Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

Fernando Torres (The Post Liverpool years)

Read 459311 times
      ORCHARD RED
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,526 posts | 1457 
      • 6 Times!
      Re: Fernando Torres (The Post Liverpool years)
      Reply #5290: Apr 22, 2017 12:06:55 pm
      The season Torres left he was basically a lone striker with long balls being played up to him, it was awful to watch. I think that contributed to his poor form.
      He should never joined our rivals though that's the line he crossed for me, It's unacceptable!
      littleface
      • Needs a Klopp hug or slap or both
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,283 posts | 253 
      Reply #5291: Apr 22, 2017 01:08:53 pm
      So because somebody moves on for a better offer it doesn't mean they can't feel some kind of nostalgia or emotion for their last place of work?

Bitter c**t? Hope I don't drain that pit of sh*te you are wallowing in!
      Now calm down , i'm sure you'll get those + s you're clearly aching for. Where did i say anybody cannot feel some kind of emotion or nostalgia for a previous place of employment ?  Sounds to me like you're feeling bitter at being let go from somewhere.

Anyway , what i'm talking about is players lying and using stage managed soundbites to justify wanting to go somewhere else to earn more money and win something .

Why is Torres saying he loves the fans and loves the club? Do you believe him ? Really ? He was lied to ? Oh yeh ? Like he's lying to gullible fans now .

He went to Chelsea !! I don't mind them leaving as long as they were just honest about the reasons for doing so. Maybe he had to lie just to stop your lickle , achy , breaky heart from cwying .
      JedtheRed
      • Forum Neil Ruddock

• 154 posts | 58 
      Reply #5292: Apr 22, 2017 03:59:43 pm
      Now calm down , i'm sure you'll get those + s you're clearly aching for. Where did i say anybody cannot feel some kind of emotion or nostalgia for a previous place of employment ?  Sounds to me like you're feeling bitter at being let go from somewhere.

Anyway , what i'm talking about is players lying and using stage managed soundbites to justify wanting to go somewhere else to earn more money and win something .

Why is Torres saying he loves the fans and loves the club? Do you believe him ? Really ? He was lied to ? Oh yeh ? Like he's lying to gullible fans now .

He went to Chelsea !! I don't mind them leaving as long as they were just honest about the reasons for doing so. Maybe he had to lie just to stop your lickle , achy , breaky heart from cwying .

Oh dear shut up you bellend, I've never been let go from  anywhere and you also hate Suarez and he said he wanted to go to another club and was honest so which one is it? Or is the real truth they broke your ickle,achy,breaky heart and made you cwy? You certainly bear a grudge like a lot of scorned women I have met!
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,048 posts | 6293 
      Reply #5293: Apr 22, 2017 06:11:30 pm

Stop telling people to calm down, you are purposefully winding people up now. Suarez and Torres were club legends and beloved by many (me included) for what they did while they were here. If you can't find yourself getting attached to club legends why are you even watching? You make it sound supporters are supposed to be emotionless robots who only watch for pure analysis, not caring whether or not any of the players are actually likeable or passionate. 
      littleface
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,283 posts | 253 
      Reply #5294: Apr 22, 2017 06:24:20 pm
      Oh dear shut up you bellend, I've never been let go from  anywhere and you also hate Suarez and he said he wanted to go to another club and was honest so which one is it? Or is the real truth they broke your ickle,achy,breaky heart and made you cwy? You certainly bear a grudge like a lot of scorned women I have met!
      Suarez was honest ? Jesus you're more gullible than i first thought . That's what Suarez just said was it " I want to go to another club " ? You need to read up on that whole affair.

Listen , if you want to get angry at me for pointing out the bullshit footballers use to explain why they wanted more money , better climate , win trophies or to simply get the F**k away from you , then so be it .

Met a lot of scorned women have you ? That's nice , not at all really f***in creepy !
      MsGerrard
      Reply #5295: Apr 22, 2017 08:04:13 pm
      Littleface....what an appropriate name, probably goes with that little mind of yours too.
      I'm not going to argue with you, because you mean absolutely nothing to me and I can't be bothered with people who just argue for the sake of it, get a life will ya !!
      IrishRed_IO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,479 posts | 342 
      • Formerly InertObject
      Reply #5296: Apr 22, 2017 10:03:45 pm
      Have to admit, I loved reading that TAW article.

Brought back some good memories. I like others reveled in the poor performances with Chelsea he had, but I do not forget how prolific he was when he was here, shame about the injuries which really set him back something shocking. Imagine him and Suarez banging them in together if he was at his best.
      littleface
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,283 posts | 253 
      Reply #5297: Apr 22, 2017 11:49:47 pm
      Stop telling people to calm down, you are purposefully winding people up now. Suarez and Torres were club legends and beloved by many (me included) for what they did while they were here. If you can't find yourself getting attached to club legends why are you even watching? You make it sound supporters are supposed to be emotionless robots who only watch for pure analysis, not caring whether or not any of the players are actually likeable or passionate.
      No i'm not purposefully winding people up. I just don't swallow guff played out to gullible fans. I havn't said any of the above but you're not the first to put words into my mouth.
      Try reading what i'm actually saying instead of just putting a pre-conceived post out that has no relevance to what i'm saying.
      You love the players but don't tell me i have to. Are you on the rag ?
      « Last Edit: Apr 23, 2017 12:13:54 am by littleface »
      littleface
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,283 posts | 253 
      Reply #5298: Apr 23, 2017 12:01:58 am
      Littleface....what an appropriate name, probably goes with that little mind of yours too.
      I'm not going to argue with you, because you mean absolutely nothing to me and I can't be bothered with people who just argue for the sake of it, get a life will ya !!
      Oh thanks. Except you didn't come on and do anything other than just blindly insult me without offering any reason for doing so. Now you're telling me to get a life ?

Jesus love , do me a favour and at least make a point.
      Kharhaz
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 685 posts | 200 
      Reply #5299: Apr 23, 2017 01:26:47 am

“Comolli told me Liverpool were going to buy Luis Suárez but because Suárez was not a goalscorer I needed to stay until they found one. ‘Suárez is the player to play behind; he is not going to score too many goals,’ was the message. You can see they signed Suárez thinking he could not score goals…”

“Comolli told me that the new owners [FSG], they had an idea of how to spend their investment. They wanted to bring in young players, to build something new. I was thinking to myself, This takes time to work. It takes two, three, four, maybe even 10 years. I didn’t have that time. I was 27 years old. I did not have the time to wait. I wanted to win. Here we are five years later and they are still trying to build — around the same position in the league as when I left.”

I cant help but feel nothing but forgiveness for Torres. And sympathy for us fans!

If we didn't have sh*t luck, we wouldn't have any at all. One thing that bothers me though, we loved Torres, and lost him because of the behind the scenes owners BS, how long will we have Klopp for? How long before Klopp takes the same attitude and say "nope, sorry, nothing here".
      littleface
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,283 posts | 253 
      Reply #5300: Apr 23, 2017 01:50:42 am
      I cant help but feel nothing but forgiveness for Torres. And sympathy for us fans!

If we didn't have sh*t luck, we wouldn't have any at all. One thing that bothers me though, we loved Torres, and lost him because of the behind the scenes owners BS, how long will we have Klopp for? How long before Klopp takes the same attitude and say "nope, sorry, nothing here".
      You are a sucker . One of the greats. You just accept  that statement as the God given truth . Try thinking for yourself just for a few minutes and ask yourself a few questions about Torres claims.

He was performing sh*te and looked  a shadow of the player before his injury yet it all boiled down to Commoli telling him how the team was going to play ?

Why didn't he ask the f***in manager of the club what he thought ?  Are you really telling me no bells are ringing in your head when you read this utter bollocks ?
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,466 posts | 4816 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Reply #5301: Apr 23, 2017 07:55:56 am
      Why didn't he ask the f***in manager of the club what he thought ?

He did.
      littleface
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,283 posts | 253 
      Reply #5302: Apr 23, 2017 04:41:33 pm
      Don't you think it's a bit suspect that both Torres and Suarez explain their departure as if it has nothimg to do with them ?

Torres makes out as though he had no choice but to leave and Suarez was making out as though he'd been promised he could leave , even though he had a contract that he had signed .

I just can't understand why i'm gettimg lazy insulting posts from our " True Supporters " and being watched for no other reason than pointing out bullshit statements from former players.

At no point have i questioned the players ability , just their character and blatant scapegoating to curry favour with gullible fans. 

what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,466 posts | 4816 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Reply #5303: Apr 23, 2017 04:51:10 pm
      Don't you think it's a bit suspect that both Torres and Suarez explain their departure as if it has nothimg to do with them ?

Torres makes out as though he had no choice but to leave and Suarez was making out as though he'd been promised he could leave , even though he had a contract that he had signed .

I just can't understand why i'm gettimg lazy insulting posts from our " True Supporters " and being watched for no other reason than pointing out bullshit statements from former players.

At no point have i questioned the players ability , just their character and blatant scapegoating to curry favour with gullible fans. 

I didn't even read all that. I thought Torres was a c**t for leaving. Luis didn't bother me as Torres going taught me a lesson. Numbed me if you likem

I'm mature enough to be able to look on both player's time here fondly, though.
      littleface
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,283 posts | 253 
      Reply #5304: Apr 23, 2017 05:08:17 pm
      I didn't even read all that. I thought Torres was a c**t for leaving. Luis didn't bother me as Torres going taught me a lesson. Numbed me if you likem

I'm mature enough to be able to look on both player's time here fondly, though.
      Thats it. I watched those players scoring fantastic goals but at no point did i revere them as some kind of heroes of mine. When i was a kid i looked at players as heroes. Now , i just see them for what they are , employees of the club , nothing more.

People respect honesty above all else ( IMO ) that's why Shankly , Paisley, Fagan and Kenny are so well thought of by fans.
      I despise footballers talking sh*t to play up to fans. It's insulting on an incredible level.
      Yet the usual bores attack me for calling out bullshit. 
      Alfie2510
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,572 posts | 351 
      Reply #5305: Apr 15, 2018 09:47:24 pm
      Fernando still doing his thing got a goal today for Atletico. He’s leaving them end of season would love to see him go on a high and win the Europa, loved Torres when he was here what a player
      DanMann

• 5,635 posts | 866 
      Reply #5306: May 20, 2018 07:01:32 pm
      Playing his last game for Atletico Madrid.. and he has 2 goals... go on... grab the hattrick.
      Kopite78
      Reply #5307: May 20, 2018 07:26:47 pm
      Playing his last game for Atletico Madrid.. and he has 2 goals... go on... grab the hattrick.

🤷‍♂️
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,965 posts | 3047 
      Reply #5308: May 20, 2018 07:34:00 pm
      Let me translate.....

Torres wasn’t here when Studge has been.

Torres is no threat to Studge.

Torres is good.

Be like Torres........

🙄
      RedWilly

• 9,146 posts | 1619 
      Reply #5309: May 20, 2018 07:55:40 pm

Or for extra points, be like Victor Moses! ( why you would want to, I’ve no idea, but hey - it’s not my fantasy)
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #5310: May 20, 2018 09:11:14 pm
      Let me translate.....

Torres wasn’t here when Studge has been.

Torres is no threat to Studge.

Torres is good.

Be like Torres........

🙄

Be like Torres, except don’t walk out on the club for the Chavs.

The grass isn’t always greener, Torres certainly found that one out.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #5311: May 20, 2018 09:22:25 pm
      I always remember his debut for us and the Old Trafford game he ate CB's for fun.
      He has said he would one day spill the beans on what happened but its all water under the bridge now his career is over and our new era is just about to start.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #5312: May 20, 2018 09:29:41 pm
      I always remember his debut for us and the Old Trafford game he ate CB's for fun.
      He has said he would one day spill the beans on what happened but its all water under the bridge now his career is over and our new era is just about to start.

Yeah to be honest I don’t really care anymore, he was starting to show decline when he left, and to be honest, his career went the way it deserved too after leaving the way he did and getting nailed by Agger the first time he payed against us was a pretty good moment.
      Credit to him though, he’s never really shown support against us if that makes sense, unlike Owen who has shown nothing but a lack of respect to the club that made him the player he was.

Quick Reply