Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

cisse could be back in less than 6 months

Read 5722 times
      sardar_ji
      • Forum Avi Cohen
      • Started Topic

• 25 posts |
      Jun 08, 2006 08:18:14 pm
      latest update on liverpool site is that cisse should be playing for us again by november

I for 1 think when he is fit again rafa wont play him again unless he is forced to

feel sorry for the man

http://www.liverpoolfc.tv/news/drilldown/N152550060608-1947.htm
      REDLANCE
      • Forum Ian St John

• 451 posts |
      Reply #1: Jun 08, 2006 08:24:46 pm
      I know Rafa must be gutted :)

seriously though it is a terrible blow for djib just before the world cup and crushing his move to his fav club Marseille
      sardar_ji
      • Forum Avi Cohen
      • Started Topic

• 25 posts |
      Reply #2: Jun 08, 2006 08:25:41 pm
      rafa is so big headed that even if cisse never got injured and was top scorer in world cup he would sell him
      REDLANCE
      • Forum Ian St John

• 451 posts |
      Reply #3: Jun 08, 2006 08:28:53 pm
      Don't give me that bollocks Rafa will play who he thinks is his best team and with Cisse he hardly played as a  team member did he :evil:

Pig headed he is one of the best managers in the world if not the best
      sardar_ji
      • Forum Avi Cohen
      • Started Topic

• 25 posts |
      Reply #4: Jun 08, 2006 08:31:26 pm
      Quote from: "REDLANCE"
      Don't give me that bollocks Rafa will play who he thinks is his best team and with Cisse he hardly played as a  team member did he :evil:

Pig headed he is one of the best managers in the world if not the best

so why continously play Crouch up front with Morientes when neither could score and we had cisse with a few goals in him lucky to make the bench
      REDLANCE
      • Forum Ian St John

• 451 posts |
      Reply #5: Jun 08, 2006 08:38:56 pm
      Cisse would constantly drift out of games and looked uninterested in playing for Liverpool FC,Rafa only wants players who want to play for us a nd give 100% effort all the time.As for the Crouch and Nando partnership who else was he going to play,a lacklustre Cisse or two players who tried there best  and gave it their all even if it wasn't working out you couldn't fault their commitment to the club.Thats why Rafa signed Fowler half way through the season to give us more options up front
      sardar_ji
      • Forum Avi Cohen
      • Started Topic

• 25 posts |
      Reply #6: Jun 08, 2006 08:41:36 pm
      Quote from: "REDLANCE"
      Cisse would constantly drift out of games and looked uninterested in playing for Liverpool FC,Rafa only wants players who want to play for us a nd give 100% effort all the time.As for the Crouch and Nando partnership who else was he going to play,a lacklustre Cisse or two players who tried there best  and gave it their all even if it wasn't working out you couldn't fault their commitment to the club.Thats why Rafa signed Fowler half way through the season to give us more options up front

i dont want to argue and turn this into a debate

but i only feel like this because i think cisse wasnt treated very well and now he is as good as being blamed for liverpool having no money to buy players
      REDLANCE
      • Forum Ian St John

• 451 posts |
      Reply #7: Jun 08, 2006 08:48:23 pm
      I understand were you are coming from because at the start when Rafa wouldn't play him I would be shouting to get him on and Nando off but when he did get his chance to shine he never took it.He never took the game by the scruff of the neck and gave his all for the team, thats when RAFA started to get pissed off with him and leave him out.

As for him being at fault for our lack of spending power this year its not down to him,we as a club need more financial backing thats why we hear about all these different consortiums trying to buy into the club
      sardar_ji
      • Forum Avi Cohen
      • Started Topic

• 25 posts |
      Reply #8: Jun 08, 2006 08:51:11 pm
      but we are screwed now if we dont sign at least 1 more striker because i cant see robbie playing 90 mins in every single game
      REDLANCE
      • Forum Ian St John

• 451 posts |
      Reply #9: Jun 08, 2006 08:54:21 pm
      Could we get Kuyt and Defoe/Bellamy for around £16m I think we should have that to spend at least :?:
      sardar_ji
      • Forum Avi Cohen
      • Started Topic

• 25 posts |
      Reply #10: Jun 08, 2006 08:55:57 pm
      i think Kuyt will cost at least £10 million

i think we should offer Blackburn the £3.1million we got for Nando and Florent Sinama Pongolle for Bellamy coz they did say they want to sign him
      REDLANCE
      • Forum Ian St John

• 451 posts |
      Reply #11: Jun 08, 2006 08:57:21 pm
      Flo has already said that he would be willing to go there so it could be a done deal 8)
      sardar_ji
      • Forum Avi Cohen
      • Started Topic

• 25 posts |
      Reply #12: Jun 08, 2006 08:59:33 pm
      also i think PSG agreed something like £1.5million for Le Tallec so we aint reall strapped for cash coz i can see Traori and quite a few others leaving which will generate at least another £3-£4million
      REDLANCE
      • Forum Ian St John

• 451 posts |
      Reply #13: Jun 08, 2006 09:05:27 pm
      The good thing as well we should be getting a few loaned out players off the wage bill soon as there contracts are up
      sardar_ji
      • Forum Avi Cohen
      • Started Topic

• 25 posts |
      Reply #14: Jun 08, 2006 10:01:23 pm
      also, coz cisse injured i dont think we will be paying his wages
      REDLANCE
      • Forum Ian St John

• 451 posts |
      Reply #15: Jun 08, 2006 11:32:53 pm
      Still have to pay his wages and then start a case against the french fa to claim the money back,injured whilst on international duty :evil:
      rosscoveney
      • Forum Ronnie Moran

• 404 posts | -4 
      Reply #16: Jun 16, 2006 09:10:38 pm
      i hope he gets better soon so we can sell him
      lukey loves liverpool
      • Forum Dean Saunders

• 63 posts |
      Reply #17: Jun 19, 2006 10:16:55 am
      thats bollocks mate cisse aint coming back for a long time and he is as good as gone anyway off to marseille
      Nazir
      • Forum Youth Player

• 19 posts |
      Reply #18: Jun 19, 2006 01:15:18 pm
      Folks,

What I can not understand is why Cisse is blamed and criticised so much, hopefully it is only to pass some time during the off season. By no means he was the worst player last season to play for us. At LFC and all the reds supporters and fans alike, we back and support all of our players and staff, and therefore no matter how he plays or his attitude, he has worn a red shirt and that alone should mean we all support him. After all isn't it something like this that make LFC and its supporters so special? The players and managers alike need different time frame, help and support to fully adjust at a new club. To give few examples, think of old Fergie and how long it took him to turn them around. Also think how Steveie G plays for us and how England use him and thus reduce his impact. Cisse had nothing but the hardest hurdles to overcome at Liverpool but he is well capable of overcoming those. How many players are out there who after breaking a leg still managed to score goals (often playing out of position) like he has done. If he had poor attitude, he wouldn't have got those. What is needed is how he is managed. There must be a book or some record somewhere by Shanks how to get best out of someone like Cisse. After all Cisse wouldn't be the first at the club who is a bit of a challenge for a manager. Great managers and great clubs don't take easy options of simply getting rid of your assets, even a difficult one. The great club has a great manager at the helm, so please back and support Cisse and all like him.
      giddy76
      • Forum John Toshack

• 263 posts |
      Reply #19: Jun 19, 2006 02:49:23 pm
      In reply to above comment by Nazir.

I like Cisse, I've said all along that he's good in attack. I just think his attitude stinks. Yes, he's a Red [for now] and I respect him because he's played his heart out for this club, but he has to understand - and not be so big headed - that when he's left on the bench it's what the manager thinks is best. Did he seriously think that the other strikers would be happy sitting on the bench while he played every game? Of course not. They want to be on that pitch just as bad as he does but we can't play everyone all of the time. He needs to learn how to be gracious about not being picked, not sulk about it.
      Good old JC
      • Forum Didi Hamann

• 289 posts | -1 
      Reply #20: Jun 19, 2006 07:28:39 pm
      i think cisse has what it takes to be the next henry but firstly all these injuries muck up his return!!! secondly rafa doesn't want him so no wonder about his attitude, thirdly he is usually played out of position.
      I think 4 one we should keep him, but bring in someone just in case, we just need to change rafa attitude towards cisse!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
      RedWilly
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,146 posts | 1619 
      Reply #21: Jun 20, 2006 03:52:01 pm
      I didnt mind cisse until he came out and said about rafa that he didn't like him and he never started him [he started him in 3 finals] pissed me off with him and it sums up his attitude/
      smigger15
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,421 posts | 284 
      • YNWA - JFT96
      Reply #22: Jun 20, 2006 06:10:26 pm
      Quote from: "Liverbird"
      I didnt mind cisse until he came out and said about rafa that he didn't like him and he never started him [he started him in 3 finals] pissed me off with him and it sums up his attitude/

Agreed, he needs to realise that he's part of a team not a one man show.  I don't think Rafa took to kindly to him publicly criticising him, and no manager, wether in football or anywhere else would stand for that. There's only one boss and thats Rafa.     :D

Quick Reply