Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

Alexis Sanchez (Udinese)

Read 55634 times
      lfc_ynwa
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,109 posts | 233 
      • In Kenny we trust. YNWA. Tits!!
      Re: Alexis Sanchez (Udinese)
      Reply #23: Mar 03, 2011 06:54:34 pm
      Isn't Sanchez being used just behind the striker this season?
      corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #24: Mar 03, 2011 06:56:58 pm
      Sanchez is in the whole a right midfielder, ya he is capable of playing that position of a free role or on the right of a 4-3-3 but then so could Barnes in his heyday on the left side. Yes I know where Sanchez is playing this season for Udinese but because Johnson is playing left back does it mean he is a left back.

Your only being petty here Crouch I know exactly where Sanchez plays I know exactly what his qualities are and his qualities are similar to Barnes in his heyday. Unless you disagree with anything here both of them have pace, can beat a man, are skillful, score goals, have an excellant end product and are great crossers of the ball. If you disagree with any of that tell me instead of being petty
      Red5man

• 9,616 posts | 76 
      Reply #25: Mar 03, 2011 07:03:45 pm
      Sanchez end product is inconsistent. Probably the weakest part of his game, IMO. His finishing has become more consistent this season but his crossing would still be inconsistent until proven otherwise. Absolutely love the lad but not certain he's an out-and-out winger. Could skin his man with ease but miss a cross often.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #26: Mar 03, 2011 07:04:10 pm
      Isn't Sanchez being used just behind the striker this season?

Yes, in a free role in attack as i said above.

Sanchez is in the whole a right midfielder, ya he is capable of playing that position of a free role or on the right of a 4-3-3 but then so could Barnes in his heyday on the left side. Yes I know where Sanchez is playing this season for Udinese but because Johnson is playing left back does it mean he is a left back.

Your only being petty here Crouch I know exactly where Sanchez I know exactly what his qualities are and his qualities are similar to Barnes in his heyday. Unless you disagree with anything here both of them have pace, can beat a man, are skillful, score goals, have an excellant end product and are great crossers of the ball. If you disagree with any of that tell me instead of being petty

Just because they have the same qualities doesn't mean they are the same player. Sanchez doesn't have the style in his game that Barnes had. Barnes was a winger, there was no debate as to his position, Sanchez is not a traditional winger - not even close - he is a free spirit in attack. Barnes didnt roam around the pitch and be the main link between midfield like Sanchez is.

I honestly don't know how you've got that impression of him while watching him.
      corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #27: Mar 03, 2011 07:05:49 pm
      They have the same qualities fairly obvious your being petty here, I was talking about having a wide man that has pace and can beat a man but maybe according to you that is not Sanchez
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,018 posts | 2741 
      Reply #28: Mar 03, 2011 07:11:40 pm
      Sanchez end product is inconsistent. Probably the weakest part of his game, IMO. His finishing has become more consistent this season but his crossing would still be inconsistent until proven otherwise. Absolutely love the lad but not certain he's an out-and-out winger. Could skin his man with ease but miss a cross often.

Bit like Lennon then before his recent improvements?
      Red5man

• 9,616 posts | 76 
      Reply #29: Mar 03, 2011 07:14:02 pm

Somewhat. I definitely rate Sanchez more then Lennon. More in his game. Sanchez to me isn't a true winger, he can do a job there because of his skill and pace on the ball but like Lennon, the cross is not consistent.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      Reply #30: Mar 03, 2011 07:15:12 pm
      They have the same qualities fairly obvious your being petty here, I was talking about having a wide man that has pace and can beat a man but maybe according to you that is not Sanchez

Not being petty. Just telling you how it is this season. Being petty would be trying to correct you while saying the same things you are about him, but i'm not. I'm saying Sanchez is nothing like the player your portraying him to be.
      lfc_ynwa

• 9,109 posts | 233 
      Reply #31: Mar 03, 2011 07:16:30 pm

Sanchez has got 11 goals in 24 games. Far better then Lennon.
      Red5man

• 9,616 posts | 76 
      Reply #32: Mar 03, 2011 07:18:12 pm
      Sanchez has got 11 goals in 24 games. Far better then Lennon.

He was merely talking about the winger portion of Sanchez game, mate. Lennon isn't asked to score goals, he's asked to set them up. Sanchez has not played as a winger this season and has been asked to score goals behind Di Natale.
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,018 posts | 2741 
      Reply #33: Mar 03, 2011 07:20:21 pm
      Somewhat. I definitely rate Sanchez more then Lennon. More in his game. Sanchez to me isn't a true winger, he can do a job there because of his skill and pace on the ball but like Lennon, the cross is not consistent.

So if we were looking for an out and out winger (which we don't have at the moment) would you get Sanchez?

I've watched him irregularly and I think he's very talented but just asking people who obviously watch him more than I do.
      corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #34: Mar 03, 2011 07:20:40 pm
      So he isnt quick can't beat a man , hasn't skill and hasn't an end product is that what your saying then Crouch.

Debate that rather than trying to start a petty argument. So you disgree with what I've listed of Sanchez qualities which one exactly or are you just looking for an argument
      lfc_ynwa

• 9,109 posts | 233 
      Reply #35: Mar 03, 2011 07:22:36 pm
      He was merely talking about the winger portion of Sanchez game, mate. Lennon isn't asked to score goals, he's asked to set them up. Sanchez has not played as a winger this season and has been asked to score goals behind Di Natale.

I never said he was as a winger. I said he plays behind the striker, which he does. But he is a better footballer then Lennon
      Red5man

• 9,616 posts | 76 
      Reply #36: Mar 03, 2011 07:24:24 pm
      So if we were looking for an out and out winger (which we don't have at the moment) would you get Sanchez?

I've watched him irregularly and I think he's very talented but just asking people who obviously watch him more than I do.

If we are going to play a 4-4-2 with Suarez/Carroll, and ask Sanchez to strictly hug the touchline and beat his man for a cross, I might look elsewhere. Sanchez is absurdly talented but I don't think that's his best position/quality.

If we are playing a 4-3-3, then I would take Sanchez surely. He would be able to switch flanks, cut in more freely, a cross in when he wants to, just play more freely. I would definitely buy him for that formation.

I just don't think he's an out-and-out winger. Crossing the ball must be more consistent.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      Reply #37: Mar 03, 2011 07:24:30 pm
      So he isnt quick can't beat a man , hasn't skill and hasn't an end product is that what your saying then Crouch.

Debate that rather than trying to start a petty argument. So you disgree with what I've listed of Sanchez qualities which one exactly or are you just looking for an argument

I said the qualities you stated are correct, but you referred to him as:

This would be unbelieveable, we haven't had a wide man like Sanchez since Barnes. Have to say though have my doubts about the report.

Udinese are under instructions not to reveal who the bidders are yet the media have it, very dubious to say the least

and:

What is he not a winger with pace that can beat a man with an end product or am I mixing him up with someone else, and don't come back with me with something smart like he plays on the right Barnes played on the left I know that.

Maybe your only remember the later Barnes that played in the centre of midfield Crouch

which he isn't.

If he came here he might well play on the right but he is nothing like Barnes, nor is he a winger. Do you understand where i'm coming from now?
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,018 posts | 2741 
      Reply #38: Mar 03, 2011 07:27:19 pm
      If we are going to play a 4-4-2 with Suarez/Carroll, and ask Sanchez to strictly hug the touchline and beat his man for a cross, I might look elsewhere. Sanchez is absurdly talented but I don't think that's his best position/quality.

If we are playing a 4-3-3, then I would take Sanchez surely. He would be able to switch flanks, cut in more freely, a cross in when he wants to, just play more freely. I would definitely buy him for that formation.

I just don't think he's an out-and-out winger. Crossing the ball must be more consistent.

Thanks for that. I think we will have to see with Carroll regaining fitness just how we will play now. Kenny is using this 5 at the back in my opinion to get some width from full backs since we have no wingers at the moment. I think it's anyone's guess what formation we start with in August, but like you if I was judging it from just ability, Sanchez would definately improve us.

And corbally and crouchie, it's getting a bit tedious now. Can this stuff go to PMs because it's boring the F**k out of me and not wanting me to go into certain threads now.
      corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #39: Mar 03, 2011 07:27:37 pm
      If he was bought by us, he would either be playing right midfield or on the right side of a 4-3-3. He would not have a free role. Agree, disagree.

If he played right midfield does he not have skill, pace and can beat a man qualities last possessed by Barnes maybe McManaman, do you see where I'm coming from
      Red5man

• 9,616 posts | 76 
      Reply #40: Mar 03, 2011 07:30:23 pm
      Thanks for that. I think we will have to see with Carroll regaining fitness just how we will play now. Kenny is using this 5 at the back in my opinion to get some width from full backs since we have no wingers at the moment. I think it's anyone's guess what formation we start with in August, but like you if I was judging it from just ability, Sanchez would definately improve us.

And corbally and crouchie, it's getting a bit tedious now. Can this stuff go to PMs because it's boring the f**k out of me and not wanting me to go into certain threads now.

Cheers mate.

Absolutely love watching Sanchez at Udinese but they set him up perfectly. Not sure we would do the same for him.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      Reply #41: Mar 03, 2011 07:33:03 pm
      If Sanchez is coming in to play right midfield then no, i don't want him. He's not that kind of player at all, and i'd look elsewhere.

And corbally and crouchie, it's getting a bit tedious now. Can this stuff go to PMs because it's boring the F**k out of me and not wanting me to go into certain threads now.

Why would we talk about Alexis Sanchez anywhere else other than the thread where members are to discuss his potential transfer?
      corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #42: Mar 03, 2011 07:39:51 pm
      That is fair enough, if you don't think he is capable of playing on the right side for us, I personally would love to see him here, would make a difference than seeing Kuyt plodding along and he could also play 4-3-3 with Sanchez Carroll and him
      kevinho
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,698 posts | 78 
      • YNWA
      Reply #43: Mar 03, 2011 08:06:15 pm
      Potential replacement for Carragher? :)
      s@int
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,987 posts | 2282 
      Reply #44: Mar 03, 2011 08:07:54 pm
      I don't watch much Italian football, so could someone tell me does Sanchez play in a similar role to Lavezzi, and in your opinion who would be a better "fit" for Liverpool.

My son watches Italian football quite a bit and he seems to think Lavezzi is "the next best thing to Tevez", while his opinion of Sanchez is that he is similar to David Silva, a player that can play both out wide or behind a striker.
      skolRED
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,132 posts | 256 
      Reply #45: Mar 04, 2011 06:47:42 am

You said what I think Red5man mate :). Alexis Sanchez imo not the traditional out and out winger, and that's good as I think we better having a Messi style player, add more dimensions of attacking for our team.

Quick Reply