Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 30th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W15 D5 L6

Luis Suarez (Liverpool -> Barcelona)

Read 784783 times
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 17,027 posts | 2719 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Re: Luis Suarez (Liverpool -> Barcelona)
      Reply #7176: Mar 22, 2019 10:45:44 am
      He left yeah, he pissed me off by leaving, yeah but f**k he gave me some unbelievable memories whilst playing, that I will never forget. A Football Genius!

Could and still do sometimes, watch his highlights reel of his time here and he was f**king amazing!

Memories like biting anyone that came near him  :lmao: Yeah he scored some great goal and would of been a legend if he had stayed at Liverpool. However, he'll always been remembered for his bad antics and orchestrating his move to Barcelona. There for like you he's a c**t.  ;D  :f_whistle: :lmao:
      hardcoresoldier
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,158 posts | 1287 
      • The Liverpool Way is The Only Way
      Reply #7177: Mar 22, 2019 12:01:16 pm
      Would take Suarez back in a heartbeat. One of the best players we have had for a long long time. The epitome of a warrior, a man you want if you're in the trenches.

Yes he pissed me off but i understood why he wanted out, the same reason Torres wanted out. Lack of investment and ambition. That has since changed and if Suarez or Torres had joined us a couple of years ago then the outcome would have been very different. Took us closer to the Premier League title than we'd ever been that Season, nothing to do with Rodgers as some would have you believe.

I'd take Coutinho back as well if he became available, whether Klopp would is a different kettle of fish. Everyone makes mistakes and there is no doubt that we miss Coutinho. No doubt the rumours are false and i also have no doubt that Klopp will get the midfielders he requires in the Summer. We've had players come back in the past and no doubt it will happen again.

Either way we are in the right hands and on the right path. We keep fighting.
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #7178: Mar 22, 2019 12:16:55 pm
      Groningen; wanted to move to Ajax, took the club to arbitration, lost but eventually got a move to Ajax.

Ajax; wanted a move abroad, bit Otman Bakkal on the shoulder. got banned moved clubs

LFC; 2013, the club were finishing below CL spots, Arsenal were sniffing around, bit Branislav Ivanović. Gave presser saying he wanted out because of "English press", but wanted to go to Arsenal (CL football)
      Subsequently banned at the beginning of the next season, possibly having an effect on GD in title race.

LFC 2014; Barcelona had been sniffing round, reports that he had signed a contract agreement with them, LFC refused the move, Suarez bit Giorgio Chiellini at the World Cup, subsequently sold to Barcelona, his dream move.

Barcelona 2014 - present; hasn't bitten anyone.

But it's all just a coincidence.
       :lmao:
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #7179: Mar 22, 2019 12:18:30 pm
      However, he'll always been remembered for his bad antics and orchestrating his move to Barcelona.

For people like Swab maybe who clearly have some sort of separation issue that need to convince themselves of anything, a lot of people remember him for his sheer brilliance, work rate and desire to win. His final season with us was nothing short of extraordinary, I know Salah has since smashed the number of goals he got that year but the level of consistency Suarez showed that season in his all round performance is up there with the best I’ve seen.

Very much a player you either love or hate.
      « Last Edit: Mar 22, 2019 12:23:01 pm by 7-King Kenny-7 »
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #7180: Mar 22, 2019 12:23:42 pm
      For people like Swab maybe who clearly have some sort of separation issue that need to convince themselves of anything, a lot of people remember him for his sheer brilliance, work rate and desire to win. His final season with us was nothing short of extraordinary, I know Salah has since smashed the number of goals he got that year but the level of consistency Suarez showed that season in his all round performance is up there with the best I’ve seen.

Yeah, don't project your issues onto me fella.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      Reply #7181: Mar 22, 2019 12:24:14 pm
      Yeah, don't project your issues onto me fella.

Don’t worry about that, you’re doing it enough for the both of us.
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #7182: Mar 22, 2019 12:27:09 pm
      Don’t worry about that, you’re doing it enough for the both of us.

I have absolutely no idea why a moderator is attempting to bicker with another poster.

I've clearly stated my opinion, several times, and I've stood by it.
      No "separation issue" or any other bullshit.
      If you have a problem accepting a posters opinion, it's entirely your problem, no one else's.

The man was a c**t, who fu**ed us over.

Great footballer, but a massive c**t.
      That's how I see it.

7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      Reply #7183: Mar 22, 2019 12:29:56 pm
      I have absolutely no idea why a moderator is attempting to bicker with another poster.

I've clearly stated my opinion, several times, and I've stood by it.
      No "separation issue" or any other bullshit.
      If you have a problem accepting a posters opinion, it's entirely your problem, no one else's.

The man was a c**t, who fu**ed us over.

Great footballer, but a massive c**t.
      That's how I see it.

Oh yeah I forgot Mods aren’t allowed to voice anything, that old chestnut, silly me.

You can see it how you want, like I said. But doesn’t mean I don’t have the right to disagree with your notion of the World Cup bite just because I’m a moderator, you are certainly never shy to air your disagreement with peoples opinion. Sorry you take it personally when it’s aimed at you, we’ll just move on shall we.
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #7184: Mar 22, 2019 12:32:34 pm
      Oh yeah I forgot Mods aren’t allowed to voice anything, that old chestnut, silly me.

You can see it how you want, like I said. But doesn’t mean I don’t have the right to disagree with your notion of the World Cup bite just because I’m a moderator, you are certainly never shy to air your disagreement with peoples opinion. Sorry you take it personally when it’s aimed at you.

;D, as you so love to say "you're embarrassing yourself now la'  ".

You're clearly trying to pick a row.
      Pick it with someone else.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      Reply #7185: Mar 22, 2019 12:37:01 pm
      ;D, as you so love to say "you're embarrassing yourself now la'  ".

You're clearly trying to pick a row.
      Pick it with someone else.

Standard Swab when he doesn’t like what he’s reading :D.

Like I said, let’s move on.
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,439 posts | 3422 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #7186: Mar 22, 2019 12:37:57 pm
      Groningen; wanted to move to Ajax, took the club to arbitration, lost but eventually got a move to Ajax.

Ajax; wanted a move abroad, bit Otman Bakkal on the shoulder. got banned moved clubs

LFC; 2013, the club were finishing below CL spots, Arsenal were sniffing around, bit Branislav Ivanović. Gave presser saying he wanted out because of "English press", but wanted to go to Arsenal (CL football)
      Subsequently banned at the beginning of the next season, possibly having an effect on GD in title race.

LFC 2014; Barcelona had been sniffing round, reports that he had signed a contract agreement with them, LFC refused the move, Suarez bit Giorgio Chiellini at the World Cup, subsequently sold to Barcelona, his dream move.

Barcelona 2014 - present; hasn't bitten anyone.

But it's all just a coincidence.
       :lmao:

Playing devil's advocate and not thinking of any specific it makes me smile when people complain about how a player leaves but if a player at another does that to join the club they support then it's all fair game
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #7187: Mar 22, 2019 12:40:37 pm
      Standard Swab when he doesn’t like what he’s reading :D.

Like I said, let’s move on.

I don't really give a F**k.
      It's the internet, all these posters are just pixels on a screen, that's all.

The problem is that when I stand up for my opinion, the same as anyone else does, I get accused of arguing.
      Of course when someone doesn't agree with my opinion, they're "entitled to theirs" but it seems I'm not entitled to mine.

Interweb double standards.
      Who'd have thought it.
      Funny that.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      Reply #7188: Mar 22, 2019 12:42:12 pm
      I don't really give a f**k.
      It's the internet, all these posters are just pixels on a screen, that's all.

The problem is that when I stand up for my opinion, the same as anyone else does, I get accused of arguing.
      Of course when someone doesn't agree with my opinion, they're "entitled to theirs" but it seems I'm not entitled to mine.

Interweb double standards.
      Who'd have thought it.
      Funny that.

Well regardless of whether you love him or hate him, I think there will be an all round support for him to do well against the Mancs in a couple of weeks. Regardless of what you think of him, there’s no doubt he’s going to be even more determined than ever to win that game and hopefully he can send the Mancs packing before we send Barca packing.
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #7189: Mar 22, 2019 12:42:43 pm
      Playing devil's advocate and not thinking of any specific it makes me smile when people complain about how a player leaves but if a player at another does that to join the club they support then it's all fair game

If Mbappe or Varane wanted out and forced a move to us, I bet we would be celebrating for weeks... I certainly would :D
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #7190: Mar 22, 2019 12:43:12 pm

Not to me mate.

I thought he was a c**t for what he did at Ajax, and the world cup.

I enjoyed his football when he was here, he's one of the best I've seen in our shirt.

I knew he was going to go at some point, and didn't begrudge him his "dream move", after all, his family were in Barcelona and settled there.
      It's the way he left I've always had a problem with, and if a player wanted to come here and behaved like that to get a move, I'd call them a c**t as well.
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,439 posts | 3422 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #7191: Mar 22, 2019 12:44:02 pm
      If Mbappe or Varane wanted out and forced a move to us, I bet we would be celebrating for weeks... I certainly would :D

If mbappe wants to bite neymar to force a move to us then it's get in gnasher
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #7192: Mar 22, 2019 12:45:01 pm

Well regardless of whether you love him or hate him, I think there will be an all round support for him to do well against the Mancs in a couple of weeks. Regardless of what you think of him, there’s no doubt he’s going to be even more determined than ever to win that game and hopefully he can send the Mancs packing before we send Barca packing.

Time heals, and I have moved on, no need to harbour so much hate imo. I appreciate what he did for us on the pitch  and have enjoyed watching him play for Barca!
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,653 posts | 3920 
      Reply #7193: Mar 22, 2019 12:46:11 pm
      Time heals, and I have moved on, no need to harbour so much hate imo. I appreciate what he did for us on the pitch  and have enjoyed watching him play for Barca!

Time does heal - we have new players to love! F***ing adore all the lads right now, doing a stellar job and wouldn’t swap any of them.

Let’s F***ing win the league!!
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #7194: Mar 22, 2019 12:46:34 pm

Fair enough, but I don't really do the whole "we hate united" thing these days, and I'm not into the schadenfreude thing either.
      You'll notice I rarely go into the "laugh at the *whatever team*  " threads.

It's not judging anyone who enjoys it, it's just I can't be arsed with it anymore, and with limited time, I'm much more focused on what we do as a club and as a team.

I couldn't really give a F**k about what other teams do these days.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 17,027 posts | 2719 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #7195: Mar 22, 2019 12:54:19 pm
      a lot of people remember him for his sheer brilliance, work rate and desire to win. His final season with us was nothing short of extraordinary, I know Salah has since smashed the number of goals he got that year but the level of consistency Suarez showed that season in his all round performance is up there with the best I’ve seen.

His ablity as a football player never in question mate and echo the same thoughts as yourself.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,010 posts | 3953 
      Reply #7196: Mar 22, 2019 01:08:32 pm
      Content with Luis’ contribution before it went tits up
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,338 posts | 6390 
      Reply #7197: Mar 22, 2019 01:40:15 pm
      One thing I don't think is debatable, he placed winning above all other things. Now sometimes the winning was his team (Uruguay and the handball "incident") and sometimes the winning was for himself (forcing moves through) but in the end, you have to agree that there were no moral, legal, etc barriers that he would let stand in his way of what he set out to do.
      hardcoresoldier
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,158 posts | 1287 
      • The Liverpool Way is The Only Way
      Reply #7198: Mar 22, 2019 01:48:56 pm
      Not to me mate.

I thought he was a c**t lovely bloke for what he did at Ajax, and the world cup.

I enjoyed adored his football when he was here, he's one of the best I've seen in our shirt.

I knew he was going to go at some point, and didn't begrudge him his "dream move", after all, his family were in Barcelona and settled there.
      It's the way he left I've always had a problem with, and if a player wanted to come here and behaved like that to get a move, I'd call them a c**t lovely as well.

Having said that i truly believe Suarez is a lovely lovely man and i would welcome him back to Anfield like a long lost child.

Fixed it for you Swab.  :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

Quick Reply