Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

Andy Carroll (Liverpool > West Ham Utd)

Read 433197 times
      AlexLFC95
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,393 posts | 56 
      Re: Andy Carroll (Liverpool > West Ham Utd)
      Reply #5290: Apr 07, 2014 07:34:58 pm
      That does tempt the enquiry 'what the f**k is he'?

sh*te
      Son Of A Gun
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,187 posts | 1269 
      Reply #5291: Apr 07, 2014 07:55:18 pm
      Yeah, was pretty sure he'd be involved in headlines against us some way or another after yesterdays game.

The F***ing bitter c**t trying to cheat his way to victory against us, glad it didn't pay off.

He epitomises sh*t - as a player and a human being.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #5292: Apr 07, 2014 09:19:15 pm
      Posted this on his Twitter - "We were unlucky not to get something today against this seasons champions"
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 39,529 posts | 6887 
      Reply #5293: Apr 07, 2014 10:26:10 pm
      Think some of the comments on here have been harsh. 
      RedWilly
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,146 posts | 1619 
      Reply #5294: Apr 07, 2014 10:29:06 pm

Agree. Did the best for his team and looked dangerous, of course there was that added motivation playing us, he's already said he felt unfairly treated (I can see why).

Nothing against the lad personally, although I was hurling dogs abuse at him when their goal stood.
      lester76
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,810 posts | 242 
      Reply #5295: Apr 07, 2014 11:19:39 pm

Completely agree when you consider his twitter post.
      Some posters could do with understanding what Class is.
      Roddenberry
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 16,568 posts | 1876 
      Reply #5296: Apr 07, 2014 11:25:06 pm
      Some posters could do with understanding what Class is.

Or at least go to a few.  ;)
      Alfie2510
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,572 posts | 351 
      Reply #5297: Apr 07, 2014 11:26:00 pm

Was just going to say this
      He couldn't have been more complementary about LFC in the build up to the game, and said nothing to suggest he bore any ill-will to BR, which if he did would be partly understandable.
      It's not his fault Comolli paid £35M for him.
      Show some class

Thought he was a c**t long before yesterday's antics, nice to see it is possible to hit lower than rock bottom in someone's esteem.

Isn't, and never has been, a striker.

Could of picked a few, but being a member of the forums staff would expect better
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #5298: Apr 07, 2014 11:36:09 pm
      Actions speak much louder than words for all those that are suggesting his talk excuses his behaviour.

Trying to cheat against his boyhood club.
      Trying to cheat against the club that gave him his biggest opportunity and made him a very rich lad.
      Throwing the shirt down the tunnel.
      Lazy in training.
      Lazy on the pitch.
      No respect for our club in the way he handled himself on or off the pitch (nights out in Dublin etc).

A little bit of twitter talk wont excuse him in my books and as much as I call a spade a spade I'll call a c**t a c**t, preaching about class doesn't change how we all evaluate people and Andy, in my books, is a c**t.

Alfie2510
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,572 posts | 351 
      Reply #5299: Apr 07, 2014 11:43:54 pm
      Actions speak much louder than words for all those that are suggesting his talk excuses his behaviour.

Trying to cheat against his boyhood club.
      Trying to cheat against the club that gave him his biggest opportunity and made him a very rich lad.
      Throwing the shirt down the tunnel.
      Lazy in training.
      Lazy on the pitch.
      No respect for our club in the way he handled himself on or off the pitch (nights out in Dublin etc).

A little bit of twitter talk wont excuse him in my books and as much as I call a spade a spade I'll call a c**t a c**t, preaching about class doesn't change how we all evaluate people and Andy, in my books, is a c**t.

Is Luis Suarez a c**t in those books as well because he has committed pretty much every indiscretion on that list?
      Nobody's perfect. You're the f***in disgrace
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #5300: Apr 07, 2014 11:54:10 pm
      Is Luis Suarez a c**t in those books as well? Nobody's perfect

Not sure of your point but yes to a lesser extent Suarez is a c**t. Probably not the right place for the discussion but:

Suarez has more mitigating factors as we'll never know if he was telling the truth about what Brendan said to him. Still the way he handled the media last season made me lose a massive amount of respect I had built up for him. I still rate him as one of the best footballers to ever pull on our shirt but I don't cheer him on personally when he scores the goals now I simply take pleasure in our winning because my faith in the man is under question and I wont allow myself to be lured in like before.

The way he tries to cheat doesn't make him a c**t in my eyes, many players do it, it was the manner in which Carroll, completely against character, actually put in a massive amount of effort when judged against other performances tried to do his best to stop us. As I said, if he had done this by fair means, then no problem and respect but by trying to cheat then, well we don't need to go over ground already covered.

So yes, Luis is a c**t, he's our c**t at the moment though and should he remain with us after this Summer he will go someway to restoring my belief and love for the bloke but for now I'll just enjoy his genius rather than praise him personally.
      Alfie2510
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,572 posts | 351 
      Reply #5301: Apr 08, 2014 12:10:55 am
      Not sure of your point but yes to a lesser extent Suarez is a c**t. Probably not the right place for the discussion but:

Suarez has more mitigating factors as we'll never know if he was telling the truth about what Brendan said to him. Still the way he handled the media last season made me lose a massive amount of respect I had built up for him. I still rate him as one of the best footballers to ever pull on our shirt but I don't cheer him on personally when he scores the goals now I simply take pleasure in our winning because my faith in the man is under question and I wont allow myself to be lured in like before.

The way he tries to cheat doesn't make him a c**t in my eyes, many players do it, it was the manner in which Carroll, completely against character, actually put in a massive amount of effort when judged against other performances tried to do his best to stop us. As I said, if he had done this by fair means, then no problem and respect but by trying to cheat then, well we don't need to go over ground already covered.

So yes, Luis is a c**t, he's our c**t at the moment though and should he remain with us after this Summer he will go someway to restoring my belief and love for the bloke but for now I'll just enjoy his genius rather than praise him personally.

OK I take your points, and to be fair I think I'm on a similar line with you on Suarez.
      I just feel that some of the attacks on Carroll are uncalled for and not in the spirit of the club. Is Jonjo Shelvey a "c**t" for scoring twice against us this season and playing his heart out in both games? Were the Kop "cu*ts" for applauding his goal at Anfield?
      Carroll owes us nothing. West Ham pay his wages and he should have on Sunday done everything in his power to win that game for his club. Of course he tried to "do his best to stop us" what are you expecting?

I take your points about him probably not applying himself properly in his time at LFC. But to be fair to him he didn't want to move from Newcastle, Mike Ca$hley booted his arse out of the club he loved.
      When BR made it clear he wasn't in his plans he accepted his decision with good grace and went to a newly promoted side on loan (what a come down) even further away from his home without a complaint, and he hasn't criticised BR in any real way I'm aware of since.

Absolutely no need to have a go the way some of you guys have. He's been respectful to the club and fans, give some back ffs and stop embarrassing yourselves
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #5302: Apr 08, 2014 12:22:28 am
      I just feel that attacks on Carroll to be uncalled for and not in the spirit of the club. Is Jonjo Shelvey a cubit for scoring twice against us this season and playing his heart out in both games? Were the Kop 'cu*ts' for applauding his goal at Anfield?

No mate, not at all because that is in the spirit of the game, as you can see above I said I would have respected Andy had he just tried his best without trying to cheat the whole game.

For instance there was one incident where he had a word with the ref, then stood in front of Skrtel and as soon as the corner came in he fell down like a wilting flower, it was embarrassing, disrespectful and that is the kind of thing that sets him apart and ranks him as low in my estimation as he is.

Absolutely no need to have a go the way some of you guys have. He's been respectful of the club and fans, give some back ffs and stop embarrassing yourselves

This is where we clearly disagree most Alfie because I think he's shown no respect to our club, in fact he's been highly disrespectful and insulting in his behaviour towards us and therefore merits the reaction. Clearly I'm not alone either and while you clearly disagree with those above who felt it timely to vent their anger towards Andy I don't and think it was fair.

Alfie2510
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,572 posts | 351 
      Reply #5303: Apr 08, 2014 12:30:48 am
      Fair play Luke we'll agree to disagree.
      Where we fundamentally disagree I think is for me Andy Carroll doesn't need to respect us on the pitch. He flew himself around like a sack of spuds for us and he's still doing it. I'd think worse of him if he sniped about us in the press but was sweetness and light on the field of play.
      Would have been so easy for Andy to have a go at the club over the part year or so but he hasn't. Fair play to you Andy - get a f***in hair cut though big yin
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #5304: Apr 08, 2014 12:34:00 am
      Fair play Luke we'll agree to disagree.
      Where we fundamentally disagree I think is for me Andy Carroll doesn't need to respect us on the pitch. He flew himself around like a sack of spuds for us and he's still doing it. I'd think worse of him if he sniped about us in the press but was sweetness and light on the field of play.
      Would have been so easy for Andy to have a go at the club over the part year or so but he hasn't. Fair play to you Andy - get a f***in hair cut though big yin

Yep I agree that's where we disagree Alfie and for my part on it I think it's much easier to hide your true nature in words than it is in your actions.

As you say though fella, agree to disagree on this one.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,048 posts | 6294 
      Reply #5305: Apr 08, 2014 01:45:25 am
      Is Luis Suarez a c**t in those books as well because he has committed pretty much every indiscretion on that list?
      Nobody's perfect. You're the f***in disgrace

You're out of line. Cut the crap and stop trying to instigate trouble. Andy blatantly tried to cheat us out of a goal (and accomplished it). Only reason he came out and said anything on Twitter is because he knew he was in the wrong. If that goal had cost us the title would you be so forgiving?
      Alfie2510
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,572 posts | 351 
      Reply #5306: Apr 08, 2014 02:07:28 am
      You're out of line. Cut the crap and stop trying to instigate trouble. Andy blatantly tried to cheat us out of a goal (and accomplished it). Only reason he came out and said anything on Twitter is because he knew he was in the wrong. If that goal had cost us the title would you be so forgiving?

Nobody's instigating trouble. We had a decent debate and ended it on good terms.
      I'm entitled to object to an ex-player having his character trashed when I feel it's unjustified. OK I might gave been a little over stated but that was in response to some pretty harsh indictments on the man.
      It's not a case of me forgiving him, but he plays for West Ham now he owes us nothing. I don't think he necessarily thinks "I know what I'll clatter Mignolet because he used to play for Sunderland and knock him out cold" he's just clumsy as f**k. To call the guy a c**t and every other name under the sun now the dust has settled, when he's went out of his way to say the right things about LFC is "out of line."
      « Last Edit: Apr 08, 2014 02:24:40 am by Alfie2510 »
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,048 posts | 6294 
      Reply #5307: Apr 08, 2014 02:26:37 am
      Nobody's instigating trouble. We had a decent debate and ended it on good terms.
      I'm entitled to object to an ex-player having his character trashed when I feel it's unjustified. OK I might gave been a little over stated but that was in response to some pretty harsh indictments on the man.
      It's not a case of me forgiving him, but he plays for West Ham now he owes us nothing. I don't think he necessarily thinks "I know what I'll clatter Mignolet because he used to play for Sunderland and knock him out cold" he's just clumsy as f**k. To call the guy a c**t and every other name under the sun now the dust has settled, when he's went out of his way to say the right things about LFC is "out of line."

Instead of trying to cozy up to LFC with his tweet, he should have come out and apologized for what he did and owned up to the deliberate act. I stuck up for him plenty when he was at LFC, you can check his player thread and see. Whether he did it on purpose because he was playing LFC or he didn't, he still did it on purpose and then celebrated the goal. That's a dick move and he deserves any criticism leveled at him. Why you care if he's getting lambasted I can't quite understand?
      Alfie2510
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,572 posts | 351 
      Reply #5308: Apr 08, 2014 02:29:12 am
      Instead of trying to cozy up to LFC with his tweet, he should have come out and apologized for what he did and owned up to the deliberate act. I stuck up for him plenty when he was at LFC, you can check his player thread and see. Whether he did it on purpose because he was playing LFC or he didn't, he still did it on purpose and then celebrated the goal. That's a dick move and he deserves any criticism leveled at him. Why you care if he's getting lambasted I can't quite understand?

Why do you care that I care  8)
      I'm not normally one for the moral high ground but I just took objection to it. Call me crazy
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,048 posts | 6294 
      Reply #5309: Apr 08, 2014 02:32:04 am
      Because it pains me to see purported Liverpool fans defend a non-LFC player when he tried to cheat our boys.

I'm not normally one for the moral high ground but I just took objection to it. Call me crazy

Don't think there's any morality debate to worry about. Carroll cheated, luckily didn't influence the match, people called him on it, he tried to soften it using twitter, people see through his bull...end of story.

Alfie2510
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,572 posts | 351 
      Reply #5310: Apr 08, 2014 02:43:42 am
      Because it pains me to see purported Liverpool fans defend a non-LFC player when he tried to cheat our boys.

Don't think there's any morality debate to worry about. Carroll cheated, luckily didn't influence the match, people called him on it, he tried to soften it using twitter, people see through his bull...end of story.

I disagree
      The guy hasn't said a single bad word about Liverpool since leaving nearly 2 years ago. That's counts for something in my eyes. He deserves better than to have his character ripped to shreds because of one incident. Hes not a liverpool player anymore owes us nothing. What he did on Sunday was no different to what he was doing for us for 18 months.
      And it's a double standard to say talk is cheap etc, because if he said anything negative about LFC this thread would be alive with people castigating him for being disrespectful. But we're not allowed to give him some credit for being respectful? He didn't want to cheat us anymore than Suarez wanted to cheat the ref when he screamed for pens and red cards. Both just wanted their team to win. Wasn't Andy Carroll's choice his team wasn't Liverpool remember

Alfie2510
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,572 posts | 351 
      Reply #5311: Apr 08, 2014 02:59:51 am
      This is my last contribution to this

Don't know if you have had a chance to look back at the Flanno pen incident? In my opinion it's a 50/50, can see why it's given, but if given against you you're mad.

The ref cannot see the incident as Diame is obstructing his view. He should not give a pen as hence he can only be guessing.

At the moment of contact, ref makes no movement to indicate pen award (perhaps he's waiting to see if Danny scores.) At this exact moment Suarez turns to the ref, and strongly gesticulates he thinks it's a pen. Did this convince the ref? Did Suarez 'buy' that pen? Is that cheating?

I don't know if it's cheating, I don't particularly mind it but it's unsportsmanlike and many will say cheating because it's an attempt to win an unfair advantage.
      That's what Carroll did, he won an unfair advantage, and to many people he cheated.
      Is there a great degree of difference between the 2?
      If not the mock outrage at Carroll and lack of any comment on the antics of Luis is hypocrisy...debate
      ayrton77
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,775 posts | 627 
      • © Established Quality Since 1977
      Reply #5312: Apr 08, 2014 04:44:16 am
      Could of picked a few, but being a member of the forums staff would expect better

I post my opinions, being a member of the staff on here doesn't change that.

And if you think I post something out of line, just report the post or PM one of the Admin (JD or Redkenny).

Quick Reply