Trending Topics

Next match: Fulham v LFC [Premier League] Sun 21st Apr @ 4:30 pm
      Craven Cottage

Today is the 20th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P31 W17 D7 L7

Alexis Sanchez (Udinese)

Read 55817 times
      DOBBS83
      • Forum Legend - Benitez
      • Started Topic

• 1,034 posts | 34 
      • @chrisdobbs83
      Alexis Sanchez (Udinese)
      Jan 31, 2011 11:58:23 pm
      I know it's late and the window is closed but some announcements don't happen till way after the 11th hr but even so maybe I'm being a tad optimistic?

I hope we nab him in the summer...

http://www.crunchsports.com/category/Soccer/Liverpool-FC-to-sign-Alexis-Sanchez-in-30m-deal-201101310078/

Liverpool FC to sign Alexis Sanchez in €30m deal?

Alexis Sanchez(credit: Ryu Voelkel)Crunch Sports Staff - 31 Jan 2011Liverpool are reportedly considering making a transfer deadline day bid for Udinese winger Alexis Sanchez, who is also wanted by Manchester United and Chelsea

Liverpool are believed to be keen on bringing in a wide man before the transfer window closes tonight and with a bid for Aston Villa winger Ashley Young being unsuccessful could now turn to the Serie A side for their highly-rated 22-year-old.

Caughtoffside.com report that the Reds could launch a late bid for the Chile international, who has been linked with a number of Europe's top clubs throughout the month.

Earlier this month, Udinese sporting director Fabrizio Larini had revealed that Chelsea and Man Utd were leading the chase for his player.

Larini told Italian website Calciomercato: "If Sanchez continues like this he can do well. He is a versatile player, with much room for improvement.

"Chelsea and Manchester United? They are two clubs that have followed him and want him but there are also others."

When asked about how much Sanchez would cost, Larini added: "We don't set the figure, the market does. The value of the player is liable to vary."

Udinese owner Giampaolo Pozzo had earlier stated that he was unwilling to sell the Chilean cheaply and revealed that a fee of €30million had been discussed with Chelsea.

He told Sky Italia: "What is the value of Sanchez? With Chelsea, we talked about €30 million. I figure he's worth at least that.

"There is also interest from Inter Milan , with whom we decided to stop negotiations.

"But it is useless to talk about something we do not want to do because we cannot remove someone from the team when we're halfway through a season."

lfc_ynwa
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,109 posts | 233 
      • In Kenny we trust. YNWA. Tits!!
      Re: Alexis Sanchez (Udinese)
      Reply #1: Feb 01, 2011 12:00:09 am
      Would be my first choice. United are interested in him though. Can we close the transfer board for a couple months? Not gonna do much use now.
      Shemy
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 591 posts |
      Reply #2: Feb 01, 2011 12:07:01 am
      yeaaaaaa, find it hard to take anything from a site called crunch sports serious

would be very nice to have in the summer though, he can actually play on the right unlike our other wingers we have been linked with who all seem better suited on the left
      LFC Viking
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,112 posts | 38 
      • LFC: Europe's finest 5 star establishment
      Reply #3: Feb 01, 2011 12:26:53 am
      Hopefully one for the summer
      corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #4: Feb 01, 2011 09:47:35 am
      I would love him this is the standard of player we will need to target in the Summer, he wouldn't be cheap and will require NESV putting there hands in there pockets
      Adryan
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,704 posts | 378 
      • Cut my veins open and I bleed Liverpool Red.
      Reply #5: Feb 01, 2011 10:26:09 am
      I would love to have him here with another winger on the other side?
      kevinho
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,698 posts | 78 
      • YNWA
      Reply #6: Feb 01, 2011 03:49:59 pm
      I've watched Udinese play recently, and he seems to have shifted to a more central role (they play extremely narrow) and is flourishing there. If we were to plop him out on the right he would do a job and I would be delighted.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #7: Feb 01, 2011 06:14:13 pm
      Pace, creativity and causes havoc against opposing defences. Would of loved to have him but i guess i can wait until the summer if we get him. Fantastic if true.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,173 posts | 4402 
      Reply #8: Feb 01, 2011 09:18:40 pm

Oh Yes Please.................. ..........
      anfieldroad
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 582 posts | 18 
      Reply #9: Feb 02, 2011 12:01:09 am
      be a great buy 8)
      LFCexiled
      Reply #10: Mar 03, 2011 01:25:01 pm
      Not to state to its truthfulness, just reporting.

Liverpool are secret Alexis Sanchez bidders with £27.5m

Alexis Sanchez is currently one of the most talked about football players. Sources in Northern Italy have revealed that Liverpool are the Premiership club to have already made a summer bid for the Udinese and Chilean 22 year old.

The winger has been the subject of more transfer speculation than most over the last few months and Liverpool now look to be heading in the direction of sorting out player transfers as quickly and as quietly as possible and this premature offer is obviously a sign that Liverpool’s new owners actually mean business.

The previous Anfield owners (I won’t mention their names) were good at talk but never took any action, NESV seem to be letting their wallets do the talking which is great news for Kop fans. The recent signings of Suarez and Andy Carroll were a big sign that they will not simply be sitting in the background. A bid of £27.5m for Sanchez shows there is no sign of John William Henry II stopping yet.

Whilst Udineses are under “instructions” not to release the name of the team that has made the bid, it is likely that others will follow suit in what will be another high spending summer with other interested clubs reported to be that of Chelsea, Manchester City and Manchester United with Sir Alex Ferguson quoting a while ago that Sanchez was an “interesting project”.

For Sanchez the player, he is still at an age that will see him become a big star in the future, he has plenty of tricks up his sleeve and possibly, if I’m not over exaggerating here, could be someone to replicate that of Cristiano Ronaldo?

Should Udinese accept Liverpool’s offer and Sanchez decides it is the better club for him to join, it will be one more season without Champions League football, although whilst at Udinese he has not been involved in the competition I guess you cannot miss what you have not experienced.

Should Chelsea or either of the Manchester clubs come in with better offers, the 22 year old may see it as a fast track to the great European platform although with the excitement that surrounds Merseyside at the moment, most players in the World would want to be a part of this very interesting time for the reds.

With all the speculation and rumours, the big question will remain where Alexis Sanchez is concerned, will he or won’t he? It matters not who makes private or secret bids in the hope that others will not gazump them, all big teams looking to improve their squad would see the Chilean as an excellent signing and there will be many more bids forthcoming

http://footybunker.com/liverpool-are-secret-alexis-sanchez-bidders-with-27-5m/1201

Cristiano Ronaldo vs Alexis Sanchez - Football Magic 2009
      IrishRed_IO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,480 posts | 343 
      • Formerly InertObject
      Reply #11: Mar 03, 2011 02:03:53 pm
      I'm not sure, I honestly doubt we're secret bidders for him. However, it would fit in with the behind closed doors policy.
      Dadorious

• 9,882 posts | 1545 
      Reply #12: Mar 03, 2011 02:10:57 pm
      Not so secret any more.

This being linked it will start a bidding war.
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #13: Mar 03, 2011 02:12:00 pm
      Not so secret any more.

This being linked it will start a bidding war.

Doubt it, source is sh*te. I bet it isn't secret in footballing circles anyway.
      LFCexiled
      Reply #14: Mar 03, 2011 02:14:05 pm
      I'm not sure, I honestly doubt we're secret bidders for him. However, it would fit in with the behind closed doors policy.

Just what I was thinking, but it'll show quality intent by JWH if true. Just a bit unusual to be bidding for someone now and for the other party to 'reveal' it. We won't know till summer though.
      corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #15: Mar 03, 2011 02:31:50 pm
      This would be unbelieveable, we haven't had a wide man like Sanchez since Barnes. Have to say though have my doubts about the report.

Udinese are under instructions not to reveal who the bidders are yet the media have it, very dubious to say the least
      kevinho
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,698 posts | 78 
      • YNWA
      Reply #16: Mar 03, 2011 03:42:29 pm
      Don't think that sum would be enough to get him anyways.
      paulrobbo

• 6,875 posts | 106 
      • We are the Mods!
      Reply #17: Mar 03, 2011 03:57:32 pm
      I doubt it is us, but if "the club" has asked for their name to be kept secret it would fit our policy. They're probably just trying to spark a bidding war.
      skolRED
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,143 posts | 257 
      Reply #18: Mar 03, 2011 05:39:42 pm
      This kind of player we needed badly I think, and become our club's first priority (especially after last few games our team really lack of attackers).

Hope it's true, maybe sign him now to avoid UEFA's new rule next season ?

Other team to do if not our club I think it might be Chelsea.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #19: Mar 03, 2011 05:41:10 pm
      Would be brilliant if we got him, cracking player IMO. Scored 4 in a game recently didn't he?
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      Reply #20: Mar 03, 2011 06:29:36 pm
      This would be unbelieveable, we haven't had a wide man like Sanchez since Barnes. Have to say though have my doubts about the report.

Udinese are under instructions not to reveal who the bidders are yet the media have it, very dubious to say the least

???

Sanchez is nothing like Barnes.
      corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #21: Mar 03, 2011 06:46:14 pm
      What is he not a winger with pace that can beat a man with an end product or am I mixing him up with someone else, and don't come back with me with something smart like he plays on the right Barnes played on the left I know that.

Maybe your only remember the later Barnes that played in the centre of midfield Crouch
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      Reply #22: Mar 03, 2011 06:50:16 pm
      Sanchez is being used as a free roaming attacker. He isn't playing on the wing this season, it's been a partnership of he and Di Natale up top with Sanchez moving freely in the opposition half occupying space from the halfway line, all the way to the 6 yard box. Barnes was not a free-roaming attacker that took up the whole opposition half.

Quick Reply