Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

Luis Suarez (Liverpool -> Barcelona)

Read 780787 times
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Re: Luis Suarez (Liverpool -> Barcelona)
      Reply #7268: May 08, 2019 12:19:37 am
      A man of his word. No celebration at Anfield ;D
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,172 posts | 4401 
      Reply #7269: May 08, 2019 12:25:53 am
      What a great decision to take Robbo out!

Dirty c**t.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #7270: May 08, 2019 12:26:50 am
      So delighted we knocked those cu*ts out, Phil and Gnasher Suarez. Luis has become a much nastier player since leaving us, real dirty in every way so it's lovely that they get dumped out for the second year running.

Now F**k off back to Spain the pair of you!
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #7271: May 08, 2019 12:47:13 am
      He'd always be welcomed back with appreciation from us...not anymore.

I adored Suarez when he played for us. I always remember thinking 'he's the sort of player you'd despise if he was playing for any other club'. Watching Suarez in the last 5 years for Barca I never got that but when he came up against us these past 6 days truly did I find it out to be true.

Dirty, cynical, provocative but without the immense moments of genius to go with it. To hear the Anfield crowd turn on him (F**k off Suarez) was a sad moment given how much we supported him during his time with us. But it was entirely justified given his behaviour tonight.

I don't doubt that his love of the place was true but such was his selfish nature tonight, his obsessiveness to do anything to get Barca to the final, he lost the place that he once called home. And that's really sad in a way.

His most famous Anfield moment will no longer be all those devastatingly awesome displays he seemed to conjure week in week out. It will be the night where Liverpool produced it's greatest European night and he was playing for the losers and making the biggest loser on the night out of himself. In one fell swoop it seems he eradicated his entire history with the club.

Night night Luis. I doubt you'll be welcomed back.
      Scottbot
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,542 posts | 2135 
      Reply #7272: May 08, 2019 11:07:16 am

I adored Suarez when he played for us. I always remember thinking 'he's the sort of player you'd despise if he was playing for any other club'. Watching Suarez in the last 5 years for Barca I never got that but when he came up against us these past 6 days truly did I find it out to be true.

Dirty, cynical, provocative but without the immense moments of genius to go with it. To hear the Anfield crowd turn on him (F**k off Suarez) was a sad moment given how much we supported him during his time with us. But it was entirely justified given his behaviour tonight.

I don't doubt that his love of the place was true but such was his selfish nature tonight, his obsessiveness to do anything to get Barca to the final, he lost the place that he once called home. And that's really sad in a way.

His most famous Anfield moment will no longer be all those devastatingly awesome displays he seemed to conjure week in week out. It will be the night where Liverpool produced it's greatest European night and he was playing for the losers and making the biggest loser on the night out of himself. In one fell swoop it seems he eradicated his entire history with the club.

I think you have to expect him to be the same player he was when he was at Anfield, he was our cheating bugger then so it was ok, but obviously we got a glimpse of how the rest of the Premier League must have felt about him. I don't think he will be all that bothered about the abuse from the fans, in fact I think he needs it to be at his best. All the antics and wind-ups were getting to our lads, particularly Robbo and Fabinho. I'm certain Klopp would have spoken to them on that at half-time.

Something that did strike a cord with me was listening to Robbie talk about Suarez before the game on BT. He clearly isn't a big fan and he said he was annoyed that Suarez gets (or did get) so much adulation from the Kop given that he wanted to leave the club for Arsenal just 12 months before he actually did go. It clearly irks him that Suarez is (was) loved but Michael Owen gets no love at all from the fans. He said that "Michael did far more for the club than Suarez ever did'. You know what, he 's right. My 'he's dead to me' attitude towards Owen softened somewhat after that. Not that many reds will agree with me.

Suarez looks after Suarez and i'm not sure he really has much of an affiliation to any of the clubs he has played for if i'm honest. 
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,300 posts | 3869 
      Reply #7273: May 08, 2019 12:25:33 pm
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #7274: May 08, 2019 01:05:22 pm

Luis Suarez now walks alone
      CT_LFC

• 6,782 posts | 1395 
      Reply #7275: May 08, 2019 01:44:20 pm
      It was heart warming to hear the "F**k off Suarez" chants from the Anfield faithful last night. This rat needed to be treated for what he is, not with adulation just because he had that 1 great year with us.
      jabv
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,293 posts | 177 
      • backs Harvey Elliot's haircut
      Reply #7276: May 08, 2019 04:16:38 pm
      TBH I don't think he has changed at all. For me it has always been pretty clear that this is the kind of player you love to be on your side, and absolutely despise to be on the opposite. He'll do anything to win, right or wrong.

Still, that has nothing to do with his celebration. You need to score to win, the celebration is optional. He was cherished by the fans, he at least owed them a little respect. But I suppose he's not only a nasty player, but a nasty person too.
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,965 posts | 3047 
      Reply #7277: May 08, 2019 05:23:25 pm

Should count himself lucky he’s not squatting with Robbo’s left boot up his arse..........

Only thing missing was seeing the wee man wipe that smile off his face in person after that 1st leg and the snidey injury.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,048 posts | 6294 
      Reply #7278: May 08, 2019 05:29:38 pm
      I think we should petition the mods to close this thread. I think last night should have shut the door on any need for anyone to discuss him at length. He's just a footnote at this point.
      Scottbot

• 9,542 posts | 2135 
      Reply #7279: May 08, 2019 05:34:09 pm
      TBH I don't think he has changed at all. For me it has always been pretty clear that this is the kind of player you love to be on your side, and absolutely despise to be on the opposite. He'll do anything to win, right or wrong.

Still, that has nothing to do with his celebration. You need to score to win, the celebration is optional. He was cherished by the fans, he at least owed them a little respect. But I suppose he's not only a nasty player, but a nasty person too.

I agree mate, I was happy enough to hear the chants last night in respect of the fans using everything they can to try and influence the game but I don't personally have any ill feeling to Suarez. If he was back for a trestimonial or legends game i'd happily cheer him and sing his song. I thought he was an incredible player who gave everything on the pitch for the club and for that we should be grateful. I was a bit pissed off when he celebrated his goal at the Nou Camp in such a way because the vast majority of players in world football do not celebrate like that against their former club as a mark of respect. But then most players don't go around biting people! 
      Kopite78
      Reply #7280: May 08, 2019 06:24:45 pm
      I agree mate, I was happy enough to hear the chants last night in respect of the fans using everything they can to try and influence the game but I don't personally have any ill feeling to Suarez. If he was back for a trestimonial or legends game i'd happily cheer him and sing his song. I thought he was an incredible player who gave everything on the pitch for the club and for that we should be grateful. I was a bit pissed off when he celebrated his goal at the Nou Camp in such a way because the vast majority of players in world football do not celebrate like that against their former club as a mark of respect. But then most players don't go around biting people!

Or trying their hardest to get a move to arsenal

F**k him the buck toothed c**t
      redindian
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,955 posts | 234 
      Reply #7281: May 09, 2019 12:06:54 pm
      DanMann

• 5,635 posts | 866 
      Reply #7282: Jun 15, 2019 01:41:27 pm
      I see he's been talking about how distraught he was after we destroyed him and his team.  :lmao:

The gift that keeps giving.
      CT_LFC

• 6,782 posts | 1395 
      Reply #7283: Jun 15, 2019 03:18:23 pm
      I see he's been talking about how distraught he was after we destroyed him and his team.  :lmao:

The gift that keeps giving.

Hahahaha F**k that guy
      ruthcity

• 6,867 posts | 1465 
      Reply #7284: Jun 15, 2019 04:00:19 pm
      Hope we destroy him one more time next year.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #7285: Jun 15, 2019 05:01:24 pm
      I used to Love him his winning attitude now...  I wouldn't piss on him if he was on fire
      David Wright
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,233 posts | 752 
      Reply #7286: Jun 15, 2019 06:33:00 pm
      Suarez bites the dust as far as I am concerned.
      Boston not la
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,564 posts | 766 
      Reply #7287: Jun 15, 2019 06:39:17 pm
      Lotta grrrrr,still think he's a great player,still like to watch him play.
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,300 posts | 3869 
      Reply #7288: Jun 15, 2019 08:47:51 pm
      I lost all respect after the arsenal sh*te.
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,583 posts | 6643 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #7289: Jun 18, 2019 02:11:42 am

Thought Ramos and Roy Keane are bigger cu*ts then Luis to be fair!
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #7290: Jun 18, 2019 09:27:03 am

Thought Ramos and Roy Keane are bigger cu*ts then Luis to be fair!

Roy Keane, Ramos and Joey Barton all bigger cu*ts than Suarez.

Quick Reply