Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

Andy Carroll (Liverpool > West Ham Utd)

Read 433186 times
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Re: Andy Carroll (Liverpool > West Ham Utd)
      Reply #5313: Apr 08, 2014 07:32:50 am
      I post my opinions, being a member of the staff on here doesn't change that.

And if you think I post something out of line, just report the post or PM one of the Admin (JD or Redkenny).

Amen to that. Even when I was a mod, it'd do my head in when people think as a mod you're meant to just be polite.

It's a footy forum after all, F**k anyone who disagrees with me! :f_tongueincheek:

Think he is a c**t at heart, Andy, but not bothered about him. He's off the rails and in a lifestyle/job that he doesn't deserve to be given his attitude.
      Paisleydalglish
      Reply #5314: Apr 08, 2014 07:50:57 am
      He did score the winner at Wembley against the Blues

:D

To be honest I didn't really get wound up by him the other day, he wasn't really good enough to stay here, he felt he had a point to prove and that's the type of player he is..
      We won the game.. Another 3 points for the champions elect
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 35,963 posts | 3944 
      Reply #5315: Apr 08, 2014 08:46:27 am
      This is my last contribution to this

Don't know if you have had a chance to look back at the Flanno pen incident? In my opinion it's a 50/50, can see why it's given, but if given against you you're mad.

The ref cannot see the incident as Diame is obstructing his view. He should not give a pen as hence he can only be guessing.

This season we've had some luck with official's decisions, in previous seasons we have been consistently mugged and lost games in the same situation. The incident you speak of was not a split decision as you imply, that may have been the case if discussing ball contact but the fact is the 'keeper actually had a full grip of Flanagan's ankle, preventing him from continuing play, the ball was still available and at his feet, that describes a penalty moreso in the penalty area.

At the moment of contact, ref makes no movement to indicate pen award (perhaps he's waiting to see if Danny scores.) At this exact moment Suarez turns to the ref, and strongly gesticulates he thinks it's a pen. Did this convince the ref? Did Suarez 'buy' that pen? Is that cheating?

Suarez was claiming only the result of what transpired ie the player was brought down unfairly. How is that cheating?

I don't know if it's cheating, I don't particularly mind it but it's unsportsmanlike and many will say cheating because it's an attempt to win an unfair advantage.
      That's what Carroll did, he won an unfair advantage, and to many people he cheated.
      Is there a great degree of difference between the 2?
      If not the mock outrage at Carroll and lack of any comment on the antics of Luis is hypocrisy...debate

Such contact with a goalkeeper is a penalty all day and if the ref had a clear view it would have been given, to make a comparison with Suarez claiming for a legitimate call is not acceptable, Luis has been demonised in the past for simply claiming legitimate fouls missed by the ref, as we know he is a target for the less skilled who have no answer to his brilliance; consequently their only answer is foul him.
      Manager's of the less skilled players try to gain an advantage by bad mouthing Luis; any which way to block competition.

ayrton77
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,775 posts | 627 
      • © Established Quality Since 1977
      Reply #5316: Apr 08, 2014 11:17:35 am
      He did score the winner at Wembley against the Blues

And that header for England!

;)

Amen to that. Even when I was a mod, it'd do my head in when people think as a mod you're meant to just be polite.

I would never have agreed to help out on the forum if it meant I had to only post in a certain manner.

In retrospect, I probably shouldn't have used the word "c**t", but didn't want to waste too much time posting on an ex-player I don't hold in high regard.

If it helps, "c**t" was meant in the unprofessional, match-selecting way. ;)
      ruthcity
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,867 posts | 1465 
      Reply #5317: Apr 08, 2014 11:35:31 am
      I don't know if it's cheating, I don't particularly mind it but it's unsportsmanlike and many will say cheating because it's an attempt to win an unfair advantage.
      That's what Carroll did, he won an unfair advantage, and to many people he cheated.
      Is there a great degree of difference between the 2?
      If not the mock outrage at Carroll and lack of any comment on the antics of Luis is hypocrisy...debate
      The last player I remembered asking a ref not to book the keeper for bringing him down was a Liverpool player. These are the values which we embrace and which the club is founded on. Win games fair and square. Carroll's act is what we condemn. Nowhere near the ball and resorts to using his hands. Glad we got rid of him.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 35,963 posts | 3944 
      Reply #5318: Apr 08, 2014 11:50:22 am

If it helps, "c**t" was meant in the unprofessional, match-selecting way. ;)

Quite understandable and a c**t is certainly on a sticky wicket with regard to selection. Some would say of course a sticky c**t is an entirely different proposition when one is presented with the option.   ;) ;D

heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #5319: Apr 08, 2014 12:29:00 pm
      Well I never liked Carroll when he was with us and I like him even less now, one of the worst strikers to ever pull on our jersey, lousy attitude and virtually zero skill as a footballer.
      Paisleydalglish
      Reply #5320: Apr 08, 2014 01:38:30 pm

England?

I genuinely have zero recollection if this

;D
      s@int
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,987 posts | 2282 
      Reply #5321: Apr 08, 2014 03:09:28 pm
      I always liked Andy when he was here. Admittedly he was never a £35million pound player, and wasn't a suitable partner for Suarez, but if he had partnered Sturridge instead I think it would have worked better.... obviously not in the same league as the SAS partnership.

I don't see what he has done that was so wrong? He fouled Mignolet... that's what forwards do. For me it is the ref that got it badly wrong not Andy. Skrtel grabs players in the box, throws people to the floor etc etc .... is he a c**t?

It is not Andy's fault we paid £35million for him, it is not Andy's fault that we only got £17million for him. He is doing the best he can for West Ham and has probably found his level there with Fat Sam.

c**t of a manager... but Andy is not a c**t of a player.... although if his header had gone in rather than hitting the bar, I may have changed my mind :)   

racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,581 posts | 3826 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #5322: Apr 08, 2014 03:27:22 pm
      Think some of the comments on here have been harsh. 

Have to agree with this.
      While stubborn, donkeys tend to be hard working.
      Son Of A Gun
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,187 posts | 1269 
      Reply #5323: Apr 08, 2014 05:30:32 pm
      I read Jamie Carragher's article on the Mail recently, he basically said Andy came to the club with the expectation that he could train, do the match and then have his lads night out on the Saturday.

Carragher said in his article that they didn't do that nights out at Liverpool, and a greater level of dedication was expected.
      LFCexiled
      Reply #5324: Apr 08, 2014 07:22:38 pm
      It really doesn't matter what he done whilst he was with us, he tried all the dirty tricks he could to put a dent in our title hopes, F**k the gypo c**t.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 35,963 posts | 3944 
      Reply #5325: Apr 08, 2014 07:31:07 pm
      It really doesn't matter what he done whilst he was with us, he tried all the dirty tricks he could to put a dent in our title hopes, F**k the gypo c**t.

Didn't know he was gypo Ian.
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #5326: Apr 09, 2014 03:55:37 pm
      It really doesn't matter what he done whilst he was with us, he tried all the dirty tricks he could to put a dent in our title hopes, f**k the gypo C**t.
      despite me hating the language. .. I agree. West Ham are already safe.  He is bitter.
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,326 posts | 2823 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #5327: Apr 09, 2014 04:16:28 pm
      I disliked him as a player and differently to some here, I don't think the work rate and effort was there for most of the time. Yes, near the end of his career with us he showed great desire but it was too little, too late. I hated his body language and still do. Cockiness with little talent only makes him look like a deluded tw*t that will only be a mid-table player for the rest of his career. I'm glad he's gone.
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,420 posts | 4581 
      Reply #5328: Apr 09, 2014 04:50:56 pm
      Only real winners out of all this were Newcastle.
      LFCexiled
      Reply #5329: Apr 09, 2014 07:14:50 pm

Just looks Stu, in the game of 'if he wasn't a footy player he'd be.......' knocking on your door asking if your bush needs trimming.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 35,963 posts | 3944 
      Reply #5330: Apr 09, 2014 07:35:53 pm
      Just looks Stu, in the game of 'if he wasn't a footy player he'd be.......' knocking on your door asking if your bush needs trimming.

All day mate an I'd buy F**k all off him, to be honest tho' we all know he's a c**t it was the gypo bit that I didn't know about.
      LFCexiled
      Reply #5331: Apr 09, 2014 07:39:28 pm
      All day mate an I'd buy F**k all off him, to be honest tho' we all know he's a c**t it was the gypo bit that I didn't know about.

F**k him, he's where he belongs.
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #5332: Apr 09, 2014 08:35:09 pm
      I disliked him as a player and differently to some here, I don't think the work rate and effort was there for most of the time. Yes, near the end of his career with us he showed great desire but it was too little, too late. I hated his body language and still do. Cockiness with little talent only makes him look like a deluded tw*t that will only be a mid-table player for the rest of his career. I'm glad he's gone.

Gave up on the guy after he left the field in a flurry of swear words directed at Kenny Dalglish while holding back the tears. Made a complete fool of himself and the whole team. Appalling attitude that went alongside, as you noted, his lack of effort. How many times was he f**king about in the centre circle while Liverpool tried attacking. It was desperate stuff and he summed up our season two years ago just perfectly. Lumbering fool.

« Last Edit: Apr 10, 2014 03:59:18 pm by Frankly, Mr Shankly »
      miguelred
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 604 posts |
      Reply #5333: Apr 14, 2014 01:16:10 am
      Here's Skrtel not respecting the spirit of the game: 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=47hsFzqBsOU

A very bad lad.
      Kubee
      • Forum Sami Hyypia

• 469 posts | 11 
      Reply #5334: Jul 24, 2014 08:08:58 pm
      Poor Andrew got injured again:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/28471772
      clint_call01
      • King Live Match Starter
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,659 posts | 3670 
      • Ynwa... lfc till I die !
      Reply #5335: Jul 24, 2014 08:11:46 pm
      I feel for him :(

Quick Reply