Trending Topics

Next match: Fulham v LFC [Premier League] Sun 21st Apr @ 4:30 pm
      Craven Cottage

Today is the 20th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P31 W17 D7 L7

Alexis Sanchez (Udinese)

Read 55819 times
      bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Re: Alexis Sanchez (Udinese)
      Reply #322: Jun 21, 2011 09:33:37 am
      Either way; it looks like the good ship Sanchez has well and truly sailed. Next fantasy 'signing' please?
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #323: Jun 21, 2011 09:34:18 am
      Sorry to say this, but that doesn't make sense ... Alexis Sanchez has an awesome potential, and he could easily turn into a top 5 player in the world ... The arrival of such a player at City would actually make winning the league for LFC in the near future much more difficult ... Yes, Adam Johnson would make us better, but in this scenario, City would get even better ...

City can have all the bloody talent they want. They're not going to get the best out of him because of one man - Mancini. The bloke has managed to F**k up one of the best goal scorers in Europe (Dzeko), one of the best playmakers (Silva), some young talent in Balotelli (he fu**ed him up at Inter, too), Boateng, and has used one of the best fullbacks in the Serie A as a left winger (Kolarov).

And it's not like not getting Sanchez will stop them from getting other top talent from around the world.

It's time to stop worrying about anyone else and worry about us, and Adam Johnson would help us win things.
      TKIDLLTK
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,362 posts | 158 
      Reply #324: Jun 21, 2011 09:36:04 am
      I think Balotelli was fu**ed up long ago!
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      Reply #325: Jun 21, 2011 09:37:54 am
      I think Balotelli was fu**ed up long ago!

Mancini played a big part in it. He just fu**ed around with Balotelli too much at Inter. Tried to make him someone he isn't. If he was given freedom and Mancini didn't smother him and try to control his life he could of turned out normal.
      Macedonian_Red
      • Banned

• 4,762 posts | 63 
      Reply #326: Jun 21, 2011 10:54:34 am
      City can have all the bloody talent they want. They're not going to get the best out of him because of one man - Mancini.

Mancini has saved his skin by winning the FA Cup and qualifying for the CL ... He will be out of City by next summer, replaced by a proper manager ... Hopefully, not some Spaniard who is currently on vacation ...
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      Reply #327: Jun 21, 2011 11:03:13 am
      Mancini has saved his skin by winning the FA Cup and qualifying for the CL ... He will be out of City by next summer, replaced by a proper manager ... Hopefully, not some Spaniard who is currently on vacation ...

Again, who cares? City's business is their business. You have online access to City's business plans do ye?

Think about what is best for Liverpool Football Club, and that is having someone of the talent that Adam Johnson has.
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,595 posts | 3839 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #328: Jun 21, 2011 11:14:39 am
      barcastuff barcastuff
      Barcelona's last offer for Udinese attacker Alexis Sanchez would be 28M + 5M variables + Jeffren to Udinese + Soriano to Granada [sport]
      aussieredave
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 961 posts |
      Reply #329: Jun 21, 2011 11:23:39 am
      John Henry swoops in with a 40 mill bid bahah :) i can only dream.
      Macedonian_Red
      • Banned

• 4,762 posts | 63 
      Reply #330: Jun 21, 2011 01:27:00 pm
      Again, who cares? City's business is their business.

Man City are one of the 5 teams that have finished above us for the last couple of seasons ... We would have to ask ourselves the following question: Why would they sell Adam Johnson and replace him with Alexis Sanchez, if Johnson is good enough to be a starting winger on a title challenging team ?
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,146 posts | 4897 
      Reply #331: Jun 21, 2011 01:31:11 pm
      Why would they sell Adam Johnson and replace him with Alexis Sanchez, if Johnson is good enough to be a starting winger on a title challenging team ?

Because they have the money to buy any player in the world and if they see Sanchez as a better player than Johnson then they can afford to buy him.

This however does not mean that Johnson is not good enough to play in a title winning team.
      Macedonian_Red
      • Banned

• 4,762 posts | 63 
      Reply #332: Jun 21, 2011 01:37:33 pm
      Because they have the money to buy any player in the world and if they see Sanchez as a better player than Johnson then they can afford to buy him.

This however does not mean that Johnson is not good enough to play in a title winning team.

Exactly what I have said, in different wording ...

Alexis Sanchez has an awesome potential, and he could easily turn into a top 5 player in the world ... The arrival of such a player at City would actually make winning the league for LFC in the near future much more difficult ... Yes, Adam Johnson would make us better, but in this scenario, City would get even better ...

I am not disputing the quality of Adam Johnson and I would like to see him at LFC, but I would hate if City get a world class talent to upgrade on him ...
      TKIDLLTK

• 8,362 posts | 158 
      Reply #333: Jun 21, 2011 01:39:49 pm
      Think of the players who won the league this year, Carrick, Valencia etc, Johnson is good enough to help his team win a title, even if Sanchez is better.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,146 posts | 4897 
      Reply #334: Jun 21, 2011 01:46:28 pm
      I am not disputing the quality of Adam Johnson and I would like to see him at LFC, but I would hate if City get a world class talent to upgrade on him ...

There is no guarantee that if City buy Sanchez they would improve more than us if we had Johnson.

They could buy Sanchez and stay at a similar level, while we could buy Johnson, a style of player we don't have in our squad and he could raise our standards enough to bring us closer to challenging for the title.

Macedonian_Red
      • Banned

• 4,762 posts | 63 
      Reply #335: Jun 21, 2011 01:57:22 pm
      There is no guarantee that if City buy Sanchez they would improve more than us if we had Johnson.

They could buy Sanchez and stay at a similar level, while we could buy Johnson, a style of player we don't have in our squad and he could raise our standards enough to bring us closer to challenging for the title.

Well, of course that there are no guarantees, but Sanchez is a talent of Suarez' level, and it is very likely that he would improve them in a massive way ... In fact, with Sanchez on their team, they would have the best attack in the league ...

Dzeko

Silva     Tevez     Sanchez

With Milner and Balotelli on the bench ... Quite a frightening prospect, especially if they replace Mancini with a top class manager ...

As for Adam at LFC, even though I rate the player, I am not 100% certain that he would be the best solution for us ... He is a left-footed wide attacking player who plays his best football on the right ... In fact, when played on the left, he has looked much weaker than on the right ... Considering that we have Carroll upfront, I think that the wrong-footed wingers won't be very effective on our team ...
      Reprobate
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 11,055 posts | 436 
      • Avatar by Kitster29@Deviantart.com
      Reply #336: Jun 21, 2011 01:59:54 pm
      That's assuming Tevez stays and Dzeko remembers where the net is, of course.
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,595 posts | 6928 
      Reply #337: Jun 21, 2011 02:01:41 pm
      Why would they sell Adam Johnson and replace him with Alexis Sanchez, if Johnson is good enough to be a starting winger on a title challenging team ?

Fair point - but it could be argued about every single transfer ever made.

Why would Chelsea buy Torres for £50M so that we could go on and strengthen our attack with two young strikers.

Man City have got to start doing some more wheeling dealing in the transfer market due to the UEFA rules.  They can't just go out and build a 50 man squad anymore.

Just because Mancini may fancy another player more than another doesn't mean he is tactically right or getting the best deal.
      Macedonian_Red
      • Banned

• 4,762 posts | 63 
      Reply #338: Jun 21, 2011 02:02:41 pm

Well, he has done more than Carroll at LFC ... Not that the first 6 months at a new club (and a new league, in the case of Dzeko) should be any indication ...
      Dannylfc

• 5,010 posts | 174 
      • Always in our shadow.
      Reply #339: Jun 21, 2011 02:06:24 pm
      Well, he has done more than Carroll at LFC
      He's played more games, thats probably about it.

On Sanchez.. As long as the lad doesn't go to Mancs doesn't really concern me.
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #340: Jun 21, 2011 02:10:56 pm
      He's played more games, thats probably about it.

1 goal in every 3.5 games to Andy's 1 goal in every 4.  Hardly great for a world class striker. 

I believe if Andy had played 21 games for us instead of 8 he would have had a much better return.

Anyway I thought Sanchez was Barca bound?
      Tayls

• 5,378 posts | 510 
      Reply #341: Jun 21, 2011 02:11:42 pm
      Well, he has done more than Carroll at LFC ... Not that the first 6 months at a new club (and a new league, in the case of Dzeko) should be any indication ...

Surprise surprise this is going off topic again, though I have to dispute that Dzeko's made more of an impact than Carroll has since January. 2 goals each, but Dzeko's played 15 games to Carroll's 6 (stats from league games). Hardly indication of anything there, other than Dzeko's had a sh*te start to his City career.

Isn't Sanchez most likely on his way to Barca anyway?

*edit* xxxxx:action-smiley-065: hi debs, sorry to have stolen your post.  ;D
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,146 posts | 4897 
      Reply #342: Jun 21, 2011 02:13:58 pm

You sure about that mate?

Carroll 2 goals in 6 games.

Dzecko 2 goals in 15.
      Macedonian_Red
      • Banned

• 4,762 posts | 63 
      Reply #343: Jun 21, 2011 02:20:02 pm
      You sure about that mate?

Carroll 2 goals in 6 games.

Dzecko 2 goals in 15.

Actually, Dzeko's return is 6 goals in 21 matches for City, and Carroll's is 2 goals in 9 matches for LFC ... Not that it really matters in this thread ...
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #344: Jun 21, 2011 02:21:28 pm
      Surprise surprise this is going off topic again, though I have to dispute that Dzeko's made more of an impact than Carroll has since January. 2 goals each, but Dzeko's played 15 games to Carroll's 6 (stats from league games). Hardly indication of anything there, other than Dzeko's had a sh*te start to his City career.

Isn't Sanchez most likely on his way to Barca anyway?

*edit* xxxxx:action-smiley-065: hi debs, sorry to have stolen your post.  ;D

No worries mate.  It just reiterates my info  xxxxx:action-smiley-065:

Quick Reply