me, he's still one of my favourite former player, not so many above him. I only wish his wife could have travelled to Merseyside instead of Catalunya that day many many years ago  :roll: :roll:
      QuicoGalante
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,509 posts | 120 
      • Uruguay 2030
      Reply #7096: Mar 14, 2017 09:44:44 pm
      I generally agree with you Quico, but he's actually not "one of the lot" at Barcelona, he's Luis Suarez and he will be remembered by them next years as they now remember Eto'o, or Ronaldinho. After that, I would always choice to be the main man for a team, for a city, for a whole community of people called Liverpool FC, where he could have been one of the greatest ever - I'm not talking about the player, he actually is - in terms of how people could have loved him forever. For me, he's still one of my favourite former player, not so many above him. I only wish his wife could have travelled to Merseyside instead of Catalunya that day many many years ago  :roll: :roll:

Nah, you are talking about a lot that actually booed Messi and co when leaving the stadium just a few years back. Disgraceful fans.
      He could/would have been a Legend here. Cant blame him for wanting to win trophies fast since football is a short career, and he must have felt we were going nowhere. And Stevies days were numbered so think that was the final nail in the coffin

Barca fans dont actually praise him that much, as long as they have Messi they dont give a rats ass whos on the pitch

This stat is astonishing:
      "Suarez's talismanic status has lasted throughout his career, being beaten in just 14 appearances in which he's scored (eight for Ajax and five for Liverpool), drawing 26, and being victorious in a massive 164 of his 205 goalscoring fixtures."

http://www.marca.com/en/football/barcelona/2017/03/13/58c665c1e5fdeaaf2e8b45ee.html

FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,048 posts | 6294 
      Reply #7097: Mar 14, 2017 09:50:37 pm

No he's right, they adore Messi and while he's there, everyone else is just riding his coat tails. They don't deserve Suarez (or Neymar).
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      Reply #7098: Apr 05, 2017 07:45:48 pm
      Just scored a nice overhead kick and got an assist to go with it
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #7099: Apr 05, 2017 07:52:01 pm
      Just scored a nice overhead kick and got an assist to go with it

World class goal because of the improvisation! That £50m Lukaku would've still had his back to goal, and by the time he turns, support would have arrived!
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #7100: Jun 03, 2017 09:42:23 pm
      Get the feeling Suarez peeked in 2015-2016. He was good this season but nowhere near the last season.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,048 posts | 6294 
      Reply #7101: Jun 04, 2017 12:37:51 am
      Get the feeling Suarez peeked in 2015-2016. He was good this season but nowhere near the last season.

If we had him this past season we probably win the title.
      PastorGeek
      • Not Actual Geek
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,474 posts | 701 
      Reply #7102: Jun 04, 2017 02:44:11 am
      If we had him this past season we probably win the title.

And to think, 70% of this forum voted that we sell him cause he bit Ivanovic SMH.
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #7103: Jul 10, 2017 04:45:44 pm
      Anfield HQ‏Verified account @AnfieldHQ  18s19 seconds ago
       Suarez: "A few people have said the city of Liverpool isn’t that nice but for me it is spectacular. My family was very happy in Liverpool."

Anfield HQ‏Verified account @AnfieldHQ  58s59 seconds ago
       Suarez: "All that I experienced in Liverpool represents one of the best times of my life, and I think that in itself speaks volumes."

Anfield HQ‏Verified account @AnfieldHQ  1m1 minute ago
       Suarez: "The fact Liverpool gave me the opportunity to play in the Premier League, also the fact my son was born there means an awful lot."

Anfield HQ‏Verified account @AnfieldHQ  2m2 minutes ago
       Suarez: "When the chance comes around to actually run out at Anfield, it is just incredible for the love that the fans show you."

Suarez: "In spite of going through a few very difficult times, the fans always gave me unconditional support and I will always be grateful."

Anfield HQ‏Verified account @AnfieldHQ  17s18 seconds ago
       Suarez: "My happiest time at Liverpool? My debut was important, scoring goals in the derby against Everton as well, that was sweet!"

Suarez: "I had some thrilling moments at the club too, winning the Carling Cup was one of them. Scoring four goals in a game at Anfield."

Anfield HQ‏Verified account @AnfieldHQ  32s33 seconds ago
       Suarez: "My greatest LFC team mates? There are two. Gerrard & Coutinho. They are great players who made me feel more at ease on the pitch."

Anfield HQ‏Verified account @AnfieldHQ  37s37 seconds ago
       Suarez: "What I regretted at Liverpool was when I’d wanted to sign for another club & asked to leave Liverpool. until Gerrard spoke to me."

Anfield HQ‏Verified account @AnfieldHQ  36s37 seconds ago
       Suarez: "Gerrard told me I should wait for my dream move to Barcelona which he knew about. That was the only thing I regretted at the club."

Suarez: "I’ve always said if I ever come back to England at any time in the future, I’d only every go back to Liverpool."

Would be fantastic to see him play for us again, don't ever see it happening though. He'll move back to Uruguay to finish his career in my opinion.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 35,963 posts | 3944 
      Reply #7104: Jul 10, 2017 05:00:39 pm
      Anfield HQ‏Verified account @AnfieldHQ  18s19 seconds ago
       Suarez: "A few people have said the city of Liverpool isn’t that nice but for me it is spectacular. My family was very happy in Liverpool."

Anfield HQ‏Verified account @AnfieldHQ  58s59 seconds ago
       Suarez: "All that I experienced in Liverpool represents one of the best times of my life, and I think that in itself speaks volumes."

Suarez: "The fact Liverpool gave me the opportunity to play in the Premier League, also the fact my son was born there means an awful lot."

Anfield HQ‏Verified account @AnfieldHQ  2m2 minutes ago
       Suarez: "When the chance comes around to actually run out at Anfield, it is just incredible for the love that the fans show you."

Suarez: "In spite of going through a few very difficult times, the fans always gave me unconditional support and I will always be grateful."

Suarez: "My happiest time at Liverpool? My debut was important, scoring goals in the derby against Everton as well, that was sweet!"

Suarez: "I had some thrilling moments at the club too, winning the Carling Cup was one of them. Scoring four goals in a game at Anfield."

Anfield HQ‏Verified account @AnfieldHQ  32s33 seconds ago
       Suarez: "My greatest LFC team mates? There are two. Gerrard & Coutinho. They are great players who made me feel more at ease on the pitch."

Anfield HQ‏Verified account @AnfieldHQ  37s37 seconds ago
       Suarez: "What I regretted at Liverpool was when I’d wanted to sign for another club & asked to leave Liverpool. until Gerrard spoke to me."

Anfield HQ‏Verified account @AnfieldHQ  36s37 seconds ago
       Suarez: "Gerrard told me I should wait for my dream move to Barcelona which he knew about. That was the only thing I regretted at the club."

Suarez: "I’ve always said if I ever come back to England at any time in the future, I’d only every go back to Liverpool."

Would be fantastic to see him play for us again, don't ever see it happening though. He'll move back to Uruguay to finish his career in my opinion.

Good post Luke, what you say in closing is a given but if the chance arose could you possibly imagine our fuckwit owners parting with the wedge, considerable wedge, to re-sign Luis?

Two chances - a dogs F***ing chance and you can probably figure out the rest.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,048 posts | 6294 
      Reply #7105: Jul 10, 2017 05:41:27 pm
      He's our surprise signing this summer. You heard it here first....or maybe second if you've been paying attention ;)
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #7106: Jul 10, 2017 05:59:46 pm
      Good post Luke, what you say in closing is a given but if the chance arose could you possibly imagine our fuckwit owners parting with the wedge, considerable wedge, to re-sign Luis?

Two chances - a dogs f**king chance and you can probably figure out the rest.

I agree Stuey, unfortunately.

Quick Reply