Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

Fernando Torres (The Post Liverpool years)

Read 459314 times
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Re: Fernando Torres (The Post Liverpool years)
      Reply #5175: Aug 18, 2016 09:08:08 pm
      Like I said, you just won't address the issue, and all the obfuscation in the world won't change that.

I'll ask once more directly, call it "humouring me" again if it makes you feel better; why is it OK for you to call other people's opinion "pathetic", when if the same was said to you, you'd no doubt have an issue with it?

It's not a difficult question, and if you feel that others are "pathetic" for having a different opinion, it should be easy for you to defend.

Still going on... There is nothing for me to defend and I'm not sure why you think there is, I said that view is pathetic which IMO it is and stated my reasons as to why I think that so therefore nothing to defend, it's called an opinion now go calm down lad or take your issue with it elsewhere because I very much doubt FL will get this worked up over it.
      Tayls
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,378 posts | 510 
      Reply #5176: Aug 18, 2016 09:12:06 pm
      I think anyone who believes Suarez has the self control to plan a biting incident so as to force a move might be overestimating his ability to foresee repercussions for his actions on a football pitch. ;D
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #5177: Aug 18, 2016 09:15:20 pm
      Still going on... There is nothing for me to defend, I said that view is pathetic which IMO it is, nothing to defend, it's called an opinion now go calm down lad.

OK, first off, just because you keep repeating something, doesn't make it true, and frankly, that's a WUM tactic right there.

You think it's OK to label other people's opinion "pathetic", but then go on to more or less say that your own opinion is sacrosanct.
      Sorry, but it works both ways; if you want people to respect your opinion, you need to respect theirs.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      Reply #5178: Aug 18, 2016 09:16:57 pm
      OK, first off, just because you keep repeating something, doesn't make it true, and frankly, that's a WUM tactic right there.

You think it's OK to label other people's opinion "pathetic", but then go on to more or less say that your own opinion is sacrosanct.
      Sorry, but it works both ways; if you want people to respect your opinion, you need to respect theirs.

Like I said, it was my IMO and stated my reasons why. I respect his opinions, doesn't mean I have to agree with them all and beat around the bush though. But okay lad, you can keep going if you want, enjoy and fill your boots. :gt-happyup:
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #5179: Aug 18, 2016 09:21:25 pm
      I think anyone who believes Suarez has the self control to plan a biting incident so as to force a move might be overestimating his ability to foresee repercussions for his actions on a football pitch. ;D

I don't think he planned it.
      In fact I'm pretty sure that if anything, it was a subconscious thing, because he knew it had worked before, albeit in the back of his mind.
      So no, I don't think he had a plan all worked out; he wanted a move, and his subconscious did the rest.
      We know he's a bit of a mad, impulsive bugger, but biting that many times doesn't just come out of nowhere.

Of course the excuse will be that Barca have miraculously cured him, when the truth is that he's got what he wanted, and when people are as driven as Suarez, the end justifies the means in their minds.
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #5180: Aug 18, 2016 09:23:27 pm
      Like I said, it was my IMO and stated my reasons why. I respect his opinions, doesn't mean I have to agree with them all and beat around the bush though. But okay lad, you can keep going if you want, enjoy and fill your boots. :gt-happyup:

:laugh:
      OK, but in my mind, "respect" isn't calling other peoples opinion "pathetic", whilst insisting your own is to be respected.
      It strikes me as more than a little hypocritical, but OK, leave it there.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      Reply #5181: Aug 18, 2016 09:25:14 pm
      :laugh:
      OK, but in my mind, "respect" isn't calling other peoples opinion "pathetic", whilst insisting your own is to be respected.
      It strikes me as more than a little hypocritical, but OK, leave it there.

I don't remember insisting anything as it goes like.

:gt-happyup:
      s@int
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,987 posts | 2282 
      Reply #5182: Aug 18, 2016 09:27:33 pm
      I won't warn you two again about off topic posting. This is the Torres thread!

:D
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      Reply #5183: Aug 18, 2016 09:29:45 pm
      I won't warn you two again about off topic posting. This is the Torres thread!

:D

You're right...Torres, what a Chav traitor.

Better? ;)
      The Kopite91
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,654 posts | 246 
      Reply #5184: Sep 18, 2016 11:07:13 am
      That Torres chapter in Ring Of Fire... Dammit Fernando, don't do it to me!

:couch:
      weshall_kop
      • Forum Didi Hamann

• 300 posts | 13 
      Reply #5185: Feb 02, 2017 11:17:01 am
      Torres was loved to bits. We had the "Torres bounce" a song which even now you gives you the chill just to listen to (try youtubing it). I have not loved a player in our team like I did as with Torres and when he left I was devastated, felt wronged, like a boy who was just dumped out a 5 year healthy relationship because one fine morning she found a new guy who was much ugly, pathetic, and rude and ugly but had lots and lots of greens to spend so she decided to go to him to make a better future.

Ask any man who has ever been burned once, they will always have their subconscious preparing them for the worst. Even when he is with the absolute gem of player like Suarez he unknowingly knows it's just matter of time before the big money teams will come calling.

Even though the second one just used you as a stepping stone to reach its dreams you seems to understand it, while you will always hate your one true love who kind of did the same but left you devastated in doing so.

This is not an argument or debate just wanted to express my views here and see if anyone see it as same a me or are we all different in thoughts.         
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,111 posts | 4876 
      Reply #5186: Feb 02, 2017 11:40:58 am
      Torres was loved to bits. We had the "Torres bounce" a song which even now you gives you the chill just to listen to (try youtubing it). I have not loved a player in our team like I did as with Torres and when he left I was devastated, felt wronged, like a boy who was just dumped out a 5 year healthy relationship because one fine morning she found a new guy who was much ugly, pathetic, and rude and ugly but had lots and lots of greens to spend so she decided to go to him to make a better future.

Ask any man who has ever been burned once, they will always have their subconscious preparing them for the worst. Even when he is with the absolute gem of player like Suarez he unknowingly knows it's just matter of time before the big money teams will come calling.

Even though the second one just used you as a stepping stone to reach its dreams you seems to understand it, while you will always hate your one true love who kind of did the same but left you devastated in doing so.

This is not an argument or debate just wanted to express my views here and see if anyone see it as same a me or are we all different in thoughts.         

For me Torres was the one that got me the most as well.

Was devastated when he left us.

Luis I was ready for.
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,326 posts | 2823 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #5187: Feb 02, 2017 12:41:39 pm

I share those sentiments entirely. It was sad seeing Suarez go, but Torres was so much worse. It felt personal, and it really hurt. It took me a long time to get over this feeling. I now see him playing for Atletico and wish him well, but for a long time I couldn't be anything but angry at him.
      Scottbot

• 9,542 posts | 2135 
      Reply #5188: Feb 02, 2017 02:02:06 pm
      I share those sentiments entirely. It was sad seeing Suarez go, but Torres was so much worse. It felt personal, and it really hurt. It took me a long time to get over this feeling. I now see him playing for Atletico and wish him well, but for a long time I couldn't be anything but angry at him.

Same for me. I felt he was the most loved non-brit every to play for the club. I went to the Chelsea game the following week for his debut. I said to myself I would not boo him, or vilify him or indulge in any of the hateful stuff. It's not really in my nature tbh BUT when he walked out in that blue Chelsea shirt I simply could not help myself, I booed, hissed, shouted and swore along with everyone else in the LFC end every time he got near the ball and was utterly desperate to see him lose that day. He was visibly affected by it as well, I don't think he realised just how strong the feelings would be amongst LFC fans. It's the most raucous and passionate away end i've sat in as an LFC fan, everyone felt the betrayal. Was frickin relieved as anything when he got subbed off nd of course we came away with a win, Mereiles with the goal if I remember rightly.

I'm glad that I have actually been able to wish him well once he returned to Atletico and it was nice to see the Kop give him some warmth and sing the Torres song when he played in one of the charity games a year or so ago. That give it a bit of closure I thought.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,048 posts | 6294 
      Reply #5189: Feb 02, 2017 02:21:38 pm
      Oh what might have been Nando  :f_wah:

I'd take these two back right now and insert them right into the starting lineup. Don't even care if Nando's lost a bit of a step.
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,420 posts | 4581 
      Reply #5190: Feb 02, 2017 02:29:32 pm
      Oh what might have been Nando  :f_wah:

I'd take these two back right now and insert them right into the starting lineup. Don't even care if Nando's lost a bit of a step.

Damn right...put a bit of bite back into us ;D
      RC9
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,874 posts | 805 
      • Formerly known as Vtorres, Vsuarez, and Vsterling.
      Reply #5191: Feb 02, 2017 04:28:10 pm
      Torres to this day is my favorite player to have played for Liverpool. Obviously, Stevie G is a legend but I always looked forward to watching us, knowing Torres would do something special.

He was my favorite footballer in the world and to have him at Liverpool made it 10x better, over time I've forgiven him. I think his choice of words at his new club didn't help him, but in-advertedly he was pushed out, we weren't signing players we should have and didn't have enough to push for league titles which he like Suarez deserved.

Miss ya El Nino.
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,583 posts | 6643 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #5192: Feb 03, 2017 11:38:57 pm
      They keep showing ALL THE GOALS on the LFCTV Channel featuring him in one episode and Luis on another episode.

:f_wah: :f_wah: :f_wah: :f_wah: :f_wah: :f_wah: :f_wah: :f_wah: :f_wah: :f_wah: :f_wah: :f_wah: :f_wah: :f_wah:

F**k, they were both brilliant for us.  :f_wah: :f_wah: :f_wah: :f_wah: :f_wah: :f_wah:
      Beth♥TrueRed
      • Forum Peter Beardsley

• 179 posts |
      • Walk on, with hope in your heart ♥ And YNWA ♥
      Reply #5193: Feb 05, 2017 01:44:56 pm
      Reading this thread is making me feel a deep nostalgia  :'(
      When Torres went away it felt like being cheated on, especially since he went to Chelsea. But it's not just that... He was a brilliant player for us, not just for his skills but because he gave his heart and soul on the field. I haven't seen that spark in him after he went away, so I like to believe he belongs to Liverpool.
      Torres you will be forever missed  :f_wah:
      I'm waiting for a player like him to come by, we'd really need that  :f_wah:
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,111 posts | 4876 
      Reply #5194: Feb 05, 2017 09:41:09 pm
      For a period of about 18 months or so he was simply unstoppable.

A sight to behold in full flow.
      « Last Edit: Feb 05, 2017 09:52:21 pm by srslfc »
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #5195: Feb 05, 2017 09:46:26 pm
      For a period of about 18 months or sober was simply unstoppable.

A sight to behold in full flow.

Didn't realise he was pissed for the rest of the time, explains a lot looking back though  :f_tongueincheek:

Agree though mate, him and Gerrard were a match made in heaven for Rafa's side.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,111 posts | 4876 
      Reply #5196: Feb 05, 2017 09:52:56 pm
      Didn't realise he was pissed for the rest of the time, explains a lot looking back though  :f_tongueincheek:

Agree though mate, him and Gerrard were a match made in heaven for Rafa's side.

;D

The auto correct on my phone is F***ing ridiculous.
      ORCHARD RED

• 8,526 posts | 1457 
      • 6 Times!
      Reply #5197: Feb 05, 2017 10:08:11 pm
      Left us for our rivals and insulted our club after he left! F**k him!

Quick Reply