Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

Luis Suarez (Liverpool -> Barcelona)

Read 780763 times
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Re: Luis Suarez (Liverpool -> Barcelona)
      Reply #7107: Jul 10, 2017 06:21:59 pm
      Luis Suarez leave Barca?

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

Not. A. Chance.
      He's 30 now. He has about 2 years left at Barca. I doubt we will want him back once he starts his decline. He forced his way out of Liverpool with the bite after we would not sell him to Arsenal. No thanks. His kind words didn't make me forget him taking Liverpool to court to try to force a move to a rival team and selling him for peanuts.
      « Last Edit: Jul 10, 2017 06:27:11 pm by Ribapuru »
      Magillionare
      • Official LFC Reds Sig Maker. Lives on Sesame Street.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      • Hold on a minute, John Wayne hasn't arrived yet.
      Reply #7108: Jul 10, 2017 08:15:19 pm
      I'd have him back at 40 years old just for his attitude
      Billy1
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,638 posts | 1966 
      Reply #7109: Jul 10, 2017 10:32:01 pm
      He's 30 now. He has about 2 years left at Barca. I doubt we will want him back once he starts his decline. He forced his way out of Liverpool with the bite after we would not sell him to Arsenal. No thanks. His kind words didn't make me forget him taking Liverpool to court to try to force a move to a rival team and selling him for peanuts.

I think you will find it was the likes of the media  and Ferguson who drove Luis Suarez away from Anfield. Whatever you think of Luis he always gave 100% for us on the pitch where it mattered, in other words he did not like losing.Another thing to consider is why did Sturridge lose his way after Luis left us.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #7110: Jul 10, 2017 10:48:02 pm
      He forced his way out of Liverpool with the bite after we would not sell him to Arsenal

Yep, he ruined his country's chances of getting as far as possible in the world cup just because he wanted out. People really need to get their head out their ass and stop thinking this is the case. Suarez is a winner, he will do anything possible to make sure the team that gets the win is his team, he isn't someone who would risk getting sent off/banned for a significant period of time for the sake of forcing a move, especially at the world cup. If anything he was going to play better than ever before to make sure Barca come in for him, not something that might potentially put them off him, especially with a significant ban.

He had his moments but if we had more players with his determination to win, as well as his ability then we would have been a lot better off over the last however long. Gerrard can say he wants a move to Chelsea but then change his mind and all is forgiven, yet Suarez is tarnished from now to the end of time regarding Arsenal where some are concerned.
      « Last Edit: Jul 10, 2017 11:15:06 pm by 7-King Kenny-7 »
      bigmick
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,078 posts | 2767 
      Reply #7111: Jul 11, 2017 12:14:46 am
      Yep, he ruined his country's chances of getting as far as possible in the world cup just because he wanted out. People really need to get their head out their ass and stop thinking this is the case. Suarez is a winner, he will do anything possible to make sure the team that gets the win is his team, he isn't someone who would risk getting sent off/banned for a significant period of time for the sake of forcing a move, especially at the world cup. If anything he was going to play better than ever before to make sure Barca come in for him, not something that might potentially put them off him, especially with a significant ban.

He had his moments but if we had more players with his determination to win, as well as his ability then we would have been a lot better off over the last however long. Gerrard can say he wants a move to Chelsea but then change his mind and all is forgiven, yet Suarez is tarnished from now to the end of time regarding Arsenal where some are concerned.

Agreed. He'll never be tarnished in my eyes though, I f****** love him.

srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,111 posts | 4876 
      Reply #7112: Jul 11, 2017 12:39:09 am

Agree.

I'd have him back without a second thought.
      Alfie2510
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,572 posts | 351 
      Reply #7113: Jul 11, 2017 01:55:59 pm

Perception is such a funny thing eh? Torres and Sterling are hated yet Suarez who was on the brink of striking and taking us to court for Arsenal!!! is a legend
      (I'm well aware I have a pic of Suarez under my name, I loved him)
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,048 posts | 6293 
      Reply #7114: Jul 11, 2017 02:38:33 pm
      Perception is such a funny thing eh? Torres and Sterling are hated yet Suarez who was on the brink of striking and taking us to court for Arsenal!!! is a legend

Torres isn't hated. At least not by anyone that's of sound mind and body.
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #7115: Jul 11, 2017 02:40:50 pm
      Torres isn't hated. At least not by anyone that's of sound mind and body.

I think he was when he first left, I know I cheered when Agger smashed him and was happy to see him fail at Chelsea. However, as the years have past and more has been revealed the more I've forgiven him and grown to like him again. I can't abide sulking on the pitch and I do believe he did that for much of the last season he was with us but I'm more sympathetic towards him now than I ever was and I think he'd get a cheer at Anfield now rather than a boo.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,048 posts | 6293 
      Reply #7116: Jul 11, 2017 04:39:41 pm
      I think he was when he first left, I know I cheered when Agger smashed him and was happy to see him fail at Chelsea. However, as the years have past and more has been revealed the more I've forgiven him and grown to like him again. I can't abide sulking on the pitch and I do believe he did that for much of the last season he was with us but I'm more sympathetic towards him now than I ever was and I think he'd get a cheer at Anfield now rather than a boo.

I agree, I was heartbroken but never hated him.
      Tayls
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,378 posts | 510 
      Reply #7117: Jul 11, 2017 04:50:00 pm
      Agree.

I'd have him back without a second thought.

Not sure this should be a question. There's no doubt 99% of us would take Luis back surely!!!

I actually think it might still happen maybe in a couple of years time when his contract with Barca is up. I disagree he'll go straight back to Uruguay, think he'd much prefer to have a season or two in Europe after Barca and then head home.

I'd take him at 32 that's for sure. Not like he had much pace to lose in the first place and he'll never lose his appetite for the game ;)
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,583 posts | 6643 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #7118: Jul 13, 2017 07:14:46 am
      Come home Luis.
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #7119: Jul 13, 2017 11:04:21 am
      Not to mention he wanted to leave Liverpool for peanuts, which is what Owen is hated for... intent doesn't mean anything around here it seems.
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #7120: Jul 13, 2017 11:08:05 am
      Gerrard can say he wants a move to Chelsea but then change his mind and all is forgiven, yet Suarez is tarnished from now to the end of time regarding Arsenal where some are concerned.
      Key thing her is changed his mind.. Gerrard's own choice, he didn't have to... he got a much better offer and in the end refused it. He is about as loyal as they come in football. Suarez took us to court, if you don't see the difference in that then I am utterly speechless.

My opinion if you hate Owen you should ethically hate Suarez and Torres and those names are interchangeable, I don't care who I **** off with this statement since to me it is all hypocritical and I stand alone on this opinion if I have to.
      Owen played for United, Torres Chelsea and the only reason Suarez didn't go to Arsenal is the court ruled in our favour.
      Gerrard had the chance he didn't take it
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,300 posts | 3869 
      Reply #7121: Jul 13, 2017 11:17:20 am
      Suarez stayed after the Arsenal sh*t and had the season of his life for Liverpool. He was F***ing immense.

All is forgiven :)
      AZPatriot

• 9,944 posts | 1759 
      Reply #7122: Jul 13, 2017 05:08:53 pm
      I'd take him back in a heartbeat whatever the cost, get VVD and take the title.

Migs

Matip    VVD   Lovren

Henderson

Mane                        Salah

Coutinho

Lallana      Suarez      Firmino

Bench: Can, Gini, Sturridge, Origi, Klaven, Karius,

All graft, all grit, all guts and speed on the flanks....that starting XI
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #7123: Jul 13, 2017 05:25:00 pm
      Key thing her is changed his mind.. Gerrard's own choice, he didn't have to... he got a much better offer and in the end refused it. He is about as loyal as they come in football. Suarez took us to court, if you don't see the difference in that then I am utterly speechless.

My opinion if you hate Owen you should ethically hate Suarez and Torres and those names are interchangeable, I don't care who I **** off with this statement since to me it is all hypocritical and I stand alone on this opinion if I have to.
      Owen played for United, Torres Chelsea and the only reason Suarez didn't go to Arsenal is the court ruled in our favour.

Suarez didn't actually take us to court. We gambled on Arsenal not taking us to court which there was talk of them doing, it would have been them, not Suarez taking us to court.
      Suarez openly admitted he wanted to go to Arsenal until Gerrard spoke with him and "changed his mind" by wanting to stay until he had the chance to go to Barcelona. So as you say, Gerrard changed his mind and you've forgiven him for that but yet you put Suarez in the Owen and Torres category.
      « Last Edit: Jul 13, 2017 06:14:24 pm by 7-King Kenny-7 »
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #7124: Jul 13, 2017 09:51:33 pm
      Suarez didn't actually take us to court. We gambled on Arsenal not taking us to court which there was talk of them doing, it would have been them, not Suarez taking us to court.
      Suarez openly admitted he wanted to go to Arsenal until Gerrard spoke with him and "changed his mind" by wanting to stay until he had the chance to go to Barcelona. So as you say, Gerrard changed his mind and you've forgiven him for that but yet you put Suarez in the Owen and Torres category.
      I am not sure how much Gerrard had to do with Suarez staying, personally I think that was said to get fans back onside after FSG dug their heels in. FSG said long before Suarez was not for sale. Arsenal didn't take us to court because the buyout clause was not legally binding.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,947 posts | 8458 
      Reply #7125: Jul 15, 2017 01:13:14 pm

Or just give up coming out with the sh*te that inhabits that empty head of yours.

HeighwayToHeaven

• 8,468 posts | 242 
      • Don't buy The Sun
      Reply #7126: Sep 13, 2017 03:44:04 pm
      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yOgEBBSh81U

A reminder of just how F***ing good he was for us. The lad can play a bit.
      IrishRed_IO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,479 posts | 342 
      • Formerly InertObject
      Reply #7127: Sep 13, 2017 06:32:33 pm
      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yOgEBBSh81U

A reminder of just how F***ing good he was for us. The lad can play a bit.

:'(
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #7128: Jan 08, 2018 02:55:34 pm
      Tapping up at it's finest by Suarez, not nice to hear, but it will always happen between friends. And even without Suarez begging him to join, he still would have gone to his dream club.

Edit: Ah, you know what, I don't even know why I am whining, the move was inevitable and If I were in  Suarez's shoes, I would do the same.
      « Last Edit: Jan 08, 2018 02:59:57 pm by PurpleMonkey »
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,583 posts | 6643 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #7129: Jan 08, 2018 10:57:31 pm
      Be funny as F**k if Luis came back to us and Messi fu**ed off to China leaving Phil there all by himself!

Quick Reply