Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 27th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P29 W13 D5 L11

Andy Carroll (Liverpool > West Ham Utd)

Read 435343 times
      fowler2010
      • Forum Dean Saunders

• 72 posts |
      Re: Andy Carroll Player Thread
      Reply #207: Feb 01, 2011 11:59:47 am
      when is carroll fit?
      Dadorious
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,882 posts | 1545 
      Reply #208: Feb 01, 2011 12:01:29 pm
      Ive wished him all the best but I still "umm" and "arr" at the 35 million payed for a player with 11 PL goals to his name.
      TKIDLLTK

• 8,362 posts | 158 
      Reply #209: Feb 01, 2011 12:10:02 pm
      Torres is almost 27, so will cost them £50m over five years, £10m a year for a sulking player whose best years are behind him
      Carroll is just 22, so will cost us £35m over 10 years (assuming we don't sell) is £3.5m a year for a player who is getting better
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #210: Feb 01, 2011 12:18:19 pm
      Been thinking about this signing and the fact he's been given the no.9 shirt.

What a masterstroke by Kenny!

Not only has it wiped out the memory of Nando (Liverpools no.9) but he's made the statement to Andy that Kenny has confidence in him.
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,449 posts | 4584 
      Reply #211: Feb 01, 2011 12:20:55 pm
      Keegan,Mc dermot and beardo will have some great words for him im sure about that as will shearer who under this very manager won the PL.

Your in good hands kidda,now go get em.
      Jase
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,287 posts |
      Reply #212: Feb 01, 2011 12:26:00 pm
      Welcome!
      nnilswerdna
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,879 posts | 104 
      Reply #213: Feb 01, 2011 12:30:33 pm
      Been thinking about this signing and the fact he's been given the no.9 shirt.

What a masterstroke by Kenny!

Not only has it wiped out the memory of Nando (Liverpools no.9) but he's made the statement to Andy that Kenny has confidence in him.

Indeedy-doody.

Kenny = Genius
      crzy_jkr@u
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,774 posts | 29 
      • Rebuilding a legacy...Trust, Will, Pride, Respect.
      Reply #214: Feb 01, 2011 12:49:12 pm
      Andy Carroll Liverpool's Gabriel Batistuta!
      lefty1896
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,700 posts | 23 
      • He scores a goal and the kop goes wild...
      Reply #215: Feb 01, 2011 12:54:29 pm
      When is he fit again?
      IrishRed_IO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,483 posts | 343 
      • Formerly InertObject
      Reply #216: Feb 01, 2011 01:05:39 pm

Next 2 weeks I think.
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,332 posts | 2832 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #217: Feb 01, 2011 01:18:01 pm
      Andy Carroll Liverpool's Gabriel Batistuta!

If he becomes anywhere as good as Batistuta then he's gonna be a legend, cause Gabriel was a genius of a striker.
      LFC Viking
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,112 posts | 38 
      • LFC: Europe's finest 5 star establishment
      Carroll- I was pushed out
      Reply #218: Feb 01, 2011 01:37:50 pm
      Carroll- I was pushed out
      Andy Carroll is adamant he was not wanted by Newcastle United and that he was forced to hand in a transfer request before securing his move to Liverpool.

The England striker completed a blockbuster £35million transfer to Liverpool on deadline day with the fee establishing the 22-year-old as the most expensive British player in history.

However, the manner of the home-grown powerhouse's departure from St James' Park has prompted contrasting versions of events from the club and player.

Magpies boss Alan Pardew claimed that the club did not push Carroll towards the exit door and accepted Liverpool's second offer after the player asked for a new contract.

Carroll, though, disputes this version and insists that he never wanted to leave his boyhood club, accusing Newcastle of wanting the money offered by Liverpool.

Gutted

He told the Evening Chronicle: "...[Managing director] Derek [Llambias] asked me to hand in a transfer request, so I was pushed into a corner and had no choice.

"I wasn't wanted by them and they made it clear they wanted the money."

He continued: "Then I flew down in (owner Mike Ashley's) helicopter. I didn't want to leave.

"I'm gutted that I wasn't wanted at my home team after everything I have done and the progress I have made.

"I didn't want to leave at all. Make sure they know I didn't want to leave.

"The players, staff and fans were fantastic."

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11669_6716125,00.html

Sorry if this should have been in the player thread.
      « Last Edit: Feb 01, 2011 02:30:37 pm by LFC Viking »
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,500 posts | 4839 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Re: Carroll- I was pushed out
      Reply #219: Feb 01, 2011 01:40:32 pm
      This does worry me a little if he was forced out and came against his will.

Will soon be glad he did though.
      Del Boca Vista
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,006 posts | 208 
      • do do do
      Reply #220: Feb 01, 2011 01:42:07 pm
      really worrying..
      RedPuppy
      • Still European.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 19,253 posts | 2855 
      • Parum Rutilus Canis: Illegitimi non carborundum
      Reply #221: Feb 01, 2011 01:45:45 pm

Why?

He jumped at the chance to come to a little club like ours, he could have gone to that Mega Club Spurs.
      TonioLerouge
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,170 posts | 59 
      Reply #222: Feb 01, 2011 01:51:32 pm
      He seems to finally be an honest and loyal player with real respect for his fans, not a "my current club is the one I always dreamed to play for" Fernando mercenary type (like I was thinking he was when I discovered that he said : "Every time I pull on the black and white shirt (...) it means the world to me so to be able to do that for at least the next five years is brilliant" just 3 months before his transfer request).

I rather like it.
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,332 posts | 2832 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #223: Feb 01, 2011 01:54:17 pm
      I just think he wants to make sure Newcastle fans don't see him as a Judas, cause he actually wanted to stay. It doesn't mean he is unhappy to be at Liverpool, he certainly knows he has a much better chance of having a bigger career here than where he was, anyway.

But it shows he cares about his former club and what their fans think of him. I wish that blonde Chelsea striker did the same.
      JFT96_LFC
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 619 posts |
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #224: Feb 01, 2011 02:00:08 pm
      Welcome to the Greatest Club in the World with the best Fans in the World. Hopefully Carroll will have a good partnership up top with Luis.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,255 posts | 4932 
      Reply #225: Feb 01, 2011 02:00:12 pm
      Obviously wasn't to keen to leave Newcastle but once he had signed I'm sure he can't wait to get started with us.

He is young enough to play here for 6 or 7 years and still have time to go back to Newcastle if he wants but he will be relishing playing for us and I'm sure he is just making it clear to their fans that he didn't press for this move but it was something he couldn't turn down.
      Adryan
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,704 posts | 378 
      • Cut my veins open and I bleed Liverpool Red.
      Reply #226: Feb 01, 2011 02:11:05 pm
      Kenny: Carroll is a fantastic talent

We caught up with Kenny Dalglish to get his reaction to our record-breaking transfer deadline day dealings.

It's been a busy 24 hours - how do you reflect now that the transfer window has closed?

It has been very busy. For the life of me I can't understand why everything is left to the last minute but that's normally what happens.

Just over 48 hours ago we had Luis Suarez coming to the club, who is a fantastic signing. He's someone who has been on the radar here for a long time and someone who was brought in to really enhance the squad. He's got a fantastic goalscoring record. For a Uruguayan to go to Ajax and become club captain speaks volumes for him as a person. He's been around the place over the last couple of days and although he hasn't been able to train while we were waiting for paperwork and his work permit to be completed, he's a smiley type of guy and looks a good character. Obviously the language might be a slight barrier but once he gets over that I'm sure he'll be bubbly and effervescent. Every football club needs a good dressing room and I'm sure he'll add to that.

The other one we have brought in is Andy Carroll. As everyone knows, he is a young boy with a fantastic talent and this is a great opportunity for him. He was in the England squad last year and did very well. I know Newcastle will be deeply hurt to lose him but it's a great signing for us.

A very important factor for us is that both players wanted to come here. Liverpool was their first choice. Certainly in Luis' case he had other options but he chose here for the right reasons. He loves the club and has a little bit of history of watching the club on television when he was younger. Andy Carroll is exactly the same. He was leaving Newcastle which was a wrench for him as a local boy, but if he was going to go anywhere there was only one club he'd want to come to.

That's a fantastic accolade to the football club, to the supporters, the owners and everyone connected with it. The owners have been fantastically supportive during this window. In fact they may be slightly disappointed they didn't get someone else.

Anyone who had any doubts about hunger or anybody taking this club forward, they're gone now. In the summer we'll be looking forward to trying to enhance what we've got.

It was busy but I think very beneficial to the football club.

What are the qualities which you believe Andy Carroll will bring to the club?

If you look at the game against us he scored one and was involved in the other two. If we can get the same return off him in every game as he did against us then we'll be delighted.

He's just a young boy with a great talent. He's a big lad but is very good on the deck as well, he has good feet, he's very strong in the air and he'll give us a bit of presence up front. He's a little bit different to what we've been used to but it won't change our principles and philosophies of how we want to play.

At the moment he's got a bit of a knock and is probably a few weeks away from playing, but the signing wasn't made to cover a few weeks. He signed for five and a half years and there's a lot of weeks in that time when he'll be fit and playing for us.

You know all about striking partnerships at Liverpool over the years - how does Carroll and Suarez sound to you?

It sounds pretty good to me! I'm sure people are going to enjoy watching them play in the same team.

You mentioned the owners earlier - they couldn't have done much more for you in this transfer window, could they?

They're as ambitious as anybody else and they understand we have to move forward for everyone's sake. They are prepared to support us and will do the best they can possibly do.

It was an old adage that was here before, and without wanting to sound pre-historic, the old formula of the Liverpool way from years gone by wasn't a bad formula to follow and they are certainly following that. They want the greatest assets for Liverpool Football Club on that pitch.

Finally, Fernando Torres also left the club on deadline day. What is your reaction to that?

We're disappointed that he's gone but the football club will continue and the football club will try its best to move on and go from strength to strength. The football club will appreciate people that have been here and had a go for the club, but it won't dwell on the past. We'll look forward and look upwards hopefully.

I think I have said it before, but there is no one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

http://www.liverpoolfc.tv/news/latest-news/kenny-carroll-is-a-fantastic-talent
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,332 posts | 2832 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #227: Feb 01, 2011 02:17:53 pm
      Gotta love Kenny. Top interview once again.
      corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #228: Feb 01, 2011 02:24:44 pm
      I'm looking forward to seeing Carroll and Suarez in tandem will make a welcome change from watching a F***ing ape of a striker moping around the pitch
      StevieG123

• 9,716 posts | 65 
      Reply #229: Feb 01, 2011 02:53:24 pm
      Nice one Andy, have an interview and don't say anything about the huge club you've come to, don't say you're happy to be here, just talk about being pushed out from your old one, good start.

Quick Reply