Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 29th of May and on this date LFC's match record is P8 W3 D3 L2

Alexis Sanchez (Udinese)

Read 56436 times
      Dexter
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,279 posts | 116 
      Re: Alexis Sanchez (Udinese)
      Reply #69: Mar 12, 2011 03:28:03 pm
      Who says we won't sign those if we'd sign him? We can spend 35 million on a player. Not like all of our players will cost that much. They haven't spend anything yet technically last transfer period, so I'm sure we can splash a bit this summer on some players. We also need a leftback by the way.

Not convinced he'd come here though, but I would sure try.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #70: Mar 12, 2011 03:39:45 pm
      Maybe he is worth of it but I would not put 35mil on 1 winger/miedfielder since we need at least 2 wingers and a DM/playmaker.
      If we didn't lack width as we do now I wouldn't mind bidding 35mil for him.

They put 35m on one striker.

We've spent very little and could wheel and deal with some of the deadwood in our squad to raise even more funds.
      ORCHARD RED
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,526 posts | 1457 
      • 6 Times!
      Reply #71: Mar 12, 2011 03:51:12 pm
      Don't like the idea of spending £35 million on one player, but if that is what it's going to take, then so be it.
      We really need need a winger as a priorty IMO.
      alex1995
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,193 posts | 165 
      Reply #72: Mar 12, 2011 04:11:01 pm
      They put 35m on one striker.

We've spent very little and could wheel and deal with some of the deadwood in our squad to raise even more funds.

Yes they put 35m on a striker; an English man, 22yrs old and awesome in the air AFTER SELLING a player for 50M!
      If FT hadn't been sold for 50m we would not have put 35 mil for Carroll. Our net spend was about 2m.

an example is Luis Suarez, We bid for him before we knew FT would leave. Ajax's manager said that Suarez would be sold at about 30m(Dzeko) and it was clear that we were reluctant to pay it.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      Reply #73: Mar 12, 2011 04:15:14 pm
      Well they could put 35m on an attacker, whose got a lot more about him than Carroll, and fix another problem in our squad.
      Redmen96
      • Forum Youth Player

• 20 posts |
      Reply #74: Mar 12, 2011 04:26:21 pm
      John Henry once said that if the age of a player is right( under25) the money isn't an issue. Anyway he insisted he would have loved to spend more in the Jan transfer window but we ran out of time. I can see us having a big big summer of transfers.
      Dexter
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,279 posts | 116 
      Reply #75: Mar 12, 2011 04:30:32 pm
      an example is Luis Suarez, We bid for him before we knew FT would leave. Ajax's manager said that Suarez would be sold at about 30m(Dzeko) and it was clear that we were reluctant to pay it.
      You don't know if we were reluctant to pay it, the way I see it they just tried to get him for as little as possible. Suarez might be worth much more than what we bought him for, but him being an Ajax player in the dutch league means you don't pay 30 million or more for him, and in no way is Ajax in a position to hold out for that. Not even Sneijder cost more than 25 million for Madrid, and they bought him on the last day of the summer transfer period.

Either way, I rate Sanchez more than Suarez, he's younger and has more potential aswell. Having Suarez and Sanchez in one team would be magic.
      lfc_ynwa

• 9,109 posts | 233 
      • In Kenny we trust. YNWA. Tits!!
      Reply #76: Mar 12, 2011 04:34:34 pm
      I don't think we will pay 35 million for him this summer. If we were in a strong position and we only needed 1 player, we could blow our whole transfer budget on Sanchez. Currently we need around 5 players so I think the money will be spread around the squad.

Anyway it'll be next to impossible to attract him here's, him being a United fan and every big team in Europe after him.
      Dexter
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,279 posts | 116 
      Reply #77: Mar 12, 2011 04:35:46 pm
      Guess we just disagree in thinking that 35 million is our whole transfer budget then.
      lfc_ynwa

• 9,109 posts | 233 
      Reply #78: Mar 12, 2011 04:39:47 pm
      Guess we just disagree in thinking that 35 million is our whole transfer budget then.

Not want I meant. I just think 35 million will be most of our budget. We will probably not do a City and spend 100 million plus. If we did spend 35 million on Sanchez then our other targets will probably want an inflated price too.

35 million is good value for Sanchez but I can see nesv using the money throughout the squad then on just 1 player.

Anyway I guess we'll find out what happens in the summer, sadly I feel he'll end up at Chelsea.
      Dexter
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,279 posts | 116 
      Reply #79: Mar 12, 2011 04:51:22 pm
      I don't think 35 will be most of our budget. They have said they'll spend big didn't they? I think they'll want to ensure that we're back in the top 4 next season. Not that I'm expecting 100 million plus either. But I guess it's not the money spend that counts, it's the players we get.
      corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #80: Mar 12, 2011 04:52:15 pm
      I thought NESV philsophy was if a player fitted there philsophy they would try and buy him irrevelant of the price, there would be no fixed budget, it is about identifying people that fit there philsophy and this lad defo does
      Red5man

• 9,616 posts | 76 
      Reply #81: Mar 12, 2011 04:53:34 pm
      NESV will buy anyone that they feel is a fit in their philosophy and Comolli/Kenny feel fit into the team.

If a 35m Alexis Sanchez is one of those players, then we'll go for him.

And no, that won't be the end of our budget.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      Reply #82: Mar 12, 2011 04:54:01 pm
      I think we're in a strong position. Need to show intent in the market and he could see how good we can be with him. Could be a part of something.

The Mancs won't blow 35m on him, City won't need him, Arsenal definitely couldn't afford him, neither can Spurs. Chelsea could be the danger.

I don't think he'd be targetted by anyone in Spain. Definitely not Barca, and probably not Madrid.

Then he has Inter who could be a possibility if Moratti decides to spend, he won't go to Milan because they don't need him, Juve can't afford him.
      corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #83: Mar 12, 2011 04:55:25 pm
      Ya Crouch i think the lad will end up at Chelsea if I'm being honest, a lot of the talk is the bid was not from us but Chelsea and there was also a much lower bid from Inter
      Dexter
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,279 posts | 116 
      Reply #84: Mar 12, 2011 05:09:39 pm
      Not sure if City won't need him. Just read somewhere that they might go for Cavani this summer because Tevez or Balotelli might be off. Doesn't even surprise me anymore, they're crazy. Though I don't know how they're going to make it all work with these new rules.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      Reply #85: Mar 12, 2011 05:16:13 pm
      Well that'd work in our favour too. Adam Johnson would be available on the cheap.
      Dexter
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,279 posts | 116 
      Reply #86: Mar 12, 2011 05:29:48 pm
      Can't imagine City will ever sell a good player to competition though. They'd sooner offload him to a foreign league, or even championship.
      lfc_ynwa

• 9,109 posts | 233 
      Reply #87: Mar 12, 2011 05:35:51 pm
      I remember seeing that Udinese want Valencia so United could afford him for money + Valencia.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      Reply #88: Mar 12, 2011 06:58:59 pm
      Can't imagine City will ever sell a good player to competition though. They'd sooner offload him to a foreign league, or even championship.

Honestly don't think they'd care if we pay a decent price. And Adam Johnson won't go overseas. If we came calling i think he'd force it through.
      Red5man

• 9,616 posts | 76 
      Reply #89: Mar 12, 2011 07:07:20 pm
      I remember seeing that Udinese want Valencia so United could afford him for money + Valencia.

SAF isn't offloading Valencia.
      fletch_rox
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,189 posts | 12 
      • JFT96
      Reply #90: Mar 12, 2011 10:50:30 pm
      Admittedly haven't seen alot of him but I'd prefer young (20-25) and mata (20-25) for a total of 40-50mil than just Sanchez.

Reina
      Kelly agger carra Johnson
      Young meireles gerrard mata
      Suarez Carroll.

All that team needs is a DM,LB,CB and it leave plenty of options for 4-4-2/4-3-3 etc
      LFCBosnia
      • Forum Kevin Keegan

• 353 posts | 12 
      Reply #91: Mar 17, 2011 08:33:15 am
      YES !!!! PLEASEEEE!!!!!

Quick Reply