Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 30th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W15 D5 L6

Fernando Torres (The Post Liverpool years)

Read 462640 times
      brilad
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,967 posts | 99 
      Re: Fernando Torres (The Chelsea years)
      Reply #4899: Nov 25, 2013 08:09:48 pm
      Tenth richest player in the world and he was finished the moment he packed his sh*t and walked out of Melwood.
      And it still gnaws that he fu**ed off the way he did ,god he was lethal.
      David Wright
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,298 posts | 765 
      Reply #4900: Nov 25, 2013 08:24:16 pm
      He would have been a great pairing with Suarez, and possibly Coutchino playing as well, still we will never know for sure.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #4901: Nov 25, 2013 09:31:52 pm
      He would have been a great pairing with Suarez, and possibly Coutchino playing as well, still we will never know for sure.

Would he though? He is a very selfish striker in terms that he wants to be the main man and playing up top on his own. Suarez would have been playing better than him even if he had stayed with us and taken the limelight away from him. One of the reasons he hasn't scored as many goals as he should have for Spain is because he was playing alongside David Villa who would always be in the better position to get the goals.

I used to think to myself that Torres and Suarez would have been phenomenal and on paper it would have been but in reality I don't think it would have even come close to the Suarez and Sturridge partnership. Torres had already started his fall from grace in the season he left us, he suddenly developed an ego and got in the mindset that he doesn't have to try anymore but will still play well, he was turning into a player that thought he was undroppable and bigger than the club. That's why he jumped ship to Chelsea, thinking he was too good for us, reality is though he probably knew that with Suarez there he wasn't going to be undroppable anymore.

Given the choice out of Torres and Suarez, Suarez wins hands down without a doubt IMO. If Torres was having a bad game, even in his best days with us he could pop up with a goal but he'd be sulking around the pitch and being more of a hindrance. Suarez is giving 110% even when he isn't having a great game, he will be battling tooth and nail giving it all to get the ball and create something, he not only has a fantastic eye for goal but he is also a fantastic passer and some of the passes he plays are unreal. He may have a discipline issue but at least you know that when he is on that pitch he is giving his all for the club. Not to mention he has the best ever Premier League hat trick ratio.
      David Wright
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,298 posts | 765 
      Reply #4902: Nov 26, 2013 08:33:02 pm
      I must admit what you say is very true, Torres never supported the team like Suarez, in any way or form. Suarez will even run back helping out in defence, which is something Torres would not Suarez always gives his best to the side, whatever his problems in the past. So all in all good riddance Torres and ego an all.
      TheRedPanda
      • Forum Graeme Souness

• 362 posts | 82 
      Reply #4903: Dec 16, 2013 07:32:06 pm
      Here's a fun stat for you Fernando - Suarez has scored same no of PL goals for Liverpool this season than what you have your entire career with Chelsea.  xxxxx:action-smiley-065:
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      Reply #4904: Dec 16, 2013 09:18:56 pm
      Guess he is back to his best because he scored his 2nd league goal of the season :o

He must be getting more and more bitter on the inside when he looks at us and sees Suarez banging in so many goals and being more loved that he ever was.
      little-Luis:)
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 7,844 posts | 179 
      Reply #4905: Dec 17, 2013 03:43:01 pm
      He must be getting more and more bitter on the inside

I wouldn't say but I would certainly say envious, after all he did win trophies at Chelsea no matter what way you look at it.

Wonder if he'll ever reveal all?
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      Reply #4906: Dec 17, 2013 03:47:57 pm
      I wouldn't say but I would certainly say envious, after all he did win trophies at Chelsea no matter what way you look at it.

Wonder if he'll ever reveal all?

Though he has himself said that he didn't feel part of the Champions League or FA Cup win
      RedPuppy
      • Still European.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 19,253 posts | 2855 
      • Parum Rutilus Canis: Illegitimi non carborundum
      Reply #4907: Feb 25, 2014 06:27:43 pm
      Fernando Torres is on course to match his Liverpool goalscoring record with Chelsea..

All he has to do is score 46 goals in his next game.

From Twitter
      redkop63

• 6,890 posts | 455 
      Reply #4908: Feb 26, 2014 01:13:02 pm
      I'm not bitter at all the way he left us, the wound has healed long time ago. But one thing  for sure he may not have realised that he could have ended up at the Hall Of Fame of Liverpool greats among the King, Rush, Fowler, Barnes etc.  At Chelsea he is and was one of the players.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,586 posts | 7140 
      Reply #4909: Feb 26, 2014 06:05:23 pm
      Guess he is back to his best because he scored his 2nd league goal of the season :o

He must be getting more and more bitter on the inside when he looks at us and sees Suarez banging in so many goals and being more loved that he ever was.

by his new standards isn't that classed as "prolific".
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,338 posts | 6389 
      Reply #4910: Feb 26, 2014 07:55:11 pm
      Just scored in Champion's League.
      RedPuppy
      • Still European.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 19,253 posts | 2855 
      • Parum Rutilus Canis: Illegitimi non carborundum
      Reply #4911: Feb 26, 2014 07:58:58 pm
      Fernando Torres is on course to match his Liverpool goalscoring record with Chelsea..

From Twitter

45 to go then.

7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      Reply #4912: Feb 26, 2014 10:42:35 pm

Skrtel will probably score 45 own goals before Torres scores 45 goals.
      andylfcynwa
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,353 posts | 1634 
      Reply #4913: Feb 26, 2014 10:44:37 pm
      Dont do it often but i watched them tonight ,apart from scoring a tap in he was fcking useless ,its more than just a slump in form for him , he is unrecognisable from the player we once had ,he must wake up in a cold sweat and wonder what could have been , gone from having his name sung with gusto to a bit part no mark , he is like a firework on a damp november night the fuse is still there but you cant light the c**t.
      BKLFC
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 822 posts |
      Reply #4914: Feb 26, 2014 10:57:48 pm
      I only noticed him once in the 2nd half when he was fed a thru ball and a fine save by the Gala keeper  ;D
      Other than that didn't notice him, missed the 1st half and as the above post suggests, apart from tap in he was sh*t.
      vulcan_red
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,580 posts | 212 
      Reply #4915: Feb 26, 2014 10:59:41 pm
      He just looks immobile.
      Son Of A Gun

• 5,199 posts | 1275 
      Reply #4916: Feb 26, 2014 10:59:54 pm
      Dont do it often but i watched them tonight ,apart from scoring a tap in he was fcking useless ,its more than just a slump in form for him , he is unrecognisable from the player we once had ,he must wake up in a cold sweat and wonder what could have been , gone from having his name sung with gusto to a bit part no mark , he is like a firework on a damp november night the fuse is still there but you cant light the c**t.

A bit harsh on the firework there, I would never call it a c**t.
      Tadders

• 6,788 posts | 574 
      Reply #4917: Feb 27, 2014 03:43:11 pm

From Twitter

Brilliant!!
      Salavaria
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 381 posts | 41 
      Reply #4918: Mar 09, 2014 10:37:23 am
      I loved Torres and was devastated when he left us. At least we had him when he was at his absolute best.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #4919: Mar 10, 2014 04:21:12 am
      Imagine him at his peak with Luis up front.

But luckily for us he jumped ship at the perfect time. Got ÂŁ50m for a sulky c**t, not even 1/10th the player he was.
      Alfie2510
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,572 posts | 351 
      Reply #4920: Mar 20, 2014 02:39:34 pm
      Liga - Torres: I felt at home at Liverpool, fans don't know full story of departure

Fernando Torres has said he felt as comfortable at Liverpool as he did at Atletico Madrid and praised the fans for their support.

The Chelsea striker spoke to AS on his 30th birthday and in a wide-ranging interview, the subject of his time at Anfield was raised.
      “I played three-and-a-half years there and they made me feel at home, as in the Calderon,” Torres said of the Reds supporters.
      “The affection of the fans was tremendous and made me feel a quiet confidence.”
      Torres left Liverpool in January 2011 in a transfer that led to a complete reversal in his popularity with the red half of Merseyside.
      Since signing for Chelsea, Torres has been greeted with jeers whenever he plays against his former club.
      Torres insists that if the Liverpool supporters knew the full details behind his departure, they wouldn’t be so negative towards him.
      “They haven’t understood because all they’ve been told is the version that some people have given the club and the media,” Torres added.
      “They have been sold something which isn’t reality. I’m sure it’s not easy to understand when a player leaves, but I have the thousands of letters I’ve received in London from Liverpool fans thanking me and now following me in another team.
      “Last year we went to play at Anfield and a man over 70, almost in tears, thanked me and wished me the best.
      “There will be every kind of reaction but the Liverpool fans I have come across have had loving words for me.”
      Read the original article on EspanaFootball - The ultimate website for English-speaking fans of Spanish football

http://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/news/liga-torres-felt-home-liverpool-fans-dont-know-102427551--sow.html

Spit it out Fernando ffs what you not telling us?
      nnilswerdna
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,879 posts | 104 
      Reply #4921: Mar 20, 2014 02:45:20 pm
      Yawn.

We've moved on, he hasn't.

Pity

Quick Reply