Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 28th of May and on this date LFC's match record is P5 W1 D3 L1

Favourite LFC goal scored

Read 13081 times
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Re: Favourite LFC goal scored
      Reply #69: Feb 04, 2011 09:20:51 am
      That is also one my favourite ever goals that. I remember it like it was yesterday and me and Gow have sat there having a few cans watching that goal on countless times.

That goal was a symbol of King Kennys leadership the first time around. The desire to win was all that we were about.I believe it was Aldo who scored the tap in though wasn't it Cornish? And less of the older please Debs.  ;)

It sure did Kenny and sorry about the oldies mate but you know what I meant  ;)

again I was at that  match in the kop. and I cant bloody  remember who it was, im thinking arsenal and we won 2-0 that  day  and yes we did score from mcmahon keeping the ball in play, beardsley I think. the defence kicked it out to touch, mcmahon raced after it, back heeled it to  keep it on the pitch(paddock/main stand touchline)took the ball around the advancing defender and put it in the box for us to  score.
      brilliant play  from mcmahon.
      thats how I remember it anyway ;D.

Like I said mate the only bit I remember is McMahon keeping the ball in play and us scoring as a result of it.

Great determination by Steve but there always was in those days and I'm expecting to see it again now Kenny's back.
      CORNISH
      • Forum David Johnson

• 234 posts |
      Reply #70: Feb 04, 2011 09:31:23 am
      You're are right it was Arsenal, but the goal you're describing was scored by Aldridge, Beardsley's was at the Anny Road End when he beat two or three men.

One of my personal favourites was two seasons later against Arsenal, John Barnes' storming free kick that beat John Lukic.

cheers huyton.
      yep i  can see the goals in my head now, especially  beardsleys, forgot about that  one mate.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,484 posts | 8671 
      Reply #71: Feb 05, 2011 05:48:17 am
      Forgot this one from Robbie Fowler against Villa and making Stan Staunton looking very pedestrian. Once he turned Stan and left him for dead, he did one touch forward and hit the ball which went like a low cruise missile, only raising off the ground about 2ft, screamed past Adolf Bosnich and hit the back of the net some 22 yards away.

34 seconds in:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oom5t5uSUmk&feature=related

ORCHARD RED
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,526 posts | 1457 
      • 6 Times!
      Reply #72: Feb 05, 2011 08:01:26 am
      kelvo
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,207 posts | 52 
      Reply #73: Feb 05, 2011 09:15:40 am
      Forgot this one from Robbie Fowler against Villa and making Stan Staunton looking very pedestrian. Once he turned Stan and left him for dead, he did one touch forward and hit the ball which went like a low cruise missile, only raising off the ground about 2ft, screamed past Adolf Bosnich and hit the back of the net some 22 yards away.

34 seconds in:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oom5t5uSUmk&feature=related

Great goal that....what a turn and the camera caught the flight of the ball perfectly which made it look even better!
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #74: Feb 05, 2011 09:54:31 am
      Beardsley against the blue sh*te, 3.30 onwards.

Liverpool Legend - Peter Beardsley
      LFCexiled
      Reply #75: Feb 05, 2011 10:31:16 am
      Collymore in the 4-3 with Keegan collapsing, the absolute beauty of football.

Stevie against Olympiakos.

Gary Mc's free kick in the Derby.

There are loads but this one and where the road led probably pips it:

Luis Garcia controversial goal
      bigmack123
      • Forum Phil Babb

• 170 posts |
      Reply #76: Feb 05, 2011 08:54:22 pm
      bigears

• 6,125 posts | 287 
      • My bird looks great in red
      Reply #77: Feb 05, 2011 09:48:12 pm
      I have to go with stevieg istanbul header not because i think it was the most beautiful goal ,but because of the importance of it ,without it i dont think we could have pulled back that night.it was
      AJ

• 6,445 posts | 124 
      • Boom!
      Reply #78: Feb 05, 2011 10:54:18 pm
      Pretty much every goal Fowler scored and the Alonso 1 v Newcastle!

Alonso Wonder Goal!!!

Liverpool - Robbie Fowler (goals)

Quick Reply